IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , Coronavirus conspiracies , diseases , medical conspiracies

Old 29th September 2021, 10:14 AM   #121
carlitos
"más divertido"

It's not right for September 15, 2020 either. Global cases back then were around 30 million, so (30M cases / 7.8B population) = around 0.38%, not 0.17%. 0.17% of the world had covid all the way back in mid-summer of 2020.

I have no idea what those figures could be from. Probably some disinformation agent coupled with incompetent and/or intentional mis-reading of statistics.

Last edited by carlitos; 29th September 2021 at 10:17 AM. Reason: fixed math - mixed up October and September
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th September 2021, 10:22 AM   #122
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
It's not right for September 15, 2020 either. Global cases back then were around 30 million, so (30M cases / 7.8B population) = around 0.38%, not 0.17%. 0.17% of the world had covid all the way back in mid-summer of 2020.

I have no idea what those figures could be from. Probably some disinformation agent coupled with incompetent and/or intentional mis-reading of statistics.
You neglect the pulled from ass scenario, though given the posting history of this interlocutor, there's no telling, other than it's wrong.

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2021, 11:17 AM   #123
Bubba
Philosopher

Those "injectees" not yet deemed fully vaccinated

IIRC, the internet's assertion I alluded to, (which you replied to) was that within the post-jab window of about two weeks, deaths of 'injectees' not yet deemed fully vaccinated, are recorded as deaths of unvaccinated people.

Therein lies the question(s).....how many deaths are caused by vaccine injections, and how can that number be reliably calculated by a voluntary reporting system.? This is a growing question, according to the internet, of course.

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
It takes about two weeks for a vaccination to fully take effect, yes. This is very common knowledge.

Possible side effects from vaccination are obviously tracked and counted from the moment of vaccination, not from the moment the vaccination becomes fully effective.

Quote:
Aridas said:

As has been noted before, vaccines basically help your immune system prepare to fight off their target, helping them save the time it takes them to build the infrastructure that they need to effectively fight a pathogen by letting them start make it before actually encountering the pathogen that needs guarded against. Roughly two weeks after the second dose is what's been found to be when immunity reaches the stated efficacy for the main 2 dose covid vaccines and is when one officially counts as fully vaccinated. "Officially vaccinated" is a much more vague term that could refer to a number of different official categories - which also leaves it ripe for misrepresentation by those motivated to do so.

Originally Posted by Planigale View Post
As others have said the 2 week is how long it takes for immunity to develop. Vaccine associated adverse events are recorded from the moment the needle hits the skin.

In the UK anyone can notify a side effect.

https://coronavirus-yellowcard.mhra.gov.uk

If there was a death that was thought to be attributable to vaccine then this would result in a court case automatically. All deaths due to a vaccine side effect are notified to the coroner (fiscal in Scotland) and result in a court hearing. Below reporting of a case. This is a legal requirement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-58330796

All cases of thrombotic reactions to vaccines are being reviewed in detail. As are myocarditis events.

Related....Someone asked this question, associating their question with the link below:

Quote:
If this is legit....How can our appointed health care directors continue to ignore this?

Quote:
As the Brigade Surgeon for the 1st Aviation Brigade Ft. Rucker, Alabama, THERESA MARIE LONG, MD, MPH, FS LTC, MEDICAL CORPS, U.S. Army, is responsible for certifying the health, mental and physical ability, and readiness for nearly 4,000 individuals on flight status. Dr. Long has concerns which also apply to anyone vaccinated with the products she writes about.

https://ussanews.com/News1/2021/09/2...ction-order-b/

Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2021, 01:16 PM   #124
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Yet another study demonstrating the efficacy of masking against COVID-19, and illustrating the cement-headedness of anti-maskers.

Quote:
A large, randomized trial led by researchers at Stanford Medicine and Yale University has found that wearing a surgical face mask over the mouth and nose is an effective way to reduce the occurrence of COVID-19 in community settings.

“We now have evidence from a randomized, controlled trial that mask promotion increases the use of face coverings and prevents the spread of COVID-19,” said Stephen Luby, MD, professor of medicine at Stanford. “This is the gold standard for evaluating public health interventions. Importantly, this approach was designed be scalable in lower- and middle-income countries struggling to get or distribute vaccines against the virus.”

Luby shares senior authorship with Ahmed Mushfiq Mobarak, PhD, professor of economics at Yale, of a paper describing the research. The lead authors are Ashley Styczynski, MD, MPH, an infectious disease fellow at Stanford; Jason Abaluck, PhD, professor of economics at Yale; and Laura Kwong, PhD, a former postdoctoral scholar at Stanford who is now an assistant professor of environmental health sciences at the University of California-Berkeley.

Dr. Brytney Cobia

Last edited by Resume; 30th September 2021 at 01:19 PM.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2021, 02:30 PM   #125
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

The reports of COVID vaccine deaths are greatly exaggerated.

Quote:
“COVID-19 Vaccine-Related Fatalities Exceed 6,000.”

“6,000% Increase in Reported Vaccine Deaths 1st Quarter 2021 Compared to 1st Quarter 2020.”

No matter your vaccination status or your feelings about getting the shot, those headlines likely give you pause. Can those numbers be right?

These and similar shocking claims are the latest examples of COVID-19 vaccine misinformation. And as with most misinformation, these statements get traction because they start with a kernel of truth — in this case raw data from a reputable source.

Since December 2020, more than 350 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered in the U.S., and VAERS has received 6,968 reports of death (0.0019%), according to the CDC. (Numbers as of Aug. 26, 2021.)

However, that statistic offers no insight into the cause of death for those people. If a 90-year-old nursing home resident got the vaccine and then died days, weeks or even months later of another ailment, the resident’s death would be reported to VAERS.
Correlation vs causation, something the underinformed do not understand.

Quote:
Opponents of vaccination use the VAERS numbers in statements that suggest cause-and-effect conclusions. This misinformation then influences some people not to be vaccinated.

In this case, the numbers are correct, but the presumed conclusions are not.

Stevan Whitt, MD, an infectious disease doctor and chief clinical officer at MU Health Care, gets questions about these claims regularly, and he wants people to have the right information.

“This intentional misrepresentation is a powerful tactic to sow confusion among large groups of people,” Whitt said.

Meanwhile, what we do know for sure is that more than 38 million U.S. residents have been infected and 600,000 have died from COVID-19, and the vaccine is one of the best tools to slow the spread of the virus and save lives.
These anti-vax misinformation cement-heads are real pricks.

There is good news however.

Quote:
45.2% of the world population has received at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine.
6.24 billion doses have been administered globally, and 28.8 million are now administered each day.
Over 6 billion doses; that's something, but we need to do better.

Quote:
Only 2.3% of people in low-income countries have received at least one dose.
Hopefully we can overcome this hurdle.

Dr. Brytney Cobia

Last edited by Resume; 30th September 2021 at 02:32 PM.
Old 30th September 2021, 07:26 PM   #126
The Traveler
Suspended

This is what has been found in the vaccine. It is becoming obvious that the vaccine was not made for the covid but the covid was released as an excuse to get the vaccine into everyone.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/rwbkrULw8679/
The Traveler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2021, 07:34 PM   #127
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
This is what has been found in the vaccine. It is becoming obvious that the vaccine was not made for the covid but the covid was released as an excuse to get the vaccine into everyone.

Nope.

Anti-vax is cement-headed stupidity.

Dr. Brytney Cobia

Last edited by Resume; 30th September 2021 at 07:56 PM.
Old 30th September 2021, 08:17 PM   #128
gypsyjackson
Graduate Poster

Please could you do a little summary of what the video says and who it is by?
gypsyjackson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2021, 08:19 PM   #129
Bubba
Philosopher

It was always about universal vaccination.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2021, 08:26 PM   #130
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post

Would that be so, but cement-headed anti-vaxxers are continuing to push dangerous, false CTs, ensuring endless COVID variants and beyond.

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Old 30th September 2021, 08:39 PM   #131
marting
Master Poster

Originally Posted by gypsyjackson View Post
It's quite entertaining.

Here's a quick summary. A Dr. Carrie Madej got a sample of mRNA vaccine from some lab person that called her to come look what they found. It was put on a slide and looked at with a 400x microscope. Over time it changed colors which she asserted was because white light was interacting with a superconductor. Further, something with tentacles lifted itself off the edge of the slide and she sensed that it was aware of her. Also various nanoparticles were assembling themselves to create some artificial thingy.

You have to see it to believe it. Well, more specifically, that anyone with any science knowledge or even common sense could say what Carrie said with a straight face.
Old 30th September 2021, 08:47 PM   #132
Bubba
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Nope.

Anti-vax is cement-headed stupidity.

Trusting proven liars is worse than cement-headed stupidity.
Old 30th September 2021, 08:51 PM   #133
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Trusting proven liars is worse than cement-headed stupidity.
Yes, that is why no one trusts anything you post.

Anti-vax is cement-headed stupidity that is proven out every day.

Here, look at all the cement-heads that died because of their credulity.

Credules that bought into the misinformation; these two sure owned the libs.

Quote:
James and Carol Surratt, 67,64, Cartersville, GA, anti-vaxxers, died with 48 hours of each other.
According to this obituary and this story James and Carol passed around August 25, 2021 within 48 hours of each other. We're they anti-vaxxers? Not entirely sure, but they weren't vaccinated and they definitely thought there was a conspiracy behind it it all.
Anti-vax killed them. They are dead, the are no more, their family will no longer have them in their lives because they bought into the dangerous misinformation of anti-vax. Kay Ivey, Governor of Alabama said that the unvaccinated were to blame for the surge in her state, but I'm sure she'd agree that anti-vaxxers with their poisonous lies are equally to blame. I see anti-vaxxers are being removed from YouTube because of the filth they spew; would it be we could remove them from everywhere.

Dr. Brytney Cobia

Last edited by Resume; 30th September 2021 at 09:19 PM.
Old 30th September 2021, 09:20 PM   #134
Bubba
Philosopher

Quote:
How many times have we seen people bragging about their name-brand COVID vaccines on social media? We overhear them at restaurants, sporting events, and in the supermarket throwing around the names of pharmaceutical companies with pride. The sheer and utter joy that people get from praising Big Pharma is a little surprising.

One example of why trusting them is cement-headed stupidity:

Quote:

Last edited by Bubba; 30th September 2021 at 09:31 PM.
Old 30th September 2021, 09:23 PM   #135
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

If you are trying to say that doctors would like to reduce the number of avoidable deaths and maybe even eradicate diseases...

.. you might be right!
Old 30th September 2021, 09:26 PM   #136
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

How many times . . .
Will you be wrong? Lots and lots.

Take the proven (Over and over and over) vaccine CTers; don't be a cement-head and die like those folks in post #133, don't listen to the anti-vaxxers filthy lies.

Dr. Brytney Cobia

Last edited by Resume; 30th September 2021 at 09:32 PM.
Old 30th September 2021, 09:30 PM   #137
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

The sheer and utter joy that people get from praising Big Pharma is a little surprising.
Surprised at the joy that comes from availing one's self of a proven, life saving, science-based vaccine? How stupid.

ETA: I'm sure there's a big pharma CT thread around here somewhere; this is a COVID CT thread.

ETA II: I mean, surprised that people are joyful about modern, life-saving medicine? What kind of backwards, anti-social thinking is that?

"Godamnit, gimme more smallpox. **** science! Freedumb!!"

Dr. Brytney Cobia

Last edited by Resume; 30th September 2021 at 09:49 PM.
Old 30th September 2021, 09:49 PM   #138
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

One example of why trusting them is cement-headed stupidity:
Perhaps you don't realize it, but treating those two situations as the same is cement-headed stupidity.

Big business should not be trusted to do the right thing over making profits without question? Duh. The reason why they've been able to become big business in the first place is generally because they're providing praiseworthy/useful services, though. That should also be a duh, but some people willfully blind themselves for the sake of their preferred narratives.

Last edited by Aridas; 30th September 2021 at 09:53 PM.
Aridas is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th September 2021, 10:00 PM   #139
Bubba
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
Perhaps you don't realize it, but treating those two situations as the same is cement-headed stupidity.

Big business should not be trusted to do the right thing over making profits without question? Duh. The reason why they've been able to become big business in the first place is generally because they're providing praiseworthy/useful services, though. That should also be a duh, but some people willfully blind themselves for the sake of their preferred narratives.

These are the people monsters you are talking about

Quote:
Take a short and recent walk down memory lane and you will recall a serious, life-ending pharmaceutical failure—the opioid crisis. Courts have determined that this crisis was perpetuated by the pharmaceutical industry. In fact, thousands of lawsuits and several legal settlements show how corruptly the pharmaceutical industry behaved regarding opioids.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2021/09...ampaign=bizpac

Does that help you get it?

They also have a pharma board member serving on every MSM board. Why would that be?

Last edited by Bubba; 30th September 2021 at 10:05 PM.
Old 30th September 2021, 10:01 PM   #140
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

What does this have to do with COVID conspiracies? COVID vaccines?

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Old 30th September 2021, 10:09 PM   #141
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

No, it has nothing to do with COVID CTs or vaccines*. I'm sure there's an opioid thread somewhere.

* The proven vaccines.

Dr. Brytney Cobia

Last edited by Resume; 30th September 2021 at 10:31 PM.
Old 30th September 2021, 10:18 PM   #142
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

They also have a pharma board member serving on every MSM board. Why would that be?
Running away from the truth doesn't make it go away. Pharmaceutical companies provide a bunch of useful and praiseworthy services. That they've also got a bunch of pieces of crap working in high places doesn't even remotely change that. Trying to use either one of those facts to ignore the other is cement-headed stupidity.
Old 1st October 2021, 12:59 AM   #143
gypsyjackson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by marting View Post
It's quite entertaining.

Here's a quick summary. A Dr. Carrie Madej got a sample of mRNA vaccine from some lab person that called her to come look what they found. It was put on a slide and looked at with a 400x microscope. Over time it changed colors which she asserted was because white light was interacting with a superconductor. Further, something with tentacles lifted itself off the edge of the slide and she sensed that it was aware of her. Also various nanoparticles were assembling themselves to create some artificial thingy.

You have to see it to believe it. Well, more specifically, that anyone with any science knowledge or even common sense could say what Carrie said with a straight face.
Ah, you mean “Dr” Carrie Madej. She’s been lying about vaccines in general for many years, so it’s probably no surprise that she’s lying about this set of vaccines.
gypsyjackson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2021, 02:39 AM   #144
Carrot Flower King
Graduate Poster

Carrie "Not A Real Medical Doctor" Madej? Associated with QAnon? Associated with Del Bigtree? Spoke to the rally before the invasion of the Capitol in January? The one with a long history of anti-vax BS?

Or is it another one who might actually know some science?
Carrot Flower King is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2021, 02:55 AM   #145
The Traveler
Suspended

A medical practitioner took a sample of the vaccine back to the lab for analysis.

Placed a sample under the microscope and as it stated to warm up a whole lot of nano particles started to assemble themselves. Also a miniature parasite that appeared alive also emerged. Both in the original sample and a later sample that was used to double check.
The Traveler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2021, 02:59 AM   #146
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

A medical practitioner took a sample of the vaccine back to the lab for analysis.

Placed a sample under the microscope and as it stated to warm up a whole lot of nano particles started to assemble themselves. Also a miniature parasite that appeared alive also emerged. Both in the original sample and a later sample that was used to double check.

I want to buy that microscope that you can see nanoparticles and parasites through at the same time!
Old 1st October 2021, 03:05 AM   #147
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
I want to buy that microscope that you can see nanoparticles and parasites through at the same time!
Well, presumably anyone with a microscope could replicate this experiment.
Bubba, and The Traveler-have you verified this yourselves? I mean, you wouldn't want to blindly accept something you saw on the internet without checking it yourselves, right?
Have you looked at the vaccine under a microscope yourselves?
Have you looked to see if anyone other than a fake doctor on Bitchute has done this?
If not, why not?
Old 1st October 2021, 03:09 AM   #148
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Here is a list of the Board of Directors of the BBC.

Please indicate which one you claim is on the board of a pharmaceutical company.

https://www.bbc.com/aboutthebbc/whoweare/bbcboard
Old 1st October 2021, 03:18 AM   #149
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Here is a list of CNN's leadership.

Please indicate which one you claim is on the board of a pharmaceutical company.

https://edition.cnn.com/specials/more/cnn-leadership
Old 1st October 2021, 05:44 AM   #150
Armitage72
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Here is a list of CNN's leadership.

https://edition.cnn.com/specials/more/cnn-leadership

It reminds me of the claim that was going around online that 70 members of Pfizer's "Investment Board" are members of the Chinese Communist Party. The problem is that they don't have an Investment Board, and none of the names are part of any board associated with Pfizer.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2021, 06:41 AM   #151
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Interlocking directorates are a real thing, and to many are a symptom of the way big business manages to conspire without seeming to do so. Read an annual report: the affiliations of the board candidates will make your head spin. You don't have to make up lies and ties for this. If your pet conspiracy theory requires that you ignore the elephant and chase an imaginary mouse you're an even sadder sack than I thought.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2021, 06:50 AM   #152
gypsyjackson
Graduate Poster

Thanks for replying. Not everyone does post a video summary, so it’s good when people do. I appreciate it.

As noted by the Great Zaganza, it wouldn’t be possible to see parasites and nanoparticles at the same time. The smallest parasites which affect humans are 2mm long; by definition nanoparticles are a maximum of 100 nanometres. With that in mind, we have to think the osteopath in question is mistaken at best; deliberately lying at worst.

Given no-one else in the world has claimed this, and anti-vaxxers worldwide would have been able to get hold of vaccine and do similar checks, plus she has claimed to have done it twice, one would be forgiven for thinking that the chances of her and only her being mistaken about nanoparticles and parasites on more than one occasion are so small as to be impossible.

That means she is probably lying. Next you might want to ask why she’s lying to you. Well, her brand of ‘medical practice’ relies on people rejecting real medicine and scientifically proven remedies, in favour of things that sort of feel like they might be right. I believe the phrase is ‘let that sink in’.
Old 1st October 2021, 07:16 AM   #153
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

To be fair, the parasite which causes malaria is only a few hundred times bigger than nanoparticles. But that doesn't make this tale of injectable self-assembling evil nanobots any less absurd.
Jack by the hedge is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2021, 07:17 AM   #154
Armitage72
Philosopher

we have to think the osteopath in question is mistaken at best; deliberately lying at worst.

When Bruce Campbell played an osteopath in the TV movie Alien Apocalypse, he was able to treat stab wounds by manipulating his patient's bones. Are you saying that the movie lied and osteopaths aren't the most amazing doctors in the universe?

Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2021, 07:28 AM   #155
eerok
Quixoticist

That's one of the stupidest things I've heard lately, but you seem determined to keep pushing the envelope.
Old 1st October 2021, 07:29 AM   #156
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
Interlocking directorates are a real thing, and to many are a symptom of the way big business manages to conspire without seeming to do so. Read an annual report: the affiliations of the board candidates will make your head spin. You don't have to make up lies and ties for this. If your pet conspiracy theory requires that you ignore the elephant and chase an imaginary mouse you're an even sadder sack than I thought.
Had it occurred to you that I actually looked at the biographies of all of those directors before posting?
Their directorships of other companies are all listed. None of them are in pharmaceutical companies.
Have a little faith in my research skills, old bean.
Old 1st October 2021, 07:59 AM   #157
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

To everyone in general:

There's something that Dr. Adequate used to say in response to things like this. It's on the tip of my tongue...

It's amazing, really. People are told, by the whole world's medical science community, that there's a virus behind the sudden spread of illness causing a large number of deaths, and an even larger number of serious, long-lasting health problems. This is equivalent to saying that a wildfire was caused by a combination of hot, dry weather and some idiot burning trash in a barrel. Id est, there's nothing remotely unnatural or even improbable about it. Viruses are all around us, and some have been a hazard to us for all of human history, even before we knew they existed.

But these same people reject that perfectly normal explanation. Yet when they see some ******** on the internet saying that there are miniature, superconductive, tentacle bearing monsters in the vaccines who are aware of people nearby, they immediately accept it as true, and even start backing each other up regarding this belief.

I mean, in all seriousness, how ******* stupid does a claim have to be before some people will see it as nonsense? How infantile? How obviously derived from poor quality science fiction clap-trap? I mean, as ignorant and stupid as the claims that the vaccines were made to poison people for a yet-to-be-observed population control program, those claims pale in comparison to this sort of utterly ridiculous, pathetically childish fantasy. Jesus! If someone said he wouldn't eat his lunch because the New World Order's microscopic, superconductive, tentacled nanobot monsters were watching him from inside his chicken tenders, he'd be refered to psych services (well, not in the U.S. He'd be turned out on the street to sleep in a cardboard box under an overpass).

I can honestly think of very few alternatives to the two most parsimonious explanations for this kind of delusional belief. The first is mental illness and the second is mental retardation.
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2021, 08:06 AM   #158
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
ETA II: I mean, surprised that people are joyful about modern, life-saving medicine? What kind of backwards, anti-social thinking is that?
Imagine being a Senator from Mississippi or West Virginia in the 70s: you'd be fighting for your constituents to have access to things like childhood vaccines to improve community health. Putting pork into bills so that you could build health clinics and infrastructure. Fast forward 50 years and we are in bizarro world.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2021, 08:11 AM   #159
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Had it occurred to you that I actually looked at the biographies of all of those directors before posting?
Their directorships of other companies are all listed. None of them are in pharmaceutical companies.
Have a little faith in my research skills, old bean.
Sorry if the message did not hit its proper target. I was certainly not addressing you, but rather the person you were also addressing.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st October 2021, 08:20 AM   #160
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Imagine being a Senator from Mississippi or West Virginia in the 70s: you'd be fighting for your constituents to have access to things like childhood vaccines to improve community health. Putting pork into bills so that you could build health clinics and infrastructure. Fast forward 50 years and we are in bizarro world.
Imagine the last 50 years of Dem pols who fought tooth and nail for those benefits, regardless of where the damn kids lived... today wondering WTF man. WTF?

Bizarro world indeed. Ultra partisan politics in the US will end... or end the US.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.

Last edited by Jim_MDP; 1st October 2021 at 08:24 AM.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories