ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags "They Live" , horror movies , Illuminati conspiracies , science fiction movies

Old 5th April 2018, 08:57 AM   #1
tinribmancer
Hasbarian NWO Templar Cattle

They Live (US)/Invasion Los Angeles (EU). Why do truthers care?

I was watching a video on YT yesterday when they mentioned the Title "They Live". So, I looked it up on Wikipedia. For those who don't know the movie:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Drifter "John Nada" finds construction work in Los Angeles and befriends fellow construction worker Frank Armitage, who leads him to a shantytown soup kitchen. A disruptive television signal and a preacher both warn of conspiracies, and Nada discovers a nearby church is a front for scientific equipment. After the church is raided and the shantytown bulldozed, Nada retrieves a box of sunglasses from the church's wall, wearing one pair and hiding the rest in an alley dumpster. The sunglasses reveal a hidden reality: media and advertising hide omnipresent subliminal commands to obey, consume, reproduce, and conform, while many of the elite are actually humanoid aliens with grotesque faces.

When Nada confronts an alien woman, she alerts others via a wristwatch communicator. Two alien police confront Nada, but he kills them and goes on a shooting spree with their guns, killing aliens in a nearby bank while one uses its wristwatch to vanish; Nada spares a human police officer. Nada escapes, taking Cable 54 assistant director Holly Thompson hostage. She rejects his claims and pushes him through the window of her luxurious hill-top home before calling the police; Nada escapes, but loses his sunglasses in the fall.

Now a fugitive, Nada returns to the alley and retrieves the box of sunglasses from a garbage truck. Frank meets Nada to give him his paycheck. Frank also disbelieves Nada, but Nada forces a pair of sunglasses onto his face after an extended street fight. Accepting what he has now seen, Frank goes into hiding with Nada. They learn of a secret meeting for anti-alien activists, where they are given contact lenses to replace the sunglasses. The aliens control Earth as they have other planets in the past; they deplete each planet's resources and destroy its environment before moving onto others. If the source of the aliens' broadcast signal can be destroyed, all of humanity will see the hidden reality. Holly arrives to join the cause, apologizing to Nada. The meeting is raided by police, who kill activists; Nada and Frank use a stolen alien wristwatch to escape through a portal, entering the aliens' secret command center.

Nada and Frank discover a banquet celebration of aliens and human collaborators, one of whom (a former shantytown resident) gives them a tour of the facility, assuming they are also collaborators. Nada and Frank exit into the basement of Cable 54, the source of the signal. They fight their way through the building to the roof where the alien transmitter is disguised as a satellite dish. They encounter Holly, who joins them but then murders Frank; she is a collaborator. Nada kills Holly and destroys the transmitter, but is fatally wounded by aliens in a helicopter. With the signal destroyed, humans all over the world discover the aliens in their midst.
Searching for some short clips on YT gave me the following video's (most of them are just clips from the movie (1 person uploading the whole thing)):

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Originally Posted by Hans Carlsson
THEY are still in the midst of us and probably have increased violently in numbers and today are performing their atrocities more in the hidden...

It is tough to awaken people to the reality that is hidden from them, but those who really want to know the truth about the plight we find ourselves today can do this here: http://sophias-correction.weebly.com/

http://fliphtml5.com/bookcase/zzuop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1Y1t...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhLdI...

Use this link http://en.savefrom.net/1-how-to-downl... to download the video https://youtu.be/HEa6-hahYds and upload this important video on your on YT-channel...
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

@1:09, Colin Young edited the sentence "Kill Illuminati Mission" in the video (there are more video's from him, since this is part 5 of 9, so I'm pretty sure he has more kookery to share)

I AGREE

Originally Posted by ODD Reality
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------These days 'They Live' is looking more like Science than it is Fiction. When compared to the world elite or the Illuminati and their obsession with controlling the world and everybody in it, this movie seems like it's based on a true story.
"True Story", my ass..

Also, check the comment section, lots of nutter comments. One person saying Stefan Molyneux is part of the big scheme, while other say he's "opening yer eyes".

I AGREE

Originally Posted by Affected Collective
Recently I've become acutely aware of something that DEEP DOWN, WE ARE ALL AWARE OF. The fact of the matter is: WE DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH OF THE FICTIONAL STORIES WE CREATE ARE ACTUALLY TRUE. The act of of being creative is, in itself, touching upon the most inner wisdom- the most beautiful part of what makes us humans. Could our works of creativity also be the key that turns the door into the most sacred and ancient of forgotten human knowledge? I believe so, and I'm in hot pursuit of finding out!

All of my research leads back to this fact: We (the human race) have been INFILTRATED at the highest levels of power by what appear to be interdimensional beings, for whom "TIME" and "SPACE" can be easily manipulated to satisfy their nefarious needs. "When" they came is no longer very relevant because our ORIGINAL timeline was changed instantaneously across time and space, at the quantum level. The answers are within us, but it'll take a lot of clever backwards-ingenuity to uncover the answers we seek. Let's put our heads together & figure this out! It'll be fun, kind of like coming up with a "fan theory" of your favorite movie after you've watched it a thousand times... lol ��

Thanks for watching & MUCH LOVE to everybody!
As always, feel free to LIKE, SUBSCRIBE, COMMENT & SHARE!

Announcing the NEW Affected Collective PATREON PAGE!
http://patreon.com/affectedcollective

Come help me build a community of innovative thinkers who are ready to get down to business with some serious discussion about what's really going on!

All Patreon Supporters get SPECIAL V.I.P. ACCESS TO UNRELEASED FOOTAGE by Affected Collective, as well as Exclusive Live Chats every month, & much more! I'll see ya there! ❤️ MUCH LOVE! ❤️
"Innovative Thinkers". They used to throw these people in Insane Asylums...

Can somebody tell me why this is a thing? CTers see movies as "Brainwash" and "Mind Control". It's really annoying looking this up on yt and most of these being uploaded (the longer one's) by cranks..

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong

Last edited by tinribmancer; 5th April 2018 at 08:59 AM.
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2018, 09:28 AM   #2
Halcyon Dayz
Critical Thinker

CTers don't seem to be able to get metaphors.
Old 5th April 2018, 09:54 AM   #3
Mark F
Graduate Poster

"I have come here to kick a__ and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of bubble gum."

I only watch that movie until he says that line, then I change the channel.
Old 5th April 2018, 10:35 AM   #4
tinribmancer

And of course, this guy can't be missed:

I AGREE

"And belief in conspiracy theories is not the function of a higher intellect." - BStrong
tinribmancer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th April 2018, 10:55 AM   #5
332nd
Penultimate Amazing

I was in a show once where I played an agent for The Eternal Order of They better catchall than Illuminatti.

At any rate, if They can easily manipulate space time... well I for one welcome our new overlords, cuz there's not much we could do to stop them.
Old 6th April 2018, 01:49 PM   #6
imodium
Thinker

david icke needs to take the blame.
he also built a conspiracy out of the matrix.
imodium is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2018, 10:16 AM   #7
dudalb
Suspended

I used to really like that movie until the conspiracy loons made it a mantra...
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2018, 11:53 AM   #8
tinribmancer

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Yeah, CTers like to ruin the fun for everyone. I used to love watching implosion video's, but every single vid I found on Youtube always had top comments like: "Where's 9/11??", "No 9/11??" & "Why isn't 9/11 in there? That was the best one around!".

Old 10th April 2018, 05:51 PM   #9
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mark F View Post
"I have come here to kick a__ and chew bubble gum, and I'm all out of bubble gum."

I only watch that movie until he says that line, then I change the channel.
I watch the whole damn thing. That line is one for the ages. I know a few folks irl that cite TL as art reflecting life as they see it but it's nothing more than a guilty pleasure grade B movie, although Meg Foster is always good to watch.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2018, 10:31 AM   #10
Hans
Philosopher

Yeah I watched it yesterday having somehow missed it earlier in life

Utter delicious trash. What a good bad movie.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2018, 10:42 AM   #11
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I wasn't even aware that they had. It's a decent movie, and worth watching just for the ridiculous scene where the two leads fight for 10 minutes just to see if Keith David's character will try out the glasses.

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Yeah I watched it yesterday having somehow missed it earlier in life

Utter delicious trash. What a good bad movie.
No Carpenter movie could really ever be called bad, to my knowledge.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories