IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , Coronavirus conspiracies , diseases , medical conspiracies

Old 3rd October 2021, 12:47 PM   #201
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by gabeygoat View Post
Lol @ "self sufficient"
Oh, I'm sure the owner of that account is aiming for financial self-sufficiency.

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2021, 01:10 PM   #202
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Meanwhile the fad diet pusher and Covid denier - Ivor Cummins (aka Fat Emperor) has made enough from the pandemic to incorporate a couple of companies. A holding company and a property portfolio

https://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Compa...Limited-698129

https://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Compa...Limited-698125

His income from his Patreon account is €55 per year at a minimum* - if all his subscribers are on the €3/month tier. I guess not too many are on the €250/month tier.

https://www.patreon.com/IvorCummins

Screenshot 2021-10-03 205835.jpg

Mind you he's lost about 100 followers (so at least €3600 per year) since the Belfast Telegraph asked him about his finances.

Even by his own account he neglected to tell the journalist about his Indigogo funding for his Covid film - £6k more than his kickstarter which he did talk about.

https://thefatemperor.com/interestin...rter-see-here/

Quote:
3) The Kickstarter collected £145,338 – just checked. Primary extension to the timeline was due to following the evolving situation, gathering much more interview material from South African and other government experts – as well as hiring a professional CGI special effects company to produce cutting-edge dynamic graphics (latter required to best explain the actual science, data, risk quotients and logic).

<Journalist then asks about Indigogo as well>

Quote:
The producer/filmmaker Donal O’Neill mainly tracks the financing and there are a lot of bills to cover (he was an accountant and I trust him implicitly as a friend – I’m too busy for working that end). Yes actually he did set up an IndieGoGo after the Kickstarter closed I recall, which gathers any supplemental supporters – the total from both platforms combined is £151,358, unless he is as fraudulent as the mass media. The IndieGoGo simply acknowledges the portion of the £151,358 which came from Kickstarter.
Note also the pre-emptive blame apportioning for why the film hasn't come out when the kickstarter said May 2021.

Have I mentioned that I despise those who make themselves rich by pushing lethal disinformation?

ETA: I think I have shared this map before, but it's still worth pointing out that he continued to used it long after its fictional provenance was pointed out - check out North America or Russia (or indeed Lake Chad)

(it's a devientart post-flood map )

I can only conclude that he's trolling his followers at this point

ETA2: The Belfast Telegraph story

https://twitter.com/SJAMcBride/statu...56451961741314

Quote:
Sam McBride
@SJAMcBride
Paul Hamill, 46, was a disciple of covid sceptic Ivor Cummins. The father-of-two promoted him with religious zeal. Last month he got covid & was hospitalised; now he's dead. A tragic story of mistrust, misinformation, & money - lots of it for Cummins...

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/o...-40886874.html

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK

Last edited by jimbob; 3rd October 2021 at 01:16 PM.
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2021, 01:22 PM   #203
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
Covid deniers are almost literally saying "If you think that Covid isn't as bad as its vaccine, we have some prime Tanzanian beachfront property for you"

I thought it was more traditional to chose Oklahom

Attachment 45383

Attachment 45384

Attachment 45385a.
Attempt to make Galt’s Gulch #7,896

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2021, 01:24 PM   #204
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
Attempt to make sell Galt’s Gulch #7,896
FIFY

No reason to think the owners of that account will have anything to do beyond taking money

Old 3rd October 2021, 02:43 PM   #205
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

When they flee back to the hospitable heartland in pandemic panic they can even quote old Jesus H. Christ himself: "Let the dead bury their own dead, I'm ******* outta here." That last part may not conform to the original text.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2021, 05:01 PM   #206
Chris_Halkides
Penultimate Amazing

Claims regarding Kary Mullis

I would like to discuss point 11 in the Off-Guardian list, which was linked in a previous comment. The author quotes Kary Mullis as saying, "PCR is just a process that allows you to make a whole lot of something out of something. It doesn’t tell you that you are sick, or that the thing that you ended up with was going to hurt you or anything like that." I have not yet been able to verify that Dr. Mullis actually said this (see below), but I am willing to take it as a given for the sake of argument.

My first response is that the quoted passage is correctly indicates that PCR is a tool to amplify DNA. But if you interpreted this as the Off-Guardian author did ("But the Nobel Prize-winning inventor of the process never intended it to be used as a diagnostic tool, and said so publicly:"), you could just as easily say the same about any diagnostic or forensic use of PCR. A very quick search turned up a 2004 review article published in Lancet Infect. Dis. that could be consulted for general reading on PCR-based tests.

There have already been critiques of a similar claim; however, from what I can gather a different quote was attributed to Dr. Mullis. Politifact cited Reuters' fact-check. As I have traced back the links, I learned that that had been a quote attributed to Dr. Mullis was actually from someone else in a 1996 article that concerned HIV/AIDS.

Here is a quote from another fact-checking link:

"Different versions of the claim suggest that Mullis said that PCR tests:
Could be used to find “anything in anybody”
Should not be used to test for viruses or infectious diseases
Should not be used to test for Covid-19"

It seems as if the claim has mutated somewhat like a virus.

Last edited by Chris_Halkides; 3rd October 2021 at 05:05 PM.
Chris_Halkides is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2021, 06:29 PM   #207
gypsyjackson
Graduate Poster

The quote which went around (even here, I think) for a while was that last one, that Mullis said PCR testing shouldn’t be used to test for Covid. Mullis died in mid-2019, before Covid was anything other than a gleam in a bio-weapon manufacturer’s eye.
gypsyjackson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2021, 11:30 PM   #208
Bubba
Philosopher

Silenced by YouTube....

Quote:
Dr. Vladimir Zelenko and his team have successfully treated over 6,000 patients for COVID-19. He has trained hundreds of physicians who are now training their students, and as a cumulative group they've treated millions

He says he can provide proof and documentation for everything he says.

Bitchute is one of the few platforms allowing free speech.

Start at 4:38

https://www.bitchute.com/video/wgb5w...sj8tC_CACBcGvY
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2021, 11:35 PM   #209
Bubba
Philosopher

Youtube recently silenced certain doctors and scientists.

Why?

They can be found on rumble and bitchute

Quote:
SCIENTIST SHOWS VACCINE EFFECTS IN AUTOPSIES. DON'T BELIEVE IT? SEE FOR YOURSELF. https://www.bitchute.com/search/?query= covid vaccine autopsies&kind=video

Quote:
Aug 12, 2021

https://rumble.com/vl1kj5-dr.-ryan-c...d-vaccine.html

DR. Cole did the First autopsy on someone who died from the Covid vaccine. He details the organ damage the spike protein causes. … 10 to 20 times increase in uterine cancer in the last 6 months.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2021, 11:37 PM   #210
Bubba
Philosopher

Dr. Vladimir Zelenko and his team have successfully treated over 6,000 patients for COVID-19. He has trained hundreds of physicians who are now training their students, and as a cumulative group they've treated millions.

start at 4;38

Old 3rd October 2021, 11:41 PM   #211
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
Silenced by YouTube....

Bitchute is one of the few platforms allowing free speech.

Start at 4:38

Good, the **** has blood on his hands up to his elbows. Youtube should have banned him. Allowing some lying piece of **** on your platform who is going to kill your viewers isn't much of a business model. Bitchute clearly doesn't care if you die.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2021, 11:43 PM   #212
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Silenced by YouTube....
Good, liars spreading nonsense should be kicked to the curb.

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2021, 11:45 PM   #213
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Youtube recently silenced certain doctors and

Why?
What a stupid question. Because they were attempting to spread dangerous nonsense.

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2021, 11:45 PM   #214
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Dr. Vladimir Zelenko and his team have successfully treated over 6,000 patients for COVID-19. He has trained hundreds of physicians who are now training their students, and as a cumulative group they've treated millions.

start at 4;38

Why is it that the only people you don't let lead you around by the nose are the people who actually know what the hell they're talking about? Does it really make sense to you, in your long history of wrongness that this would be the one time you're sources got something right?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd October 2021, 11:45 PM   #215
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Dr. Vladimir Zelenko and his team . . .
Gulled again!!

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Old 3rd October 2021, 11:48 PM   #216
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

At least you've managed to find the proper sub-forum for your hilarious bull ****.

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Old 4th October 2021, 06:30 AM   #217
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.

start at 4;38

Rather than yet another video, can you link to the published research data from Dr. Zelenko?
Oh, and how about a link to his school, where all this training is going on?
Thanks.
Old 4th October 2021, 06:32 AM   #218
eerok
Quixoticist

[disinfo]
[disinfo]
[disinfo]
Why are you so eager to spread lies that are designed to cause harm to the US and the west?
Old 4th October 2021, 06:33 AM   #219
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Youtube recently silenced certain doctors and scientists.

Why?

They can be found on rumble and bitchute
Dr. Cole failed the factchecking process, and is clearly a lying piece of autocensor.

https://www.factcheck.org/2021/04/sc...d-19-vaccines/

What do you think about his claims, Bubba? Do you believe him?
Old 4th October 2021, 06:53 AM   #220
Carrot Flower King
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Rather than yet another video, can you link to the published research data from Dr. Zelenko?
Oh, and how about a link to his school, where all this training is going on?
Thanks.
I found this - https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...258?via%3Dihub - from a Dr V Zelenko and a couple of others.

A not great, small scale, inadequately controlled, retrospective case series study, which even admits that there was no significant difference in rates of death between their "treated" and "untreated" groups; twice as many "patients" did not meet their "risk stratification criteria" as did, so didn't receive the Magic Treatment and yet all fully recovered, with no hospital admissions and no deaths. Yeah, fully convincing...

Bubba, do you actually folllow through your own links and read things properly?

Last edited by Carrot Flower King; 4th October 2021 at 06:56 AM.
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2021, 06:59 AM   #221
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Carrot Flower King View Post
No. Bubba likes to be spoonfed disinfo and then believes it uncritically.
Old 4th October 2021, 07:08 AM   #222
Carrot Flower King
Graduate Poster

Well, looky here - https://faculty.utrgv.edu/eleftherio...nko/index.html - let's see some of the company Zelenko keeps...Look at those names: McCullough, Simone Gold, Breggin, the Health Deranger, Tucker Carlson and..and...It's a veritable loon central.

Also, the guy behind that list of stuff, Eleftherios Gkioulekas, is a mathematician, not any sort of medic or virologist or biochemist or anything relevant. And look at the links on his university page - https://faculty.utrgv.edu/eleftherios.gkioulekas/ - which makes it look like he's got a few bees in his bonnet of a distinctly unhelpful kind.

Last edited by Carrot Flower King; 4th October 2021 at 07:11 AM. Reason: More stuff
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2021, 07:17 AM   #223
Carrot Flower King
Graduate Poster

Shock! Horror! Zelenko has links to Didier Raoult - https://forbetterscience.com/2020/10...h-others-arms/ - who happens to be linked to the journal in which that not very good paper by Zelenko I linked to above is published.

I'm even more convinced! Does anyone have a Brooklyn Bridge they want to sell me?
Old 4th October 2021, 07:27 AM   #224
Carrot Flower King
Graduate Poster

Oh dear! Another kicking for Zelenko - https://www.physiciansweekly.com/the...scalpel-awards

Now, Bubba, it has taken me around half an hour tappy lappying around a well-known search engine to find this lot, which included stopping to have a rather lovely fresh cheese scone which Carrot Flower Queen has just baked.

It does not look good for Zelenko having any credibility...
Old 4th October 2021, 07:29 AM   #225
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Meanwhile on Twitter, I have a particularly stupid antivaxer asking whether this has been debunked whist telling me to not stories that I see on "tell lie vision"

I assume nobody in this thread is dim enough to think that is remotely plausible.

In fact that was what finally got the writer suspended from Twitter.

Old 4th October 2021, 07:31 AM   #226
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...

I'm even more convinced! Does anyone have a Brooklyn Bridge they want to sell me?
No…but I can get you a good deal on a lovely mountain chateau in Nebraska.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 4th October 2021, 07:59 AM   #227
Chris_Halkides
Penultimate Amazing

She describes herself as a "truth journalist"

When I googled Jacqui Deevoy, this link came up. She sounds disconnected from the facts.
Old 4th October 2021, 08:04 AM   #228
gypsyjackson
Graduate Poster

Meanwhile on Twitter, I have a particularly stupid antivaxer asking whether this has been debunked whist telling me to not stories that I see on "tell lie vision"

I assume nobody in this thread is dim enough to think that is remotely plausible.

If you knew someone this credulous, might you not try to tell her the most outrageous things you could, just to see if she would repeat them to the world?

Anyway, if not for the blood vomiting, that sounds like a normal Friday afternoon. It’s important to keep yourself busy.
gypsyjackson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2021, 08:08 AM   #229
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Vomiting blood happens when vampires drink from consecrated hosts.
Old 4th October 2021, 09:41 AM   #230
surrogate
Critical Thinker

Blood in his semen you say? I'm not so sure I would be up to having sex or jerking off after vomiting pints of blood and bleeding out my ass, but I've always been kind of soft. What a trooper.
surrogate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2021, 09:55 AM   #231
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by surrogate View Post
Blood in his semen you say? I'm not so sure I would be up to having sex or jerking off after vomiting pints of blood and bleeding out my ass, but I've always been kind of soft. What a trooper.
hey!
no kink-shaming!
Old 4th October 2021, 09:55 AM   #232
Carrot Flower King
Graduate Poster

I found this - https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...258?via%3Dihub - from a Dr V Zelenko and a couple of others.

A not great, small scale, inadequately controlled, retrospective case series study, which even admits that there was no significant difference in rates of death between their "treated" and "untreated" groups; twice as many "patients" did not meet their "risk stratification criteria" as did, so didn't receive the Magic Treatment and yet all fully recovered, with no hospital admissions and no deaths. Yeah, fully convincing...

Wasn't Bubba one of those who trumpeted the whole "PCR tests are useless and can't be relied on for Covid" line?

If so, he ought to be castigating Zelenko and his mates in this paper, 'cos they use PCR for diagnostic purposes...So how does Bubba know the "patients" actually had Covid?

Inquiring minds (well, a slightly bored one in Northumberland) want to know.

Last edited by Carrot Flower King; 4th October 2021 at 09:56 AM. Reason: - w
Old 4th October 2021, 10:07 AM   #233
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by surrogate View Post
Unsurprisingly, there were a *lot* of comments along those lines. Some saying that if the AZ vaccine allowed one to think of that at such a time, they wanted signing up right away.
Then there was this NSFW cartoon tweet:

https://twitter.com/lukeymcgarry/sta...744877569?s=20
Quote:
Actual photo of Jacqui’s mate.

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
hey!
no kink-shaming!
With a fair number of that type of reply

https://twitter.com/search?q=blood%2...ed_query&f=top

Old 4th October 2021, 10:08 AM   #234
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

Sure, why not, someone basically bleeding from every orifice is just going to 'toss one off' and check for blood, out of curiosity.

ETA: Ehh, I'm late to the circle jerk as usual.

Last edited by The Man; 4th October 2021 at 10:10 AM.
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2021, 10:50 AM   #235
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

. . . Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Old 4th October 2021, 11:01 AM   #236
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Sure, why not, someone basically bleeding from every orifice is just going to 'toss one off' and check for blood, out of curiosity.

ETA: Ehh, I'm late to the circle jerk as usual.
Nice choice of language for the ETA

Old 4th October 2021, 12:21 PM   #237
Chris_Halkides
Penultimate Amazing

VAERS

If it has not already been done, someone should put this into the VAERS system.
Old 4th October 2021, 02:40 PM   #238
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Well, at least some cement-headed, reality-denying health care professionals are quiting the field, permanently.

Quote:
According to this obituary and this obituary Michael Pitcher and Kari (Karina) Simonson-Pitcher both died of COVID. Michael on September 27 and Kari on September 10. They both worked in healthcare. Michael owned a primary care clinic and Karina was an Advance Registered Nurse Practitioner with a Doctoral Degree from the University of Florida. Michael leaves behind 2 children and 5 step children from three marriages and Kari leaves behind her daughter.

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Old 4th October 2021, 03:13 PM   #239
carlitos
"más divertido"

Hearing religious whackos and CT nuts misuse the word "discernment" really irks me. It's been increasing for the past 3-5 years.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th October 2021, 03:17 PM   #240
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Hearing religious whackos and CT nuts misuse the word "discernment" really irks me. It's been increasing for the past 3-5 years.
It's part and parcel with "do the research." They don't know how to do either.

Dr. Brytney Cobia

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories