IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , Coronavirus conspiracies , diseases , medical conspiracies

Old 29th March 2022, 02:22 AM   #401
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
IIRC (and I certainly can't be bothered to go back to look it up) he did link to reports of named people dying unexpectedly. Needless to say he provided no evidence whatsoever that these deaths were linked with the vaccine, nor that there have been any more such deaths since the vaccine was rolled out than prior to it, and ignored posts pointing this out.
Actually, I don't think he has named anyone that's died from tiny razor blades.
I've just done a search of this thread, and there was one video that talked about unexpected deaths among children- but no mention of tiny razor blades- and some quotes from the Qur'an. And that's it.
He's not even trying to support these claims. It's just snarky waffle.

'Of course it can be OK to mistreat people.'- shuttlt
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th March 2022, 02:50 AM   #402
Carrot Flower King
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Last weekend, I was at the airport, and went through the metal detector.
If I was full of tiny razor blades, I should have set off every alarm in the place. Instead, I walked straight through without so much as a beep.
I'm also lean.
Emre, have you considered the possibility that this claim is complete bollocks?
No, of course not.
But that just proves that the razor blades are made of titanium, don't you see? It's why your weight hasn't shot up, what with being full of razor blades...
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th March 2022, 02:51 AM   #403
Carrot Flower King
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
Been a while since my booster shot. My cardiologist says my heart function has improved.

Guess the anti-vaxx crowd was wrong.
Is that not because the razor blades have cleaned a load of gunk out of arteries?

(Yes, I know, that only works in ischaemic problems...)
Carrot Flower King is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th March 2022, 04:41 AM   #404
Emre_1974tr
Muse

Its other name is graphene.

And;

https://goodsciencing.com/covid/athl...er-covid-shot/
Emre_1974tr is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th March 2022, 05:18 AM   #405
Foster Zygote
Dental Floss Tycoon

Emre, have you considered the possibility that this claim is complete bollocks?
Has he ever?
Counterbalance in the little town of Ridgeview, Ohio. Two people permanently enslaved by the tyranny of fear and superstitution, facing the future with a kind of helpless dread. Two others facing the future with confidence - having escaped one of the darker places of the Twilight Zone.
Foster Zygote is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th March 2022, 06:17 AM   #406
Blue Mountain
Resident Skeptical Hobbit

Originally Posted by Emre_1974tr View Post
goodsciencing.com has possibly the worst grade that MediaBiasFactCheck can give:

Originally Posted by MediaBiasFactCheck
QUESTIONABLE SOURCE

Overall, we rate Real Science (goodsciencing.com) right biased and Questionable based on the promotion of quackery level pseudoscience, the use of poor sources, propaganda, failed fact checks, and a complete lack of transparency.

Questionable Reasoning: Propaganda, Pseudoscience, Poor Sourcing, Failed Fact Checks, Lack of Transparency
Bias Rating: EXTREME RIGHT
Factual Reporting: VERY LOW
MBFC Credibility Rating: LOW CREDIBILITY
Sadly, it's not surprising you quote them as a source.
The social illusion reigns to-day upon all the heaped-up ruins of the past, and to it belongs the future. The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Gustav Le Bon, The Crowd, 1895 (from the French)
Blue Mountain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th March 2022, 06:33 AM   #407
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

Graphene and razor blades are two very, very different things. However I am not in the least surprised that you cannot comprehend this.
Old 29th March 2022, 06:55 AM   #408
threadworm
Graduate Poster

Its other name is graphene.
No.

Quote:
And no.

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th March 2022, 07:11 AM   #409
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

That article has nothing to do with your claim that vaccines contain tiny razors.
Did you actually read it?

Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th March 2022, 09:05 AM   #410
Carrot Flower King
Master Poster

Useful stuff, graphene, but still pretty expensive and sodding useless for razor blades: just won't take an edge, not matter how hard you strop it...
Old 29th March 2022, 09:24 AM   #411
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

You've been gulled (again) by the media you consume.
Old 29th March 2022, 01:28 PM   #412
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

I just saw a website (sorry, no link, site tossed unheralded) that contended that the vaccines (so called vaccines in scare quotes of course) are 99 percent graphene. I guess that explains why my last booster was done with a hammer. But it's very handy, because now I have only to come close to an electrical outlet and I strike an arc that lights up the whole room. Heeding the sage warnings seen above I am going to take the money I save on flashlight batteries and spend it all on hookers and blow scantily clad nymphs while there's still time.

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th March 2022, 05:54 PM   #413
ZiprHead
Muse

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
I just saw a website (sorry, no link, site tossed unheralded) that contended that the vaccines (so called vaccines in scare quotes of course) are 99 percent graphene. I guess that explains why my last booster was done with a hammer. But it's very handy, because now I have only to come close to an electrical outlet and I strike an arc that lights up the whole room. Heeding the sage warnings seen above I am going to take the money I save on flashlight batteries and spend it all on hookers and blow scantily clad nymphs while there's still time.
So we can successfully vaccinate ourselves with pencil lead? Wutta timesaver.

IIDB is back, baby!
ZiprHead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2022, 01:46 AM   #414
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
99% graphene? That doesn't leave much room for the UFOs, the DNA changing gene therapies, the tiny tentacled aliens and the nanochips, does it?

Old 30th March 2022, 05:38 AM   #415
Steve
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
I (unintentionally) did that twice in elementary school. I was so ahead of the curve.
Old 30th March 2022, 05:42 AM   #416
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I (unintentionally) did that twice in elementary school. I was so ahead of the curve.
Probably the time-travelling nanopatticles in the vaccine.

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2022, 06:42 AM   #417
ZiprHead
Muse

Originally Posted by Steve View Post

IIDB is back, baby!
ZiprHead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2022, 06:47 AM   #418
Manger Douse
Muse

Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
No coincidence that it's really easy to pretend you're injecting lead with one of those propelling pencils
Manger Douse is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2022, 08:41 AM   #419
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Manger Douse View Post
No coincidence that it's really easy to pretend you're injecting lead with one of those propelling pencils
Hah, I have a piece of pencil lead in the palm of my hand lodge there since 5th grade - I am super protected already!
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2022, 01:50 AM   #420
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Blue Mountain View Post
goodsciencing.com has possibly the worst grade that MediaBiasFactCheck can give:

Sadly, it's not surprising you quote them as a source.
It's not surprising, because it seems that failing a fact-check and being given a low rating on fact-checking sites is actually a kind of badge of honour in conspiracy circles.
It's a weird, topsy-turvy way of thinking, that says that it's not wrong, it's just that "they"- or (((they)))- are trying to suppress "the truth".
It's also a lazy way to avoid having to address the rebuttals in any kind of depth.

Old 31st March 2022, 03:31 AM   #421
Susheel
Master Poster

no it isn't...graphene is an allotrope of carbon where atoms are arranged in a single layer. School level science.
Old 31st March 2022, 03:40 AM   #422
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

99% graphene? That doesn't leave much room for the UFOs, the DNA changing gene therapies, the tiny tentacled aliens and the nanochips, does it?
It also doesn't explain how the vials of vaccine looked like clear liquid to me, as opposed to a grey sludge or even dust.

Every year since 1990 the US Public healthcare spending has been greater than the UK as a proportion of GDP. More US Tax goes to healthcare than the UK
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2022, 05:12 AM   #423
Carrot Flower King
Master Poster

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
It also doesn't explain how the vials of vaccine looked like clear liquid to me, as opposed to a grey sludge or even dust.
And imagine the expense of sticking all that graphene in all those vaccinations...Especially after all the time and effort it would take to sharpen graphene into razor blades.
Old 31st March 2022, 05:27 AM   #424
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

They used to talk about recycling old battleships into razor blades. Imagine how many graphs they must have recycled to make all those billions of vaccine shots. Amazing.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2022, 05:31 AM   #425
eerok
Quixoticist

I took a break from trying to get a clean shave from a pencil to notice that, shockingly, the nutbars were (still) wrong (again) about ivermectin (as well).

Ivermectin does not prevent COVID-19 hospitalization, a new study says (npr.org)
Quote:
The anti-parasitic ivermectin doesn't reduce the risk of hospitalization from COVID-19, according to a study published in the New England Journal of Medicine.

The study serves as more evidence for what health professionals have been saying for much of the pandemic: the cow and horse de-wormer shouldn't be used to treat COVID.
No doubt the usual suspects will just accuse Big Sanity of trying to control the narrative.
Old 31st March 2022, 06:11 AM   #426
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Carrot Flower King View Post
And imagine the expense of sticking all that graphene in all those vaccinations...Especially after all the time and effort it would take to sharpen graphene into razor blades.
Almost as difficult as this, perhaps:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Old 31st March 2022, 07:13 PM   #427
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Anti-vax bully gets bullied by COVID.

Quote:
According to this obituary, Wally died on Febuary 3rd, 2022, and according to his GoFundMe the cause was COVID. Now, what's left of Wally's Facebook is simply a bunch of "I trust my immune system" and "I don't care if you're vaccinated" profile frames. Normally, I only post people with these limited anti-vaxx posts who also happen to be Healthcare Professionals. However, someone who knows Wally very well sent me this message and it's the best submission I've gotten. I removed some passages that might have identified this person, but what's left is enough to get the picture:

"This man lived in Bernardsville, NJ his entire life, he bullied the free Covid vaccine clinic in Bernardsville by driving his pickup truck and screaming at anyone who tried to get a vaccine. Wally Harms , the anti-vax menace about town who acted like he was the Mayor (worth noting, this town is right next to Trump Nat'l Golf club in Bedminster, NJ, and Wally was the Pro-Trumo anti-vax poster child . . .
Old 2nd April 2022, 08:52 AM   #428
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Horse paste once again demonstrated to be horse **** in treating COVID-19.

Quote:
March 31, 2022 -- Ivermectin, an anti-parasitic drug that became popular as an alternative treatment for COVID-19, showed no signs of quelling the disease or reducing patients’ risk of hospitalization, according to results from a large clinical trial published in The New England Journal of Medicine.

The findings pretty much rule out the drug as a treatment for COVID-19, the study authors wrote.

“There’s really no sign of any benefit,” David Boulware, MD, one of the co-authors and an infectious disease specialist at the University of Minnesota, told The New York Times.

The researchers found “no important effects” of treatment with ivermectin on the number of days people spent in the hospital, the number of days hospitalized people needed mechanical ventilation, or the risk of death, they wrote.
I'm sure the resident CT-ers will find a way out of this one.
Old 2nd April 2022, 09:31 AM   #429
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Horse paste once again demonstrated to be horse **** in treating COVID-19.

I'm sure the resident CT-ers will find a way out of this one.
Or they'll just ignore it, like they do with every inconvenient piece of evidence.
Plan B, I suppose, is to claim the researchers were paid off, without actually showing any evidence for this- and then ignore it, like they do with every inconvenient piece of evidence.

Old 2nd April 2022, 10:20 AM   #430
KDLarsen
Illuminator

Or they'll just ignore it, like they do with every inconvenient piece of evidence.
Plan B, I suppose, is to claim the researchers were paid off, without actually showing any evidence for this- and then ignore it, like they do with every inconvenient piece of evidence.
Or they'll simply move on to the next wonder-drug du jour. After all, you don't see them hawking hydroxochloroquine much, since it went out of fashion.
KDLarsen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2022, 10:21 AM   #431
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by KDLarsen View Post
Or they'll simply move on to the next wonder-drug du jour. After all, you don't see them hawking hydroxochloroquine much, since it went out of fashion.
Are they still promoting pee-drinking?

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd April 2022, 10:30 AM   #432
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
They should try horse pee! It'll have concentrated ivermectin in it!
Old 2nd April 2022, 10:55 AM   #433
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
I also say that they were inhaling it. Because what could be better to one's mucous membranes than that?

Old 2nd April 2022, 11:25 AM   #434
jnelso99
Graduate Poster

I also say that they were inhaling it. Because what could be better to one's mucous membranes than that?
Enemas.
jnelso99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd April 2022, 12:51 PM   #435
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by jnelso99 View Post
Enemas.
[Nods head ] Hmm you might have a point.

Meanwhile

https://youtu.be/uZvSKauPU1o?t=63 (ETA: YouTube link 63 second in - you only need a few seconds around that for starters)

Antivaxer Dolores Cahill serves notice on Sgt Hugh Shovelin, saying he isn't identifying himself whilst he's actually correcting her spelling of his name.

She's now "in hiding" as a warrant is out for her arrest

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-41515233.html

Last edited by jimbob; 3rd April 2022 at 01:01 PM.
Old 3rd April 2022, 01:16 PM   #436
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

[Nods head ] Hmm you might have a point.

Meanwhile

https://youtu.be/uZvSKauPU1o?t=63 (ETA: YouTube link 63 second in - you only need a few seconds around that for starters)

Antivaxer Dolores Cahill serves notice on Sgt Hugh Shovelin, saying he isn't identifying himself whilst he's actually correcting her spelling of his name.

She's now "in hiding" as a warrant is out for her arrest

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-41515233.html
LOL, she is a nut. But one of my compadres is a tenured professor so I will will check in with him to see if he has any scuttlebutt.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th April 2022, 06:06 PM   #437
Puppycow
Penultimate Amazing

Members tied to QAnon arrested over break-in at vaccine center (The Asahi Shimbun)

Quote:
Tokyo police on April 7 arrested four members of an anti-vaccine, conspiracy group on suspicion of unlawful entry at a health care clinic that has been providing shots against COVID-19.

The Metropolitan Police Department said the four suspects belong to YamatoQ, a group that reportedly calls itself the Japanese wing of U.S. conspiracy cult QAnon.

ETA: I can't quote the whole story, obviously, because of the forum rules, but do follow the link to see just how much *********** is involved.

Last edited by Puppycow; 8th April 2022 at 06:10 PM.
Puppycow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2022, 10:39 PM   #438
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

One thing that's starting to help convince me that the pandemic really is almost over is how quiet this thread has gone.
Old 9th April 2022, 10:42 PM   #439
Cosmic Yak
Philosopher

One thing that's starting to help convince me that the pandemic really is almost over is how quiet this thread has gone.
Maybe. Most of the conspiratorial input wasn't about the pandemic, though, was it? It was about the supposed deadly effects of vaccinations, and the imminent establishment of a global fascist regime, and all that.
Perhaps- and this may be wildly optimistic- the complete absence of those things has led those people to reassess their beliefs.

Old 10th April 2022, 10:17 AM   #440
Hans
Philosopher

It appears so it would might be informative to know how the 1918 one 'disappeared' and see if it is similar?

That and the Ukraine invasion diverted the media.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories