IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 16th May 2022, 06:32 AM   #1
Hercules56
Master Poster

Is there anything to "Replacement Theory"?

Seems "true" Replacement Theorists believe there is an attempt at white genocide, by means of non-white immigration, inter-racial marriages, low birth rate amongst white couples, etc. Obviously its silly.

But what if Replacement Theory is about politics rather than race?

What if there is a not so secret attempt to turn Red states purple and even Blue, by means of illegal immigration and eventual amnesty which provides citizenship and voting rights to tens of millions of illegals?

There is some basis for such a theory. There is some basis for thinking that one of the agendas of liberal attitudes towards illegal immigration on the southern border is to bring in lots of folks from communities that traditionally vote Blue and use them to help swing elections.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rple/81224392/

Majority of Hispanics vote Democrat. Everyone knows this. Not too crazy to see how amnesty and voting rights for 13 million illegals could definitely help turn some Red states purple, especially of the folks who gave them their amnesty and voting rights are Democrats.

Is this paranoid thinking? Democrats would never dare think of such a hush-hush strategy to win national elections? I dont think it is. I myself am a Democrat and could definitely see this as being a long-term goal of refusing to do hard core enforcement at the border. Obviously building a border barrier would make such a goal harder, which I believe is partially why there was such anger at the idea of Trump's wall. Although the Democrats did almost give Trump his wall, in exchange for DACA, which Trump refused.
Hercules56 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2022, 06:34 AM   #2
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Yes, racism.

Eta: Have you never heard of Florida?

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.

Last edited by Dr. Keith; 16th May 2022 at 06:35 AM.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2022, 06:39 AM   #3
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

No there's no good version of a violent racist death fantasy.

So there's no good reason to go looking for one.
Old 16th May 2022, 06:40 AM   #4
BobTheCoward
Suspended

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
No there's no good version of a violent racist death fantasy.

So there's no good reason to go looking for one.
"interesting intellectual exercise" is all the reason I need.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2022, 06:41 AM   #5
Hercules56
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
Yes, racism.

Eta: Have you never heard of Florida?
Florida seems to be an exceptional case as most Cubans were fleeing Communism.

Most Hispanic immigrants these days are not.

Democrats assume amnesty will eventually pass, and they will reap the political benefits. I can just imagine the campaign ads:

"we gave u citizenship, now dont forget us at the polls".
Hercules56 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2022, 06:41 AM   #6
SuburbanTurkey

Originally Posted by Hercules56 View Post
Seems "true" Replacement Theorists believe there is an attempt at white genocide, by means of non-white immigration, inter-racial marriages, low birth rate amongst white couples, etc. Obviously its silly.

What if there is a not so secret attempt to turn Red states purple and even Blue, by means of illegal immigration and eventual amnesty which provides citizenship and voting rights to tens of millions of illegals?

There is some basis for such a theory. There is some basis for thinking that one of the agendas of liberal attitudes towards illegal immigration on the southern border is to bring in lots of folks from communities that traditionally vote Blue and use them to help swing elections.

Majority of Hispanics vote Democrat. Everyone knows this. Not too crazy to see how amnesty and voting rights for 13 million illegals could definitely help turn some Red states purple, especially of the folks who gave them their amnesty and voting rights are Democrats.

Is this paranoid thinking? Democrats would never dare think of such a hush-hush strategy to win national elections? I dont think it is. I myself am a Democrat and could definitely see this as being a long-term goal of refusing to do hard core enforcement at the border. Obviously building a border barrier would make such a goal harder, which I believe is partially why there was such anger at the idea of Trump's wall. Although the Democrats did almost give Trump his wall, in exchange for DACA, which Trump refused.
The base assumption is that the right will never divorce itself from explicitly racist and nationalistic positions which means immigrants will overwhelmingly support their opposition.

It's probably worth asking why immigration is bad for Republicans. Many immigrants are coming from more socially conservative countries that might align with many conservative values if it weren't for the overt racism that is a central plank of the American right political platform.

For this CT to have any merit, you also have to assume that Democrats are somehow open-border extremists, when in observed reality their policies do not differ significantly from those of Republicans (with the exception of stupid vanity projects like the wall). Obama was labeled the "deporter in chief" by activists, and liberals have already forgotten about "kids in cages" now that it's their guy running the camps.

You also can't divorce "Replacement Theory" ideas from the anti-semitism and anti-black racism that has been at its core for generations now. This newest iteration isn't meaningfully different from the crap that inspired white nationalist dreck for decades now, such as in "The Turner Diaries". These freaks are as much concerned about non-white populations that have been in the US for as long as proper white people have as they are about immigrants.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 16th May 2022 at 06:50 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2022, 06:48 AM   #7
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Democrats assume amnesty will eventually pass, and they will reap the political benefits. I can just imagine the campaign ads:

Florida is one of the most populous states in the union, hardly an outlier.

Then head to south Texas. Many, many rural Hispanics are staunchly pro-life and very conservative.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2022, 06:51 AM   #8
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

*snip*

I can't see what is paranoid about it. Any political party or movement will want to support their supporters. That is sort of the whole idea. And some political movements are, to various degrees, sympathetic to immigration. And, obviously, most immigrants will tend to support such groups.

Replacement theory is the idea that you want somehow do away with certain parts of a population and insert others in their place. That's a different thing from thinking that there should be room for, ideally all, groups.

Hans
Old 16th May 2022, 06:51 AM   #9
Hercules56
Master Poster

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
The base assumption is that the right will never divorce itself from explicitly racist and nationalistic positions which means immigrants will overwhelmingly support their opposition.

It's probably worth asking why immigration is bad for Republicans. Many immigrants are coming from more socially conservative countries that might align with many conservative values if it weren't for the overt racism that is a central plank of the American right political platform.

For this CT to have any merit, you also have to assume that Democrats are somehow open-border extremists, when in observed reality their policies do not differ significantly from those of Republicans (with the exception of stupid vanity projects like the wall). Obama was labeled the "deporter in chief", and liberals have already forgotten about "kids in cages" now that it's their guy running the camps.

You also can't divorce "Replacement Theory" ideas from the anti-semitism and anti-black racism that has been at its core for generations now. This newest iteration isn't meaningfully different from the crap that inspired white nationalist dreck for decades now, such as in "The Turner Diaries".
Many Democrats do pretty much believe in open-borders.

They believe all illegals detained in the USA should be released with a pending court date, with no control over where they go after they are released. If they don't come to their court hearing, oh well. They will just live & work in the USA until the next big amnesty bill is passed by Congress.

Many on the far-Left also believe that Mexicans have the historic right to come to the southwest USA, as it used to be part of Mexico. They also see Latin American migration to the USA and citizenship as a form of reperations for past American involvement in Latin American affairs. The DSA literally calls for no borders.
Old 16th May 2022, 06:52 AM   #10
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

So this is your conspiracy theory.
Old 16th May 2022, 06:55 AM   #11
Hercules56
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
So this is your conspiracy theory.
Yes kinda.

Now whether or not more Latin immigrants will actually fulfill the Democrats agenda remains to be seen. I read that its not working exactly as planned in Texas, but it has worked well in California.
Old 16th May 2022, 06:56 AM   #12
SuburbanTurkey

Considering our most recent shooter (and killers before) targeted black people, a population that stopped mass immigrating to the US when the slave trade was outlawed centuries ago, focusing strictly on immigration across the southern border is overlooking the racist white-anxiety that is the root of the ideology.

Great Replacement theory isn't strictly about immigration, it's about white anxiety more broadly.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2022, 06:57 AM   #13
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Only the Right could turn "The other side doesn't treat an entire demographic like crap" into a conspiracy theory.

Yes the Left doesn't call everyone who isn't a waspy old money what man a rapist, killer, or subhuman. It's SOOOOOO unfair that that loses the Right some votes.
Old 16th May 2022, 07:00 AM   #14
Hercules56
Master Poster

Only the Right could turn "The other side doesn't treat an entire demographic like crap" into a conspiracy theory.

Yes the Left doesn't call everyone who isn't a waspy old money what man a rapist, killer, or subhuman. It's SOOOOOO unfair that that loses the Right some votes.
Its true, the GOP could attempt to embrace Latin immigrants with Conservative social values. Im sure many of them are not a big fan of gay/transgender and abortion politics, as it is very against their Catholic beliefs.
Old 16th May 2022, 07:03 AM   #15
Olmstead
Graduate Poster

This idea is ridiculous, but even if were true, so what? The US immigration policy doesn't have a political quota, and it's against the law to prevent immigration due to beliefs.
Olmstead is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2022, 07:05 AM   #16
Hercules56
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Olmstead View Post
This idea is ridiculous, but even if were true, so what? The US immigration policy doesn't have a political quota, and it's against the law to prevent immigration due to beliefs.
Using immigration to change the political dynamics of a country is pretty dispicable.
Old 16th May 2022, 07:07 AM   #17
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Using immigration to change the political dynamics of a country is pretty dispicable.
I'm going to regret this buy why?
Old 16th May 2022, 07:07 AM   #18
Hercules56
Master Poster

Personally I don't care if the USA and Canada lose their white majority. We are immigrant nations, taken by brutal conquest of non-white natives. Maybe its karma.

European states, however, I believe have every right to have immigration laws that work to maintain their ethnic or even racial majorities, if they so choose.

Japan does it, South Korea does it, Taiwan does it, so why not Denmark and Ireland?
Old 16th May 2022, 07:08 AM   #19
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Personally I don't care if the USA and Canada lose their white majority.
Yeah I too always start threads about things I don't care about.
Old 16th May 2022, 07:08 AM   #20
Olmstead
Graduate Poster

Who would be doing that? Any immigrant arrives by their own free will. No one is driving around Mexico with a truck looking for progressives.
Olmstead is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2022, 07:09 AM   #21
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

The entire concept is based on false premises, which is the way Racists like it.

- Emo Philips
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2022, 07:09 AM   #22
Hercules56
Master Poster

Whu would be doing that? Any immigrant arrives by their own free will. No one is driving around Mexico with a truck looking for progressives.
I believe that its assumed that Latin immigrants will vote Blue, as its the Democrats who have been pushing for lax border enforcement and amnesty.
Old 16th May 2022, 07:09 AM   #23
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

No one is driving around Mexico with a truck looking for progressives.
Not according to the Right.
Old 16th May 2022, 07:10 AM   #24
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

No Fox Fraud News just picked it Up from Jerome Corsi, and the Crazy Minute man Milita Movement and it spread like wild fire among Alt Right Militia Movement Conspiracy theorists.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2022, 07:10 AM   #25
Hercules56
Master Poster

Yeah I too always start threads about things I don't care about.
This thread really isn't about this. Its about a political replacement theory, not racial.
Old 16th May 2022, 07:11 AM   #26
SuburbanTurkey

Considering our most recent shooter (and killers before) targeted black people, a population that stopped mass immigrating to the US when the slave trade was outlawed centuries ago, focusing strictly on immigration across the southern border is overlooking the racist white-anxiety that is the root of the ideology.

Great Replacement theory isn't strictly about immigration, it's about white anxiety more broadly.
Hercules, it would be nice if you addressed this. Great Replacement racists are just as anxious about the black population, which are as deep-rooted in this country and American as anyone else (bar Native Americans).

Focusing entirely on immigration is eliding a pretty important element of this racist, white-nationalist CT.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 16th May 2022 at 07:17 AM.
Old 16th May 2022, 07:11 AM   #27
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

This thread really isn't about this. Its about a political replacement theory, not racial.
Same Cookie.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2022, 07:11 AM   #28
Hercules56
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
No Fox Fraud News just picked it Up from Jerome Corsi, and the Crazy Minute man Milita Movement and it spread like wild fire among Alt Right Militia Movement Conspiracy theorists.
Its not a major secret that Democrats are hoping that amnesty and immigration will eventually turn some Red states purple, or blue. Have to be kinda blind and deaf to have not noticed this over the last few decades.
Old 16th May 2022, 07:11 AM   #29
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Also let's be honest Democrats going "LOL we've got this election in the bag because we have all of [minority demographic X] in the bag!" and then losing isn't exactly a rare occurrence.

As with all of these type of conspiracy theories the conspiracy doesn't actually seem to be working with any type of gran efficiency
Old 16th May 2022, 07:13 AM   #30
shuttlt
Philosopher

It's one of these weird things. If you are in favour of this demographic shift then you can celebrate it in the NYT. If you against it, then you are a white supremacist conspiracy theorist.
shuttlt is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2022, 07:16 AM   #31
Hercules56
Master Poster

Originally Posted by shuttlt View Post
It's one of these weird things. If you are in favour of this demographic shift then you can celebrate it in the NYT. If you against it, then you are a white supremacist conspiracy theorist.
I know some people want the USA to keep its white majority, but they usually have basically racist or nationalist reasons for this. Its not like our immigration laws favor any specific race. They certainly do NOT favor non-whites, as very often European nations are on the diversity lottery.

Illegal immigration does favor non-whites, but that's just by accident. Its not America's fault that many Latin nations are full of poverty and social decay. Will white supremacists jump for joy if illegals start flooding from Uruguay and Argentina, with their large white populations? I guess.

Last edited by Hercules56; 16th May 2022 at 07:17 AM.
Old 16th May 2022, 07:16 AM   #32
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Yes. Being racist is less socially acceptable then being not racist.

Next I can teach you not to touch the hot stove and if that goes well we can move on to shapes and colors.
Old 16th May 2022, 07:17 AM   #33
shuttlt
Philosopher

Its not a major secret that Democrats are hoping that amnesty and immigration will eventually turn some Red states purple, or blue. Have to be kinda blind and deaf to have not noticed this over the last few decades.
It's kind of similar to the situation around Bloody Kansas. Once you start using immigration to swing elections your going in a bad direction.
shuttlt is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th May 2022, 07:18 AM   #34
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Or simply want to see your evidence.
Old 16th May 2022, 07:18 AM   #35
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by shuttlt View Post
It's kind of similar to the situation around Bloody Kansas. Once you start using immigration to swing elections your going in a bad direction.
Right. Which is why I'm sure you support only Native Americans voting and holding political office.
Old 16th May 2022, 07:19 AM   #36
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

I know some people want the USA to keep its white majority, but they usually have basically racist or nationalist reasons for this. Its not like our immigration laws favor any specific race. They certainly do NOT favor non-whites, as very often European nations are on the diversity lottery.

Illegal immigration does favor non-whites, but that's just by accident. Its not America's fault that many Latin nations are full of poverty and social decay. Will white supremacists jump for joy if illegals start flooding from Uruguay and Argentina, with their large white populations? I guess.
I thought most illegals came via south American countries?
Old 16th May 2022, 07:20 AM   #37
Hercules56
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Or simply want to see your evidence.
As my father used to say "maybe so, maybe not".

Old 16th May 2022, 07:20 AM   #38
SuburbanTurkey

Its not America's fault that many Latin nations are full of poverty and social decay.
Bit of a derail, but you might want to look into the history of many of these desperately poor Central and South American countries a bit more closely. You might find that American influence often has a lot to do with why mass exodus is occurring there.
Old 16th May 2022, 07:21 AM   #39
Hercules56
Master Poster

Bit of a derail, but you might want to look into the history of many of these desperately poor Central and South American countries a bit more closely. You might find that American influence often has a lot to do with why mass exodus is occurring there.
Yes I have heard this. Are there any threads about this?
Old 16th May 2022, 07:24 AM   #40
SuburbanTurkey

Yes I have heard this. Are there any threads about this?
I'm not sure why there would be. America's use of soft and hard power over our Southern neighbors is not really that hotly contested anymore. It's not even "conspiracy theory", but more accepted fact including by key players like the CIA and State Department. The historical record is out there for anyone to read. Fire up Wikipedia if you want to know more.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories