ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags airplane incidents , government conspiracies , Malaysia incidents

Old 10th March 2014, 05:32 PM   #241
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by HotRodDeluxe View Post
Why do people engage Anders in this stupidity?
So people have these threads to read.

You're welcome.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 05:47 PM   #242
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Ok, to claim that the American children on board MH370 are just made-up names may seem outrageous, but it must be taken in the proper context.

Even though the Cluesforum looks like a form of controlled opposition, they have done a great job exposing the 9/11 fake victims. And my conspiracy theory is that the Asian cabal made up the names of the American children so that the fakery can be exposed. The U.S. authorities simply didn't have enough time to come up with fake stories about the children in the MH370 incident. They were taken by surprise. The U.S. authorities were actually taken by surprise by the 9/11 attacks too, but then they were in control of faking the victims.
Anders Lindman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 05:52 PM   #243
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Anders Lindman View Post
Ok, to claim that the American children on board MH370 are just made-up names may seem outrageous, but it must be taken in the proper context.

Even though the Cluesforum looks like a form of controlled opposition, they have done a great job exposing the 9/11 fake victims. And my conspiracy theory is that the Asian cabal made up the names of the American children so that the fakery can be exposed. The U.S. authorities simply didn't have enough time to come up with fake stories about the children in the MH370 incident. They were taken by surprise. The U.S. authorities were actually taken by surprise by the 9/11 attacks too, but then they were in control of faking the victims.
you don't even know if the people on that airline are alive or dead. yet you're floating conspiracy theory. you make me sick.
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 05:54 PM   #244
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
you don't even know if the people on that airline are alive or dead. yet you're floating conspiracy theory. you make me sick.
Remember he just makes up nonsense to get responses from adult...he not real
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 05:57 PM   #245
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
I don't know if there were any plane at all. I do know that all the 'mysteries' are solved if the whole incident is a hoax.
Anders Lindman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 06:04 PM   #246
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Makes sense. You cite fantasy to bolster your ability to also create fantasy.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 06:14 PM   #247
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
Makes sense. You cite fantasy to bolster your ability to also create fantasy.
I can make the prediction stronger. The U.S. authorities can't risk faking stories about the American children on board MH370. Why? Because the Asian cabal is in control of the original information. And if the U.S. authorities would make up fake stories, then the Asian cabal could suddenly claim that the names given were wrong, a computer error, and give other names, which would catch the U.S. side with their pants down.
Old 10th March 2014, 06:15 PM   #248
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Predictions. I predict that no wreckage of MH 370 will be found and that there are no genuine U.S. birth certificates for the supposed American children on board the plane.

ETA: Hmm... The children could have been born outside the U.S. and still be American citizens.
You want to victimise children in pursuit of your strange proposals.

There is a word for that. I believe you would be best served by avoiding such an association beginning with "p".

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 06:27 PM   #249
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

ETA: Hmm... The children could have been born outside the U.S. and still be American citizens.
And what about that puzzles you? Do you understand U.S. law on the citizenship of children? See that pic in my avatar. Exact same situation. His daddy's a U.S. Citizen. He's a U.S. Citizen. U.S. Passport, Social Security Number, Consular Certification of Overseas Birth.

It's common. Get a grip on reality. Do you know how many Chinese have been resident in the USA and Citizens of the USA over the past century? They NEVER give up their US Citizenship and ALWAYS register the births of new children at U.S. Consulates. Perfectly legal, very normal, very common. It's why so many Chinese who have never been to the US can show up as citizens with no English and start businesses, work, attend school as citizens rather than on student visas.

ETA: Further to the above, and not worth a separate post,.... if you check the demographics of the immigrant minorities in Hong Kong, you can't spot the largest minority population on the streets. Everyone you ask casually says A) Filippinos, B) Brits, C) Indonesian or D) Chinese(Mainland).
Filippinos are service workers and denied immigrant status, so that's wrong. Brits are up there, but not the top. Indonesians are also service workers and only have temporary work permit ID. And there aren't that many Mainlanders allowed by the PRC government to emigrate to HK. The Number 1 foreign national minority in HK is Americans. And they're invisible. (Because they're HK Chinese who, through generations of moving back and forth managed to get US Citizenship and maintain it and get it for their offspring. They're invisible because the learned (as members of the Asian cabal, no doubt) to blend in and the best way to blend in is to be a native.)

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.

Last edited by Foolmewunz; 10th March 2014 at 06:35 PM.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 06:45 PM   #250
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
Social Security Number
Ah! A U.S. citizen must have a social security number? Even a dual-citizen?
Old 10th March 2014, 06:51 PM   #251
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

I can make the prediction stronger.
That's just making the fantasy more complex. Are you practicing for a "made for TV" movie career?

Old 10th March 2014, 06:52 PM   #252
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Ah! A U.S. citizen must have a social security number? Even a dual-citizen?
They're issued at birth, now. I don't think you understand what a "dual" citizen is in the USA. I believe* there's no such thing. The USA does not recognize dual citizenship. The other countries may allow it. (Like Thailand, for instance.) But "allow" is not the correct term. The Thai government doesn't consider you a US citizen if you're Thai by birth. You're Thai. They don't recognize your US citizenship. The US doesn't recognize your Thai citizenship. So YOU, in effect are a "dual" citizen in that two countries claim you. But neither country officially recognizes the claim of the other.

*I'm not certain that there are NO exceptions. e.g. I'm not sure of the relationship with Israel; if that's ever been ironed out.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 07:09 PM   #253
jj
Penultimate Amazing

Please do not continue to support this awful trolling, ok?

Just say "no".
jj is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 07:13 PM   #254
mercatormac
Thinker

I can make the prediction stronger. The U.S. authorities can't risk faking stories about the American children on board MH370. Why? Because the Asian cabal is in control of the original information. And if the U.S. authorities would make up fake stories, then the Asian cabal could suddenly claim that the names given were wrong, a computer error, and give other names, which would catch the U.S. side with their pants down.
So you're saying this is what happened the last time the U.S. tried to make names up?

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
mercatormac is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 07:51 PM   #255
Darth Rotor
Salted Sith Cynic

Jerry Springer would come out of retirement to do the show. Hell, Allen Burke would come back from the dead to do so.
Chuck Barris may have him on the Gong Show as well.
If emotions prevent one from looking into possible conspiracies, then that's a logical fallacy.
Nope.
No turning of the plane according to that radar data. I would say both radar reports are fake, not only conflicting.
How much time have you spent on a radar scope, Anders?
Inconsistent radar data = fakery.
Since neither you nor I have access to any of the radar data, we don't know if it's fake or not.
"From what we have, there was no such distress signal or distress call per se, so we are equally puzzled," he said." --
If you actually understood how the ACARS system works, you'd not be puzzled.
Originally Posted by ApolloGnomon View Post
The only reason this is a "big mystery" is the plane went down in open ocean without calling in first.
Damned inconsiderate of the bastidges, wasn't it? The list of my classmates who died in aircraft accidents without calling in exceeds the fingers on my hands. Sometimes, when it has all gone wrong, you have to try to fly the plane first, before you start talking ...
How am I supposed to argue with that?
Why argue when none of us has facts, and very little info is available?
Not the Vatican directly it seems, since the Jesuit(?) shills at the Cluesforum haven't posted anything about the incident yet as far as I can tell.
Please don't blame Pope Francis I for this crash. He's a sky pilot, not an airline pilot.
Is it a mystery? No, I don't think so. My guess is that the Asian side of the cabal deliberately staged that to put the U.S. media in a difficult spot.
They have better stuff to do with their time.
Imagine an army of bloggers demanding more and more evidence. I would simply ignore them!
Irony, thy name is Anders.
Because there are plenty indications of that MH 370 never was in the air that day.
No, you are wrong about that. Suggest you get in touch with the folks at Kuala Lumpur Tower on that score.
Originally Posted by Skeptic Guy View Post
Sooo, they staged a crash, but forgot to place a plane or any wreckage where the plane allegedly went down?

Brilliant!!!!
I see. Too much Guinness for Anders. I too have PWD tendencies.
The whole MH 370 flight was fake. That's my current belief. They just wrote in some information in their data systems. Then what about radar data? Faked. The Boeing 777 plane was real, but not used that day. Radio traffic could have been sent from another plane, so that could have been real.
Nope.
Zero plane wreckage found and American children without birth certificates. Shaky radar data. Shaky tracking of plane flight path. Shaky radio communication with the plane. Those are facts. Where is the real plane?
The fact is that they are still looking for the plane: people from many different nations. They don't have the luxury of sitting at their PC keyboard and JAQing off. They have a job to do.
"Jesus wept, but did He laugh?"--F.H. Buckley____"There is one thing that was too great for God to show us when He walked upon our earth ... His mirth." --Chesterton__"If the barbarian in us is excised, so is our humanity."--D'rok__ "I only use my gun whenever kindness fails."-- Robert Earl Keen__"Sturgeon spares none.". -- The Marquis
Darth Rotor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 11:09 PM   #256
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Darth Rotor View Post
No, you are wrong about that. Suggest you get in touch with the folks at Kuala Lumpur Tower on that score.
Ok, the plane maybe took off, but without passengers and "glided" to an abandoned airfield in Vietnam. According to CNN:

"The distance between the north shore of Malaysia and the southern shore of Vietnam of 250 miles is about equal to the distance between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. The flight's last telemetry data, as reported by flightaware.com, shows the airplane at 35,000 feet.

Even with a dual engine failure, a Boeing 777 is capable of gliding about 120 miles from that altitude." -- http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/10/op...ft-air-france/

Then even the radar data could be genuine! That the plane turned slightly towards Vietnam after having switched off radio contact etc. Even the pilot and copilot could have been the real people. Actually possibly also with real passengers but with faked names, or at least mostly faked names.

Or did the plane turn in the other direction according to the radar data? Then the destination could have been southern Thailand.

And the Boeing 777 was then covered up to hide it from satellites etc.
Old 10th March 2014, 11:20 PM   #257
RussDill
Philosopher

If some nation-state wanted to move attention away from the Ukraine by crashing an airliner, wouldn't it have been easier to crash the airliner? No fake names, fake people, flights that would of had to evade radar, etc? Why go through all the extra trouble?
And lines to code before I sleep
RussDill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 11:27 PM   #258
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by RussDill View Post
If some nation-state wanted to move attention away from the Ukraine by crashing an airliner, wouldn't it have been easier to crash the airliner? No fake names, fake people, flights that would of had to evade radar, etc? Why go through all the extra trouble?
You'd think that wouldn't you but no in Andersworld the super evil elite does impossibly complex things that only people with no common sense, no experience in working in large organizations and no general grasp on reality would believe in...lol
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2014, 11:31 PM   #259
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
The plane took off with passengers and disappeared and we'll sooner or later find the wreckage
My modified version in summary: MH 370 took off with real passengers except the two American children who were faked names. Radio contact etc was switched off and the plane made a turn and glided safely to an abandoned airfield.
Old 11th March 2014, 12:13 AM   #260
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Cherry-picking report that fits my new version:

"The captain, who asked to not be named, said his plane, which was bound for Narita, Japan, was far into Vietnamese airspace when he was asked to relay, using his plane's emergency frequency, to MH370 for the latter to establish its position, as the authorities could not contact the aircraft.

"We managed to establish contact with MH370 just after 1.30am and asked them if they have transferred into Vietnamese airspace.

"The voice on the other side could have been either Captain Zaharie (Ahmad Shah, 53,) or Fariq (Abdul Hamid, 27), but I was sure it was the co-pilot.

"There were a lot of interference... static... but I heard mumbling from the other end.

"That was the last time we heard from them, as we lost the connection," he told the New Sunday Times." -- http://www.nst.com.my/nation/general...plane-1.503464
Old 11th March 2014, 12:14 AM   #261
RussDill
Philosopher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1RYajnQjqQ&t=59s
And lines to code before I sleep
RussDill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2014, 01:08 AM   #262
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

I keep my old version as a backup, in case the new version turns out to be completely impossible. The new version is so much simpler logistically. Then MH370 could have been an ordinary flight that was rigged to switch off radio contact etc at a certain point and after that the pilots made a turn and glided safely to an abandoned airfield in Vietnam.

Then how to explain all the passengers and crew members if only the American children were faked? They are cabal members! That makes the logistics even for the people on board super simple.
Old 11th March 2014, 02:52 AM   #263
Greedo
Too weird to live, too rare to die

Well, at least Anders is having fun!
Old 11th March 2014, 04:11 AM   #264
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Is my hypothesis falsifiable? Yup. Sure is. The purpose cannot likely have been only as a media distraction. Too much planning for such a minor purpose. So if the American children turn out to be real people then the new version of my hypothesis is falsified.
Old 11th March 2014, 05:34 AM   #265
ferd burfle
Graduate Poster

after that the pilots made a turn and glided safely to an abandoned airfield in Vietnam.

And then the bees kissed the butterflies and then Anders explained in exquisite detail the ease with which a 200+ ton airliner is glided to a safe landing. At a 5000+ foot long airfield the Vietnamese just abandoned because, you know, they've got loads of 'em just like it.
Old 11th March 2014, 06:18 AM   #266
thedopefishlives
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by ferd burfle View Post
And then the bees kissed the butterflies and then Anders explained in exquisite detail the ease with which a 200+ ton airliner is glided to a safe landing. At a 5000+ foot long airfield the Vietnamese just abandoned because, you know, they've got loads of 'em just like it.
I would love to see Anders try to perform a power-off landing of a 777 on a 5000 foot runway. I bet the results would be highly entertaining.
Old 11th March 2014, 07:32 AM   #267
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by thedopefishlives View Post
I would love to see Anders try to perform a power-off landing of a 777 on a 5000 foot runway. I bet the results would be highly entertaining.
Easier than piercing the Pentagon with an airliner without touching the lawn at 500+ MPH.

ETA: While knocking down lamp posts on the way. Watch out for that ground air drag, will ya!

Last edited by Anders Lindman; 11th March 2014 at 07:52 AM.
Old 11th March 2014, 08:27 AM   #268
fess
Graduate Poster

I keep my old version as a backup, in case the new version turns out to be completely impossible. The new version is so much simpler logistically. Then MH370 could have been an ordinary flight that was rigged to switch off radio contact etc at a certain point and after that the pilots made a turn and glided safely to an abandoned airfield in Vietnam.

Then how to explain all the passengers and crew members if only the American children were faked? They are cabal members! That makes the logistics even for the people on board super simple.
An abandoned airfield in Vietnam that can handle a landing Triple 7? Any chance you might be able to point us toward one of these airfields?
Old 11th March 2014, 08:28 AM   #269
AmandaM
Critical Thinker

See that pic in my avatar.
I've been meaning to say this for a long time -- your avatar is absolutely adorable
AmandaM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2014, 08:39 AM   #270
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Lost an argument that looked like an obfuscated trap of some kind? Whew! Thank goodness for that.
No, I simply turned your argument back onto you. It's a pretty standard rhetorical technique -- allowing one to be hoist by his own petard. And when your preconceptions and predilections were reversed, we discovered you were utterly unable to justify conspiracism from the logical and epistemological standpoint. And when presented with an ethics argument, you waffled and abandoned the question.

So your crazy accusations of hoax deserve no attention -- by your own concession. You have 100% of the obligation to prove it, which you cannot and will not do.

And further, your crazy accusations -- again by your own assent -- have no moral justification. So the, "I find conspiracy theories interesting" excuse for speculating in this fashion is now defunct.

Thus by your own argument, your conspiracy theory is illogical and immoral. And this is the same conclusion we keep arriving at with every conspiracy thread you post. You defiantly flaunt reason and intellectual responsibility for the meat of your accusations, and you completely weasel out of the moral implications of what you argue.

Justify.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2014, 08:41 AM   #271
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by thedopefishlives View Post
Indeed. I worked on the B-777, one of my first activities with Boeing. Few people appreciate how large that aircraft is. Its engine nacelle is the same diameter as the fuselage of a B-737.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2014, 08:54 AM   #272
Pooneil
Thinker

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
No, I simply turned your argument back onto you.
An excellent and entertaining maneuver, Jay.
Pooneil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2014, 08:59 AM   #273
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fess View Post
An abandoned airfield in Vietnam that can handle a landing Triple 7? Any chance you might be able to point us toward one of these airfields?
Not abandoned, but anyway:

"Phan Rang Air Base (IATA: PHA, ICAO: VVPR) is a Vietnam People's Air Force (VPAF) (Khong Quan Nhan Dan Viet Nam) military airfield in Vietnam. It is located 5.2 miles (8.4 km) north-northwest of Phan Rang-Thap Cham in Ninh Thuan Province. ... Length 3,200 m 10,499 ft" -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phan_Rang_Air_Base
Old 11th March 2014, 09:02 AM   #274
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Thus by your own argument, your conspiracy theory is illogical and immoral.
Immoral? Have you tricked me? Can you state your argument in an easier to grasp way? If I don't understand fully what I reply to, the reply will naturally easily be invalid.
Old 11th March 2014, 09:06 AM   #275
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Threadworm, Try putting him on ignore. I just did and it's fun watching him squirm for attention.
Let me get this straight. You ignore him because it's fun to watch him when you don't pay him any attention.

That's the idea, is it?
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2014, 09:12 AM   #276
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Immoral?
Yes.

Quote:
Have you tricked me?
No, I just let you refute yourself in the manner previously described.

Quote:
Can you state your argument in an easier to grasp way?
No. I stated it fairly plainly several times in bold red letters. That's as plain as it gets.

Quote:
If I don't understand fully what I reply to, the reply will naturally easily be invalid.
I'm sorry you don't understand the argument even after multiple statements. Maybe you'd be more at-home posting your crazy accusations somewhere other than JREF.
Old 11th March 2014, 09:12 AM   #277
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

It wouldn't have to be an abandoned airfield. The Vietnam military radars will surely pick up a big 777 gliding in to their territory. This makes the hypothesis trickier. Was the whole Vietnamese government in on the hoax? Seems doubtful.

Or is it possible for a 777 to remain undetected by radar? The CNN article claimed that the plane could glide for a huge distance even without engines, and that flight would have been invisible to radar since no radar tracking is reported about such a long glide flight for MH370.
Old 11th March 2014, 09:13 AM   #278
Anders Lindman
Penultimate Amazing

Yes.
No.
Old 11th March 2014, 09:15 AM   #279
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Was the whole Vietnamese government in on the hoax?
Or is it possible for a 777 to remain undetected by radar?
As you agreed, you have 100% of the burden to answer these questions with your own facts and reasoning.
Old 11th March 2014, 09:18 AM   #280
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

No.
Yes, asked and answered.

You had the opportunity to justify conspiracism ethically and you gave a noncommittal answer and refused further debate. I'm just repeating your words back to you.

I asked your justification for continued illogical and immoral conspiracy theorism on this subject. Provide it now.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories