IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
View Poll Results: For the article Supernatural
thank you 0 0%
I hope my article is reviewed 0 0%
I am waiting for your opinion, dear ones 0 0%
Hoping for your success and health 1 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7th August 2021, 06:15 AM   #81
Steve001
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by heydarian saeed View Post
Hello. Why is the $ 1 million challenge post closed? Was it because no one posted? Or did someone really find and prove the supernatural in the laboratory? Of course, I have seen such a post for almost a month. And I was eager to submit my article I wrote in 2004. Of course I have to update and edit. So it takes some time. Accept my apology. Thanks
deleted

Last edited by Steve001; 7th August 2021 at 06:21 AM. Reason: redundancy
Steve001 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2021, 06:23 AM   #82
Susheel
Master Poster

I did not test anything in the laboratory. And basically I do not have the laboratory facilities that you think. I will tell you what conditions you create to see the soul. And discover the supernatural. Also, I am not looking for markets and sales for my conversations. I have good financial means. And I do not need to sell my ideas. I feel I have a duty to present a fruitful thought.
Ok...so you lied when you said youhad laboratory tested evidence. Now, why don't you just post your entire article? Many here have told you how it can be done. I don't know about the others, but I definitely am not going to engage with your tantalizing little meaningless trailers of the "evidence that is coming soon."
Old 7th August 2021, 06:25 AM   #83
Susheel
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
Retrospectively interpreting old writings to fit recent events is easy and pointless (see the so-called prophecies of Nostradamus).

If that's all you've got you are definitely wasting your time here.
Star Trek and Simpson's done a better job at predicting recent events.
Old 7th August 2021, 08:39 AM   #84
Carrot Flower King
Graduate Poster

Is it retro-fit week around here and I missed the memo?

First we had The Traveller and his fundie "interpretation" of the stoner classic Book of Revelations and now this attempt to shoehorn what we now know into another slightly younger Middle Eastern text.

What's next? Buddha reveals the winner of the 2.30 at Haydock Park? How Thomas Aquinas actually wrote the works of Virginia Woolf? The Bhaghavad Gita really contains details of how to design and build a Porsche 911?
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2021, 09:01 AM   #85
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

Revelation. No s.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2021, 09:42 AM   #86
Scorpion
Illuminator

Originally Posted by MarkCorrigan View Post
Again, if the Quran is such a scientifically enlightened book, why does it claim that the Earth is flat and the Sun orbits the Earth?
Ha! we finally agree on something. I have written a lot of criticism of the Quran and there is a Hadith that proves it says the sun orbits the earth. Here is my writing.

The quran says the sun orbits the earth, therefore it is not from God.

When the quran says, at surah 21.33 and 36.40 and 36.38 that the sun has an orbit, Imams falsely claim this is a great revelation, because Muhammad knew the sun had an orbit in the galaxy. But the quran is actually saying the sun orbits the flat earth and is reset every dawn , and I can prove it with the following hadith.

Hadith Bukhari Volume 4, Book 54, Number 421:
Narrated Abu Dhar:

The Prophet asked me at sunset, "Do you know where the sun goes (at the time of sunset)?" I replied, "Allah and His Apostle know better." He said, "It goes (i.e. travels) till it prostrates Itself underneath the Throne and takes the permission to rise again, and it is permitted and then (a time will come when) it will be about to prostrate itself but its prostration will not be accepted, and it will ask permission to go on its course but it will not be permitted, but it will be ordered to return whence it has come and so it will rise in the west. And that is the interpretation of the Statement of Allah: "And the sun Runs its fixed course For a term (decreed). that is The Decree of (Allah) The Exalted in Might, The All-Knowing." (36.38)

As can be seen it says that if the sun changed direction it would rise in the west. But if the sun changed direction in its orbit in the galaxy it would make no difference to the sun rising in the east, because it is the rotation of the earth that causes the appearance of the sun in the east. The hadith is clearly saying the sun orbits the earth, and it is a fuller explanation of verse 36.38 in the quran.
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2021, 10:06 AM   #87
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Administrator

Hi
I did some research in the lab to prove the supernatural and I am attaching a written article Please read and comment I answered
I did not test anything in the laboratory. And basically I do not have the laboratory facilities that you think. I will tell you what conditions you create to see the soul. And discover the supernatural. Also, I am not looking for markets and sales for my conversations. I have good financial means. And I do not need to sell my ideas. I feel I have a duty to present a fruitful thought.
What to believe?
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2021, 10:09 AM   #88
P.J. Denyer
Philosopher

So, the OP is an entirely predictable disappointment.

Still, I'm going to get me some popcorn for what maybe an amusing Fundie-Fight.

"Nebulous means Nebulous" - Adam Hills
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2021, 10:40 AM   #89
sackett
Philosopher

What was that stoner classic again? The Book of Rubble Ations?

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2021, 11:34 AM   #90
P.J. Denyer
Philosopher

Originally Posted by sackett View Post
What was that stoner classic again? The Book of Rubble Ations?
Nah, that was written the sidekick in that Creationist documentary series "The Flintstones"

P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2021, 03:37 PM   #91
Warp12
Illuminator

Ok, I'm onboard. Tell me.
Old 7th August 2021, 07:05 PM   #92
Hans
Philosopher

I worked in the Middle-East for many years. This particular claim is very common and to students and Muslim faculty use to bring it up on a weekly basis.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2021, 01:33 AM   #93
heydarian saeed
Muse

Hello. I wish you good health. The Qur'an begins with science and knowledge. Isn't reading and learning joyful? In the Qur'an and the religion of Islam, everything is happiness. The principles of happiness in the Qur'an are: a positive and clear view of worldly life and the use of all blessings - caring for health - avoiding sorrow and despair - remembering God. Aren't these joys? Of course, the joy caused by pride, arrogance and drunkenness is rejected in the Qur'an and Islam. And the reason is that man becomes unconscious. And he may commit a crime. Doesn't this law have a special place in human societies?All countries care about preventing and combating corruption and crime. Happiness is right and according to the principles, there is no problem. My family and I always travel and have fun and enjoy life. And we are always happy. The Qur'an advises the family and happiness by avoiding extremism.
... Imagination and daydreaming and judgment based on suspicion have no place in the Qur'an. The Qur'an cares about existence. Recommends what is and is real. Thank you for your comments.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2021, 01:37 AM   #94
heydarian saeed
Muse

Hello dear. You have the choice. Do not worry. You will not miss anything.
heydarian saeed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2021, 01:42 AM   #95
P.J. Denyer
Philosopher

Just a reminder, when you've finished with the content free proselytising screeds, we're still waiting for some information about the

research in the lab to prove the supernatural

In your own time...

Old 8th August 2021, 01:44 AM   #96
heydarian saeed
Muse

Hello Master. Believe that everything is not just this world. You have probably heard of parallel worlds. What are parallel worlds ?! Why was science not satisfied with Einstein's four dimensions? And provided up to 12 other dimensions. And ... more dimensions !!
Old 8th August 2021, 01:47 AM   #97
heydarian saeed
Muse

Hello, thank you. My eyes, I will definitely upload the full article for you. I owe it to myself to check my friends' opinions and be as accountable as I can. It takes time because of that.
Old 8th August 2021, 01:51 AM   #98
heydarian saeed
Muse

I'm glad to meet you. I am proud to have been to the Middle East. And you had time with a Muslim. You may not have seen this article.
Old 8th August 2021, 01:54 AM   #99
heydarian saeed
Muse

Continued introduction; I study and research in this regard because of my interest in scientific topics, especially about space, the sky, and medicine.
I invite you to come to the laboratory of the whole world! Yes, the whole universe is a laboratory. That everything was created for experimentation. And everything in nature and matter is interacting and moving towards evolution. And matter can be a sign of transcendental proof.
Old 8th August 2021, 01:55 AM   #100
heydarian saeed
Muse

The way to prove the supernatural is by using nature itself. Nature is a sign that we can transcend through rational and abstract analogy and inference. There are many cases in which man has no justification for its existence from nature. The "human mind" has a speed beyond light. And it takes time and space. Is it made of nature? How? How does science define it? What about "sleep"? We dream of the past or the future. Or we fly. And has no place and time. What is the scientific justification that sleep is of nature?
Old 8th August 2021, 01:55 AM   #101
steenkh
Philosopher

Hello Master. Believe that everything is not just this world. You have probably heard of parallel worlds. What are parallel worlds ?!
Parallel worlds are science fiction. They do not actually exist, in the sense that there is not a shred of evidence that they exist.

Quote:
Why was science not satisfied with Einstein's four dimensions? And provided up to 12 other dimensions. And ... more dimensions !!
The proposed other dimensions are not parallel worlds, and they are proposed to solve actual physical problems.

--
Jack of all trades - master of none!
steenkh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2021, 01:56 AM   #102
heydarian saeed
Muse

Even medical science does not know sleep through the interactions of the nervous system and neurons and has no definition for it. Is human knowledge and perception of matter? How does experimental science define it? There is no doubt about the existence of the "soul". Is the soul of nature?
Old 8th August 2021, 01:58 AM   #103
heydarian saeed
Muse

Now that I'm talking to you, I'm asking you to review together some of the scientific material that is relevant to the subject of supernatural proof. Then I will prove it to you through new and up-to-date science.
Old 8th August 2021, 02:12 AM   #104
steenkh
Philosopher

The way to prove the supernatural is by using nature itself. Nature is a sign that we can transcend through rational and abstract analogy and inference.
Meaningless words. In what way is nature a sign of this transcension?

Quote:
There are many cases in which man has no justification for its existence from nature.
Philosophy. Physics does deal with “justification”.

[quote]The "human mind" has a speed beyond light.[quote]
Obvious nonsense. Humans cannot compete with computers in speed, and computers do not compute at the speed of light (electrons have mass).

Quote:
And it takes time and space. Is it made of nature? How? How does science define it?
Is this a “god in the gaps” argument? If science cannot currently explain something, it must be a god who did it?

Actually, physicists are fairly convinced that no new physics are necessary to explain “minds”. It is the details that are missing.

Quote:
What about "sleep"? We dream of the past or the future. Or we fly. And has no place and time. What is the scientific justification that sleep is of nature?
I can think of something that doesn’t exist. Is that proof that my mind is supernatural? Likewise, I can dream of a past that did not exist, and I can dream of futures that will never happen.

When you can show that the mind actually can dream of something that will happen, or it it can dream of something real in the past that it could not know, and it is all not a coincidence, then you can come back.

--
steenkh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2021, 02:14 AM   #105
steenkh
Philosopher

Now that I'm talking to you, I'm asking you to review together some of the scientific material that is relevant to the subject of supernatural proof. Then I will prove it to you through new and up-to-date science.

Bring the material. So far you have only given us promises. And the promise of lab tests has already shown to be an empty promise.

--
Old 8th August 2021, 02:14 AM   #106
P.J. Denyer
Philosopher

I'd suggest a thread clean up, but I don't think there's a single on topic post (except possibly steenkh's) in the entire thread.

Old 8th August 2021, 02:17 AM   #107
steenkh
Philosopher

There is no doubt about the existence of the "soul".
That is news to me. I doubt very much that I have a soul. At least I have never seen the slightest hint of evidence for such a thing.

--
Old 8th August 2021, 02:23 AM   #108
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

The only thing that's relevant to the subject of supernatural proof is objective evidence of the supernatural.

And please learn how to use the quote button. Just tap the 'quote' button of the post you want to reply to (it's in the bottom right hand corner), and type your response under the quote.
Old 8th August 2021, 02:51 AM   #109
Carrot Flower King
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by P.J. Denyer View Post
I'd suggest a thread clean up, but I don't think there's a single on topic post (except possibly steenkh's) in the entire thread.
Maybe because it's a tad difficult to tell what the actual topic is...
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2021, 02:54 AM   #110
P.J. Denyer
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Carrot Flower King View Post
Maybe because it's a tad difficult to tell what the actual topic is...
I'll go with-:

research in the lab to prove the supernatural

None has been provided yet, nor do I believe any will be forthcoming.

Old 8th August 2021, 04:39 AM   #111
Scorpion
Illuminator

Hello. I wish you good health. The Qur'an begins with science and knowledge. Isn't reading and learning joyful? In the Qur'an and the religion of Islam, everything is happiness. The principles of happiness in the Qur'an are: a positive and clear view of worldly life and the use of all blessings - caring for health - avoiding sorrow and despair - remembering God. Aren't these joys? Of course, the joy caused by pride, arrogance and drunkenness is rejected in the Qur'an and Islam. And the reason is that man becomes unconscious. And he may commit a crime. Doesn't this law have a special place in human societies?All countries care about preventing and combating corruption and crime. Happiness is right and according to the principles, there is no problem. My family and I always travel and have fun and enjoy life. And we are always happy. The Qur'an advises the family and happiness by avoiding extremism.
... Imagination and daydreaming and judgment based on suspicion have no place in the Qur'an. The Qur'an cares about existence. Recommends what is and is real. Thank you for your comments.
Everything is happiness in the Quran unless you are an unbeliever.

In which case you will be dragged through boiling liquid in chains and into hellfire. Where your skin will be burnt off and renewed and burnt off again for all eternity. Surah's 4.56 and 22.19 to 22.22 and 40.72

Do you care what happens to unbelievers ?

As for crime, the Quran says cut off the hands of a thief. Surah 5.38
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2021, 07:42 AM   #112
Nowhere Man
Critical Thinker

Given that my religion is Islam, I used the Quran, which is a documentary. And my method of reasoning is to use the verses of this book to examine the experiences of scientists in the field of astronomy, space and medicine in this regard.
I concluded at the end of the article to prove the existence of the supernatural.
Consider this: Qur'anic scientific foreknowledge

Also, please use the quote function so readers can know who you are responding to.

Fred

"For shame, gentlemen, pack your evidence a little better against another time."
-- John Dryden, "The Vindication of The Duke of Guise" 1684
Nowhere Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2021, 10:06 AM   #113
Steve001
Graduate Poster

I have to say, you certainly are ignorant to whom you are addressing in this forum
Steve001 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2021, 10:56 AM   #114
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

heydarian saeed, you claimed to have a proof of the supernatural and we are waiting for the proof. Anything less will be viewed as stalling or making excuses. You need to deliver, without discussion or homework assignments first. Time to pony up, brah.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2021, 01:53 PM   #115
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

There is no doubt about the existence of the "soul".
You are mistaken. There is very considerable doubt about the existence of the "soul". There is very widespread belief that no such thing exists.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2021, 12:48 AM   #116
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

This is sad, really. Because Arabic study many centuries ago brought us many great advances in human knowledge, most of which were not predicted or described in the Qur'an. And then the Muslim world turned away from science.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catego...slamic_science
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2021, 04:08 AM   #117
Bubba
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
When I read the Qu'ran a few years ago I was surprised, and very disappointed, to discover that it consisted almost entirely of rants about nonbelievers, and how important it was for believers to have nothing to do with them, interspersed with bits of the Bible. I had assumed it would contain at least a few uplifting verses, but I could nothing informative or valuable in it at all.

This attempt to relate the vaguest of statements in it to recent scientific discoveries by gold medal worthy feats of mental gymnastics seems to me to be about as pathetic as it's possible to get.

Thnx for saving me the time I might've spent reading it. Actually not hardly.
Everything I read, see, and hear about it reeks.

Bronze age cult.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2021, 04:11 AM   #118
Bubba
Philosopher

On the other hand, a cross country friend consistently knows what vegetable I am eating or what color I am painting, and her family says she has always done it.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2021, 04:18 AM   #119
Bubba
Philosopher

Flush the Quran, please.
Old 9th August 2021, 04:26 AM   #120
Susheel
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Thnx for saving me the time I might've spent reading it. Actually not hardly.
Everything I read, see, and hear about it reeks.

Bronze age cult.
Islam did not develop in the bronze age.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy