IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 9th May 2022, 11:07 PM   #121
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Sad. I almost feel sorry for her. But not too sorry. She is the author of her own downfall.
Old 10th May 2022, 12:53 AM   #122
bluesjnr
Professional Nemesis for Hire

What a waste of a life that, up until she met him, seemed to be on the rails.

True love eh?
Old 10th May 2022, 02:30 AM   #123
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

The heart wants what it wants I suppose. But sometimes the brain has to overrule the heart.
Old 10th May 2022, 06:29 AM   #124
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Find it funny the statement they got from the Sheriff:

"....It's hard to believe they've been here that many days, but we're lucky that we stumbled upon them today......,"

Good to know it was great police work that resulted in them being captured!
Old 10th May 2022, 06:31 AM   #125
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

♪♪♪♪♪ The road goes on forever and the party never ends ♪♪♪♪♪
Old 10th May 2022, 06:34 AM   #126
catsmate
No longer the 1

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Catsmate suggests this view has now been debunked.
It was debunked decades ago, soon after it was hypothesised. Why did you find it necessary to quote that dubious, and utterly false, material?
As human right is always something given, it always in reality reduces to the right which men give, "concede," to each other. If the right to existence is conceded to new-born children, then they have the right; if it is not conceded to them, as was the case among the Spartans and ancient Romans, then they do not have it. For only society can give or concede it to them; they themselves cannot take it, or give it to themselves.
catsmate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2022, 06:36 AM   #127
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
It was debunked decades ago, soon after it was hypothesised. Why did you find it necessary to quote that dubious, and utterly false, material?
"Uh sir, phrenology was dismissed as quackery 160 years ago."
"Of course you'd say that! You have the brainpan of a stagecoach tilter!"
Old 10th May 2022, 06:52 AM   #128
RecoveringYuppy
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by catsmate View Post
I cited a link showing it's not debunked (after correcting the XYY vs XXY typo). What are you citing to contradict that?
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2022, 07:13 AM   #129
plague311
Great minds think...

I'm going to remain slightly skeptical on the "killed herself" part. Something about:

Quote:
One law enforcement source told CBS News that as investigators took Casey White into custody, he said, "She shot herself. I did not do it.
Seems like maybe something he'd say if he, like, you know, did it. She could have been fighting with him to pull over, or something like that.

Either way, she won't be able to tell us. As someone said, that sucks for her. Was a great person and employee up until this guy. Could have lived out the rest of her days relaxing somewhere. Waddling too and fro.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2022, 07:16 AM   #130
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
Sad. I almost feel sorry for her. But not too sorry. She is the author of her own downfall.
To be fair, she was a jailer. Nothing of value was lost.
Old 10th May 2022, 07:28 AM   #131
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
You don't think men like Casey White should be in jail?
Old 10th May 2022, 07:32 AM   #132
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Puppycow View Post
You don't think men like Casey White should be in jail?
Not much of a gotcha cause she failed in that regard too
Old 10th May 2022, 07:32 AM   #133
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
I'm going to remain slightly skeptical on the "killed herself" part. Something about:

Seems like maybe something he'd say if he, like, you know, did it. She could have been fighting with him to pull over, or something like that.

Either way, she won't be able to tell us. As someone said, that sucks for her. Was a great person and employee up until this guy. Could have lived out the rest of her days relaxing somewhere. Waddling too and fro.
Sadly the only reason I disagree with you is the fact that they have absolutely zero reason to lie about or hide the fact that they shot her if that's how the events played out.
Old 10th May 2022, 07:35 AM   #134
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Presumably police would have run a GSR test on both her and Casey, which would clear that right up?

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2022, 08:29 AM   #135
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Sadly the only reason I disagree with you is the fact that they have absolutely zero reason to lie about or hide the fact that they shot her if that's how the events played out.
Oh I don't think the cops did it, but I'd be open to believing that he did it.

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Presumably police would have run a GSR test on both her and Casey, which would clear that right up?
Only if one of them has none on their hands. I'm not sure how the vehicle chase went down. If there were shots fired, or if they had been shooting already.

They're scheduling an autopsy for today. I'll wait to see what they say.

He also referred to her as "my wife":

Quote:
The U.S. Marshals Service said when Casey White came out of the car, he exclaimed: "Please help my wife. She just shot herself in the head, and I didn’t do it."
It's just an odd choice of words, but if I was involved in that situation I don't know that I'd be speaking clearly. We'll see what the autopsy says.

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2022, 09:07 AM   #136
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

//crazy theory//

Quickie marriage so one or both of them could (try to) invoke spousal privileges in court?
Old 10th May 2022, 09:22 AM   #137
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Also, "wife" may have been a Hail Mary distraction on the off chance the police didn't know who they really were and were chasing them on something else.

Or, dude was nuts (long shot, I know) and considered she and he spiritually bonded or some crazy ****.

Eta: a legit quickie marriage might be problematic from an ID point of view

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain

Last edited by Thermal; 10th May 2022 at 09:24 AM.
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2022, 09:29 AM   #138
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
//crazy theory//

Quickie marriage so one or both of them could (try to) invoke spousal privileges in court?
I'm not sure it would really help all that much. It might help her I guess, if he didn't have to testify to anything she did, but usually you don't intend on getting caught so you don't take steps for afterwards.

She was hit with a few fraud charges.

I don't think she really knew anything that would help him with the bulk of his problems. He was already serving 75 years and facing the death penalty. The breaking out charge was pretty "meh" in comparison to that.

I really think her actions were drastic. The charge she was facing was a max of 10 years, and $10k. Considering everything about her I'd be shocked if she got more than some home monitoring and probation. She took the extreme way out, tough for her.

Old 10th May 2022, 09:39 AM   #139
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
AJAB?
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2022, 10:27 AM   #140
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Some more minor details starting to come to light.

- Vicki White was on the phone with 911 during some or all of the chase. The details of that call have not, at this time to the best of my knowledge, been made public.
- Casey White has waived an extradiction hearing, saying he "wants to go back to Arkansas."
- Several weapons, wigs, and about 29,000 dollars in cash were on the couple's person or in the vehicle when they were captured.
Old 10th May 2022, 10:33 AM   #141
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Wigs make sense. Rule number one in ducking out of sight is to look different. Thets what blew me away about the car wash pic. He looked exactly the prison pic of him that was circulating, tats exposed and the works.

Old 10th May 2022, 10:54 AM   #142
plague311
Great minds think...

Her being on the phone with 9/11 is curious. It took them being hit to stop, so I can't imagine they were really haggling on the phone for surrender details. Maybe he shot her in the head because she called the cops?

They really tore through cash if she had the $90k that was reported earlier. About $60k in 10ish days? Although, it looks like they purchased a total of 3 vehicles, unless one was stolen. I suppose that adds up.

I'm a little surprised at how little distance they covered. In 10 days I would have been at a dock or somewhere trying to use some of that cash to get me the hell out of there, or gone all Ruby Ridge on it and hidden out in a cabin in the woods.

Last edited by plague311; 10th May 2022 at 11:11 AM.
Old 10th May 2022, 11:12 AM   #143
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Her being on the phone with 9/11 is curious. It took them being hit to stop, so I can't imagine they were really haggling on the phone for surrender details. Maybe he shot her in the head because she called the cops?

They really tore through cash if she had the $90k that was reported earlier. About $60k in 10ish days? Although, it looks like they purchased a total of 3 vehicles, unless one was stolen. I suppose that adds up.
I would expect that at least some cash was put in an electronically accessed place, so if you had to dump the car and run, you wouldn't be out the whole kitty. And definitely using burner cars, not $10k+ vehicles that you were planning to abandon soon.

Quote:
I'm a little surprised at how little distance they covered. In 10 days I would have been at a dock or somewhere trying to use some of that cash to get me the hell out of there somewhere, or gone all Ruby Ridge on it and hidden out in a cabin in the woods.
This. A carefully planned bug out cabin retreat and getting there faster would have been key to pulling this off. And wearing a hat and long sleeve shirt or something at the car wash.

Old 10th May 2022, 11:38 AM   #144
plague311
Great minds think...

I would expect that at least some cash was put in an electronically accessed place, so if you had to dump the car and run, you wouldn't be out the whole kitty. And definitely using burner cars, not $10k+ vehicles that you were planning to abandon soon.
From what I've read she withdrew a total of $90k from area banks. That's what she had in cash. He said he paid for 14 days of a hotel room, which I'd assume was in the $500-700 range (weekly rates are in the $300 range up here), and they bought a total of 3 vehicles. I didn't catch the age of the Cadillac but the SUV and the Ford F-150 had to be in the $5k/per vehicle range.

I assumed they'd stay as far away from electronic banking as possible since neither really had a valid ID to use to open up an account, getting a pre-paid card would expose them pretty easily.

I don't think they intended on abandoning any of the cars. The first one had mechanical issues (I think) and the second I'd think they planned to keep if they were washing it. Then they were caught with $30k. By my math, even in the best case scenario, that leaves about $30k+ missing after minor deductions for dope wigs, and hair dye.

This. A carefully planned bug out cabin retreat and getting there faster would have been key to pulling this off. And wearing a hat and long sleeve shirt or something at the car wash.
Pretty much. Make sure there's a garage or building of some form to stash whatever vehicle you have from flyovers, and really lay low for few days. He did say they were trying to lay low but you usually don't do that within a days ride from the place you bailed from. If I ever end up going to prison again this has really taught me a lot lol.

Old 10th May 2022, 12:28 PM   #145
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

From what I've read she withdrew a total of $90k from area banks. That's what she had in cash. He said he paid for 14 days of a hotel room, which I'd assume was in the $500-700 range (weekly rates are in the $300 range up here), and they bought a total of 3 vehicles. I didn't catch the age of the Cadillac but the SUV and the Ford F-150 had to be in the $5k/per vehicle range.

I assumed they'd stay as far away from electronic banking as possible since neither really had a valid ID to use to open up an account, getting a pre-paid card would expose them pretty easily.

I don't think they intended on abandoning any of the cars. The first one had mechanical issues (I think) and the second I'd think they planned to keep if they were washing it. Then they were caught with $30k. By my math, even in the best case scenario, that leaves about $30k+ missing after minor deductions for dope wigs, and hair dye.

Pretty much. Make sure there's a garage or building of some form to stash whatever vehicle you have from flyovers, and really lay low for few days. He did say they were trying to lay low but you usually don't do that within a days ride from the place you bailed from. If I ever end up going to prison again this has really taught me a lot lol.
Entirely possible that if they had $60,000 in cash when apprehended, it could turn into $30,000 once the police "counted" it.

No Klingon would put up with the GOP's ********.

When you least expect it... EXPECT IT!
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th May 2022, 12:47 PM   #146
plague311
Great minds think...

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Entirely possible that if they had $60,000 in cash when apprehended, it could turn into $30,000 once the police "counted" it.
Sure, anything is possible.

Old 10th May 2022, 12:49 PM   #147
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Cop: "Sir we found 60,000 dollars in cash."
Captain: "Did you say 45,000 dollars in cash?"
Cop: "Yes Sir, 30,000 dollars in cash."

(Stolen from a meme with the same joke but with marijuana I saw once)
Old 11th May 2022, 12:54 AM   #148
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
And…Ms. White has died.
Oh dear. So she never made it to the 'trials and errors' thread. Bye then, Vicky White.

Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2022, 12:56 AM   #149
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Oh I don't think the cops did it, but I'd be open to believing that he did it.

Only if one of them has none on their hands. I'm not sure how the vehicle chase went down. If there were shots fired, or if they had been shooting already.

They're scheduling an autopsy for today. I'll wait to see what they say.

He also referred to her as "my wife":

It's just an odd choice of words, but if I was involved in that situation I don't know that I'd be speaking clearly. We'll see what the autopsy says.
She probably called herself that.

Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2022, 12:57 AM   #150
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

I'm not sure it would really help all that much. It might help her I guess, if he didn't have to testify to anything she did, but usually you don't intend on getting caught so you don't take steps for afterwards.

She was hit with a few fraud charges.

I don't think she really knew anything that would help him with the bulk of his problems. He was already serving 75 years and facing the death penalty. The breaking out charge was pretty "meh" in comparison to that.

I really think her actions were drastic. The charge she was facing was a max of 10 years, and $10k. Considering everything about her I'd be shocked if she got more than some home monitoring and probation. She took the extreme way out, tough for her.
Not really. She was a complete control freak IMV.

Old 11th May 2022, 12:58 AM   #151
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Wigs make sense. Rule number one in ducking out of sight is to look different. Thets what blew me away about the car wash pic. He looked exactly the prison pic of him that was circulating, tats exposed and the works.
He is not very bright.

Old 11th May 2022, 01:07 AM   #152
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Police body cam of the arrest here (English subtitles available).

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Police Bodycam Footage of Casey & Vicky White Arrest & Crash Site. Evansville Indiana!

Old 11th May 2022, 01:13 AM   #153
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Brian Entin
@BrianEntin
Casey White leaving Lauderdale County Courthouse - going to state prison.
https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/statu...59nae5mk8LOfhg

He didn't like State Prison. Casey Cole White wanted a county jail. Back to square one.

Old 11th May 2022, 08:30 PM   #154
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Police body cam of the arrest here (English subtitles available).

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Police Bodycam Footage of Casey & Vicky White Arrest & Crash Site. Evansville Indiana!
Fox News Digital made a public records request and got the recorded audio of a 911 call Vicky White made in the moments before the high speed chase ended in disaster. You can hear the 911 operator answering the call and White (who never responds to the 911 operator) yelling, "The air bags are gonna kill us!" It sounds like she's saying they should "get out and run." The cell phone she was using remains on for over six minutes and you can hear the voices of the police arriving at the scene. It's kind of an audio overlay for the body cam video linked by Vixen.

The audio isn't too clear but you can hear one of the officers, trying to extricate White from the wrecked vehicle, exclaim, "She's got a gun in her hand." That "her trigger finger is on the trigger." Pretty amazing stuff. Below is a link to an MSN news report that includes the audio.

MSN report
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2022, 09:15 PM   #155
mgidm86
Philosopher

Good riddance, next story!
Old 13th May 2022, 03:30 AM   #156
wobs
Master Poster

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
Exactly the same thing happened in Australia. Female prison guard helps hardened criminal lover escape.

They literally blasted their way out with explosives

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Gibb
Or they could be a Prison Teacher:
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...eacher-jailed/
I remember this one happening, what with her prestending she had a bomb in her car.

Quote:
The court had been told that McAllister and Hardy, of Chaucer Street,

Hull, had walked out of jail together through 10 security gates without

being challenged. Then, to give him time to escape, she staged a bomb

hoax at a supermarket with a device made out of Smarties tubes, masking

tape, compost, and a calculator.

The dangerous fugitive was recaptured five days later after an armed

raid on a house in Morden, Surrey.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events