ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags fleetwood mac , musicians , obituaries , Peter Green , singers

Old 25th July 2020, 03:02 PM   #1
bluesjnr
Professional Nemesis for Hire

Peter Green

For the first time in many, many years I cried tonight when I heard that Peter Green (Greenbaum) has died. A troubled man I had the very great privilege to meet back in the day and the only man ever to give B.B. King (another great I've met and who holds my No 1 spot) the sweats. It's early Fleetwood Mac at full volume and thank **** I live in the middle of nowhere tonight!

Last edited by bluesjnr; 25th July 2020 at 03:13 PM.
bluesjnr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2020, 03:06 PM   #2
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th July 2020, 08:31 PM   #3
Athyrio
Hipster Doofus

That video did take me back. Thanks Captain.
Old 26th July 2020, 01:18 AM   #4
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

He was great. I loved Peter Green numbers: such groovy melodies and memorable riffs. Now he is gigging in the sky with Syd Barrett with trips to Heave and Ho and the green manalishi with a two-prong crown.

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to.

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th July 2020, 02:19 PM   #5
wasapi
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bluesjnr View Post
For the first time in many, many years I cried tonight when I heard that Peter Green (Greenbaum) has died. A troubled man I had the very great privilege to meet back in the day and the only man ever to give B.B. King (another great I've met and who holds my No 1 spot) the sweats. It's early Fleetwood Mac at full volume and thank **** I live in the middle of nowhere tonight!
Sweet post, bluesjnr. Interesting that you say he was "a troubled man". It seems that many creative people are "troubled". I don't know why, but Peter Green is an example. RIP Peter.
Old 26th July 2020, 02:28 PM   #6
bluesjnr
Professional Nemesis for Hire

Originally Posted by wasapi View Post
Sweet post, bluesjnr. Interesting that you say he was "a troubled man". It seems that many creative people are "troubled". I don't know why, but Peter Green is an example. RIP Peter.
Old 30th July 2020, 06:18 PM   #7
Red Baron Farms
Philosopher

The main thing he had that was completely unique was that tone of his modified guitar. I once saw a whole documentary on him and that tone and how others tried and failed to achieve it.
RIP
"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system." Bill Mollison
Biome Carbon Cycle Management
Red Baron Farms is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2020, 11:16 AM   #8
Manger Douse
Critical Thinker

Anyone else feel like Fleetwood Mac were having a bit of a Renaissance over the last few years? I got into them through my parents (I was born in 78) but over the last ten years I was constantly hearing them played after hours and there were cool remixes coming out - been expecting them to headline Glastonbury for the last ten years and I'd have fought my way to the front at the Pyramid Stage to see them play
Manger Douse is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th August 2020, 06:47 AM   #9
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

When Carlos Santana listens to Green's solo in Black Magic Woman, he should melt into a puddle of I'm Not Worthy.
Old 5th August 2020, 02:56 AM   #10
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Santana has said that Pete Green is one of his biggest influences.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events