ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags loose change , part 4 , 911 conspiracy theory

Closed Thread
Old 2nd August 2006, 06:23 PM   #81
JamesB
Master Poster

Originally Posted by defaultdotxbe View Post
IIRC the US govt only aided afghani natives (IE taliban) against the soviets, not foreigners like (saudi arabian) OBL

of course the taliban could have in turn handed US aid to OBL, but thats beside the point

was anyone complaining during the cold war about us fighting our old (WW2) ally the USSR? the enemy of my enemy is my freind, no?

"If Hitler invaded hell I would make at least a favorable reference to the devil in the House of Commons."
-Winston Churchill
The Taliban did not fight in the war against the Soviets. They weren't formed until the mid 90s, mostly from Afghan students studying in Pakistani madrassas. Thus the name Taliban, coming from the Arabic word for student, "Talib"
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2006, 06:33 PM   #82
JamesB
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Hot Air's got it:

Little Green Footballs says:

These are among the biggest blogs in the country. I don't know, but it's possible that James had something to do with this getting picked up at Hot Air.

Check out some of the comments on those blogs as well; If I were Dylan Avery, I wouldn't want to meet any of the people who've seen this film. To a certain extent we're callous about this stuff because we're used to these dopes making jokes about the passengers. Don't get me wrong, that's the whole reason I agreed when James approached me about doing SLC. But you know how it is; you go nuclear the first time and after that it's just an annoyance. These folks have just gone nuclear.

BTW, these blogs are conservative/Republican oriented, so you may see some negative comments about liberals, because the assumption is that these guys must be liberal. We know better--they're nutbars of various political persuasions. Reynolds seems to be a legit conservative, as does Stephen Jones. Fetzer's clearly a liberal. Alex Jones is probably a libertarian. So it does run the gamut.

Kudos to Markyx and to Gravy, whose "Loose Change Creators Speak" was the source for much of this film. Great job, guys!
It wasn't me, I have been too busy to do an publicity. Allah at Hot Air is a fan of the site though, so he runs stuff all the time. Mark did a great job, it should get plenty of play.
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2006, 06:35 PM   #83
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Hot Air's got it:

Little Green Footballs says:

These are among the biggest blogs in the country. I don't know, but it's possible that James had something to do with this getting picked up at Hot Air.

Check out some of the comments on those blogs as well; If I were Dylan Avery, I wouldn't want to meet any of the people who've seen this film. To a certain extent we're callous about this stuff because we're used to these dopes making jokes about the passengers. Don't get me wrong, that's the whole reason I agreed when James approached me about doing SLC. But you know how it is; you go nuclear the first time and after that it's just an annoyance. These folks have just gone nuclear.

BTW, these blogs are conservative/Republican oriented, so you may see some negative comments about liberals, because the assumption is that these guys must be liberal. We know better--they're nutbars of various political persuasions. Reynolds seems to be a legit conservative, as does Stephen Jones. Fetzer's clearly a liberal. Alex Jones is probably a libertarian. So it does run the gamut.

Kudos to Markyx and to Gravy, whose "Loose Change Creators Speak" was the source for much of this film. Great job, guys!
theres a few links to the LGF post on digg
http://digg.com/search?s=loose+change+chuckles
defaultdotxbe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2006, 06:40 PM   #84
MarkyX
Master Poster

To be honest, I wish they didn't post so early. Most people are viewing only part 1 and thinking that's the entire movie!
Old 2nd August 2006, 06:50 PM   #85
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

It would be nice if someone with an account at Hot Air or LGF would post a link to the LC skeptics Forum. If they think the movie got them mad, let them read a few comments over there.
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2006, 06:52 PM   #86
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Originally Posted by MarkyX View Post
To be honest, I wish they didn't post so early. Most people are viewing only part 1 and thinking that's the entire movie!
Don't worry, the rest will circulate quickly. Part 1 is enough to get people really steamed, anyway.
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2006, 06:56 PM   #87
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Originally Posted by chipmunk stew View Post
Yeah, about that post:
http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...post&p=6470604
The point I was trying to make (badly, apparently) would have been better stated: "You must think Arabs are a bunch of brown desert monkeys incapable of having their own agenda, who have to be the puppets of the evil white geniuses." (I also get this feeling when people talk about how absurd it is that a group of "Arab cave-dwellers" could have pulled off the 9/11 attacks.)

It was in response to the idea that Islamic terrorism is entirely the brainchild of Western intelligence, and that the radical Muslims involved are mere pawns, victims of the evil [insert favorite group of puppetmasters here] just like the rest of us. The reality, as most of us here recognize, is not nearly so one-sided, and the radical Islamist groups clearly used the West at least as much as the West used them.

I apologize for the use of the phrase.

edit: Would someone kindly post this over in that thread?
Whoever "Cheeseburger Picnic" is, thanks.
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2006, 07:30 PM   #88
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...4&postcount=80

Is it wrong to feel that a bit of poetic justice is in store for our Mr. Avery? For surely he is up to his neck in something that will follow him for the rest of his days.
Old 2nd August 2006, 07:35 PM   #89
aggle-rithm
Ardent Formulist

Yeah, about that post:
http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...post&p=6470604
The point I was trying to make (badly, apparently) would have been better stated: "You must think Arabs are a bunch of brown desert monkeys incapable of having their own agenda, who have to be the puppets of the evil white geniuses." (I also get this feeling when people talk about how absurd it is that a group of "Arab cave-dwellers" could have pulled off the 9/11 attacks.)
I knew what you meant here. Randi made a similar point in "Flim-Flam", where he said people believe aliens built the pyramids because there's no way the brown-skinned natives could have done it.

Woo's razor: Never attribute to stupidity that which can be adequately explained by aliens.
aggle-rithm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2006, 07:36 PM   #90
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

w00t!
Thanks, Mark. This is a really good documentary, folks. It demonstrates exactly why distracting ourselves from the threat of Islamic terrorism (by shifting the blame, for instance) is a perilous game.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...14&q=obsession

That is one powerful documentary...

Kinda scary...

Anyone know where that page on tips for downloading videos is? Was it 911myths or another site? I can't find the page...

-Andrew

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde
keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

A fan of fantasy? Check out Project Dreamforge.
gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2006, 07:44 PM   #91
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by gumboot View Post
Anyone know where that page on tips for downloading videos is? Was it 911myths or another site? I can't find the page...

-Andrew
Marky says it'll be up on Google Video soon. You can download it as one file then.

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2006, 07:45 PM   #92
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Seems the video link over at Hot Air has been removed. Not sure why. Anyone know. JamesB??
T.A.M. is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2006, 07:53 PM   #93
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

Found it...seems it has been moved to "Top Picks" section over there. Here is new link

http://hotair.com/archives/top-picks...ver-flight-93/
Old 2nd August 2006, 07:57 PM   #94
WildCat
NWO Master Conspirator

Originally Posted by T.A.M. View Post
Found it...seems it has been moved to "Top Picks" section over there. Here is new link

http://hotair.com/archives/top-picks...ver-flight-93/
Quote:
Update: You can’t have your pudding if you don’t eat your meat.
Where have I seen that before? Oh yeah... over here.
Old 2nd August 2006, 08:03 PM   #95
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
Marky says it'll be up on Google Video soon. You can download it as one file then.

No, I mean the page someone made up that tells you *how* to download videos from various formats...I don't know how to download from google...

-Andrew

gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2006, 08:14 PM   #96
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

No, I mean the page someone made up that tells you *how* to download videos from various formats...I don't know how to download from google...

-Andrew
Here you go.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2006, 08:14 PM   #97
R.Mackey
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...4&postcount=80

Is it wrong to feel that a bit of poetic justice is in store for our Mr. Avery? For surely he is up to his neck in something that will follow him for the rest of his days.
Not really. They had plenty of warning. Even issued... what, two corrections to their "documentary?"

Most people wouldn't have been given a second chance. A subject like this, so highly emotionally charged, should have invited caution and (at minimum) ethics in reporting.

Given their crassness on tape, and outbursts like Dylan's LGF tirade, I imagine they wanted it like this. A CT'er's "jihad" mentality, if you will. Well, be careful what you wish for...
R.Mackey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2006, 08:17 PM   #98
Woody-
Thinker

This is the easiest way I have found to grab videos off of Google or youtube.

http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php

If you use Firefox they have an exstension you can install so all you have to do is click a button on your browser.

PS alot of the videos you get this way are .flv format so you need a player that can handle them. I use the VLC player, you can get it here.

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
Woody- is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2006, 08:18 PM   #99
kevin
Graduate Poster

-Andrew
Google's easy, there's a drop-down on the right that lets you pick a format and a button that starts the download.

I usually download the version for iPod because that is playable in Quicktime. Not sure what the Mac/Windows format is.
kevin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2006, 08:19 PM   #100
kevin
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Woody- View Post
This is the easiest way I have found to grab videos off of Google or youtube.
Google has a button on the page you can use to download....
kevin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2006, 08:20 PM   #101
kevin
Graduate Poster

You can digg the story too, try and get it on the front page:

http://digg.com/political_opinion/Lo...ad_9_11_denier
Old 2nd August 2006, 08:23 PM   #102
Woody-
Thinker

Originally Posted by kevin View Post
Google has a button on the page you can use to download....

Yes, but they want you to install their google video player before you can view it. Also the page I linked to lets you download videos from about 20 or 30 different sites around the net, not just google.
Woody- is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2006, 08:27 PM   #103
Childlike Empress
Suspended

Originally Posted by (quoted by) T.A.M. View Post
Is it wrong to feel hate?

I’m sitting here literally shaking, my eyes welling up with tears, because I am so full of hate right now.

I wish I hadn’t listened to that.

God help me, but I hate them. I. Hate. These. People.

I have more respect for the terrorists than I do for people like this. I really do.
Insane.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2006, 08:29 PM   #104
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

Thanks everyone. I am equipping myself for future projects....

-Andrew

ETA. I have installed the firefox plugin and am downloading the google video in avi format Also have "SUPER" so I can convert any other footage I discover...

Hmmm... need to buy a new hard drive...

Last edited by gumboot; 2nd August 2006 at 08:42 PM.
Old 2nd August 2006, 08:33 PM   #105
T.A.M.
Penultimate Amazing

I know you quoted from my post CLE, but please remember, I didn't post those words, i was quoting someone else from another site, and I posted them as a "Quote" myself.
Old 2nd August 2006, 08:38 PM   #106
Childlike Empress
Suspended

Originally Posted by T.A.M. View Post
I know you quoted from my post CLE, but please remember, I didn't post those words, i was quoting someone else from another site, and I posted them as a "Quote" myself.
That's why i added (quoted by) to the Quote.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2006, 09:00 PM   #107
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
Insane.
You haven't seen the video, have you?
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2006, 09:02 PM   #108
MarkyX
Master Poster

Thanks everyone. I am equipping myself for future projects....

-Andrew

ETA. I have installed the firefox plugin and am downloading the google video in avi format Also have "SUPER" so I can convert any other footage I discover...

Hmmm... need to buy a new hard drive...
The AVI might not work with the plugin. I know what you're talking about.

If you want a really high res version, I can ask the guy who uploaded it to give it to you. He originally posted on the Protest Warrior boards on his website (very anti-islamic) and I suggested to him that if he wanted a wider audience, he should put it up Google video (is there something that I am NOT behind when pwning the truth movement )

So again, if you want really want, I can try to hook you up.
Old 2nd August 2006, 09:08 PM   #109
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Sword_Of_Truth View Post
Hey, now we call all play Chuck Sheen!
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2006, 09:15 PM   #110
Childlike Empress
Suspended

Originally Posted by Sword_Of_Truth View Post
What does this have to do with my statement? No, i haven't seen it and i will not. I know the intention and i don't like hate mongering. I really wish from my heart of hearts that none of these insane rednecks kills or injures Dylan Avery. I wish that for the self-satisfied Dylan, the self-satisfied MarkyX, your country and humanity. If i were a religious person, i would add: amen.

This is getting really ugly.
Old 2nd August 2006, 09:21 PM   #111
MarkyX
Master Poster

Dylan bought this to himself.

Don't even pretend he is an innocent victim. We didn't put a gun at his head while he was laughing at the idea of sharp knives used to hurt people or suggesting Berand Brown Senior wanted to kill his 11 year son.

If jackasses like Alex Jones can tell people that their government worships a giant owl and he runs a site called Arnold Exposed, I am allowed to do the same thing to them. Maybe it's time Dylan and his little petshop crew learn that others can abuse Freedom of Speech as well.

Last edited by MarkyX; 2nd August 2006 at 09:28 PM.
MarkyX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2006, 09:41 PM   #112
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Insane.
No, actually that seems to be a quite normal reaction. What's insane is applauding these creeps.
Old 2nd August 2006, 09:47 PM   #113
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

What does this have to do with my statement? No, i haven't seen it and i will not. I know the intention and i don't like hate mongering. I really wish from my heart of hearts that none of these insane rednecks kills or injures Dylan Avery. I wish that for the self-satisfied Dylan, the self-satisfied MarkyX, your country and humanity. If i were a religious person, i would add: amen.

You have a bit of nerve.
Old 2nd August 2006, 10:05 PM   #114
JamesB
Master Poster

You cannot kill Dylan Avery, he would just laugh in their face!
-David Ray Griffin-
Old 2nd August 2006, 10:11 PM   #115
defaultdotxbe
Drunken Shikigami

yes the world is run by a bunch of glorified frat boys

anyone else think of balls and shaft from the movie PCU?
defaultdotxbe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2006, 10:19 PM   #116
Sword_Of_Truth
Penultimate Amazing

You and I have something in common, we both hope that no actual human beings ruin thier lives for the ultimate cheap shot on Dylan.

But I'm afraid that the only person mongering hatred of Dylan Avery is Dylan Avery.

Quote:
Take that up with Dylan, he's the one who needs to grow the @#$% up.
Sword_Of_Truth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2006, 10:40 PM   #117
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

Originally Posted by MarkyX View Post
So again, if you want really want, I can try to hook you up.

Oooh, call me interested.

Yeah, it downloaded the avi from google as an html file... but a quick change of file extension fixed that.

-Andrew

Old 2nd August 2006, 10:56 PM   #118
gtc
Philosopher

Nowhere in that quote does the person who says that he hates Dylan Avery say that he wants to harm Dylan Avery.

I abhor the way you categorise someone who has a strong reaction to Loose Change as being an insane redneck. Yet I have no desire to kill or injure you.

Maybe you should watch the video and tell us what you think about Dylan Avery (and company), their beliefs and actions.
gtc is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2006, 11:32 PM   #119
R.Mackey
Philosopher

Any imagined hidden agenda aside, I actually agree with CLE here.

Avery et. al. are reprehensible, idiotic goons who accuse and slander hundreds, from figures in the public eye to grieving widows, resistant to any temperance from logic, science, or common sense, hell-bent on propagating lies of monumental infamy solely to stoke their egos and line their pockets.

Nonetheless, they are not remotely in the same league as the terrorists themselves -- the very real, tangible, barbaric terrorists that only the most deluded could pretend don't exist. The terrorists are the ones who made so many unfortunate people victims. For the terrorists, I wish nothing less than fair and humiliating trial followed by a lifetime of imprisonment, if not ignominious death on a bleak battlefield.

For Avery and company, I'm thinking a stiff lawsuit, exposure for the frauds that they are, and expulsion back to flipping burgers. But not violence.

As angry as they make us, let us not lose perspective. I suspect many of them are mentally ill and not in complete control of their actions.

ETA: Spelling. Also this refers to comments quoted from elsewhere that suggest violence, not any specific JREF members, if that was unclear.

Last edited by R.Mackey; 3rd August 2006 at 12:39 AM.
R.Mackey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2006, 12:29 AM   #120
The_Fire
Unimpressed Female

Originally Posted by Matthew Best View Post
I'm not up on this as much as many of you, but I'm almost sure I read somewhere that in one of the cell phone calls from one of the planes, some form of gas or Mace-like substance was also mentioned. No?
I recently taped a National Geographic 4-episode series on 9/11. They DID mention maze. There were also a recording of one of the highjackers, Atta (the idiot managed to hit the wrong switch when adressing the cabin and ended up broadcasting to the tower as well), claiming that they were going to return to the airport and that if everyone kept calm, it was going to be ok. In other words: The typical normal highjack scenario where "Keep Calm" were sure to keep you alive. Add to that the threat of a bomb and the sight of a passenger/stewardess (depending on which aircraft you were on) bleeding to death on the isle due to a cut throat and I would think that most people would do their utmost to keep out of these idiots way.

The only reason why flight 93, according to the series, managed to fight back, were because several passengers had been in contact with their loved ones and figured out what was happening due to a take-off delay.

What I also found interesting was that the pilot-highjackers didn't just have a cesna-certificate. They also had several hours of simulated flight on real 747 flight simulators behind them (they claimed to wanting to get a certificate) which is much better at simulating the real thing than what the average game-sim is capable of right down to the stick-feedback.
"We? That better be you and that invisible aardwarck in your pocket you are talking about, because I KNOW you are not stupid enough to open a giant can of whoop ass by claiming you know what I think."
Stop Sylvia Browne
The_Fire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories