IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 14th September 2021, 02:53 AM   #321
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Da-da-dum, dum, dum...

Another one bites the dust!

https://www.chicagotribune.com/colum...gtm-story.html
"Veronica Wolski was a believer in the deeply unhinged QAnon conspiracy theory. When it came to COVID-19, she was anti-vaccine and anti-mask, at one point standing on a pedestrian bridge over the Kennedy Expressway with a sign that read “Ax the vax.” She became a darling in the dark fringes of the internet for believing ivermectin, a drug used to treat parasitic worms, was a COVID-19 cure-all.

Wolski is now dead. She died early Monday in AMITA Health Resurrection Medical Center’s ICU from pneumonia due to COVID-19 infection with hypothyroidism as a contributing factor, according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office.

As Americans lose patience with, and sympathy for, COVID-19 vaccine conspiracists, some will write off Wolski’s death from the virus with a shrug and an offhand remark: Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."
I know some people will think me harsh, but I say good riddance. She was one of the chief agitators spreading anti-vax lies. With her dead and buried, her big mouth is permanently closed - she can no longer spread any more of her disgusting bile!
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!

Last edited by smartcooky; 14th September 2021 at 03:02 AM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2021, 03:00 AM   #322
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

And another one gone and another one gone

https://www.timesofisrael.com/defian...dies-of-covid/
"Defiant to the end, prominent anti-vaxx activist dies of COVID
In final post, Hai Shoulian rails against vaccination and virus restrictions, claims police tried to poison him: ‘This is an attempt to wipe me out’"
If you don't like my posts, opinions, or directness then put me on your ignore list. This will benefit both of us; you won't have to take umbrage at my posts, and I won't have to waste time talking to you... simples!

Last edited by smartcooky; 14th September 2021 at 03:11 AM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2021, 03:12 AM   #323
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post

https://www.chicagotribune.com/colum...gtm-story.html
"Veronica Wolski was a believer in the deeply unhinged QAnon conspiracy theory. When it came to COVID-19, she was anti-vaccine and anti-mask, at one point standing on a pedestrian bridge over the Kennedy Expressway with a sign that read “Ax the vax.” She became a darling in the dark fringes of the internet for believing ivermectin, a drug used to treat parasitic worms, was a COVID-19 cure-all.

Wolski is now dead. She died early Monday in AMITA Health Resurrection Medical Center’s ICU from pneumonia due to COVID-19 infection with hypothyroidism as a contributing factor, according to the Cook County medical examiner’s office.

As Americans lose patience with, and sympathy for, COVID-19 vaccine conspiracists, some will write off Wolski’s death from the virus with a shrug and an offhand remark: Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."
I know some people will think me harsh, but I say good riddance. She was one of the chief agitators spreading anti-vax lies. With her dead and buried, her big mouth is permanently closed - she can no longer spread any more of her disgusting bile!
Ah, but anti-vaxxers insist that she did not die as a result of her decision not to be vaccinated but because of her pre-existing condition (hypothyroidism) and because she was denied sufficient Ivermectin while in hospital.

Quote:
The QAnon followers who embraced her flooded the hospital with calls demanding Wolski be given ivermectin. They labeled people at the hospital — doctors and nurses who have spent the past year and a half saving lives on the front lines of this pandemic — murderers, and claimed Wolski was a victim of “medical tyranny.” They leveled threats.
Quote:
The harassment was ginned up by high-profile national QAnon profiteers like former Donald Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn and disgraced pro-Trump lawyer Lin Wood. They didn’t see Wolski as a human being. They saw her as a patsy who could help them keep their followers riled up, an easy mark to elevate their perverse brands.

Wood announced Wolski’s death on his Telegram account, which has about 815,000 subscribers, and wrote: “Now on Earth, it is our responsibility to ensure that these medical murders stop NOW and the perpetrators be brought to justice.”
The Don is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2021, 03:12 AM   #324
Susheel
Master Poster

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Not surprised. People who know Stern have always said he was a totally different person in private;that the Howard Stern persona on his show was pretty much shtick.
I have seen quite few of his interviews and he actually comes out as a very intelligent guy.
Old 14th September 2021, 03:15 AM   #325
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
Ah, but anti-vaxxers insist that she did not die as a result of her decision not to be vaccinated but because of her pre-existing condition (hypothyroidism) and because she was denied sufficient Ivermectin while in hospital.

Yeah, the hardened CTs might not be persuaded, but if the deaths of these morons gives just a few on the cusp pause, and they change their minds because of it, then its win-win.
Old 14th September 2021, 04:18 AM   #326
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Conservative radio host that used to have a segment mocking AIDS deaths with "Another one bites the dust" theme dies of covid.

Quote:
Bob Enyart, a notoriously homophobic right-wing radio host who refused to get vaccinated against the coronavirus, has died of COVID-19.

As Denver’s Westword noted: “He would gleefully read obituaries of AIDS sufferers while cranking ‘Another One Bites the Dust’ by Queen, whose lead singer, Freddie Mercury, succumbed to the malady.”

Enyart’s wife, Cheryl, is also sick with what his website calls “severe Covid 19 conditions.”
https://news.yahoo.com/wing-anti-vax...032856886.html

Someone of religious convictions might see this as divine retribution.
Old 14th September 2021, 04:42 AM   #327
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Conservative radio host that used to have a segment mocking AIDS deaths with "Another one bites the dust" theme dies of covid.

https://news.yahoo.com/wing-anti-vax...032856886.html

Someone of religious convictions might see this as divine retribution.

I would love to be able to claim that this is who I was thinking of when I titled posts 321 and 322... but that would be lying.

Great (but flukey) timing though
Old 14th September 2021, 05:22 AM   #328
SteveAitch
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Howard Stern plays chess? I did not see that coming.
Yeah, I wouldn't have picked him as a photographer either
A bit late, but from howardstern.com, it would appear he doesn't either...

Quote:
Howard said he’d rather take pictures of people but hated both approaching people and the ratio of quality photos to bad ones: “I hate it, my new hobby…I don’t even like taking pictures. I look at life and say to myself, ‘Why do I need a picture of that?'”

But he’ll keep it up, if only to satisfy his investment: “I’m about five grand in.”

Some people call me 'strange'. I prefer 'unconventional'. But I'm willing to compromise and accept 'eccentric'...
SteveAitch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2021, 05:46 AM   #329
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Susheel View Post
I have seen quite few of his interviews and he actually comes out as a very intelligent guy.
Agreed.
Old 14th September 2021, 06:38 AM   #330
ZirconBlue
Sole Survivor of L-Town

How long will she stay dead?
The numbers look the same on their credit cards.
ZirconBlue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2021, 07:43 AM   #331
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by ZirconBlue View Post
How long will she stay dead?
She'll catch up with Francisco Franco eventually.

I used to think that Republicans were just jerks. Now I'm convinced that they're all sick, evil, twisted pieces of [first of George Carlin's seven dirty words].

"Biden's a Commie, like the Rockefellers!" -- some idiot overheard
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2021, 09:05 AM   #332
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
She'll catch up with Francisco Franco eventually.
What!!!!!????!!!! Is he still dead??
Old 14th September 2021, 10:49 AM   #333
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

The parents of 6, including a 7 months gestation newborn taken by C-section, have died of Covid. They were both 'planning on getting vaccinated' but wanted to know more first. Now their six kids are being raised by their grandmother.

For those who are "planning" on getting vaccinated: stop procrastinating and giving excuses about how you need more info about long term side effects (there aren't any!) or how you're practically a hermit (no one has NO contact with others unless you live in a remote area with no neighbors for miles and are fully self-sufficient). Get vaccinated NOW.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2021, 10:59 AM   #334
shemp

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
The parents of 6, including a 7 months gestation newborn taken by C-section, have died of Covid. They were both 'planning on getting vaccinated' but wanted to know more first. Now their six kids are being raised by their grandmother.

For those who are "planning" on getting vaccinated: stop procrastinating and giving excuses about how you need more info about long term side effects (there aren't any!) or how you're practically a hermit (no one has NO contact with others unless you live in a remote area with no neighbors for miles and are fully self-sufficient). Get vaccinated NOW.
How much does one need to know. With most of them, even if you present all the facts, they will insist they need more "research" and will laugh at you "libtard."

I used to think that Republicans were just jerks. Now I'm convinced that they're all sick, evil, twisted pieces of [first of George Carlin's seven dirty words].

shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2021, 11:16 AM   #335
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

How much does one need to know. With most of them, even if you present all the facts, they will insist they need more "research" and will laugh at you "libtard."
Like I said, 'excuses'. Because that's what they are. Excuses.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2021, 11:30 AM   #336
carlitos
"más divertido"

Like I said, 'excuses'. Because that's what they are. Excuses.
I heard an interview with a journalist who recently re-contacted folks who had previously told him they were "waiting for full FDA approval" before getting vaccinated. Now that it's fully approved, all but one of them said that they still weren't getting the vaccine, but a few were considering Ivermectin.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2021, 11:48 AM   #337
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
I heard an interview with a journalist who recently re-contacted folks who had previously told him they were "waiting for full FDA approval" before getting vaccinated. Now that it's fully approved, all but one of them said that they still weren't getting the vaccine, but a few were considering Ivermectin.
Again, ******** yourself to own the libs.

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2021, 02:58 PM   #338
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post

Lin also shared a video of himself on social media where he called up the hospital, identified himself as an attorney, and claimed that her medical staff would be charged with murder if they did not release her from the hospital to receive the anti-parasite drug.
Fortunately hospitals are well aware that any claim such as this has to be accompanied by a written power of attorney.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2021, 11:06 PM   #339
Susheel
Master Poster

Hasn't his license been suspended? Isn't he therefore committing a crime here?
Old 14th September 2021, 11:09 PM   #340
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Did you mean to respond to Suburban Turkey?
Old 14th September 2021, 11:12 PM   #341
Susheel
Master Poster

Did you mean to respond to Suburban Turkey?
Oh yeah...sorry
Old 14th September 2021, 11:16 PM   #342
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

So the "full FDA approval" thing was just their latest excuse for being cray-cray vaccine denialists. With that excuse gone, they will simply move on to the next excuse readily enough. There's a whole string of unused excuses yet to go. They don't have to be credible, there just have to be a lot of them.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th September 2021, 11:18 PM   #343
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

The judge in the Detroit case refereed him for a disciplinary investigation. His issues with the Georgia state bar are still pending.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2021, 12:07 PM   #344
zorro99
Graduate Poster

Conservative radio host who swore off Covid-19 vaccine dies after contracting virus, co-host says

Brother of Covid-19 vaccine skeptic: He regrets his stance

(CNN Business) — Conservative radio host Pastor Robert "Bob" Enyart, who swore off Covid-19 vaccines, has died from complications due to the virus, his co-host announced on social media Monday.

"It comes with an extremely heavy heart that my close friend and co-host of Real Science Radio has lost his battle with Covid," said co-host Fred Williams on Facebook.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/14/media...TnyKaXuBWP5DsI
Old 16th September 2021, 04:55 PM   #345
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by zorro99 View Post
Conservative radio host who swore off Covid-19 vaccine dies after contracting virus, co-host says

Brother of Covid-19 vaccine skeptic: He regrets his stance

(CNN Business) — Conservative radio host Pastor Robert "Bob" Enyart, who swore off Covid-19 vaccines, has died from complications due to the virus, his co-host announced on social media Monday.

"It comes with an extremely heavy heart that my close friend and co-host of Real Science Radio has lost his battle with Covid," said co-host Fred Williams on Facebook.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/14/media...TnyKaXuBWP5DsI
Quote:
"Bob Enyart was one of the smartest, and without question the wisest person I've known," said [cohost] Williams.
Man, you must not know very many people, or you mix with total dummies.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th September 2021, 05:50 PM   #346
MarkCorrigan
Winter is Coming

Real Science Radio. How ironic.

When I give food to the poor they call me a saint, when I ask why the poor have no food they call me a communist - Hélder Câmara
MarkCorrigan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2021, 03:24 AM   #347
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Only Christian Science is RealTM science.
Old 17th September 2021, 04:58 AM   #348
zorro99
Graduate Poster

Far right Republican Laura Loomer has a bad case of COVID and says she is “in so much pain.” This post from December is a reminder that you should be careful what you wish for…

https://mobile.twitter.com/MeidasTou...73812241846274
Old 17th September 2021, 06:31 AM   #349
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

To coin a phrase, Laura Loomer is a real loon. She's a Project Veritas alumnae. Project Veritas has been described as, "a right-wing flak mill that, using media, has set out to professionally damage people and organizations across almost a decade." Among her stunts was-
  • Secretly videotaped a meeting with Florida's Barry University officials while Loomer was a broadcast journalism undergrad at the school. Loomer pretended to be part of a group of students organizing a group called, "Sympathetic Students in Support of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria." The whole thing was a hoax but Loomer hoped to use the officials' reaction to smear them. School officials asked that the club change the name to "Students in Support of the Middle East." Video of the meeting was released to the public and Loomer attacked the university officials for being 'unfazed' by the idea of an on-campus organization to support ISIS.
  • In 2016 she secretly videotaped a meeting with Hillary Clinton campaign staff in Iowa. Loomer offered to make what would have clearly been an illegal campaign donation with the hope the Clinton staff would accept it and her secret video could be released to the public. Except Clinton staff turned it down.

In 2020 Loomer ran as the Republican candidate for Florida's 21st Congressional District -- the area around Palm Beach -- but lost. Loomer lost by twenty points but still managed to garner almost forty percent of the votes cast.

Her attitude towards Covid-19 has undergone a dramatic change. See below. [Click to enlarge]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hard to believe.jpg (80.5 KB, 54 views)

Last edited by newyorkguy; 17th September 2021 at 06:33 AM.
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2021, 07:23 AM   #350
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by zorro99 View Post
Far right Republican Laura Loomer has a bad case of COVID and says she is “in so much pain.” This post from December is a reminder that you should be careful what you wish for…

https://mobile.twitter.com/MeidasTou...73812241846274
Last week, Alex Jones said that he had Covid and it felt like a gorilla was sitting on his chest. Both Loomer and Jones told their stories after Joe Rogan got a bunch of attention.

In short - I don't even believe her. If she dies and they autopsy her, maybe I'll reconsider.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2021, 07:39 AM   #351
shemp

Yeah, she's the kind of POS who would pull a stunt like that. Wake me up if she dies.

Old 17th September 2021, 07:55 AM   #352
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Yeah, she's the kind of POS who would pull a stunt like that...
I don't understand why she would claim to have a severe case of coronavirus after spending the past two years saying it was the "biggest hoax of our lives." What is the strategy here? I presume that sometimes she can be honest.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Loomer and pal.jpg (125.2 KB, 14 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2021, 08:00 AM   #353
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
What is the strategy here? (
Malignant_narcissismWP
Old 17th September 2021, 12:12 PM   #354
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Loomer is nothing but a bald-face grifter.

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2021, 12:56 PM   #355
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Last week, Alex Jones said that he had Covid and it felt like a gorilla was sitting on his chest. Both Loomer and Jones told their stories after Joe Rogan got a bunch of attention.

In short - I don't even believe her. If she dies and they autopsy her, maybe I'll reconsider.
Why wait? Autopsy her now.
Old 17th September 2021, 01:18 PM   #356
Armitage72
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Again, ******** yourself to own the libs.

Literally, in some cases.

Quote:
In mid-September 2021, Snopes became aware of the above-displayed tweet purportedly showing a Facebook thread where users discussed soaking tampons with the anti-parasitic drug ivermectin — the medication that people against COVID-19 vaccinations have falsely promoted as a “miracle” solution for preventing or treating the disease.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th September 2021, 01:19 PM   #357
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

NVM

Dr. Brytney Cobia

Last edited by Resume; 17th September 2021 at 01:56 PM.
Old 17th September 2021, 02:56 PM   #358
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Loomer is nothing but a bald-face grifter.
I couldn't decide if her meltdown about being banned from Twitter was performance art or genuine mental disturbance.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 17th September 2021, 04:38 PM   #359
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Why wait? Autopsy her now.
Old 17th September 2021, 04:40 PM   #360
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
Literally, in some cases.

Quote:
In mid-September 2021, Snopes became aware of the above-displayed tweet purportedly showing a Facebook thread where users discussed soaking tampons with the anti-parasitic drug ivermectin — the medication that people against COVID-19 vaccinations have falsely promoted as a “miracle” solution for preventing or treating the disease.
Super or slender?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics