ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags loose change , final cut

Old 12th November 2007, 02:57 PM   #161
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

No April Gallop. No W-Rod. No Barry Jennings (except for the old 9-11 clip of him).
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2007, 03:03 PM   #162
MetalliSociety
Critical Thinker

Lol....Dylan says that WTC 7 is supposed to be bomb resistant and bullet proof. Guess a CD couldn't have happened after all!

I win again! HIGHFIVE!
MetalliSociety is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2007, 03:05 PM   #163
CHF
Illuminator

Yeah, looks like Dylan couldn't get the rights to Willy Rod's testimony.

Must have cost too much.
CHF is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2007, 03:07 PM   #164
MetalliSociety
Critical Thinker

Oh lord. He's using 9/11 Mysteries pyroclastic claim? Apparently he doesn't know what the definistion of that is. Is there a volcano underneath the WTC complex or something?

I win again! HIGHFIVE!
MetalliSociety is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2007, 03:18 PM   #165
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

I found the presentation of the North of Citgo flight plan quite compelling.

/jk
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2007, 03:53 PM   #166
Boone 870
Critical Thinker

Undesired Walrus-

Quote:
The 10 largest U.S. carriers posted a mishandled baggage rate of 4.52 reports per 1,000 passengers in March, not as good as February's mark of 3.85 but better than March 2001's 5.03 for the same 10 carriers. For the first three months this year, the 10 carriers recorded a mishandled baggage rate of 4.37, much better than the 5.28 mark for the first quarter of 2001.
http://www.bts.gov/press_releases/2002/dot046_02.html

5.28 complaints per 1000 passengers for the first quarter of 2001. That's roughly 1 out of every 189 passengers.
Boone 870 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2007, 04:11 PM   #167
qarnos
Cold-hearted skeptic

Originally Posted by MetalliSociety View Post
Also, like Bofors, Dylan and Co. never read the NIST report, and they have openly admited that they "dont have the time" to read over the report.
I believe the scientific terminology is TL;DR.
Old 12th November 2007, 04:13 PM   #168
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by Alt+F4 View Post
And speaking of other weird things in this steaming pile, what is the point of telling us Llyod England belongs to the Blue Knights Motocycle Club?
You'd understand if you knew how many light poles those guys have knocked down over the years.

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2007, 04:31 PM   #169
Mancman
Graduate Poster

After banging on about buildings burning for 18 hours, Avery says
Quote:
Two 110 story skyscrapers, completed in 1973, burn for 56 minutes over 8 floors, and 103 minutes over 5 floors.
That should be 56 minutes over 6 floors and 103 minutes over (at least) 11 floors. The building in Philly burned for 18 hours over 8 floors, yet the WTC burned over a similar/greater area in just a fraction of the time, due to the jet fuel.
Old 12th November 2007, 05:02 PM   #170
MetalliSociety
Critical Thinker

Just finished the whole movie. Welp, there's nothing earth shattering in it, and quite frankly it almost put me to sleep with Avery's boring and illogically structured arguments.

Anyone with half a brain can see that this move is bunk.

I win again! HIGHFIVE!
Old 12th November 2007, 05:05 PM   #171
Alt+F4
diabolical globalist

Just finished the whole movie. Welp, there's nothing earth shattering in it, and quite frankly it almost put me to sleep with Avery's boring and illogically structured arguments.
And Dylan Avery actually expects people to pay to see it. I feel ripped off and I saw it for free.
Old 12th November 2007, 05:06 PM   #172
jon
Muse

I like the fact that, near the end, they say that the comic book version of the 9/11 Commission Report will tell you all you need to know Did Avery et al read the actual report, or just the comic book?
Old 12th November 2007, 06:28 PM   #173
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™

Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
This appears to be the full video, for those of you who are dying to see how it ends. I am too busy at the moment watching a David Gilmour DVD.

http://video.google.com/googleplayer...61960956516&hl
Thanks.

The last half was as poor as the first half that I watched last night. Seriously crappy, mind-numbingly boring, and - like all of the previous versions - full of long debunked nonsense, deceptions and outright lies.
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2007, 08:36 PM   #174
KoihimeNakamura
Creativity Murderer

Location: In 2.5 million spinning tons of metal, above Epsilion Eridani III
If only I had a microphone, and some skill, I'd contemplate MSTing it. Ah well.
Old 12th November 2007, 08:55 PM   #175
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

LCFC is now available for free, officially. That was fast.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...24297300734616

Edit: JamesB linked to it above.

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links

Last edited by Gravy; 12th November 2007 at 08:57 PM.
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2007, 09:00 PM   #176
John Blonn
Critical Thinker

So wait a second.

What about all those people who downloaded a streaming feed for 7 bucks?

Why do a streaming internet pay-per-view release if you're just going to make it available for free the next day?

Umm...?
John Blonn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2007, 09:40 PM   #177
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

I'd be pissed, like those guys who bought an iPhone on the first day. They didn't even wait a month.
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2007, 10:02 PM   #178
A W Smith
Philosopher

Well. I guess i can just delete the 14 1/2 megabytes out of 631 I started to download last night on Azureus, Nothing to see here. Or maybe I should just continue to download and not view it just to share it. It would be like knifing dylans pockets.

In the time it took me to type this its already at 54 megabytes.
Galileo:The jury said I didn't have any mental defects or diseases, they declared me 100% sane. Has a jury ever declared you sane?
Don’t get me lol’n off my chesterfield dude.
A W Smith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2007, 10:09 PM   #179
JamesB
Master Poster

Well after years of insisting there were no fires or damage to WTC7, Dylan is now asking if it fell due to fires and damage or if it was "also" controlled demolition. I am still waiting to hear what type of demo setup could survive 7 hours of fires.
I said lots of things in NPH that I would not say today and that I did not repeat in NPHR, where I specifically corrected at least some of the errors I had made in that earlier book, written 5 years ago.
-David Ray Griffin-
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2007, 11:12 PM   #180
Mangoose
Muse

LOL, at 1:47:06, Dylan tries to time the length of the collapse of WTC7 as "appoximately 6.5 seconds". The funny thing is that before he even starts the clock (by which time the small penthouse had already collapsed), you can hear the sound of the collapse....and this was from a building some distance away.
Mangoose is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2007, 11:27 PM   #181
Mangoose
Muse

The 1.3GB MOV file from thepiratebay is the one to get...it is complete (2 hr 9 min) and full resolution. I think the 600MB one has errors in it.
Mangoose is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2007, 11:47 PM   #182
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

Lol....Dylan says that WTC 7 is supposed to be bomb resistant and bullet proof.

It's a shame they didn't make it building-proof.

-Gumboot

O xein', angellein Lakedaimoniois hoti têde
keimetha tois keinon rhémasi peithomenoi.

A fan of fantasy? Check out Project Dreamforge.
gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2007, 11:51 PM   #183
CptColumbo
Just One More Question

Lol....Dylan says that WTC 7 is supposed to be bomb resistant and bullet proof. Guess a CD couldn't have happened after all!
Are they claiming that 1&2 were designed to withstand the impact of any jumbo jet? A person I know who saw it thought they did.
The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices to be only found in the minds of men. Prejudices and suspicion can destroy, and a thoughtless frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all its own.--Rod Serling
CptColumbo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2007, 12:01 AM   #184
boloboffin

The movie we can't debunk...because Dylan barely says a [rule10] thing!
boloboffin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2007, 12:09 AM   #185
ref
Master Poster

Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
Well after years of insisting there were no fires or damage to WTC7, Dylan is now asking if it fell due to fires and damage or if it was "also" controlled demolition. I am still waiting to hear what type of demo setup could survive 7 hours of fires.
Is he saying the building was damaged and had fires, but was also demolished? Oh dear. I get the feeling he doesn't want to step on anybody's toes. That also means the movie is not going to please anyone.

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro

Last edited by ref; 13th November 2007 at 12:10 AM.
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2007, 12:51 AM   #186
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Just listened to Alex Jones' broadcast today. He went into the second hour before plugging LCFC, which again reinforced my impression that Jones and the LC kids are somewhat on the skids. He made a claim that he personally will have to declare bankruptcy if Loose Change isn't a success. He talked about the costs of the movie, claiming that the check for the animation alone was $40,000, and went on to include the costs of four people living for two years, which made me scratch my head a bit. Dylan, Jason, Korey and...? One of the hangers on? Dylan's girlfriend split a long time ago. That cute office assistant, Kris or something like that? He said something about how there were four or five investors in the movie, and that was why they couldn't put it up on YouTube or GoogleVideo, and that they were going to pull down the versions that were up because they had to make money to encourage future videos. Except that the video Gravy linked to was posted by Louder than Words themselves (couldn't tell with the one JamesB linked because it was nearly fullscreen).
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2007, 12:57 AM   #187
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jon View Post
I like the fact that, near the end, they say that the comic book version of the 9/11 Commission Report will tell you all you need to know Did Avery et al read the actual report, or just the comic book?
While I sympathized with the idea of a graphic adaptation, the actual execution was embarrassing in parts.

Last edited by Brainster; 13th November 2007 at 12:58 AM.
Old 13th November 2007, 01:06 AM   #188
jhunter1163
beer-swilling semiliterate

Location: Connecticut, or King Arthur's Court. Hard to tell sometimes.
Originally Posted by Mangoose View Post
The 1.3GB MOV file from thepiratebay is the one to get...it is complete (2 hr 9 min) and full resolution. I think the 600MB one has errors in it.

They left those in on purpose. Bermass said so himself.
Old 13th November 2007, 01:13 AM   #189
Undesired Walrus
Penultimate Amazing

Why does Dylan feel the need to lower his voice?
Undesired Walrus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2007, 01:18 AM   #190
ref
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Dylan, Jason, Korey and...? One of the hangers on? Dylan's girlfriend split a long time ago. That cute office assistant, Kris or something like that?
That's Kristina 'Kristy' Kissner.

Their general manager, bookkeeper, financial advisor and publicity director along with general offices duties, scheduling and phone support.

http://www.loosechange911.com/crew.shtml

Conspiracy theories abound and I believe firmly that all of them are without merit. - Chief Daniel Nigro
ref is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2007, 01:32 AM   #191
uk_dave
Philosopher

Originally Posted by ref View Post
That's Kristina 'Kristy' Kissner.

Their general manager, bookkeeper, financial advisor and publicity director along with general offices duties, scheduling and phone support.

http://www.loosechange911.com/crew.shtml
KKK eh? Hmmmmmmm
uk_dave is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2007, 02:05 AM   #192
MetalliSociety
Critical Thinker

Interesting. If Jones is paying for LTW's living, and he goes bankrupt if LCFC fails, then if this does fail will the Truth Movement effectively collapse? God I hope so...

Didn't Avery brag that LCFC cost over 1 million to make? I'm a little curious as to where all that million went if only 40 grand went to the CG animations, and figureing that would probably be the most expensive part since the rest is just interviews with a camera and footage previously used i the other versions.

I win again! HIGHFIVE!
Old 13th November 2007, 02:23 AM   #193
ref
Master Poster

I think the number of advertisements is a slight indicator of their financial desperation. They want to milk out all the money, while they still can.

Today I counted 35 (yes that's thirty-five) different advertisements on prisonplanet.com frontpage alone, including the advertisements squeezed among the actual article topics. And I didn't even include the several "subscribe to prisonplanet.tv" or "advertise with us" ads. Those would have brought the number close to 40.

Their frontpage is so complex with all the flashing ads nowadays, it's not pleasent for the eye, even if you forget all the repulsive content inside. The ad count has incresed dramatically over the last year or so. Nowadays, you can't even see the "News In Focus" highlights, before you have scrolled down a page full of flashing ads. That's also very telling. Ad's first, important news later.

Last edited by ref; 13th November 2007 at 02:27 AM.
Old 13th November 2007, 03:11 AM   #194
Mancman
Graduate Poster

At around 1:15 Dylan maintains that the steel embedded in World Financial Centre 3 weighed 'upto 300 tons'. Since it was surely from the 80th floor or above of WTC1 - wouldn't 5/6 tons be a better estimate? Even the heaviest column trees were IIRC 22 tons.

Of course Dylan doesn't explain that this steel could never be propelled by cutter charges, or by thermite.

This is followed by a harebrained comment by Gordon Ross, who cannot see any reason why steel would land 'tens of metres' away from the towers.
Old 13th November 2007, 03:21 AM   #195
Mancman
Graduate Poster

Around 1:24 Dylan says they stopped using asbestos fireproofing at the 64th floor of WTC2. Was it not the 34th floor of WTC1 with none in WTC2?

He also claims that asbestos removal would have cost over $1 billion.
Old 13th November 2007, 03:36 AM   #196
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Originally Posted by Mancman View Post
At around 1:15 Dylan maintains that the steel embedded in World Financial Centre 3 weighed 'upto 300 tons'. Since it was surely from the 80th floor or above of WTC1 - wouldn't 5/6 tons be a better estimate? Even the heaviest column trees were IIRC 22 tons.
Someone should tell Dylan not to believe anything official without double-checking!

The '300 tons'-mistake was made by FEMA, and, strangely, THAT Dylan believes!

911myths has is all.
Old 13th November 2007, 03:48 AM   #197
Undesired Walrus
Penultimate Amazing

I thought by far the most compelling video he showed was of George Bush holding the news conference in which he wanted to have the testimonial behind closed doors and not under oath, with Dick Cheney (In order to get their evidence straight wink wink).

It was very edgy and mysterious, which indeed is the loose change way. And it proves to be effective propoganda. At least in my eyes.

I managed to hammer it into myself however that this proves absolutely nothing other than it is a bit fishy.

Any takers on this?
Undesired Walrus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2007, 04:50 AM   #198
twinstead
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Undesired Walrus View Post
I thought by far the most compelling video he showed was of George Bush holding the news conference in which he wanted to have the testimonial behind closed doors and not under oath, with Dick Cheney (In order to get their evidence straight wink wink).

It was very edgy and mysterious, which indeed is the loose change way. And it proves to be effective propoganda. At least in my eyes.

I managed to hammer it into myself however that this proves absolutely nothing other than it is a bit fishy.

Any takers on this?
Well, effective propaganda that also happens to be wrong is dangerous, don't you think?
twinstead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2007, 04:51 AM   #199
JAStewart
Graduate Poster
Tagger

Originally Posted by Mangoose View Post
I think know that the 1.3GB movie will have the same and more errors!

Argumentum ad YouTubeum - sts60
JAStewart is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2007, 05:24 AM   #200
JCM
Muse

Quote:
Is it just me or does Avery have the most annoying and boring voice of any narrator ever?
You obviously have never heard Eric Hufschmid
JCM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories