ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Notices

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags airplane incidents , government conspiracies , Malaysia incidents

Old 10th March 2014, 04:12 PM   #201
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
Indeed they do. But the question is what you're obligated to provide in response.
Obliged? It's not a legal trial we are discussing. A conspiracy theory is not an accusation.
Anders Lindman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 04:17 PM   #202
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by Anders Lindman View Post
If the media remains virtually silent about the children, then that's an indication of that the children were made-up passengers. Probably with names that aren't even registered in the U.S. birth records.
So if the names are found and they get more reporting they're real?

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 04:17 PM   #203
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Guy View Post
Sooo, they staged a crash, but forgot to place a plane or any wreckage where the plane allegedly went down?

Brilliant!!!!
The whole MH 370 flight was fake. That's my current belief. They just wrote in some information in their data systems. Then what about radar data? Faked. The Boeing 777 plane was real, but not used that day. Radio traffic could have been sent from another plane, so that could have been real.
Anders Lindman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 04:18 PM   #204
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Skeptic Guy View Post
Sooo, they staged a crash, but forgot to place a plane or any wreckage where the plane allegedly went down?

Brilliant!!!!
Yeah the super secret evil elite Anders believes exist are rather bad on the little technical details....
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 04:19 PM   #205
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
So if the names are found and they get more reporting they're real?
Then they could be real. But don't underestimate what kind of fakery they can come up with, even faked birth certificates etc.
Old 10th March 2014, 04:19 PM   #206
Hans
Philosopher

The whole MH 370 flight was fake. That's my current belief. They just wrote in some information in their data systems. Then what about radar data? Faked. The Boeing 777 plane was real, but not used that day. Radio traffic could have been sent from another plane, so that could have been real.
Oh really well explained where that plane is now then? Tell us too what happened when real people showed up for the scheduled flight......lol
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 04:22 PM   #207
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Obliged? It's not a legal trial we are discussing. A conspiracy theory is not an accusation.

Of course it is. And you've already conceded that the burden of proof is entirely upon a conspiracy theorist.

Now please answer my last question.
JayUtah is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 04:28 PM   #208
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Of course it is. And you've already conceded that the burden of proof is entirely upon a conspiracy theorist.

Now please answer my last question.
I don't know if the burden of proof is always on the conspiracy theorist.

You mean this question: Would you be okay with someone citing your unwillingness to satisfy his personal standard of proof as justification for vilifying you in public and undermining your public reputation and credibility?

Yes. I think.
Old 10th March 2014, 04:32 PM   #209
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Then they could be real. But don't underestimate what kind of fakery they can come up with, even faked birth certificates etc.
So you really don't need anything to support your belief. All you need is imagination.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 04:37 PM   #210
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

I don't know if the burden of proof is always on the conspiracy theorist.

You mean this question: Would you be okay with someone citing your unwillingness to satisfy his personal standard of proof as justification for vilifying you in public and undermining your public reputation and credibility?

Yes. I think.

You just conceded so. Your last answer doesn't seem very confident. go back and try again. You're telling me somebody you've conceded has no burden of proof nevertheless has the responsibility to endure all the suffering inflicted by people who have a conspiracy theory the involves him.
JayUtah is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 04:37 PM   #211
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Oh really well explained where that plane is now then? Tell us too what happened when real people showed up for the scheduled flight......lol
The real plane probably still sits in some hangar somewhere. The scheduled passengers? Just fake data. Fake tickets. It's just a matter of entering information in their computer systems.
Old 10th March 2014, 04:38 PM   #212
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

You just conceded so. Your last answer doesn't seem very confident. go back and try again. You're telling me somebody you've conceded has no burden of proof nevertheless has the responsibility to endure all the suffering inflicted by people who have a conspiracy theory the involves him.
You lost me there. Maybe you should start a thread in the philosophy section about it.
Old 10th March 2014, 04:44 PM   #213
Hans
Philosopher

The real plane probably still sits in some hangar somewhere. The scheduled passengers? Just fake data. Fake tickets. It's just a matter of entering information in their computer systems.
I see you know nothing about modern aviation. Every important part of that plane has a unique serial number that is tracked by the manufacturer and owner.

There are mechanics and pilots who 'know' it.

You are utterly clueless about what you are making stuff up about...lol

It's a schedule flight there was no cancellation...try again, think harder
Old 10th March 2014, 04:45 PM   #214
Hans
Philosopher

You lost me there. Maybe you should start a thread in the philosophy section about it.
It's called in modern terms being pwned
Old 10th March 2014, 04:46 PM   #215
NoahFence
Psycho Kitty

Ignore doesn't work so well when the dreck keeps getting quoted.
"We found no evidence that the conclusions by Department prosecutors were affected by bias or other improper considerations; rather, we determined that they were based on the prosecutors' assessment of the facts, the law, and past Department practice”
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 04:47 PM   #216
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

So you really don't need anything to support your belief. All you need is imagination.
How could I prove there was no plane? Impossible! Only those who have access to the actual data can do prove that. What I can do is to point out indications of hoaxery.

Even if the U.S. government would say that there are no U.S. birth records for the two children, then debunkers will no doubt come up with yet more of incredible explanations; adding to the growing pile of utterly rare coincidences that they will claim all happened to happen that day.
Old 10th March 2014, 04:48 PM   #217
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Go the full nine yards Anders. On foot of your proposition all air travel is faked, why not.

The MA precludes me from expressing my opinion of you.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 04:48 PM   #218
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Ignore doesn't work so well when the dreck keeps getting quoted.
Take it as participating in an on going Shakespearean farce called, Confusion in Stockholm

Last edited by Hans; 10th March 2014 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10th March 2014, 04:49 PM   #219
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

It's called in modern terms being pwned
It looked like obfuscation by complexification to me. I need something simpler to grasp.
Old 10th March 2014, 04:51 PM   #220
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Go the full nine yards Anders. On foot of your proposition all air travel is faked, why not.

The MA precludes me from expressing my opinion of you.
Get in line he's working on proving Malaysia doesn't exist
Old 10th March 2014, 04:52 PM   #221
Hans
Philosopher

It looked like obfuscation by complexification to me. I need something simpler to grasp.
You lost
Old 10th March 2014, 04:57 PM   #222
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
I take it you think it would have been impossible to fake the MH370 incident. The radar data would have been difficult to fake, IF it had been actual radar data. Military radar data shows that the plane turned back. That data is in parts corroborated by civilian radar data. Does anyone believe in that confusion? The explanation becomes clearer if the radar data is just made up.
Old 10th March 2014, 05:00 PM   #223
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

You lost
Lost an argument that looked like an obfuscated trap of some kind? Whew! Thank goodness for that.
Old 10th March 2014, 05:02 PM   #224
Hans
Philosopher

I take it you think it would have been impossible to fake the MH370 incident. The radar data would have been difficult to fake, IF it had been actual radar data. Military radar data shows that the plane turned back. That data is in parts corroborated by civilian radar data. Does anyone believe in that confusion? The explanation becomes clearer if the radar data is just made up.
You again ignore the fact that an actual plane and people are missing. Your ideas are without merit, evidence or even plausible
Old 10th March 2014, 05:04 PM   #225
Hans
Philosopher

Lost an argument that looked like an obfuscated trap of some kind? Whew! Thank goodness for that.
Yes it's fun watching you be publicly beaten ...again, lol

Last edited by Hans; 10th March 2014 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10th March 2014, 05:05 PM   #226
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

You again ignore the fact that an actual plane and people are missing. Your ideas are without merit, evidence or even plausible
Zero plane wreckage found and American children without birth certificates. Shaky radar data. Shaky tracking of plane flight path. Shaky radio communication with the plane. Those are facts. Where is the real plane?
Old 10th March 2014, 05:06 PM   #227
mercatormac
Thinker

If the media remains virtually silent about the children, then that's an indication of that the children were made-up passengers. Probably with names that aren't even registered in the U.S. birth records.
So sometimes our NWO overlords can produce fake birth records and other times they are just phoning in their conspiracies and can't be bothered.

Seems dangerously inconsistent to me. And you are saying that the media ARE complicit now?
mercatormac is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 05:08 PM   #228
Hans
Philosopher

Zero plane wreckage found and American children without birth certificates. Shaky radar data. Shaky tracking of plane flight path. Shaky radio communication with the plane. Those are facts. Where is the real plane?
Lost just like you...lol
Old 10th March 2014, 05:11 PM   #229
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by mercatormac View Post
So sometimes our NWO overlords can produce fake birth records and other times they are just phoning in their conspiracies and can't be bothered.

Seems dangerously inconsistent to me. And you are saying that the media ARE complicit now?
No, the media is just reporting as usual it seems. Except a recent CNN article that looked suspiciously defensive to me, but that may be just to give people explanations and doesn't need to have anything to do with a conspiracy. So overall the media is still innocent in this case.
Old 10th March 2014, 05:12 PM   #230
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

What I can do is to point out indications of hoaxery.
But, considering these "indicators" are only limited by your imagination, what differentiates this from fantasy.

Old 10th March 2014, 05:12 PM   #231
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Lost just like you...lol
Not as lost as the news articles describing it as a mystery all the time. Ha ha.
Old 10th March 2014, 05:15 PM   #232
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

But, considering these "indicators" are only limited by your imagination, what differentiates this from fantasy.
Predictions. I predict that no wreckage of MH 370 will be found and that there are no genuine U.S. birth certificates for the supposed American children on board the plane.

ETA: Hmm... The children could have been born outside the U.S. and still be American citizens.

Last edited by Anders Lindman; 10th March 2014 at 05:23 PM.
Old 10th March 2014, 05:16 PM   #233
Hans
Philosopher

Not as lost as the news articles describing it as a mystery all the time. Ha ha.
Planes are lost at times, why you are trying to troll the situation is beyond me, as it's above your intellectual level to understand
Old 10th March 2014, 05:19 PM   #234
Hans
Philosopher

Predictions. I predict that no wreckage of MH 370 will be found and that there are no genuine U.S. birth certificates for the supposed American children on board the plane.
And if you are wrong on one of these you agree to leave JREF permanently?
Old 10th March 2014, 05:22 PM   #235
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

They're not predictions if you control the validity of any evidence. It's fantasy.

Old 10th March 2014, 05:22 PM   #236
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

And if you are wrong on one of these you agree to leave JREF permanently?
I just corrected that post and added: "The children could have been born outside the U.S. and still be American citizens."

I don't make promises, but the idea is that the American children are just made-up names.
Old 10th March 2014, 05:24 PM   #237
Hans
Philosopher

They're not predictions if you control the validity of any evidence. It's fantasy.
Yelp he'll just make up more nonsense to CHA

Last edited by Hans; 10th March 2014 at 05:26 PM.
Old 10th March 2014, 05:27 PM   #238
Hans
Philosopher

I just corrected that post and added: "The children could have been born outside the U.S. and still be American citizens."

I don't make promises, but the idea is that the American children are just made-up names.
Yep made up nonsense from Anders the plane will be found
Old 10th March 2014, 05:29 PM   #239
HotRodDeluxe
Muse

Why do people engage Anders in this stupidity?
HotRodDeluxe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 05:31 PM   #240
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by HotRodDeluxe View Post
Why do people engage Anders in this stupidity?
He's comedy gold and by engaging him it prevents him sucking in people who might think his postings are real.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories