IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Ashli Babbitt , donald trump

Old 12th October 2021, 02:22 PM   #1
Caroline13
Graduate Poster

DJT, Short Speech at Iowa Rally - CSPAN

https://youtu.be/vZd85KqcdNQ

Keep it Simple
Caroline13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2021, 02:40 PM   #2
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
He's gotten really good at packing a lot of lies into a short time. Like the world has never seen before! So good that some people, like mental health professionals, could conclude that he's mentally ill, a pathological liar, a malignant narcissist, and sociopath and that people who believe him are none too mentally stable themselves. Oh, wait...they have!
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2021, 02:44 PM   #3
mgidm86
Philosopher

The corrupt leading the stupid. The guy can't read a sentence clearly, can't tell the truth, and he looks like hell. And what exactly was his point? Oh ya, the libs are evil commie bla bla. His rhetoric is as dangerous as ever.

Anyone who watches this man and thinks "Ya, that's our guy" is a demented idiot. Seriously, my drunk roommate could make a better speech than this jerkoff.
Old 12th October 2021, 02:46 PM   #4
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

And thinly veiled threats of violence.
As for lies, Trump makes Baron Munchausen look like a rank amateur.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2021, 02:47 PM   #5
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Trump has now made a video openly praising the women who was shot storming the capitol.
I know I sound like a broken record, but I don't see how this ends peacefully.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2021, 02:53 PM   #6
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Trump’s never-ending parade of election falsehoods

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...on-falsehoods/
Old 12th October 2021, 02:54 PM   #7
mgidm86
Philosopher

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Trump has now made a video openly praising the women who was shot storming the capitol.

That's what I thought this video would be. Haven't seen that one, probably don't need to.

I notice his crowd was small, and I notice there are only 29 comments on this video, which tells me either nobody cares or most of them were negative and have been deleted.

Trump has no energy and he looks like the litigation against him is taking a toll. He looks like an old beaten man.
Old 12th October 2021, 02:58 PM   #8
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
The corrupt leading the stupid. The guy can't read a sentence clearly, can't tell the truth, and he looks like hell. And what exactly was his point? Oh ya, the libs are evil commie bla bla. His rhetoric is as dangerous as ever.

Anyone who watches this man and thinks "Ya, that's our guy" is a demented idiot. Seriously, my drunk roommate could make a better speech than this jerkoff.
I'd have to be near passing out drunk to listen to him for more than a couple minutes without puking. From the looks of his rallies, I'd say stupidity must make listening to him much easier.

Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2021, 03:20 PM   #9
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I'd have to be near passing out drunk to listen to him for more than a couple minutes without puking. From the looks of his rallies, I'd say stupidity must make listening to him much easier.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...604f313157.jpg
I just cannot listen to one of his speeches any more. Just can't, I just read the highlights on the net. That is bad enough.
And his supporters at this rally..........

"He is going to save the world"....god, anybody who really thinks that needs a extended say in Happy Acres...

And as for his "CHristian " followers: seems to me Jesus warned about people like Donnie when he said many false prophets would rise using his name....

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by dudalb; 12th October 2021 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12th October 2021, 03:24 PM   #10
Venom
Philosopher

Now she's officially a martyr.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2021, 04:04 PM   #11
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

The Babbit **** was a good start. I'm glad the family scattered the ashes instead of defiling a veterans cemetery with her vile carcass. Her kind shouldn't be buried with Americans.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2021, 04:23 PM   #12
surrogate
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
The Babbit **** was a good start. I'm glad the family scattered the ashes instead of defiling a veterans cemetery with her vile carcass. Her kind shouldn't be buried with Americans.
IMO, scattering was too good for her, they should have flushed them down the toilet or tossed them in a garbage heap with the rest of the trash.
surrogate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2021, 04:27 PM   #13
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by surrogate View Post
IMO, scattering was too good for her, they should have flushed them down the toilet or tossed them in a garbage heap with the rest of the trash.
Seems gratuitous but I wouldn't have cared if that's what they did.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2021, 04:33 PM   #14
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

It doesn't. They want blood flowing through the streets. If they take over and end democracy, it will be worse than Nazi Germany. They'll have nuclear weapons and nobody to stop them. Nuclear war with China would be inevitable.

I used to think that Republicans were just jerks. Now I'm convinced that they're all sick, evil, twisted pieces of [first of George Carlin's seven dirty words].

"Biden's a Commie, like the Rockefellers!" -- some idiot overheard
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2021, 06:22 PM   #15
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Horst Wessel 2.0

Robert Heinlein.
Old 12th October 2021, 06:24 PM   #16
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
It doesn't. They want blood flowing through the streets. If they take over and end democracy, it will be worse than Nazi Germany. They'll have nuclear weapons and nobody to stop them. Nuclear war with China would be inevitable.
And people think I have too negative a viewpoint about the future......

Robert Heinlein.
Old 12th October 2021, 06:45 PM   #17
Athyrio
Hipster Doofus

I simply do not understand the adoration that these political vassals and serfs have for His Petulancy.
Old 12th October 2021, 06:54 PM   #18
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Athyrio View Post
I simply do not understand the adoration that these political vassals and serfs have for His Petulancy.
Neither do I. I can understand why some demogogues get a fanatic following..I can see they have Charisma...but I see none in Donnie.

Robert Heinlein.
Old 12th October 2021, 06:57 PM   #19
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

There is nothing about Trump that I do not find exceedingly repulsive.
Old 12th October 2021, 09:16 PM   #20
Warp12
Master Poster

This sounds more than a little hyperbolic, lol. Fear mongering isn't helping matters, on either side.
Old 12th October 2021, 09:24 PM   #21
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Still waiting for the inevitable Elvis- lmoment when we get a picture the real Donald: fat, flabby almost bald, without makeup.
Old 12th October 2021, 09:42 PM   #22
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Only to traitors.
Old 12th October 2021, 09:43 PM   #23
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
This sounds more than a little hyperbolic, lol. Fear mongering isn't helping matters, on either side.
Pointing out the treason of the Cult of Trump (what used to be Republicans) is not fear mongering.

Last edited by Craig4; 12th October 2021 at 09:47 PM.
Old 12th October 2021, 09:45 PM   #24
Warp12
Master Poster

Wasn't she already considered as such?
Old 12th October 2021, 09:47 PM   #25
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Only by people who should have joined her.
Old 12th October 2021, 09:47 PM   #26
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

No she was still in competition with Rittenhouse and some other dude.
After all- she was dishonorably discharged and female - not a true Horst Wessel.

Last edited by The Great Zaganza; 12th October 2021 at 10:17 PM.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th October 2021, 10:25 PM   #27
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
No she was still in competition with Rittenhouse and some other dude.
After all- she was dishonorably discharged and female - not a true Horst Wessel.
I believe she was honorably discharged. But that does not minimize the fact that she was an insurrectionist who was killed while breaking into our Capitol illegally. I certainly won't shed any tears for her. Play deadly games, win deadly prizes.
Old 13th October 2021, 03:50 AM   #28
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Clearly there's a strong overlap between Trump cultists and pandemic CTists. How do they reconcile the fact that the vaccinations were developed during the Trump administration, and that Trump is vaccinated?
Old 13th October 2021, 04:09 AM   #29
Lurch
Graduate Poster

Next up: The Ashli Babbit Leid. Then: The Blood Banner ritual.

You watch and see if some crank doesn't show up claiming to have a holy piece of Ashli's blood-stained clothing.
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2021, 04:15 AM   #30
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
Clearly there's a strong overlap between Trump cultists and pandemic CTists. How do they reconcile the fact that the vaccinations were developed during the Trump administration, and that Trump is vaccinated?
Good question. trump pushed for the vaccine's development and emergency use authorization, has been vaccinated, praises the vaccine and says "everybody" should be vaccinated. Yet trump has always received a free pass on this from his supporters who oppose the vaccine. I guess realistically they can't turn on him since they have no one else. One feature of his support -- among many troubling aspects -- allegiance has to be 100%. It has to be absolute.

Example is the current forum member who rants against the vaccine, about getting 'the jab' with this 'garbage.' trump praises it but she has never addressed that issue and I don't think she will. She can't. I think in an odd way, that fuels her rage.
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2021, 04:17 AM   #31
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
Next up: The Ashli Babbit Leid. Then: The Blood Banner ritual.

You watch and see if some crank doesn't show up claiming to have a holy piece of Ashli's blood-stained clothing.
I could sell them some Babbit's Life Matters T-Shirts*

*(acronym only due to space constraints, but everyone knows that that's what it
means)
Old 13th October 2021, 04:25 AM   #32
Warp12
Master Poster

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
I could sell them some Babbit's Life Matters T-Shirts*

*(acronym only due to space constraints, but everyone knows that that's what it
means)
This is actually a great idea. I like the entrepreneurial spirit.
Old 13th October 2021, 04:35 AM   #33
Ethan Thane Athen
Master Poster

I doubt the latter - they won't give a **** about Taiwan.
Ethan Thane Athen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2021, 05:27 AM   #34
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

I believe she was honorably discharged. But that does not minimize the fact that she was an insurrectionist who was killed while breaking into our Capitol illegally. I certainly won't shed any tears for her. Play deadly games, win deadly prizes.
She was honorably discharged, but she was only an E4 after something like 16 years in the service, which shows something lacking.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2021, 05:39 AM   #35
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

From the comments:

I don't know how anyone can look at Biden and say Trump "looks bad". Comical.
That's Taliban Trump to you, was his peace deal.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2021, 05:43 AM   #36
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
She was honorably discharged, but she was only an E4 after something like 16 years in the service, which shows something lacking.
She was a Darwin award winner for a Conspiracy theorist, that couldn't even understand the Paper punch card time of Computer Technology.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2021, 06:06 AM   #37
Armitage72
Philosopher

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...604f313157.jpg

That sign almost looks like it was originally created to praise "Lord Trump" but then they decided at the last minute that they should probably include something about Jesus.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2021, 06:10 AM   #38
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Originally Posted by Caroline13 View Post
I really do not give care one bit what that stupid, idiotic, lying, greedy POS Trump has to say.

On 15 FEB 2019 'BobTheCoward' said: "I constantly assert I am a fool."

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th October 2021, 06:26 AM   #39
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
I really do not give care one bit what that stupid, idiotic, lying, greedy POS Trump has to say.
I have never had a Reason to want to listen to Pure Horse 🐎 💩 from either a Republican or Democrat. So no reason to care about what Stable Genius has to say.
Old 13th October 2021, 07:28 AM   #40
sackett
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Ashli to ashes
And mud to mud
Don't trust Trumpf
Cuz he's a dud

Burma Shave

ETA: C'mon, you guys. Improve on this. There're other rhymes for dud.

If you would ruin a man's character, let him seize power.

Last edited by sackett; 13th October 2021 at 07:37 AM.
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics