ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags !MOD BOX WARNING! , donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old Today, 06:32 PM   #1281
wasapi
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Can someone please find me the awesome graphic I saw a couple of days ago with Trump, Newt, Rudy, and Rush; listing the totals of their wives, deferments, and actual military service (spoiler: none)? My Google-Fu is weak. I even saw it on a reply to Trump's Twit, but can only stand to spend a minimal amount of time there looking for it, lest I burn out more brain cells.
Oh, that sounds interesting! I'll take a look.
Old Today, 06:34 PM   #1282
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
While I find such settlements to be obnoxious and needlessly provoking, I'm not sure if matters what the U.S. calls them.

But as you say, another distraction. Maybe that's the only point in making such an announcement.
Perhaps this medical thing Trump had or is having spooked him with the notion of imminent death and he thought (or someone suggested) this as a quick thing to do that would make God happy?
Old Today, 06:42 PM   #1283
wasapi
Philosopher

Can someone please find me the awesome graphic I saw a couple of days ago with Trump, Newt, Rudy, and Rush; listing the totals of their wives, deferments, and actual military service (spoiler: none)? My Google-Fu is weak. I even saw it on a reply to Trump's Twit, but can only stand to spend a minimal amount of time there looking for it, lest I burn out more brain cells.
https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=...w=1366&bih=655

It came up with pages of images. I didn't know which you were referring to. Hope it helps.
Old Today, 06:48 PM   #1284
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Perhaps this medical thing Trump had or is having spooked him with the notion of imminent death and he thought (or someone suggested) this as a quick thing to do that would make God happy?
I don't want him to have some horrible disease. A nervous breakdown would be OK though.
Minoosh is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:49 PM   #1285
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by wasapi View Post
Oh, that sounds interesting! I'll take a look.

This was tweeted

Put Newt, Trump, Rudy and Rush in a room and what’ve you got (besides more than half a ton of flesh)? 13 wives, 14 deferments and 0 military service.

https://mobile.twitter.com/colmorris...506823?lang=en
Education, not epiphanies
Intellect, not ignorance.

Last edited by acbytesla; Today at 06:50 PM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:53 PM   #1286
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I suspect he needed to have Gym Jordan and Devin Nunes surgically removed from his anus.
Now that's nasty ... and I chuckled.
SezMe is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:56 PM   #1287
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Obama's former WH doctor said today that he's concerned with Trump's not being able to find words or slurring them. That can be symptomatic of mini-strokes.

My mother had mini-strokes or TIAs (transient ischemic attacks). She'd be fine and then suddenly lose her ability to find the correct word and/or slur them. It would be fleeting and she'd recover very quickly within a couple minutes. Having TIAs can often precede a major stroke.

https://www.healthline.com/health/st...troke#duration
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 06:58 PM   #1288
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
Now that's nasty ... and I chuckled.
They probably tried a laxative first but Jordan's and Nunes' heads were just too big to pass without surgery.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 07:08 PM   #1289
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
Does Trump think he is taking money from China to pay the farmers with?
Yes.

Reuters:
Quote:
U.S. President Donald Trump says China pays the tariffs he has imposed on $250 billion of Chinese exports to the United States.

NBC News:
Quote:
President Donald Trump told an Ohio audience Thursday that China is footing the bill for the massive tariffs he's slapped on foreign goods coming into the United States.

CBS News:
Quote:
President Trump again falsely said in a tweet on Monday that China pays tariffs. The fact is, companies here pay tariffs to U.S. Customs and Border Protection when Chinese goods reach America's shores.

U.S. aid promised to American farmers hurt by trade wars so far has cost more than the tariffs collected on Chinese imports.
Never overestimate the utter stupidity of our Idiot-in-Chief.
SezMe is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 07:08 PM   #1290
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

They probably tried a laxative first but Jordan's and Nunes' heads were just too big to pass without surgery.
I don't know. That's a pretty big ass.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 07:10 PM   #1291
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
Yes.
Reuters:

NBC News:

CBS News:

Never overestimate the utter stupidity of our Idiot-in-Chief.
Nah, that's just a lie he thinks the suckers will buy.
Old Today, 07:14 PM   #1292
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by wasapi View Post
https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=...w=1366&bih=655

It came up with pages of images. I didn't know which you were referring to. Hope it helps.
Yeah, that's what I got too. Wasn't what I was looking for.
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
This was tweeted

Put Newt, Trump, Rudy and Rush in a room and what’ve you got (besides more than half a ton of flesh)? 13 wives, 14 deferments and 0 military service.

https://mobile.twitter.com/colmorris...506823?lang=en
Still not the image I wanted, but good anyhow.
Old Today, 07:27 PM   #1293
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Obama's former WH doctor said today that he's concerned with Trump's not being able to find words or slurring them. That can be symptomatic of mini-strokes.

My mother had mini-strokes or TIAs (transient ischemic attacks). She'd be fine and then suddenly lose her ability to find the correct word and/or slur them. It would be fleeting and she'd recover very quickly within a couple minutes. Having TIAs can often precede a major stroke.

https://www.healthline.com/health/st...troke#duration
It's my understanding that they add up, even if there is no major stroke.

There are many comparisons on YouTube about Trump's thinking and speech back in 2000 vs. how he presented when he began running for office in 2015.

But his dumbed-down vocabulary and comportment apparently made him a more appealing candidate, which is sad for the country.
Minoosh is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics