ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags airplane incidents , government conspiracies , Malaysia incidents

Reply
Old 9th March 2014, 04:16 AM   #41
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 17,308
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Because everyone knows that disintegrating aircraft fragments cannot rotate, ever.

Sickest JREF thread ever.
Almost, the only thing that saves it is that there are Holocaust denial threads. Still I put him about on par with that crowd.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 04:26 AM   #42
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing
 
Anders Lindman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 13,833
Search boat reports debris possibly from missing Malaysia plane -- http://www.latimes.com/la-fg-wn-mala...0,113928.story

I have hedged my bet and if it's debris from the plane, then I claim there were no passengers or crew.
Anders Lindman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 04:31 AM   #43
Dissolution
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,306
Originally Posted by Anders Lindman View Post
Search boat reports debris possibly from missing Malaysia plane -- http://www.latimes.com/la-fg-wn-mala...0,113928.story

I have hedged my bet and if it's debris from the plane, then I claim there were no passengers or crew.
Why? You're basing this ludicrous claim on absolutely nothing.
Dissolution is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 04:34 AM   #44
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 18,142
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Almost, the only thing that saves it is that there are Holocaust denial threads. Still I put him about on par with that crowd.
Yup, it's right up there, but it is about garnering attention, and given the lack of said attention elsewhere, such an attention seeker must perforce become more outrageous and strident to gain such attention, regardless of the morality. IOW "2 hundred and some people die, look at me!" is all there is.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 04:35 AM   #45
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing
 
Anders Lindman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 13,833
Originally Posted by Dissolution View Post
Why? You're basing this ludicrous claim on absolutely nothing.
Maybe no plane will be found. And then debunkers will no doubt come up with exceptional cases about how a bomb can evaporate a plane, or how a plane can become buried under miles of sediment under the ocean, something like that. To preempt attempts like that, here is:

"The director-general, Mohd Amdan Kurish, said the ship was ordered to collect samples of the oil to determine if it came from the plane, Malaysia’s state-run Bernama news agency reported.

If the plane did crash into the sea, “obviously we will find clothes, bags and debris that float,” he added, according to Bernama." -- http://www.latimes.com/la-fg-wn-mala...0,113928.story
Anders Lindman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 04:37 AM   #46
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 18,142
Originally Posted by Anders Lindman View Post
Search boat reports debris possibly from missing Malaysia plane -- http://www.latimes.com/la-fg-wn-mala...0,113928.story

I have hedged my bet and if it's debris from the plane, then I claim there were no passengers or crew.
You abdicate your OP? How long before you abdicate this claim?
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 04:54 AM   #47
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator
 
Foolmewunz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pattaya, Thailand
Posts: 39,144
Originally Posted by Anders Lindman View Post
If emotions prevent one from looking into possible conspiracies, then that's a logical fallacy.
And, as I said,.... I don't care about the logical fallacy. I care about the humans who were involved in this and other tragedies and whose deaths and losses you mock.

You apparently think this kind of crap is cute, as it seems to entertain you to come up with a ludicrous and tasteless (if not downright disgusting, depending on one's personal tolerance levels) alt dot history of tragic events that include accusing victims as being part of of conspiracy.

This accident is fresh. It just happened. Fog of war, and all that. There are always conflicting reports.

> The MY government reports the plane missing at 2:40 am
> The plane left the radar screens at around 1:25 am
OMG!! Conspiracy! No. It's just the official version of things because the aircraft was being passed off to HCM air control, apparently around 1:25 and after they couldn't locate it anywhere, HCM reported it missing an hour later, first (quite probably) thinking that there was an error somewhere.
The head of Malaysian Airlines reported that time because that's when they first truly realized they had a problem.

> The navy and air search is reported to be in the Gulf of Thailand.
> Wait, they've said they're checking the South China Sea.
OMG!!! Conspiracy! No. The Gulf of Thailand/Gulf of Siam has a loosey goosey "border" with the South China Sea. The area to search for wreckage or would encompass that gray area.

It's sundown over here, so they're not doing any searching other than electronic, right now. Let them do their stuff.

(Folks, over on RT comments.... "It was probably a mid-air collision with one of Obama's drones." Anders is almost a sweetie.)
__________________
Ha! Foolmewunz has just been added to the list of people who aren't complete idiots. Hokulele

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 05:13 AM   #48
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 17,308
Originally Posted by Anders Lindman View Post
Maybe no plane will be found. And then debunkers will no doubt come up with exceptional cases about how a bomb can evaporate a plane, or how a plane can become buried under miles of sediment under the ocean, something like that. To preempt attempts like that, here is:

"The director-general, Mohd Amdan Kurish, said the ship was ordered to collect samples of the oil to determine if it came from the plane, Malaysia’s state-run Bernama news agency reported.

If the plane did crash into the sea, “obviously we will find clothes, bags and debris that float,” he added, according to Bernama." -- http://www.latimes.com/la-fg-wn-mala...0,113928.story
Why do you feel like you need hatred in your life?
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 05:52 AM   #49
SpitfireIX
Illuminator
 
SpitfireIX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana, USA
Posts: 4,485
Originally Posted by Anders Lindman View Post
Even if a wreckage is found, it could have been a plane without passengers or crew, like TWA 800.

I'm going to repeat some advice I gave you last year:

Originally Posted by SpitfireIX View Post
Anders, why don't you visit Montoursville, PennsylvaniaWP, and explain to all the people there how 21 students and teachers from their high school either aren't really dead, or never even existed. I'm sure they'd be extremely interested in that information.
__________________
Handy responses to conspiracy theorists' claims:
1) "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." --Charles Babbage
2) "This isn't right. This isn't even wrong." --Wolfgang Pauli
3) "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." --Inigo Montoya
SpitfireIX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 06:19 AM   #50
Tomtomkent
Philosopher
 
Tomtomkent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,603
Originally Posted by Anders Lindman View Post
Search boat reports debris possibly from missing Malaysia plane -- http://www.latimes.com/la-fg-wn-mala...0,113928.story

I have hedged my bet and if it's debris from the plane, then I claim there were no passengers or crew.
I am sure that will be a great condolence to all those who lost somebody.
__________________
@tomhodden

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).
Tomtomkent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 06:22 AM   #51
Tomtomkent
Philosopher
 
Tomtomkent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,603
Originally Posted by Anders Lindman View Post
"Appeal to emotion or argumentum ad passiones is a logical fallacy which uses the manipulation of the recipient's emotions, rather than valid logic, to win an argument." -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appeal_to_emotion

Even if a wreckage is found, it could have been a plane without passengers or crew, like TWA 800.
You know, an appeal to taste and respect for others need not be appeal to emotion. Especially when they are not debating if you are wrong, but debating if you should have started the thread at all.

Show a glimmer of humanity for once. Report your own thread and request it be deleted for reasons of taste.

ETA: I actually reported it myself. As I find the entire concept vulgar and uncivil. I asked that if the thread not be deleted it at least be held in storage for a suitable time of mourning lest anybody on the these forums has lost somebody, or for that matter finds the recent events emotive. I think this thread goes against the compassion that this community shows to each other, and to those in the wider world.
__________________
@tomhodden

Never look up an E-book because this signature line told you. Especially not Dead Lament (ASIN: B00JEN1MWY). Or A Little Trouble (ASIN: B00GQFZZQW).

Last edited by Tomtomkent; 9th March 2014 at 06:32 AM.
Tomtomkent is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 06:45 AM   #52
NoahFence
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Patriot Nation
Posts: 22,131
Originally Posted by Anders Lindman View Post
The stolen passports seem real, yet the incident itself smacks of a hoax, as a media diversion from the Ukraine situation.

"Malaysia Airlines flight MH 370

... After the airline released a manifest of the 239 people on the plane, Austria denied that one of its citizens was on the flight as the list had stated. The Austrian citizen was safe and sound, and his passport had been stolen two years ago, Austrian Foreign Ministry spokesman Martin Weiss said.

Similarly, Italy's foreign ministry confirmed that no Italians were on the flight, even though an Italian was listed on the manifest. Malaysian officials said they were aware of reports that the Italian's passport was also stolen but had not confirmed it." -- http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/08/wo...html?hpt=hp_t1

"(Reuters) - Radar tracking a missing Malaysia Airlines flight indicated that it may have turned back from its scheduled route to Beijing before disappearing" -- http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0M605320140309

Only now they found out that the airliner had turned back? Surely those who tracked the plane's flight path live would have noticed that.
Can't you people take anything at face value?
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 06:55 AM   #53
threadworm
Graduate Poster
 
threadworm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,541
Originally Posted by Anders Lindman View Post
Search boat reports debris possibly from missing Malaysia plane -- http://www.latimes.com/la-fg-wn-mala...0,113928.story

I have hedged my bet and if it's debris from the plane, then I claim there were no passengers or crew.
In other words you've declared it a conspiracy, therefore it is - no matter what evidence emerges it will support one of your delusional fantasies.

Back under your bridge.
__________________
Facts are simple and facts are straight, facts are lazy and facts are late, facts don't come with points of view, facts don't do what I want them to.

**************************

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 06:58 AM   #54
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing
 
Anders Lindman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 13,833
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
You abdicate your OP? How long before you abdicate this claim?
News update:

Official: 'Strange object' not debris from missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 -- http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/09/wo...ane/index.html
Anders Lindman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 07:02 AM   #55
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing
 
Anders Lindman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 13,833
Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
And, as I said,.... I don't care about the logical fallacy. I care about the humans who were involved in this and other tragedies and whose deaths and losses you mock.
And if it's the ruling powers that are fooling you? And the whole incident fake. Then there are no plane victims involved for you or anyone else to care about.
Anders Lindman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 07:59 AM   #56
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing
 
Anders Lindman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 13,833
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Because everyone knows that disintegrating aircraft fragments cannot rotate, ever.
""The fact that we are unable to find any debris so far appears to indicate that the aircraft is likely to have disintegrated at around 35,000 feet," said the source, who is involved in the investigations in Malaysia." -- http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/c...,1515462.story

Disintegrated in mid air? Do you claim Judy Wood's particle beam from outer space hit the plane? Or do you blame it on one of Jim Fetzer's mini nukes?
Anders Lindman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 08:07 AM   #57
Dissolution
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,306
Why on earth would anyone create this story as a means to distract from the situation in the Ukraine?
It's done nothing of the sort. It would be an abject failure. It makes no sense.

Typical CT garbage.
Dissolution is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 08:09 AM   #58
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing
 
Anders Lindman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 13,833
Originally Posted by Dissolution View Post
Why on earth would anyone create this story as a means to distract from the situation in the Ukraine?
It's done nothing of the sort. It would be an abject failure. It makes no sense.

Typical CT garbage.
I wrote this earlier:

"The interesting question is if this apparent hoax is meant to be more than just a media diversion. Could be. We will see what happens in the near future." -- http://www.internationalskeptics.com...64&postcount=4
Anders Lindman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 08:11 AM   #59
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing
 
Anders Lindman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 13,833
So the supposed plane is supposed to have turned around and then disintegrated in mid air. Is anyone really buying that story?
Anders Lindman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 08:13 AM   #60
Dissolution
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,306
Originally Posted by Anders Lindman View Post
I wrote this earlier:

"The interesting question is if this apparent hoax is meant to be more than just a media diversion. Could be. We will see what happens in the near future." -- http://www.internationalskeptics.com...64&postcount=4
Which translates as, "I have no evidence to support my hypothesis and no reason as to why anyone would do it".
I really hope that you don't believe all of this stuff, but having browsed a few CT sites it's definitely a possibility.
Dissolution is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 08:19 AM   #61
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing
 
Anders Lindman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 13,833
Originally Posted by Dissolution View Post
Which translates as, "I have no evidence to support my hypothesis and no reason as to why anyone would do it".
I really hope that you don't believe all of this stuff, but having browsed a few CT sites it's definitely a possibility.
At least I have a hypothesis instead of it all just being a big 'mystery' as reported by the media. The whole mainstream media suddenly taken a Coast to Coast AM route. What's next? The Bermuda triangle has been moved by Bigfoot in a UFO?
Anders Lindman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 08:28 AM   #62
Jrrarglblarg
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12,673
Originally Posted by Anders Lindman View Post
So the supposed plane is supposed to have turned around and then disintegrated in mid air. Is anyone really buying that story?
The intelligent reader might wait for information before drawing conclusions.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 08:47 AM   #63
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing
 
Anders Lindman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 13,833
Originally Posted by ApolloGnomon View Post
The intelligent reader might wait for information before drawing conclusions.
Tell that to Reuters:

Exclusive: Probe into missing Malaysia plane looks at possible mid-air disintegration - source -- http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A280FF20140309

Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing -- http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/0...A2701C20140309
Anders Lindman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 09:08 AM   #64
threadworm
Graduate Poster
 
threadworm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,541
Originally Posted by ApolloGnomon View Post
The intelligent reader might wait for information before drawing conclusions.
They are doing.
__________________
Facts are simple and facts are straight, facts are lazy and facts are late, facts don't come with points of view, facts don't do what I want them to.

**************************

Apollo Hoax Debunked
threadworm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 09:10 AM   #65
Jrrarglblarg
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12,673
Originally Posted by threadworm View Post
They are doing.
Precisely.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 09:15 AM   #66
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing
 
Anders Lindman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 13,833
"Using a system that looks for flashes around the world, the Pentagon reviewed preliminary surveillance data from the area where the plane disappeared and saw no evidence of an explosion, said an American government official who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the subject matter was classified." -- http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/10/wo...hpw&rref=world
Anders Lindman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 09:19 AM   #67
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing
 
Anders Lindman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 13,833
Originally Posted by threadworm View Post
They are doing.
Some are:

"A friend remembers Phil Wood, a graduate of Oklahoma Christian University who is believed to have been on Malaysia Airlines Flight MH 370." -- http://www.wsbt.com/news/nationworld...light/24886292

Believed, not confirmed.
Anders Lindman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 09:19 AM   #68
Jrrarglblarg
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12,673
Originally Posted by Anders Lindman View Post
Tell that to Reuters:

Exclusive: Probe into missing Malaysia plane looks at possible mid-air disintegration - source -- http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A280FF20140309

Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing -- http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/0...A2701C20140309
Reuters is reporting information. You are Making Stuff Up based on no information. As usual.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 09:25 AM   #69
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing
 
Anders Lindman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 13,833
To be fair, there is this:

"It's also worth remembering that it took two days for any Air France wreckage to be found – and two years for the full operation to be completed."

Although, there is also this:

"And both sets of pilots failed to send distress calls.

"With the Air France case, their plane sent signals to Paris – so they already knew that some of the flight instruments were not working," he said. "Malaysia Airlines might have similar information but not be releasing it."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ppearance.html

Malaysia Airlines not releasing the information?

ETA:

"Malaysia Airlines chief executive Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said pilots were supposed to inform the airline and traffic control authorities if the plane does a U-turn.

"From what we have, there was no such distress signal or distress call per se, so we are equally puzzled," he said." -- http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/late...fore-vanishing

Last edited by Anders Lindman; 9th March 2014 at 09:35 AM.
Anders Lindman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 09:30 AM   #70
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing
 
Anders Lindman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 13,833
Originally Posted by ApolloGnomon View Post
Reuters is reporting information. You are Making Stuff Up based on no information. As usual.
At the moment fakery is a plausible possibility based on the information reported by the media, including Reuters.
Anders Lindman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 09:33 AM   #71
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 17,308
Originally Posted by Anders Lindman View Post
To be fair, there is this:

"It's also worth remembering that it took two days for any Air France wreckage to be found – and two years for the full operation to be completed."

Although, there is also this:

"And both sets of pilots failed to send distress calls.

"With the Air France case, their plane sent signals to Paris – so they already knew that some of the flight instruments were not working," he said. "Malaysia Airlines might have similar information but not be releasing it."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ppearance.html

Malaysia Airlines not releasing the information?
It's not that satisfying the curiosity of you're kind isn't high on their list of things to do, it's that satisfying your kind isn't even on your things to do. Understand, there is not upside to making you happy because even left unsatisfied you're not important enough to care about.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 09:36 AM   #72
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 17,308
Originally Posted by Anders Lindman View Post
At the moment fakery is a plausible possibility based on the information reported by the media, including Reuters.
Only to your kind and it's not like that matters.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 09:47 AM   #73
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator
 
Foolmewunz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pattaya, Thailand
Posts: 39,144
Originally Posted by Anders Lindman View Post
And if it's the ruling powers that are fooling you? And the whole incident fake. Then there are no plane victims involved for you or anyone else to care about.
There has NEVER been a fake disaster or crash of the sort you're so fond of fantasizing about. NEVER! I have no idea what sort of mind thinks these things are clever or entertaining. The ridiculous harassment that surrounded Kiltown's escapades in Shanksville, the VicSims, your own fantasies about TWA800 and now this flight. If you were over here, I'd suggest maybe Dengue Fever, but seeing as how you're posting from your comfy swivel chairs back home or in Europe, I really have no idea what drives people to this sort of behavior.

I'd like to think that you don't really believe this stuff and it's just an attempt to be as disagreeable as possible to wind people up. But I thought that about Dr. Mabuse, too.
__________________
Ha! Foolmewunz has just been added to the list of people who aren't complete idiots. Hokulele

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 09:51 AM   #74
Bishop
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 499
Stop feeding the troll.
Bishop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 10:00 AM   #75
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing
 
Anders Lindman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 13,833
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Only to your kind and it's not like that matters.
So to you the incident is a big mystery? Or do you believe Rupert Murdoch?

"777crash confirms jihadists turning to make trouble for China. Chance for US to make common cause, befriend China while Russia bullies." -- Rupert Murdoch @rupertmurdoch -- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...m_hp_ref=media
Anders Lindman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 10:04 AM   #76
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 17,308
Originally Posted by Anders Lindman View Post
So to you the incident is a big mystery? Or do you believe Rupert Murdoch?

"777crash confirms jihadists turning to make trouble for China. Chance for US to make common cause, befriend China while Russia bullies." -- Rupert Murdoch @rupertmurdoch -- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...m_hp_ref=media
What mystifies me is your sadism.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 10:13 AM   #77
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing
 
Anders Lindman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 13,833
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
What mystifies me is your sadism.
The lack thereof you mean. It may seem like sadomasochism to post a thread like this, but it's actually just that I find the incident very suspicious.
Anders Lindman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 10:19 AM   #78
Jrrarglblarg
Guest
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 12,673
The only reason this is a "big mystery" is the plane went down in open ocean without calling in first.
Jrrarglblarg is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 10:20 AM   #79
SUSpilot
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,159
Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
There has NEVER been a fake disaster or crash of the sort you're so fond of fantasizing about. NEVER! I have no idea what sort of mind thinks these things are clever or entertaining. The ridiculous harassment that surrounded Kiltown's escapades in Shanksville, the VicSims, your own fantasies about TWA800 and now this flight. If you were over here, I'd suggest maybe Dengue Fever, but seeing as how you're posting from your comfy swivel chairs back home or in Europe, I really have no idea what drives people to this sort of behavior.



I'd like to think that you don't really believe this stuff and it's just an attempt to be as disagreeable as possible to wind people up. But I thought that about Dr. Mabuse, too.

I couldn't have said it better myself.
SUSpilot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th March 2014, 10:22 AM   #80
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing
 
Anders Lindman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 13,833
"Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (CNN) -- The mysteries surrounding the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, and the true identities of some of its passengers, are as deep as the southeast Asian waters where multinational search teams are searching for the jet.

Navies from two of Malaysia's neighbors were pursuing new leads as Sunday turned into Monday in southeast Asia.

Vietnam's navy has spotted a floating object about 80 kilometers (50 miles) southwest of Vietnam's Tho Chu Island" -- http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/09/wo...html?hpt=hp_t1

Debris spotted off Tho Chu island not part of MH370, says DCA – Bernama -- http://news.malaysia.msn.com/tmi/deb...%80%93-bernama

So much for the new leads.
Anders Lindman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:25 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.