IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , Coronavirus conspiracies , diseases , medical conspiracies

Old 6th October 2021, 12:12 AM   #281
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
cherry picker....
700,000 U.S. dead, 5 million worldwide, and those suffering long-covid, and permanent pulmonary and neurological issues says this is a very stupid response.

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 12:22 AM   #282
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
NO ONE has died from being vaccinated.
Not completely true, that rare blood clot thing killed a few people before it was identified. It's treatable, so now doctors know to watch out for it there are very few fatalities.

Given the millions who have now been vaccinated with no more such correlations identified, we can be pretty confident that the Covid 19 vaccinations are very safe.
Old 6th October 2021, 12:23 AM   #283
Susheel
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
Not completely true, that rare blood clot thing killed a few people before it was identified. It's treatable, so now doctors know to watch out for it there are very few fatalities.

Given the millions who have now been vaccinated with no more such correlations identified, we can be pretty confident that the Covid 19 vaccinations are very safe.
Didn't that happen with just the J&J vaccine?
Old 6th October 2021, 12:39 AM   #284
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

cherry picker....and what % survive and carry on with natural immunity.?
This is why I don't give two ***** about what happens to people who can get the vaccine but don't. If someone's not vaccinated, they aren't valuable.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 12:43 AM   #285
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
The antivaxers are trying to set up a parallel system

https://www.covid19assembly.org/adve...ctions-report/

They accepted this entry of mine

Attachment 45394

Yes the child was under 2 and at the time, the vaccination dates were in the future and I'm apparently their daughter.

They missed 15 days of school due to the vaccine
This could be a fun group project. Sabotage they're site by flooding it with false entries.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 12:47 AM   #286
steenkh
Philosopher

Which countries have the least deaths per million of Covid-19 - those with a high fraction of vaccinated people, or those with a low fraction?
I can’t believe that antivaxxers still think they have an argument.

--
Jack of all trades - master of none!
steenkh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 01:07 AM   #287
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
These are not rebuttals.

Some of the risks of these EGTs are known (ADE, escape mutation), and others are still unknown. On the other hand, the risks of covid infection, and specifically your risk of dying, are well known.

Only innumerate people seek to take gene therapies for a disease that is very unlikely to kill you, with significant individual and population risks.

Innumerate people who seek to force others to take such "therapies" are totalitarians, and should be resisted with violent force, if necessary.
None of this is correct. You need to stop doing your own research. It's irresponsible of you to pontificate about something so important when your the quality of your "work" is so poor. MRNA vaccines aren't gene therapy; that's something different. Your information about who is getting sick is dated, pre Delta. You don't take into account long haul symptoms of healthy people who are sick for months and we don't yet know the impact of that on life expectancy.

Maybe you could find a nice conspiracy theory about lizard people or something. That seems more your speed.
Old 6th October 2021, 01:08 AM   #288
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Originally Posted by Susheel View Post
Didn't that happen with just the J&J vaccine?
No, also the Astrozenica vaccine. It turns out to occur in some Covid patients as well, which should give a clue to the cause.

It's worth pointing out that this side effect was identified and correlated with the vaccines within a few months, despite only affecting a tiny percentage of vaccinated people. Identifying such problems is what VAERS and similar databases are for, and well over a year later it's still the only serious issue found.
Old 6th October 2021, 01:11 AM   #289
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by turingtest View Post
"Dr Harold Shipman" was also a nice touch.

Expert on the dangers of injections ...
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 03:07 AM   #290
Carrot Flower King
Graduate Poster

Aaaaah, Bubba, since you've popped in again, might you care to addresss the complete shambles that is that Zelenko paper I linked to? And explain how they claim an effect which their own results do not come close to showing?

That would be awfully decent of you.
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 03:47 AM   #291
Susheel
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Carrot Flower King View Post
That would be awfully decent of you.
Therein lies the rub...
Old 6th October 2021, 05:44 AM   #292
Tippit
Illuminator

No, also the Astrozenica vaccine. It turns out to occur in some Covid patients as well, which should give a clue to the cause.

It's worth pointing out that this side effect was identified and correlated with the vaccines within a few months, despite only affecting a tiny percentage of vaccinated people. Identifying such problems is what VAERS and similar databases are for, and well over a year later it's still the only serious issue found.
My cousin died from thrombocytopenia just a few weeks ago, after consenting to the AZ experimental gene therapy. Apparently it's a growing concern.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34179744/
Old 6th October 2021, 05:53 AM   #293
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Treatable, but ...
Quote:
The overall mortality rate for VITT in the study was 22 percent.
Blood clots associated with AstraZeneca vaccine are 'rare but devastating,' study says (CNBC, Aug 17, 2021)
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 06:45 AM   #294
ZiprHead
Critical Thinker

My cousin died from thrombocytopenia just a few weeks ago, after consenting to the AZ experimental gene therapy. Apparently it's a growing concern.

Cool story, bro.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.
ZiprHead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 07:01 AM   #295
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Husband and wife team **** off out of this world.

Quote:
Dale and Melissa Williams, 52, 54, Georgetown, IL, Against Vaccination, both dead from COVID.
Husband dies to own the libs smart people.

Originally Posted by Dale Williams
Third vaccine. Lmao I'm not doing the first one I die proud.
Well, he died, anyway.

Dr. Brytney Cobia

Last edited by Resume; 6th October 2021 at 07:04 AM.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 07:23 AM   #296
ZiprHead
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Husband and wife team **** off out of this world.

Husband dies to own the libs smart people.

Well, he died, anyway.
Proudly stupid.

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we can't satisfy the rich.
ZiprHead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 08:07 AM   #297
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
You do realise that with a 1.6% Infection Mortality Rate, and somewhere between 3-20% long-term Covid rate, that we all realise that most antivaxers would be OK anyway.

And that many antivaxers are actually claiming that those who are vaccinated only have months to live before the supposed bioweapon is activated and we're all killed off.

So that is actually 180-degrees out.

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 08:24 AM   #298
Tippit
Illuminator

Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
Cool story, bro.
My cousin's death is a cool story to you
Edited by zooterkin:  <SNIP>
Edited for rule 0 and rule 12.
?

Last edited by zooterkin; 7th October 2021 at 01:31 AM.
Tippit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 08:48 AM   #299
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Tippit can rest easy in his assurance that all of the vaccinated folks opposing him here will soon be dead.
Old 6th October 2021, 09:06 AM   #300
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Obviously it's devastating for those affected and their families. Pointing out how rare it is and that it's still the only serious side effect identified isn't much comfort to them, I'm sure, but the fact remains that the vaccine is saving many, many more lives than it's costing.
Old 6th October 2021, 10:09 AM   #301
Tippit
Illuminator

Obviously it's devastating for those affected and their families. Pointing out how rare it is and that it's still the only serious side effect identified isn't much comfort to them, I'm sure, but the fact remains that the vaccine is saving many, many more lives than it's costing.
For now. There is no way to predict whether future strains will induce an ADE response, when the antibodies become non-neutralizing. This will result in more severe infections than otherwise. ADE is a big risk not only in Coronaviruses, but many other families of viruses, and some scientists think it could be much greater than .26%, the IFR for Covid.

And what about the people like me who have already survived symptomatic infections by Covid, and for which natural immunity is superior to the experimental gene therapy?

Israeli study: Natural immunity gives better protection than COVID shot

Why should I be forced to take an experimental therapy with unknown present and future risks for a disease that I have already survived? Granted, you have to first survive the disease in order to gain the benefit, and the study also points out that combining natural immunity with the vaccine offers even more protection, but at what future risk? I am sitting with natural immunity in great health. I live in Florida and live a normal life. I don't wear masks or social distance.

I don't need to buy what is being sold, and in fact, forced. And towards what agenda?
Old 6th October 2021, 10:33 AM   #302
Tippit
Illuminator

Those crazy Swedes are at it again!

Sweden, Denmark Restrict Use Of Moderna Jab Over Risk Of Heart Inflammation, Other Side Effects
Old 6th October 2021, 11:18 AM   #303
Bubba
Philosopher

It's probably best that we focus on shooting the messenger. Most importantly, (as if ya'all need reminding) do not even look at the Medicare and NIH data sheets, from Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Data servers, and from NIH in this presentation, brought to you by whistleblowers in government.

https://rumble.com/vn12v1-attorney-t...OeaM2mH1wOdPwo
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 11:28 AM   #304
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

It's probably best that we focus on shooting the messenger.
When a particular "messenger" is very consistently wrong, it's not wrong to pay attention to that. When a particular "messenger" is very consistently deceitful and dishonest, it's not wrong to treat them as such.

Also, by the look of it, you've been gulled again by the not particularly trustworthy.
Old 6th October 2021, 11:30 AM   #305
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

It's probably best that we focus on shooting the messenger. Most importantly, (as if ya'all need reminding) do not even look at the Medicare and NIH data sheets, from Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services Data servers, and from NIH in this presentation, brought to you by whistleblowers in government.

https://rumble.com/vn12v1-attorney-t...OeaM2mH1wOdPwo
Wow, you really are that gullible.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 11:44 AM   #306
plague311
Great minds think...

Why should I be forced to take an experimental therapy with unknown present and future risks for a disease that I have already survived? Granted, you have to first survive the disease in order to gain the benefit, and the study also points out that combining natural immunity with the vaccine offers even more protection, but at what future risk? I am sitting with natural immunity in great health. I live in Florida and live a normal life. I don't wear masks or social distance.

I don't need to buy what is being sold, and in fact, forced. And towards what agenda?
Hearing this random ass line of reasoning again is so strange. What the actual **** do you think their "agenda" is? The shots are free to the people getting them. Why would they want to kill off their population? Ever heard the phrase "dead men don't pay debts"? It's because there's no ******* point in killing people off because then there's no one to control. Your theory doesn't even pass Occam's Razor. It dies on the table.

What long term effects from the vaccine? That's not how ******* vaccines work. You don't get random effects 5-10 years down the road from vaccines. Jesus ******* Christ.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 11:44 AM   #307
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Interesting. I have had DVT and as such, am a risky category. I had no hesitation about getting all vaxxed up. Still vertical. What a surprise.

abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 11:49 AM   #308
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

My cousin's death is a cool story to you
Edited by zooterkin:  <SNIP>
Edited for rule 0 and rule 12.
?
Sure. You simply made it up.

Could it be real? Possibly, but your track record leads me to believe it is fantasy.

So actual evidence or who cares about whatever you make up.

My cousin died as a result of anal probing by aliens. Do you believe me?

Last edited by zooterkin; 7th October 2021 at 01:31 AM.
Old 6th October 2021, 11:54 AM   #309
Tippit
Illuminator

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Hearing this random ass line of reasoning again is so strange. What the actual **** do you think their "agenda" is? The shots are free to the people getting them. Why would they want to kill off their population? Ever heard the phrase "dead men don't pay debts"? It's because there's no ******* point in killing people off because then there's no one to control. Your theory doesn't even pass Occam's Razor. It dies on the table.

Hundreds of billions of dollars in present and future subscription "immunity" comes to mind. Since this isn't the conspiracy theory forum, I won't get into population control by way of softkill/infertility.

The bottom line is, I don't trust liars, or statistics quoted by liars, and I have natural immunity. If you want to subscribe to and take mRNA jabs in perpetuity, be my guest. Stop forcing it on others. Stop advocating that it be forced on others.

Quote:

What long term effects from the vaccine? That's not how ******* vaccines work. You don't get random effects 5-10 years down the road from vaccines. Jesus ******* Christ.
This isn't a vaccine, it's experimental gene therapy fraudulently issued under an EUA, given that there are existing treatments (the EUA was supposed to be contingent on there being no treatments). This isn't a vaccine, it doesn't offer sterilizing immunity, so it shouldn't be referred to as a vaccine, or compared with actual vaccines. Educate yourself about the risks of ADE, and how if they manifest, they will be a few years down the road when this highly mutagenic virus mutates.

Last edited by Tippit; 6th October 2021 at 11:56 AM.
Tippit is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 11:59 AM   #310
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

The bottom line is, I don't trust liars, or statistics quoted by liars, and I have natural immunity. If you want to subscribe to and take mRNA jabs in perpetuity, be my guest. Stop forcing it on others. Stop advocating that it be forced on others.
Sure. Let them all die in their stupidity. That would be fine by me.

Except the anti vax mob want to take everyone else with them on their self destructive path.

Old 6th October 2021, 12:00 PM   #311
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

It's probably best . . .
To not be so credulous. But you've consistently ignored that advice, so . . . Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Dr. Brytney Cobia

Last edited by Resume; 6th October 2021 at 12:01 PM.
Old 6th October 2021, 12:01 PM   #312
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Hundreds of billions of dollars in present and future subscription "immunity" comes to mind. Since this isn't the conspiracy theory forum, I won't get into population control by way of softkill/infertility.
But the world population continues to grow.

How do you explain that?

Are the evil overlords really that inept?

Old 6th October 2021, 12:01 PM   #313
plague311
Great minds think...

I can cover it without you going into it. Because the idea is irrational nonsense supported by nothing other than delusions of people who have no idea how reality works.

You don't trust liars? Who are you getting your information from? Care to share some sources so I can check on the truth telling history of those you do decide to trust?

I have natural immunity too, and the shot. You know, the thing you said makes you more safe, but you won't do because....whatever ******** reason you came up with?

This isn't a vaccine, it's experimental gene therapy fraudulently issued under an EUA, given that there are existing treatments (the EUA was supposed to be contingent on there being no treatments).
I thought you said this wasn't the CT section?

This isn't a vaccine, it doesn't offer sterilizing immunity, so it shouldn't be referred to as a vaccine, or compared with actual vaccines. Educate yourself about the risks of ADE, and how if they manifest, they will be a few years down the road when this highly mutagenic virus mutates.
LoL give me some links, buddy! I'll read through a few of them. I won't buy into most of their nonsense, I'd wager, but I'll humor you.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 12:13 PM   #314
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
I mean, half the time he provides no link. Then, when he does, it's to freaking "rumble," a hub of misinformation, extremism and violent threats.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 12:18 PM   #315
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I stand corrected. However, it was primarily the Astra Zeneca vaccine not used in the US that was causing the problem with a handful of cases from the J&J vaccine. The number of people who died was 49 (a UK study).

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02291-2

Quote:
Indeed, severe blood clots are just one of many serious risks from Covid-19; the virus has caused more than 700,000 deaths in the United States. More than 186 million people in the United States have been fully vaccinated -- nearly 15 million received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine -- with few serious side effects.
Quote:
TTS "is rare, occurring at a rate of about 7 per 1 million vaccinated women between 18 and 49 years old. For women 50 years and older and men of all ages, this adverse event is even more rare," the CDC says.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/05/healt...ath/index.html

You have a higher chance of getting blood clots from Covid itself, especially in the lungs and after surgery:

Quote:
Risk 90% higher in those with recent COVID
The rate of postoperative VTE was 666 of 123,591 patients without COVID-19 (0.5%), while it was 50 of 2,317 (2.2%) in those with perioperative COVID-19, 15 of 953 (1.6%) in those with a recent coronavirus infection, and 11 of 1,148 (1.0%) in those with a previous infection.

After adjusting for confounding factors, patients with perioperative COVID had a 50% higher risk of VTE, while those with a recent case were at a 90% increased risk. Those with a previous infection had a 70% higher odds of VTE, although this finding was of borderline statistical significance.
https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-pers...ry-study-shows
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 12:24 PM   #316
Bubba
Philosopher

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post

Repeat, do not look at the govt data sheets, cover your eyes.
Bubba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 12:26 PM   #317
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Read the transcript!
Old 6th October 2021, 12:27 PM   #318
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Which government, and what "data sheets"?

If you post vague nothings, why should anyone care?

Old 6th October 2021, 12:28 PM   #319
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

How about a link to the story of your cousin's death? It is so rare that it would be reported in the media.

Actually, it's not a "growing concern".
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2021, 12:44 PM   #320
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I never buy into conspiracy theories, but the one that the GOP is trying to make COvid worse because they think it will hurt Biden and the Dems is one I am almost ready to sign on to.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories