IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags health conspiracies , vaccination , vaccine autism myth , vaccines

Closed Thread
Old 3rd March 2013, 02:22 PM   #4161
r-j
Banned

I clearly stated what I think.

When somebody tries to sell you on "we don't know" in regards to a new disease/condition/malady, unlike anything in history, it has a cause. And it's going to be something people did that caused it.

Our technology isn't some primitive guessing game. In regards to autism, clearly there is a cause, and the foggy mysterious "nobody knows" conversations are the hallmarks of ignorance, not science.

GWS is a fine example of how simple minded some people are in these matters. You have this new malady that strikes a limited population, a healthy population, and then you hear from the authorities it isn't real. Then when it can't be denied, it becomes a mystery.

Exactly like autism.
r-j is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2013, 02:32 PM   #4162
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Question Clayton Moore: Cite the studies showing the links between the MMR jab and autism

Originally Posted by Clayton Moore View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by crhkrebs
Well, we are well past 4,000 posts now.
Has Clayton ever come up with his "evidence" that the MMR vaccine causes autism?
Quite often.
You keep on saying this without actually supporting it so I will see how long it is before you actually support it with real evidence other than your rumor about anecdotes from parents !

Clayton Moore, please cite the valid scientific studies showing the links between the MMR vaccine and autism.
Remember that a valid answer is that there are none.

First asked 4 March 2013 (0 days and counting)

Actually since you wrote this on 31st May 2011
Show me a study of the numbers of autistic children who didn't receive vaccinations.
I should really have: 643 days and counting !

P.S. In case your question has not been answered - there are many such studies. For example, from 2002: A Population-Based Study of Measles, Mumps, and Rubella Vaccination and Autism studied 537,303 Danish children.
Quote:
Of the 537,303 children in the cohort (representing 2,129,864 person-years), 440,655 (82.0 percent) had received the MMR vaccine. We identified 316 children with a diagnosis of autistic disorder and 422 with a diagnosis of other autistic-spectrum disorders. After adjustment for potential confounders, the relative risk of autistic disorder in the group of vaccinated children, as compared with the unvaccinated group, was 0.92 (95 percent confidence interval, 0.68 to 1.24), and the relative risk of another autistic-spectrum disorder was 0.83 (95 percent confidence interval, 0.65 to 1.07). There was no association between the age at the time of vaccination, the time since vaccination, or the date of vaccination and the development of autistic disorder
Or in plainer English, in Time on Nov. 18, 2002
Do Vaccines Cause Autism?
Quote:
The Danish findings, which were published in the New England Journal of Medicine last week, are persuasive for several reasons. Denmark's socialized medical system has generated one of the most complete health records of any country. So the investigators were able to document accurately both sides of the equation: those who were (or were not) vaccinated and those who developed autism. Even when other factors, such as age at vaccination, were taken into account, there was no difference in autism rates between vaccinated and unvaccinated children. There was no clustering of autism diagnoses in the weeks and months after vaccination. There was no difference in the number of diagnoses of other developmental disorders related to autism in the vaccinated and unvaccinated groups.

Last edited by Reality Check; 3rd March 2013 at 02:33 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2013, 02:38 PM   #4163
dafydd
Banned

Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
You keep on saying this without actually supporting it so I will see how long it is before you actually support it with real evidence other than your rumor about anecdotes from parents !

Clayton Moore, please cite the valid scientific studies showing the links between the MMR vaccine and autism.
Remember that a valid answer is that there are none.

First asked 4 March 2013 (0 days and counting)

Actually since you wrote this on 31st May 2011

I should really have: 643 days and counting !

P.S. In case your question has not been answered - there are many such studies. For example, from 2002: A Population-Based Study of Measles, Mumps, and Rubella Vaccination and Autism studied 537,303 Danish children.

Or in plainer English, in Time on Nov. 18, 2002
Do Vaccines Cause Autism?
You are wasting your time. Clayton ignores all real information about this subject and only believes wacko websites and YooToob videos.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2013, 02:40 PM   #4164
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

You should read up on the we can't figure out what caused the GWS.
Clayton Moore.
You should read up on the topic of this thread and that it has nothing to do with your derail of "we can't figure out what caused the GWS". This makes it look like you are unable to tell the difference between autism and GWS.

The next derail about anthrax is even more ridiculous!

Last edited by Reality Check; 3rd March 2013 at 02:41 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2013, 02:40 PM   #4165
jdc324
Muse

Originally Posted by r-j View Post

When somebody tries to sell you on "we don't know" in regards to a new disease/condition/malady, unlike anything in history, it has a cause. And it's going to be something people did that caused it.

Our technology isn't some primitive guessing game. In regards to autism, clearly there is a cause, and the foggy mysterious "nobody knows" conversations are the hallmarks of ignorance, not science.

GWS is a fine example of how simple minded some people are in these matters. You have this new malady that strikes a limited population, a healthy population, and then you hear from the authorities it isn't real. Then when it can't be denied, it becomes a mystery.

Exactly like autism.
I beg to differ. It's not very clear which bits of your posts contain your views and which contain positions you ascribe to others. Nor is it clear what your actual views are. Let alone how you came to them. I'll assume my earlier efforts at working out what your arguments are were pretty much on the mark. That being the case, I can now say: you're talking nonsense. The position you ascribe to others (that nothing bad could even happen, in regards to vaccines) is a straw man rather than the position that posters you disagree with actually hold. Your claim that the purported link between anthrax vaccines and GWS was simply hand-waved away is ludicrous. It was, in fact, carefully researched and found not to have any basis in reality.
Old 3rd March 2013, 02:44 PM   #4166
r-j
Banned

Don't attribute things that I did not say. That is dirty pool and makes you look ignorant. Just quote what you disagree with. Don't make things up. It's against the rules.
r-j is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2013, 02:47 PM   #4167
Dcdrac
Philosopher

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...child-born-hiv

"US doctors cure child born with HIV"

"Doctors in the US have made medical history by effectively curing a child born with HIV, the first time such a case has been documented.

The infant, who is now two and a half, needs no medication for HIV, has a normal life expectancy and is highly unlikely to be infectious to others, doctors believe.

Though medical staff and scientists are unclear why the treatment was effective, the surprise success has raised hopes that the therapy might ultimately help doctors eradicate the virus among newborns.

Doctors did not release the name or sex of the child to protect the patient's identity, but said the infant was born, and lived, in Mississippi state. Details of the case were unveiled on Sunday at the Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections in Atlanta.
Dcdrac is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2013, 02:52 PM   #4168
r-j
Banned

Autism, which the thread clearly is obsessed over, is a very contentious issue. Even the number of cases is foggy and unclear.

Has it increased a lot of late?

Was it as new condition or has it always been around?

What is the medical test to confirm it?

What brain changes are observed during the decline? The cases where children lose the abilities they had?

What causes the seizures?

Why can't anyone state the real rate? If the rate is increasing it's a serious problem, and obviously has a human cause to it.

Are there populations with little or no autism?

Why is it all such a huge mystery?
Old 3rd March 2013, 02:53 PM   #4169
Matthew Cline
Muse

The conspiracy is the absolute insistence that it is a mystery. Like some new virus or bacteria just pops up like magic, for the first time in human history.
Hmmmm, so HIV and the lyme's disease bacteria were created by humans? What else?

Our technology isn't some primitive guessing game.
So what's the maximum amount of time that it should take of scientists to figure something out? That it, at what point has some much time passed that "scientists are still genuinely trying to figure it out" cease to be possible?
Matthew Cline is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2013, 02:57 PM   #4170
Dcdrac
Philosopher

RJ this describes Autism

http://www.autism.org.uk/About-autis...is-autism.aspx
Dcdrac is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2013, 03:02 PM   #4171
jdc324
Muse

Don't attribute things that I did not say. That is dirty pool and makes you look ignorant. Just quote what you disagree with. Don't make things up. It's against the rules.
I asked you for clarification, you said none was needed. I posted what I thought were your positions and you did not correct me.

If I have attributed things to you that you did not intend to convey I'd suggest that you take your share of responsibility for that.

By the way, if you're against making things up, I'm sure you'd now like to retract those things you posted earlier. You know - the bits where you made things up.
Old 3rd March 2013, 03:13 PM   #4172
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

It's obvious, ...
What is obvuous, r-j?
What is obvious to me is that this is a thread about autism. I hope that it is obvious to you as well !
What is obvious to me is that Clayton Moore has been avoiding (for almost 2 years now) the fact that there is no valid evidence linking the MMR vaccine to autism. I hope that it is obvious to you that there is no scientific link !

As for this anthrax stuff - it has been covered before in this thread. Clayton Moore's link is obviously, doubly bad. It is to an anti-vax site that misrepresents the source and displays its paranoia about vaccines (wow - the anthrax vaccine has adverse effects !). As an example of the ignorance of the poeple writing threre - they do not think that any "official" vaccinated vs Unvaccinated studies have been done for autism! As I cited before from 2002: A Population-Based Study of Measles, Mumps, and Rubella Vaccination and Autism studied 537,303 Danish children.
The source is the Washington Post dated October 29, 2011 (Federal advisers endorse testing anthrax vaccine in children). The article is about passing the ethical questions about the issue to another panel over a year ago.

Last edited by Reality Check; 3rd March 2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old 3rd March 2013, 04:50 PM   #4173
Chris Haynes
Perfectly Poisonous Person

It has always been around. See Not Even Wrong and Unstrange Minds.

Quote:
Here is one reason out of many:
http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/d...t_syndrome.htm

Quote:
Because the human brain is very complicated. The more complicated the brain, the more things that can go wrong.

"HCN, I hate you!"
( so sayeth Deetee at http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?p=1077344 )...
What I get for linking to http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/
Chris Haynes is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2013, 06:33 PM   #4174
Arisia
Graduate Poster

Cancer has been around for quite a while, and we still haven't figured out how to cure it, only treat it, force it into remission. And some forms still have us completely beaten.

And of course this thread is obsessed with Autism, it's in the thread title.
Arisia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2013, 07:50 PM   #4175
Estellea
Graduate Poster

Autism, which the thread clearly is obsessed over, is a very contentious issue. Even the number of cases is foggy and unclear.

Has it increased a lot of late?
The prevalence of ASDs has increased considerably in the last twenty years. Most cases have been "higher-functioning", some have been the result of diagnostic substitution, i.e. mental retardation diagnoses have declined during the same time and some DSM diagnoses have been eliminated.
Quote:
Always been around.

Quote:
What is the medical test to confirm it?
Given that it's a neurological disorder, it's a psychiatric diagnosis for the most part excepting those of genetic (fragile X, tuberous sclerosis, Rett syndrome) or infectious origins (congenital rubella syndrome)

Quote:
What brain changes are observed during the decline? The cases where children lose the abilities they had?
Not all autisms are a decline in brain structure/function but there are studies like this, this, and this. All which demonstrate the heterogeneity of ASDs and muddy the waters even more right now.

Quote:
Not all autists experience seizures; there are numerous genetic disorders like Landau-Kleffner and Dravet's in which those who have it have high seizure activity and subsequently exhibit autism or autism-like behaviours. Once the seizures are under control, the autistic behaviours are controlled or even resolved.
Quote:
Why can't anyone state the real rate? If the rate is increasing it's a serious problem, and obviously has a human cause to it.
Because autism epidemiology is messy. It is a psychiatric disorder, a constellation of symptoms and chasmic differences in global healthcare and public health schemes and you should be able to see that it isn't anything like an infectious disease with a single pathogenic aetiology.

It has a human cause only to the extent that humans have babies and autism has been around for as long as anyone can know; it didn't spontaneously arise. If you are suggesting that it's purely environmental (and to some degree it may be but not in the way you think) then why didn't autism prevalence explode during the industrial revolution? As for environmental causes, there are some studies that indicate some drugs taken during pregnancy can alter foetal neurological development and a higher risk of autism and there are some studies that indicate that maternal obesity is a risk factor for autism development. Anti-vaxxers don't like those though because it isn't vaccinesdidit and in their tortured minds, puts the blame on themselves.
Quote:
Are there populations with little or no autism?
Nope. Chris recommended a good read, "Unstrange Minds". Wherever autism is looked for, it's found.

Quote:
Because it's a neurological disorder that is highly diverse and we are in our relative infancy as far as understanding how the brain works.

Este
Estellea is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2013, 08:05 PM   #4176
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Exactly like autism.
I also failed to fully understand your first post, so clarifying would help several folks. More so, just please pick one topic at a time and explain your position and any evidence for it.

A hallmark of science is to say "nobody knows" when appropriate. That is largely true of GWS: scientists have proposed causes, but no one cause seems to explain it all. So nobody knows the whole story yet.

We do know a it about what causes some autism: genetics. We know what doesn't: vaccines.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2013, 09:32 PM   #4177
Clayton Moore
Banned

Originally Posted by Chris Haynes View Post

And why did he suggest parents get single vaccines, when the UK had never approved of a single mumps vaccine? Which caused certain clinics to illegally import a single Urabe vaccine, or more recently claim to have single jabs but provide no mumps vaccine?
Why bother with single vaccines that would prove the MMR dangerous?
Clayton Moore is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2013, 10:04 PM   #4178
Clayton Moore
Banned

Originally Posted by Reality Check View Post
Clayton Moore.
You should read up on the topic of this thread and that it has nothing to do with your derail of "we can't figure out what caused the GWS". This makes it look like you are unable to tell the difference between autism and GWS.

The next derail about anthrax is even more ridiculous!
Vaccine/autism CT discussion

NOT

Vaccine causes autism CT discussion

Discussing Anthrax vaccine and GWS brings in the disregard for PEOPLE when things go wrong from medical treatment or environmental emergency. The US/UK government/CDC/FDA/GMC damage control step 1 is to say nothing is wrong, go about your business.
Clayton Moore is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2013, 10:50 PM   #4179
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

They did try the experiment and autism increased when MMR was banned:
http://www.newscientist.com/article/...-in-japan.html

Don't you remember: this was brought up in this very thread quite a few times already. Isn't this the test you are proposing? And the result: MMR doesn't cause autism.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 3rd March 2013, 10:55 PM   #4180
Clayton Moore
Banned

Exactly like autism.

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
I also failed to fully understand your first post, so clarifying would help several folks. More so, just please pick one topic at a time and explain your position and any evidence for it.

A hallmark of science is to say "nobody knows" when appropriate. That is largely true of GWS: scientists have proposed causes, but no one cause seems to explain it all. So nobody knows the whole story yet.

We do know a it about what causes some autism: genetics. We know what doesn't: vaccines.

There is no way in purgatory that the US government doesn't know what caused GWS. The same type cover-up has taken place with infant/toddler autism victims for over 30 years.

They say parents aren't qualified to link their child's autism with the child's MMR jab.
They said for over 30 years they couldn't figure out the cause of infant/toddler autism.

They said, at first, the GWS victims were malingerers.
They still say they can't figure out the cause of GWS.
Old 3rd March 2013, 10:55 PM   #4181
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

The US/UK government/CDC/FDA/GMC damage control step 1 is to say nothing is wrong, go about your business.
GMC? General Motors Corp? Gay Men's Chorus? Sorry, you lost me on the last one...

Edit: got it: General Medical Council, right?

My God, what an evil, multinational, coordinated conspiracy it must be! And that doesn't even include the millions of private doctors, state, and non- government researchers. And not one human being, not one, among them willing to speak out and crumble the conspiracy! Horrors!

Last edited by Giordano; 3rd March 2013 at 11:01 PM.
Old 3rd March 2013, 10:59 PM   #4182
Clayton Moore
Banned

They did try the experiment and autism increased when MMR was banned:
http://www.newscientist.com/article/...-in-japan.html

Don't you remember: this was brought up in this very thread quite a few times already. Isn't this the test you are proposing? And the result: MMR doesn't cause autism.
It didn't say whether the 3 single vaccines were given in one visit.
Old 3rd March 2013, 11:10 PM   #4183
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

There is no way in purgatory that the US government doesn't know what caused GWS. The same type cover-up has taken place with infant/toddler autism victims for over 30 years.

They say parents aren't qualified to link their child's autism with the child's MMR jab.
They said for over 30 years they couldn't figure out the cause of infant/toddler autism.

They said, at first, the GWS victims were malingerers.
They still say they can't figure out the cause of GWS.
These arguments of yours seem vaguely familiar. Oh yes, you've brought them up over and overage over again, and people have pointed out why you were incorrect, We just had the whole "parents seeing autism in their kids after vaccination" discussion yet again. If you think that you are, in fact correct on one or more of these discredited issues, the next step would be for you to provide new evidence in support of your side. Otherwise you've just run out of things to say.
Old 3rd March 2013, 11:12 PM   #4184
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Look it up yourself.
Old 3rd March 2013, 11:53 PM   #4185
Clayton Moore
Banned

Look it up yourself.
You supplied the link. It didn't mention whether or not the jabs were given in one visit. You look it up.

Last edited by Clayton Moore; 4th March 2013 at 12:16 AM.
Old 4th March 2013, 12:21 AM   #4186
Clayton Moore
Banned

GMC? General Motors Corp? Gay Men's Chorus? Sorry, you lost me on the last one...
http://audioboo.fm/GMC-UK
Old 4th March 2013, 01:57 AM   #4187
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Administrator

What a bizarre way to explain. If you're going to give link, rather than simply state what you meant, why the link to their audioboo page rather than their home page or wikipedia entry?
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th March 2013, 02:04 AM   #4188
Clayton Moore
Banned

Originally Posted by zooterkin View Post
What a bizarre way to explain. If you're going to give link, rather than simply state what you meant, why the link to their audioboo page rather than their home page or wikipedia entry?
And miss an opportunity to audio boo?
Old 4th March 2013, 02:10 AM   #4189
pakeha
Penultimate Amazing

You should read up on the we can't figure out what caused the GWS. Especially the part where it mentions many of the GWS victims were never even deployed to the Gulf area. Then read about the horrors servicemen have suffered after receiving anthrax vaccine shots.

Then read this gem.

Feds To Test Anthrax Shot on Kids: U.S. panel backs anthrax experiments on children - See more at: http://www.vaccinationcouncil.org/20....zoreAb6h.dpuf

What kind of government/medical community would even think of doing that?
Could you give us some follow-up on that project, please?
pakeha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th March 2013, 02:56 AM   #4190
dafydd
Banned

And miss an opportunity to audio boo?
So you are never going to present the evidence of a link between vaccination and autism.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th March 2013, 03:32 AM   #4191
Clayton Moore
Banned

Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
So you are never going to present the evidence of a link between vaccination and autism.
I have many times. Review the thread.

You'll see you've made the same request about 40 times.
Old 4th March 2013, 03:34 AM   #4192
Clayton Moore
Banned

Originally Posted by pakeha View Post
Could you give us some follow-up on that project, please?
I'm very busy. Could you do that?
Old 4th March 2013, 03:49 AM   #4193
Dcdrac
Philosopher

We have all reviewed the thread and you have provided no VALID evidence whatsoever for a link between MMR and Autism
Old 4th March 2013, 03:53 AM   #4194
pakeha
Penultimate Amazing

I'm very busy. Could you do that?
Of course you're very busy, CM, of course you are.

The references to this project were made by you and of course you've followed up on what obviously is important to you.
Why not share what you've done by way of follow-up?
pakeha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th March 2013, 07:04 AM   #4195
r-j
Banned

It's easy enough to see how bad communication happens. I stated clearly what I thought
When a new disease or condition or malady pops up out of thin air, unlike anything known in the history of medicine, you can be sure it a human caused disease.
and it gets turned into
Originally Posted by Matthew Cline View Post
Hmmmm, so HIV and the lyme's disease bacteria were created by humans?
Of course it might be a malicious bit of misdirection, but I doubt it. Even so, it might help if we all learn that Lyme disease is just a new name for erythema migrans, which was known about for a long time. And HIV, like SV40, no matter which theory you believe in, was introduced into the worlds population by human activities.

It certainly matches what I said. When something new, unlike anything known in the history of medicine, just appears if you will, you can be sure it was because of human activities. Be it smallpox raging through the new world, or some tropical death showing up in New York city, it's people causing it.

The CT is that "things just happen", which is of no small comfort, especially if the persons responsible might end up in court.
Old 4th March 2013, 07:06 AM   #4196
r-j
Banned

The link between sudden onset autism and the MMR vaccine is obvious and abundant.
Old 4th March 2013, 07:09 AM   #4197
Dcdrac
Philosopher

The link between sudden onset autism and the MMR vaccine is obvious and abundant.
Your evidence for this?

where has sudden onset autism ever been recorded and studied?

What research has been carried out into this and what papers published?
Old 4th March 2013, 07:58 AM   #4198
Chris Haynes
Perfectly Poisonous Person

What evidence did Wakefield have to suggest single vaccines? It was not in his Lancet paper.

Actually the completely stopped giving any version of measles and mumps.

I have many times. Review the thread..
The MMR vaccine was introduced in the USA in 1971. So if there is an obvious and abundant evidence that it causes autism there would be some from the 1970s and 1980s. Please present the scientific documentation dated before the 1990s.

"HCN, I hate you!"
( so sayeth Deetee at http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?p=1077344 )...
What I get for linking to http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/
Chris Haynes is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th March 2013, 08:04 AM   #4199
Estellea
Graduate Poster

You supplied the link. It didn't mention whether or not the jabs were given in one visit. You look it up.
It's easy enough to see how bad communication happens. I stated clearly what I thought
and it gets turned into Of course it might be a malicious bit of misdirection, but I doubt it. Even so, it might help if we all learn that Lyme disease is just a new name for erythema migrans, which was known about for a long time. And HIV, like SV40, no matter which theory you believe in, was introduced into the worlds population by human activities.
Erythema migrans is a symptom of Lyme Disease experienced by a small percentage of those infected with B. burgdorferi, not a re-naming of the disease.

Quote:
It certainly matches what I said. When something new, unlike anything known in the history of medicine, just appears if you will, you can be sure it was because of human activities. Be it smallpox raging through the new world, or some tropical death showing up in New York city, it's people causing it.

The CT is that "things just happen", which is of no small comfort, especially if the persons responsible might end up in court.
What exactly do you mean by "human activities" as it relates to autism? You seem to be dancing around what you really want to say. Autism isn't something new and unlike anything known in the history of medicine. Cases have been described in very ancient texts. It may be unknown to you as it pertains to your own special time-scale, but not to others.

Quote:
And here we go! Perhaps you would like to help Clayton out then. What is so "obvious" that hasn't been investigated and found to be a dead end? There are many claims that are "obvious and abundant"; appeals to popularity don't make them true.

Este
Estellea is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 4th March 2013, 08:15 AM   #4200
dafydd
Banned

I have many times. Review the thread.

You'll see you've made the same request about 40 times.
Others have made then request too and you have still to post some peer reviewed evidence. If you don't have any then just say so.
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories