IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 28th June 2022, 04:00 PM   #721
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
Where they stand on the Second Amendment. Somehow that doesn't seem real 'Christmasy' to me. In the photo below 'Daddy' is the one in the Let's Go Brandon tee shirt.
It's very "War on Christmas"-y, though.
Old 28th June 2022, 06:36 PM   #722
Carlotta
Muse

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
“I’m tired of this separation of church and state junk.”

Lauren Boebert went full theocracy, and proclaimed, “The church is supposed to direct the government” per the founding fathers.

Video in link

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/sta...08454740885511
Maybe it's just me, but that sounded an awful lot like the cadence of the speech in the Blues Brothers Illinois Nazis scene.
Carlotta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th June 2022, 10:32 PM   #723
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Well... and then there's this.

NC Republican Congressman Greg Murphy: Abortion isn't needed because rape doesn't exist

Quote:
No one forces anyone to have sex
Uh huh.
Old 30th June 2022, 12:04 AM   #724
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher

I would hate to be in public relations in this day and age. I would be beating up clients trying to take their phones and computers away.

"You'll get your phone back when you learn how to act like an adult, young man."
Old 1st July 2022, 09:07 AM   #725
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Since there’s a good chance that Cheney will be primaried here are some wonderful moments we can look forward to from her potential replacements.

https://twitter.com/accountablegop/s...8GyIPhAFt9Y02Q

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2022, 09:35 AM   #726
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Location: Out back preparing the bunker for the next Civil War
Excerpt from last night's Wyoming Republican House debate. Liz Cheney vs. 4 Morons:

https://twitter.com/AdamKinzinger/st...69181716201472
Old 1st July 2022, 10:08 AM   #727
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Excerpt from last night's Wyoming Republican House debate. Liz Cheney vs. 4 Morons:

https://twitter.com/AdamKinzinger/st...69181716201472
Copycat!

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2022, 10:17 AM   #728
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

This was my favorite. The lady who started out with January 6th "was a setup from the beginning," only to become completely tongue-tied.

Very impressive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Foggy.jpg (65.6 KB, 13 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2022, 10:26 AM   #729
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
Since there’s a good chance that Cheney will be primaried here are some wonderful moments we can look forward to from her potential replacements.
I hope she'll run as an independent. She'd be almost certain to win.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2022, 10:28 AM   #730
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
This was my favorite. The lady who started out with January 6th "was a setup from the beginning," only to become completely tongue-tied.

Very impressive.
That is somebody who is literally unable to think. She just memorized some talking points and forgot them under pressure.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2022, 10:37 AM   #731
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
Sure. Let's apply it to Joke Biden first, who needs a cue card to tell him when to speak and when to sit down.
Brandon is so old he probably wears diapers. Nobody really likes him. He’s a career politician and has never really done anything of note.

And yet poor little Trump got his ass handed to him by this feeble has been. That’s got to sting.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2022, 10:59 AM   #732
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

This wasn't SNL on a Thursday night.
This was Wyoming's Republican primary debate.

Video in link

https://twitter.com/AccountableGOP/s...66096537145345
Captain_Swoop is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2022, 11:53 AM   #733
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
This wasn't SNL on a Thursday night.
This was Wyoming's Republican primary debate.

Video in link

https://twitter.com/AccountableGOP/s...66096537145345
IS everyone going to post this?

Old 1st July 2022, 11:55 AM   #734
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

I was going to wait until later, if that’s ok.

Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2022, 12:07 PM   #735
Galaxie
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
I was going to wait until later, if that’s ok.
I'll be polite and wait until Dr. Keith does
Galaxie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2022, 12:18 PM   #736
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

What video?

Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2022, 12:18 PM   #737
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by Galaxie View Post
I'll be polite and wait until Dr. Keith does
Dm me if I wait too long. I feel a nap coming on.

Old 1st July 2022, 12:20 PM   #738
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Seriously, I never thought I'd be hoping Liz Cheney would win anything. Now I know how Cornwallis felt at Yorktown.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2022, 12:40 PM   #739
LongFuzzy
Critical Thinker

Liz and Hillery may share something in common. They both lose to morons.
LongFuzzy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2022, 01:02 PM   #740
shemp

I'll post it again in about an hour.
Old 1st July 2022, 02:29 PM   #741
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Did anyone rip their clothes of and prance around on stage?
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2022, 02:31 PM   #742
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

I'll post it again in about an hour.
I saw you posted it in another thread... perhaps just a link?

"Kookbreaker totally copied Shemp!"

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.

Last edited by Jim_MDP; 1st July 2022 at 02:33 PM.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2022, 03:38 PM   #743
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
That is somebody who is literally unable to think. She just memorized some talking points and forgot them under pressure.
Hey people should watch it. Better than SNL!

She also said -- and I have been unable to determine her name -- that there was a "small proportion of voter fraud" in Wyoming and it was "alarming." She said she learned of this, "When I talked to Mike Lindell."

I liked her better when she was saying, "Um, see, we can't, um, oh gosh, um, anyway..."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg When I talked to Mike Lindell.jpg (52.1 KB, 13 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st July 2022, 03:54 PM   #744
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Below is a screen cap of Harriet Hageman from the Twitter link. She is a practicing attorney and conservative activist. She has served as a delegate to the GOP National Convention and she ran, unsuccessfully, for governor of Wyoming in 2018.

I found her to be a bit scary.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg She was actually a little scary.jpg (38.2 KB, 16 views)
Old 1st July 2022, 04:00 PM   #745
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

In the best of all possible worlds, one of these idiots will beat Cheney, she'll run as an independent, the R vote will split and a Dem will win. Either that or Cheney will narrowly win, the Trumpers will stay home, and a Dem will win.
In all probability, the Trumper vote will be split four ways, Cheney will win the nomination easily and cruise to re-election.
Old 1st July 2022, 04:53 PM   #746
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
In the best of all possible worlds, one of these idiots will beat Cheney, she'll run as an independent, the R vote will split and a Dem will win. Either that or Cheney will narrowly win, the Trumpers will stay home, and a Dem will win.
In all probability, the Trumper vote will be split four ways, Cheney will win the nomination easily and cruise to re-election.
I'd rather have Cheney re-elected than one of those feces-for-brains. And no, I never thought I'd EVER be saying the bolded part. We live in strange times.
Old 1st July 2022, 05:13 PM   #747
shemp

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
I saw you posted it in another thread... perhaps just a link?

"Kookbreaker totally copied Shemp!"

No, I posted it in this thread, but it's a different Twitter account.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=726
Old 1st July 2022, 05:17 PM   #748
shemp

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
No, in the latest poll, Harriet Hagerman leads Liz Cheney 56% to 28%, with the other 16% spread between the three other morons.

https://crowdwisdom.live/politics/20...se-race-polls/
Old 1st July 2022, 06:24 PM   #749
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Harriet Hageman is expected to beat Liz Cheney in the primary. Hageman has trump's endorsement and she's all in for donnie boy.
From Salt Lake City's Deseret News:
Quote:
Hageman chose to support Sen. Ted Cruz during the Republican primary election in 2016 while pushing back on Trump’s reign. At the time, she called Trump “the weakest candidate,” according to The New York Times. Later on, many of the same Republicans who wholeheartedly opposed Trump joined his side — including Cruz and Hageman.

I heard and believed the lies the Democrats and Liz Cheney’s friends in the media were telling at the time, but that is ancient history as I quickly realized that their allegations against President Trump were untrue,” Hageman told the Times. “He was the greatest president of my lifetime, and I am proud to have been able to renominate him in 2020. And I’m proud to strongly support him today.” Deseret News link
She was against trump in 2016 because she believed all the lies about him. What lies? She sounds as transactional as trump is. These are people who just say anything whether it makes sense or not.

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
...We live in strange times.
Don't we ever.
Old 1st July 2022, 10:43 PM   #750
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

"Hageman chose to support Sen. Ted Cruz...." was enough for me to dismiss her as an idiot.
Old 2nd July 2022, 12:02 AM   #751
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

From The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Elmo responds to Ted Cruz complaining Elmo was promoting COVID vaccine.

The last fraction of a second of the song is NSFW. It flashes in a blink so you have to watch closely. The song ends ~10 sec before the video ends.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 2nd July 2022 at 12:05 AM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd July 2022, 11:20 AM   #752
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Great stuff! My Fave:

He's a low-life
Elbowed his wife
Ted Cruz song
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hes a low life.jpg (42.3 KB, 13 views)
Old 3rd July 2022, 02:18 AM   #753
Matthew Best
Philosopher

We've had the Wyoming Republican house debate highlights (several times if I'm not mistaken), but how about the highlights of the debate featuring the Republican candidates for the Governor of Arizona?

https://twitter.com/endajodowd/statu...15789845561346
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd July 2022, 06:18 PM   #754
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Matthew Best View Post
We've had the Wyoming Republican house debate highlights (several times if I'm not mistaken), but how about the highlights of the debate featuring the Republican candidates for the Governor of Arizona?

https://twitter.com/endajodowd/statu...15789845561346
One is pro-life from conception to death except for rape or incest when it suddenly becomes a "personal decision". Mama mia.
One is quoting 2000 Mules as proof of the stolen election.
Scott thinks we should "treat human life as well as we treat alien life that we discovered on another planet".

Really...is this an SNL skit?

Old 3rd July 2022, 09:38 PM   #755
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
One is pro-life from conception to death except for rape or incest when it suddenly becomes a "personal decision". Mama mia.
One is quoting 2000 Mules as proof of the stolen election.
Scott thinks we should "treat human life as well as we treat alien life that we discovered on another planet".

Really...is this an SNL skit?

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...23fc1c02d2.jpg
I don't know. I honestly just can't believe people can be this frickin' stupid. Even though I know tomorrow will bring someone even worse.
Old 3rd July 2022, 11:16 PM   #756
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TheGoldcountry View Post
I don't know. I honestly just can't believe people can be this frickin' stupid. Even though I know tomorrow will bring someone even worse.
Yeah, I know. It took me many years of living to lose my youthful naivete and realize just how frickin' stupid so many people are.
Old Today, 07:44 AM   #757
shemp

GOP Gubernatorial Nominee Pilloried for Saying ‘Let’s Move On’ After Highland Park Shooting

Quote:
The Republican gubernatorial nominee in Illinois is taking heat online after comments he made after Monday’s shooting in Highland Park.

A gunman opened fire during a parade in the Chicago suburb on Independence Day, sending parade-goers and participants fleeing for cover. Six people have died and at least 31 were wounded. Police have identified Robert Crimo III as a person of interest in the shooting.

As always happens after high-profile mass shootings, numerous politicians expressed outrage while sending well wishes to victims and their families. But Darren Bailey, the GOP nominee for Illinois governor, drew the ire of liberals on Twitter after posting a video message on Facebook about the incident.

Speaking in Skokie, Illinois, which is about 20 miles south of where the shooting occurred, Bailey gave a brief account of the episode. He noted the gunman was still at large and as a result, officials canceled the Independence Day parade in Skokie, which he said was “the right thing.”

Bailey offered prayers for the victims, their families, and law enforcement.

“The shooter is still at large, so let’s pray for justice to prevail,” he said. “And then let’s move on and let’s celebrate the independence of this nation. We know the mission. We have got to get corruption and evil out of our government, and we have got to elect men and women of honor and courage to get this country and this state back on track.”

Bailey’s plea for prayers with “let’s move on” went over as well as one would expect.
https://twitter.com/RexHuppke/status...64950640967680

Quote:
Ah, yes. Hours after a horrific, deadly mass shooting at a July 4th parade in Highland Park and the Republican gubernatorial candidate in Illinois says: "Let's move on." That's really the GOP's slogan after every mass shooting.
https://twitter.com/KeithOlbermann/s...61884936208384

Quote:
Happy 4th of July from
@DarrenBaileyIL
Trump's soulless candidate for governor of Illinois.

After a mass shooting miles away Bailey sums up the
@GOP: "let’s move on and celebrate the independence of this nation."

To hell with him and all who support him
Old Today, 07:52 AM   #758
shemp

See if you can spot the mistake in Nikki Haley's math:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nikki haley is an idiot.jpg (45.9 KB, 9 views)
Old Today, 08:53 AM   #759
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

See if you can spot the mistake in Nikki Haley's math:
It doesn't matter. Most of the people who might be swayed by such a message would agree with the maths, the rest don't care. ;(
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics