ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old Yesterday, 05:51 AM   #1521
wareyin
Philosopher

That Tucker Carlson story just keeps getting weirder. Now Carlson says he had made a copy of the info on his lost jump drive. That means he had these important but mysterious documents the entire time he was on his show claiming he didn't have them. The lost package turns out to have been a jump drive, and it was found by UPS. So now Carlson not only never lost the only copy of these documents as he claimed, but he even has the one copy that was lost. Did he then reveal them on his show, now that nothing is missing and they were so utterly earth shattering like he claimed? No. He decided he didn't want to pile on Hunter Biden anymore. Lolwut?
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 05:59 AM   #1522
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
That Tucker Carlson story just keeps getting weirder. Now Carlson says he had made a copy of the info on his lost jump drive. That means he had these important but mysterious documents the entire time he was on his show claiming he didn't have them. The lost package turns out to have been a jump drive, and it was found by UPS. So now Carlson not only never lost the only copy of these documents as he claimed, but he even has the one copy that was lost. Did he then reveal them on his show, now that nothing is missing and they were so utterly earth shattering like he claimed? No. He decided he didn't want to pile on Hunter Biden anymore. Lolwut?
Deep state finally got to him
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 06:15 AM   #1523
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

If enough laptops emerge, statistically one of them may be Hunter Biden's, just as it may be your discarded unit.
Old Yesterday, 06:30 AM   #1524
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
I have listened to the whole interview, but don't want to replay the hourlong thing to catch this bit. If you are willing and can get a timestamp I'll look. I listened to the audio after I read the delaware.com story and didn't catch this alleged discrepancy, and I'm trained to spot that kind of stuff. Could have missed it though.
6:00
Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 06:39 AM   #1525
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
"Founded by John Soloman [sic]". Enough said, really. But for those who are unaware of Solomon's work: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_S...tor)#Reception

There's more on that page, too, but that should give people enough information to judge.

Your point? Do you believe Solomon faked the document or altered it in some way? Or is this your way of casting doubt on what Mac Isaac's lawyer says in the document because you don't like who linked to it?
Bogative is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 06:42 AM   #1526
Foggy of the Fogbow
Thinker

Tucker Carlson ... decided he didn't want to pile on Hunter Biden anymore. Lolwut?
And he said the main REASON he wasn't going to disclose any more "damning" documents about Hunter was ... wait for it ...

Quote:
He's not running for president.
https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tuck...s-hunter-biden

Huh.

So since he's not running for president, all this crap about Hunter Biden is irrelevant.

Well, thanks for that, MotherTucker!
Old Yesterday, 06:46 AM   #1527
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
tucker gets a reality check every time he gets the number of advertiser revenue - it's not getting bigger.
Tucker made it because of Trump, and he needs to be both clever and lucky not to get voted out alongside him.
My Pillow boy will soon be his only advertiser. Fox can't be pleased.
Old Yesterday, 07:05 AM   #1528
Bogative
Graduate Poster

I see, now you are claiming he routinely leaves 3 laptops in Delaware, where he doesn't live or work, "for business"? Do you have any experience with business people or with laptops in general?
Also, it's actually incumbent on you and your side to prove Hunter was in that repair shop that day, not my job to prove he wasn't.
No, I'm pointing out the argument that Hunter couldn't possibly have three laptops in Delaware because he lives in California is ridiculous.

Quote:
I see. They're plainly not the same, but you want to assume they are until an expert tells you they aren't? Given how quickly you swallow John Isaac Peter Paul and Mary's claim to be the top guy at Apple, I would have thought you'd accept any claim.
Let's just say I prefer the opinion of someone who is "authorized."

Quote:
I'm going by the fact that he didn't leave contact info as evidence that he refused to leave contact info. I get that this may be confusing to you, but it's pretty basic stuff.
What's blurred out under Hunter's name on the work order?

Quote:
In other interviews, John Claude claims he didn't know who the laptop belonged to, he assumed it was Hunter Biden's because of a sticker for a charity that Hunter did not work for was on the laptop. That's a strange claim to make if he had Hunter's contact information.
Back to lying again. He said the man who dropped the laptop off was Hunter Biden, he said he didn't recognize Hunter Biden because he didn't know what Hunter Biden looked like at the time. He also said it was Hunter's laptop because of personal information found on it. I'm not sure why you keep harping on the Beau Biden foundation sticker, that was a minor part of the story.

Quote:
Because when directly asked that question, John Luke said "no comment." Not "yes I called him".
I've listened to the recording multiple times, that is not what he said.

Quote:
Are you not familiar with the concept of companies authorizing properly trained and certified people to work on their products? I doubt that, so playing dumb is not helping your case.
I'm perfectly aware. In fact, I've had an authorized repair man in my house working on my computer, once. The other half dozen times I took it to the local "unauthorized" repair man because I didn't want to hassle with dealing with the manufacturer, it's much easier to go to the local guy.

Quote:
Nope. John Paul Isaac Bob Fred claimed his "medical condition" means he can't see well enough to see a person standing 2 or 3 feet away. That bad eyesight means he can't see well enough to open up the guts of a laptop either.
Is it your belief that the computers are repairing themselves at Mac's shop?

Quote:
The hard drive Giuliani got from the Ukraine by way of a blind Delaware guy, plus the original 3 laptops he claimed plus the 2 more laptops he claims Derkach has still equals at least 5 though.
Again, Giuliani did not claim to have 3 laptops.
Old Yesterday, 07:08 AM   #1529
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

WE DON'T HAVE TO DISPROVE THINGS WHEN NO EVIDENCE THEY ARE TRUE IN THE FIRST PLACE HAS BEEN PRESENTED TO US.

STOP TRYING TO REVERSE THE BURDEN OF PROOF WITH YOUR "CAN YOU PROVE A NEGATIVE" NONSENSE.

Thank you this has been a public service announcement from the "How Discussions Work" Task Force.
Old Yesterday, 07:19 AM   #1530
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

At least understand this: Except for the ever-patient warein* who actually tries, you are objects of mockery here.

* i can never find the emoji of man banging head on desk
Old Yesterday, 07:26 AM   #1531
slyjoe
Master Poster

Here's a GIF.
Attached Images
File Type: gif Bang Small.gif (10.0 KB, 164 views)
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 07:52 AM   #1532
wareyin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Bogative View Post
No, I'm pointing out the argument that Hunter couldn't possibly have three laptops in Delaware because he lives in California is ridiculous.
Yet, in your opinion the argument that he would carry 3 broken laptops from California to Delaware to find a shop to repair them when he had multiple authorized places within 10 miles of his house is sound?

Let's just say I prefer the opinion of someone who is "authorized."
Whatever you can cling to to continue believing, eh?

What's blurred out under Hunter's name on the work order?
I'm going to guess "c/o Andriy Derkach, Ukraine, or Rudy Giuliani"

Back to lying again. He said the man who dropped the laptop off was Hunter Biden, he said he didn't recognize Hunter Biden because he didn't know what Hunter Biden looked like at the time. He also said it was Hunter's laptop because of personal information found on it. I'm not sure why you keep harping on the Beau Biden foundation sticker, that was a minor part of the story.
I don't doubt that in one of the several different tellings of the story that's what he said. But he also said that he couldn't see who dropped of the laptop due to a medical condition and that he only realized it was Hunter Biden's laptop because it had the Beau Biden sticker on it. Minor or no, that was repair guy's original story.

I've listened to the recording multiple times, that is not what he said.
I've pointed out many times that he has given different stories. Minoosh has even supplied you with the "no comment" sourced from a Delaware newspaper.

I'm perfectly aware. In fact, I've had an authorized repair man in my house working on my computer, once. The other half dozen times I took it to the local "unauthorized" repair man because I didn't want to hassle with dealing with the manufacturer, it's much easier to go to the local guy.
Just out of curiosity, was the "local guy" thousands of miles farther away than the authorized guy? Hell, there were and are closer authorized Apple shops to Hunter's dad's house (as you guys seem to think Hunter was staying over at Joe's place so being "only" 15 miles from Joe's house is important.)

Is it your belief that the computers are repairing themselves at Mac's shop?
Do we know he does any repairs at all? Or did Giuliani pay him enough to make up this story to keep his shop afloat?
Eta: looks like the guy has a GoFundMe set up, so he's trying to cash in more than whatever he got from Giuliani.

Again, Giuliani did not claim to have 3 laptops.
You're falling behind. Now we're up to 6 Hunter Biden laptops out there.

Last edited by wareyin; Yesterday at 08:09 AM.
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:33 AM   #1533
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

As I said before, I don't even bother to have a laptop 'repaired" and I'm not a millionaire. I have a problem with a laptop I get it replaced. Any critical data is backed up. If there were critical data he needed to get off it, he wouldn't have abandoned it.

None of this passes the laugh test.
Old Yesterday, 09:29 AM   #1534
Venom
Illuminator

https://fulbright.edu.vn/statement-r...opher-balding/

Quote:
In a recently published story “How a fake persona laid the groundwork for a Hunter Biden conspiracy deluge,” NBC News reported that Dr. Christopher Balding is an associate professor at Fulbright University Vietnam. In fact, Dr. Balding has not been employed by the University since September 10, 2020 when his contract was not renewed.

The University has asked NBC News to update its story by clarifying that Dr. Balding is not employed by Fulbright University Vietnam, nor is he associated with the university in any way.

The Fulbright community expects its member to hold the highest standards of integrity and excellence. Regrettably, Dr. Balding’s action does not reflect the values of this institution.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:13 AM   #1535
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Your point? Do you believe Solomon faked the document or altered it in some way? Or is this your way of casting doubt on what Mac Isaac's lawyer says in the document because you don't like who linked to it?
My point is that if John Solomon said that was water was wet I'd have to dip my hand in it to check. My base assumption is that anybody who deliberately seeks out Solomon (or Solomon's publication) to disseminate information is likely disseminating lies.
Old Yesterday, 10:37 AM   #1536
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by I Am The Scum View Post
I was just thinking about how uninteresting this story really is, deep down. If Hunter Biden were instead named Hunter Smith, nobody would have heard about it. It wouldn't have even made the local news in a sleepy town.
That's where you're wrong. He'd be known in local media as "Hunter Smith, the guy who loses an average of two laptops a week."
Old Yesterday, 10:47 AM   #1537
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by timhau View Post
That's where you're wrong. He'd be known in local media as "Hunter Smith, the guy who loses an average of two laptops a week."
I should think that the local consumer reporter would be publicizing the local computer repair shop that looks for reasons to keep customers' property and/or examines personal information in computers.

Seriously, the computer repair scum, if we're to believe one of his contradictory narratives, acted in an extremely unethical manner. Even if you're claiming a computer as abandoned, that gives you no right to the information stored on it. Even if you were charged to back up the data, it gives you no right to examine the data being backed up.

If a computer repair place treated my property like this, I would do my best to put them out of business.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:51 AM   #1538
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by timhau View Post
Hunter Biden has as many ex-laptops as Trump has ex-wives.

Hunter Biden goes through laptops like Trump goes through bankruptcies.

Hunter Biden's laptops last as long as a Director of Communications in the Trump administration.

Hunter Biden's laptops are as disposable as attendees at a Trump rally.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:53 AM   #1539
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by Babbylonian View Post
I should think that the local consumer reporter would be publicizing the local computer repair shop that looks for reasons to keep customers' property and/or examines personal information in computers.

Seriously, the computer repair scum, if we're to believe one of his contradictory narratives, acted in an extremely unethical manner. Even if you're claiming a computer as abandoned, that gives you no right to the information stored on it. Even if you were charged to back up the data, it gives you no right to examine the data being backed up.

If a computer repair place treated my property like this, I would do my best to put them out of business.
The only reason they aren't being sued for this is that it didn't happen.

Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 11:20 AM   #1540
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Originally Posted by Foggy of the Fogbow View Post
And he said the main REASON he wasn't going to disclose any more "damning" documents about Hunter was ... wait for it ...
lol

So the "October Surprise" has apparently dispersed like a fart in the wind.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 11:22 AM   #1541
Bogative
Graduate Poster

Back in 2011, when Joe Biden was VP, Hunter Biden's business partner Sean Conlon sent this email to Hunter:
Quote:
“So we have engagement letter if they get other 10 bonds they have a face value of 10b. While it is far fetched Devon said he talked to his professor and these get traded. We get 10% in fees. We need to get these guys to an event or something where they get to just formally meet your Dad. For follow on they can talk to Chief of Staff. Let me know how soon we can do that. V brief. If Nagi get that done we get more bonds to move. Regards your hard working partner in Positano! Sean”
Why would Hunter's business partner have the impression that it was okay to ask for access to Hunter's daddy to help close a potential $1 billion deal?

Surely it was just a moment of bad judgment on Conlon's part and Hunter Biden took a stand for his family's honor and good name and set his business partner straight by telling him no and to never ask again because it was unethical and inappropriate!?

Uh, no. He replied:
Quote:
Ok-what do we need to do to move forward
I know, I know, nothing to see here, move along, orange man bad.
Old Yesterday, 11:31 AM   #1542
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

I mean, yeah. It's not like there's a third option at this point.

Orange man brags about doing this sort of **** out in the open and you want us to vote for him because there is an email of questionable provenance that maybe Joe's son attempted to do this on the down low nine years ago. No comparison for most voters.

This is why I didn't vote for Biden in the primaries, but did vote for him last week. It is really quite simple.

Last edited by Dr. Keith; Yesterday at 11:32 AM.
Old Yesterday, 12:04 PM   #1543
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I think Bogative, Bubba, and Tahini should, like Jack Dawson in Titanic, know when to stop clinging to the floating debris and just let go. They're only prolonging their own suffering.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 12:37 PM   #1544
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I think Bogative, Bubba, and Tahini should, like Jack Dawson in Titanic, know when to stop clinging to the floating debris and just let go. They're only prolonging their own suffering.
The real question is whether she was worth it.

I have to laugh that they think Trump was worth it.

Old Yesterday, 12:41 PM   #1545
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
The real question is whether she was worth it.

I have to laugh that they think Trump was worth it.
At least Rose loved Jack. Trump doesn't give two ***** about any of his cultists. That they don't realize that is the real pity.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 01:16 PM   #1546
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Because they don't care about Trump or how much he hurts them as long as he hurts the Liberals more.

Imagine Jack giving two middle fingers, laughing gleefully, as he slips beneath the waves because he wants to "Live Rent Free" in the Iceberg's head and that's more where they are at.

Last edited by JoeMorgue; Yesterday at 01:27 PM.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:00 PM   #1547
Foggy of the Fogbow
Thinker

Orange man bad.
Old Yesterday, 02:31 PM   #1548
Gulliver Foyle
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Tucker knows Trump is going down.
He's probably gotten a stiff Solicitor's letter to which he's just realised he can't write an Arkell vs Pressdram reply to.
Gulliver Foyle is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:34 PM   #1549
Tero
Graduate Poster

Running out of October. We are reduced to Trump and Biden masks at Halloween parties. But no parties.
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 02:41 PM   #1550
Gulliver Foyle
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
The Giuliani led Hunter Biden thing was preceded by a fake "intelligence" document produced by a fake "intelligence firm" called Typhoon Investigations, written by the non existing security analyst Martin Aspen.

The document asserts an elaborate conspiracy theory involving Joe Biden's son and business in China.

It (obviously) went viral on the right wing web.

Although this is apparently not the garbage peddled by Giuliani and Bannon recently, notice the involvement of Bannon's pal Guo Wengui.
The picture of "Aspen" in the article bears a striking resemblance to Obi Wan Kenobi from the Star Wars film.
Gulliver Foyle is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 05:53 PM   #1551
eerok
Quixoticist

I'm shocked, I say. Shocked.

How a fake persona laid the groundwork for a Hunter Biden conspiracy deluge [nbcnews.com]
Quote:
A 64-page document that was later disseminated by close associates of President Donald Trump appears to be the work of a fake "intelligence firm."
Old Yesterday, 05:56 PM   #1552
Venom
Illuminator

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
And the dead end is that Christopher Balding won't reveal the name of the real author to protect him.

Ooooookayy then....

And I felt similarly about Christopher Steele's anonymous sources.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM   #1553
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
And the dead end is that Christopher Balding won't reveal the name of the real author to protect him.

Ooooookayy then....

A key difference being, Steele framed his intel as raw and unverified.
Old Yesterday, 06:05 PM   #1554
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
A key difference being, Steele framed his intel as raw and unverified.
And Steele wasn't a Trump lackey like Giuliani.

Privatize the profits and socialize the losses. It's the American way. That's how Mnuchin got rich. Worse, he did it on the backs of elderly people who had been conned into reverse mortgages. Mnuchin paid zero, took on the debt then taxpayers bailed him out.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 06:08 PM   #1555
Foggy of the Fogbow
Thinker

Pecker Plucker Giuliani, I call him. That man seems to be a bit deranged.
Old Yesterday, 06:09 PM   #1556
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
This story broke yesterday - and just for the sake of people who weren't aware of it and didn't have a chance to put it all together: this story is why Tucker Carlson spontaneously decided last night to so magnanimously back off of Hunter Biden even though he had just regained possession the Sooper Sekrit Documents With Devastating Revelations About The Biden Crime Family. Once NBC's expose revealed the "Hunter Biden China collusion" story to be literal fiction, Carlson risked losing a libel lawsuit if he continued to push those claims.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 06:13 PM   #1557
eerok
Quixoticist

Nothing that Christopher Steele offered had this level of stink on it.
Old Yesterday, 06:54 PM   #1558
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Back in 2011, when Joe Biden was VP, Hunter Biden's business partner Sean Conlon sent this email to Hunter:

Why would Hunter's business partner have the impression that it was okay to ask for access to Hunter's daddy to help close a potential $1 billion deal?

Surely it was just a moment of bad judgment on Conlon's part and Hunter Biden took a stand for his family's honor and good name and set his business partner straight by telling him no and to never ask again because it was unethical and inappropriate!?

Uh, no. He replied:

I just don't care. I figure my chances of not getting Covid and becoming seriously ill are better under Biden than Trump. That's all I care about. If sacrificing Trump improves my chances even a little bit, he's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.
Old Yesterday, 06:55 PM   #1559
wareyin
Philosopher

Ooooookayy then....

After first claiming he didn't write any of the report, Balding now admits to writing some of the report. Give it another month, he'll be admitting he wrote the whole thing.
Old Yesterday, 07:12 PM   #1560
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foggy of the Fogbow View Post
Pecker Plucker Giuliani, I call him. That man seems to be a bit deranged.
He is not a bit deranged!

He's gone full deranged.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics