ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 17th October 2020, 07:58 AM   #41
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
In my experience party affiliation is not very important at the local level. Most cases of voter fraud documented by the Heritage Foundation involved very localized races, like JP.
That's pretty much how I see it. Obviously party affiliation is going to be important for reasons of partisan rhetoric, though.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 12:27 PM   #42
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I think we've lost sight of the original point of this thread which was that the commenters under the linked article assumed Mohamed was a Democrat and engaged in racist comments. It was rather revealing.
There was no linked article in the OP. In fact, the OP itself seems to signal there's no point at all to the thread.

The point about racist comments was raised by Norman Alexander about three hours later, but he didn't link any article.

You linked an article, but your original point in the thread was about his actual party affiliation.

Even Roger Ramjets, the OP, addressed this point in his only other post in the thread.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 12:45 PM   #43
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Wasn't this thread started by a banned sockpuppet?

ETA: answering my question: yes. http://www.internationalskeptics.com...45&postcount=9

Last edited by Firestone; 17th October 2020 at 12:49 PM.
Firestone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 01:11 PM   #44
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Firestone View Post

ETA: answering my question: yes. http://www.internationalskeptics.com...45&postcount=9
Thanks! I was late to the party and totally missed that important fact!

Totally demolishes Stacyhs's idea of the original purpose of the thread, though.
Old 17th October 2020, 01:19 PM   #45
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
There was no linked article in the OP. In fact, the OP itself seems to signal there's no point at all to the thread.

The point about racist comments was raised by Norman Alexander about three hours later, but he didn't link any article.

You linked an article, but your original point in the thread was about his actual party affiliation.

Even Roger Ramjets, the OP, addressed this point in his only other post in the thread.
Yes, it was originally linked but it was removed due to the sockpuppet being banned as Firestone has so kindly provided. The original point being to show that there is mail in ballot fraud being perpetrated by Democrats. Why by Democrats? Because you don't expect a MUSLIM to be a Republican. All one had to do was read the comments below the linked article to see that. Your comment, therefore, is based on inaccurate information. My comment that "the commenters under the linked article assumed Mohamed was a Democrat and engaged in racist comments" still stands.

Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 01:21 PM   #46
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Totally demolishes Stacyhs's idea of the original purpose of the thread, though.
Ha! How do you figure that? If I'm wrong I'll admit it.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 17th October 2020 at 01:23 PM.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 01:36 PM   #47
Roger Ramjets
Philosopher

Thanks for that. I was perturbed to discover that I had somehow become the OP - made me doubt my sanity for a minute.

Knowing now who the actual OP was, I no longer have to guess the intent.

Originally Posted by Stacyhs
Yes, it was originally linked but it was removed due to the sockpuppet being banned as Firestone has so kindly provided. The original point being to show that there is mail in ballot fraud being perpetrated by Democrats.
That's it!
Old 17th October 2020, 01:41 PM   #48
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets View Post
Thanks for that. I was perturbed to discover that I had somehow become the OP - made me doubt my sanity for a minute.

Knowing now who the actual OP was, I no longer have to guess the intent.

That's it!
Apparently you'll need to explain it to theprestige.
Old 17th October 2020, 04:34 PM   #49
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Ha! How do you figure that? If I'm wrong I'll admit it.
Still waiting for you to explain to me how it demolishes my idea of the original purpose of the thread.

ETA: By the way, editing Zul Mohamed's MyLife page and putting my name on there was an appalling thing to do. Remove it. Now.

Last edited by Stacyhs; 17th October 2020 at 06:19 PM.
Old 20th October 2020, 01:06 PM   #50
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Still waiting for you to explain to me how it demolishes my idea of the original purpose of the thread.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...b7f7c77bf0.jpg

ETA: By the way, editing Zul Mohamed's MyLife page and putting my name on there was an appalling thing to do. Remove it. Now.
You know you can edit that page yourself, any time you want, right? That's why it's such a terrible source of "truth" for anything about Zul Mohamed.
Edited by zooterkin:  <SNIP>
Edited for rule 12.

Last edited by zooterkin; 21st October 2020 at 01:02 AM.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics