ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 23rd January 2018, 11:52 AM   #41
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 26,078
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Actually the evidence listed better fits with my conclusions, than with yours, don't you think?
No.

Did you ever visit the Twin towers in your entire life?
__________________
A proud member of a dissident religious group.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 11:53 AM   #42
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,124
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Pretty offensive.

Re: the first highlighted part, a co-worker of mine had a wine training booked for Windows on the World for lunchtime that day. On 9/10 when he visited for the pre-training setup, the building and restaurant were fully operational. Like me and many of my co-workers, he ended up driving cross-country in a rental car after finally getting out of Manhattan.

Re: the second highlighted part, I lost a couple of classmates from Cantor Fitzgerald.

So, no, your fantasy has no relation to reality. You are a fiction writer, and a bad one at that.
How does any of this change the evidence that proves they're lying? Think with your brain, not with your emotions.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 11:57 AM   #43
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 26,078
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
How does any of this change the evidence that proves they're lying? Think with your brain, not with your emotions.
wait, you just accused dead people of lying?
__________________
A proud member of a dissident religious group.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 11:57 AM   #44
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 73,325
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Actually the evidence listed better fits with my conclusions, than with yours, don't you think?
The listed evidence fails entirely, so no.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 11:59 AM   #45
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 73,325
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
How does any of this change the evidence that proves they're lying? Think with your brain, not with your emotions.
Do you truly believe that tens of thousands of people are in on this conspiracy to... wait, how does it benefit these people? How are they paid? How are they kept silent? By hundreds of assassins each with said knowledge? How keeps the assassins silent? Etc.

I would say your theory is fantasy, but even fantasy tends to be internally consistent.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 12:18 PM   #46
MikeG
Now. Do it now.
 
MikeG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 23,759
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Actually the evidence listed better fits with my conclusions, than with yours, don't you think?
You're doing it yet again. You've been told......you have no evidence.
__________________
"The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place." The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 12:39 PM   #47
Loss Leader
I would save the receptionist.
Moderator
 
Loss Leader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 25,714
Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Remember Christophera? His evidence for a concrete core included construction pictures showing no concrete core.

He was very big on pictures that showed construction cranes moored in the elevator shafts. That somehow meant that the shafts were filled with concrete. He was, however, quite ill.


Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Actually the evidence listed better fits with my conclusions than with yours, don't you think?

You've ignored my question. You asked me for evidence that there were people working in the towers. What evidence would you accept?
__________________
I have the honor to be
Your Obdt. St

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 12:43 PM   #48
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 73,325
Originally Posted by Loss Leader View Post
He was very big on pictures that showed construction cranes moored in the elevator shafts. That somehow meant that the shafts were filled with concrete. He was, however, quite ill.
I suspect that propensity for conspiracy thinking correlates closely to mental health issues.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 01:15 PM   #49
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 3,167
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
How does any of this change the evidence that proves they're lying? Think with your brain, not with your emotions.
What you want us to believe is that the US Government faked 9/11 by attacking an empty NYC landmark property by creating a decades-old illusion that it was fully occupied. The 50,000 people who worked there actually worked somewhere else during the day, and all kept quiet before and since 2001. I assume the thousands of visitors to the top-floor viewing area would see actors when they changed elevators, and the Windows on the World was an elaborate movie-like setting.

Next, instead of a pair of hijacked airliners you need us to believe that missiles hit the building, missiles that nobody saw or heard, but didn't have enough explosive force to collapse the buildings so CD was used. Demolition charges that left no residue or signs of their use.

Finally, you need us to believe that nobody died in the Twin Towers.

This is stupid.

I am happy to sit through a well thought-out conspiracy theory, or even just a whimsical one. Yours is neither.

Not only does it not jibe with historical fact in any aspect, other than NYC is a real place, it is in no way a feasible, nor functional theory on any level. The towers were mostly empty? Please spare us. There was no furniture in the wreckage? There was tons of furniture in the pile, it was just no longer recognizable as such, which a smart person would expect when concrete floors pancake, and crumble.

Instead of accepting the truth that we went into Iraq because we wanted to well before 9/11/2001, and that the American public (75% at the start of the war) was happy to use Islamic terror as an excuse to get Saddam, you need a CT to make yourself not only feel better, but to fool yourself into thinking you're leaving some kind of heroic legacy for your grandkids.

And yes, we wanted to take Saddam out long before 9/11. I lost count of how many times I heard "We should have finished the job in Iraq" at some point while I sat in a bar between 1991 and 2000.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha

Last edited by Axxman300; 23rd January 2018 at 01:16 PM.
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 01:35 PM   #50
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 16,211
I wonder, yankee: more than 100 people were filmed or photographed falling from upper floors mostly of the North Tower. How were they motivated to play along in the hoax? Or why, if they were innocently caught in the event, were so many in the upper floors of a gutted tower?

Also, if the office floors were empty ans gutted like real CD, what was burning so long and fiercly? There wasn't any furniture, paper, plastic casings of computers etc, or were there?
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 01:53 PM   #51
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger
 
AJM8125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 20,163
Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
I wonder, yankee: more than 100 people were filmed or photographed falling from upper floors mostly of the North Tower. How were they motivated to play along in the hoax? Or why, if they were innocently caught in the event, were so many in the upper floors of a gutted tower?
Been there, done that.

Vicsims coming up next.
__________________
AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 03:41 PM   #52
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 25,018
wow

Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
How does any of this change the evidence that proves they're lying? Think with your brain, not with your emotions.
You are spreading ridiculous claims and idiotic lies. You are projecting.

Quote:
Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.
And you don't know you are doing it because you think your delusional claims are right - and you have no clue you have no evidence for your paranoid fantasy claims.
__________________
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" - Albert Einstein
"... education as the means of developing our greatest abilities" - JFK
https://folding.stanford.edu/ fold with your computer - join team 13232
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 04:01 PM   #53
JSanderO
Master Poster
 
JSanderO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: nyc
Posts: 2,843
This is exactly the rubbish that was on the truther site called Let's Roll...

I have a friend who was working on flr 54 in the 2WTC on 9/11 and he escaped down the stairs...

My next door neighbor Joe Baum ran Windows on the World...

I worked near those towers and saw thousands of people entering and leaving them over the years...

Empty? You head is empty of rational thought.

Your assertion that those towers were unoccupied is FALSE.
__________________
So many idiots and so little time.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 04:12 PM   #54
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,124
Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post

Your assertion that those towers were unoccupied is FALSE.
Not according the the neatly hanging truss straps seen hanging from the lobby walls, and not according to missing iBEams they were once bolted to. Now's your chance to explain how these clues and do not support my conclusion, and instead support yours.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 04:18 PM   #55
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist
 
DGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: West of Northshore MA
Posts: 24,621
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Now's your chance to explain how these clues and do not support my conclusion, and instead support yours.
Why. No one actually believes the crap you post. It's been shown you're immune to reality.
__________________
"Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution" Jay Windley

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 04:28 PM   #56
JSanderO
Master Poster
 
JSanderO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: nyc
Posts: 2,843
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Not according the the neatly hanging truss straps seen hanging from the lobby walls, and not according to missing iBEams they were once bolted to. Now's your chance to explain how these clues and do not support my conclusion, and instead support yours.
You can speak with Hans.... he worked there and survived the crash and was an architect.

You are an armchair conspiracy theorist... get off you butt and come to NYC and you'll find plenty of evidence.

You are in way way way over your depth Steve.

The public is constantly fed PR, cover stories, half truths and spin. However 9/11 was not what you believe it was... you are a fantasist who can't distinguish your fantasy from reality.
__________________
So many idiots and so little time.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 05:05 PM   #57
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,124
Originally Posted by JSanderO View Post
You can speak with Hans.... he worked there and survived the crash and was an architect.

You are an armchair conspiracy theorist... get off you butt and come to NYC and you'll find plenty of evidence.

You are in way way way over your depth Steve.

The public is constantly fed PR, cover stories, half truths and spin. However 9/11 was not what you believe it was... you are a fantasist who can't distinguish your fantasy from reality.
Oh the horror. How about sticking to the evidence mentioned in the OP, you know, the evidence that makes it obvious to a barnyard animal the place wasn't what it was advertised to be. Taboo Truths Truthers won't touch with a ten foot pole. Snort.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 05:11 PM   #58
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist
 
DGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: West of Northshore MA
Posts: 24,621
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Taboo Truths Truthers won't touch with a ten foot pole. Snort.
That's because even "truthers" have enough sense not to ignore all of reality.
__________________
"Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution" Jay Windley

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 06:05 PM   #59
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 26,078
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Oh the horror. How about sticking to the evidence mentioned in the OP, you know, the evidence that makes it obvious to a barnyard animal the place wasn't what it was advertised to be. Taboo Truths Truthers won't touch with a ten foot pole. Snort.
wait, truthers won't touch your theory with a ten foot pole? And that is a selling point?

I asked if you ever visited the Twin Towers, and you did not respond.
__________________
A proud member of a dissident religious group.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 06:06 PM   #60
Loss Leader
I would save the receptionist.
Moderator
 
Loss Leader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 25,714
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Not according the the neatly hanging truss straps seen hanging from the lobby walls, and not according to missing iBEams they were once bolted to. Now's your chance to explain how these clues and do not support my conclusion, and instead support yours.

Why don't you explain how the testimony of tens of thousands of people who worked in the towers in just the year 2001 supports yours conclusion?

On the one hand, you have some debris from a one-time event that can never be reproduced. On the other hand, we have tens of thousands of witnesses to the absolutely mundane event of going to work offering the absolutely mundane evidence of personal recollections.
__________________
I have the honor to be
Your Obdt. St

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 06:11 PM   #61
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,124
Originally Posted by Loss Leader View Post
Why don't you explain how the testimony of tens of thousands of people who worked in the towers in just the year 2001 supports yours conclusion?

On the one hand, you have some debris from a one-time event that can never be reproduced. On the other hand, we have tens of thousands of witnesses to the absolutely mundane event of going to work offering the absolutely mundane evidence of personal recollections.
Because the damage evidence doesn't change no matter how many people you assume said otherwise. Why don't you explain why there are no straps visible on every floor above the lobby?
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 06:28 PM   #62
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,124
The Truth Movement = Debunkers

Notice how the debunkers and the truthers circle the wagons and all avoid the same information? Why would that be?
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 06:28 PM   #63
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger
 
AJM8125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 20,163
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Because the damage evidence doesn't change no matter how many people you assume said otherwise. Why don't you explain why there are no straps visible on every floor above the lobby?
Back up there a minute. They're not saying otherwise. They're saying they worked in the towers.

Your imaginary damage "evidence" don't enter into it.
__________________
AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 06:29 PM   #64
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist
 
DGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: West of Northshore MA
Posts: 24,621
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Because the damage evidence doesn't change no matter how many people you assume said otherwise. Why don't you explain why there are no straps visible on every floor above the lobby?
This is easy. This "evidence" was interpreted by someone that has no idea what he's talking about.

This "evidence" is not there.
__________________
"Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution" Jay Windley

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 06:32 PM   #65
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger
 
AJM8125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 20,163
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Notice how the debunkers and the truthers circle the wagons and all avoid the same information? Why would that be?
Because it's bat **** insane and only the battiest of bat **** insane truthers buys it.
__________________
AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 06:34 PM   #66
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing
 
The Big Dog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 26,078
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Notice how the debunkers and the truthers circle the wagons and all avoid the same information? Why would that be?
The information being that you never visited the towers?

yeah, we get that...
__________________
A proud member of a dissident religious group.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 06:44 PM   #67
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger
 
AJM8125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 20,163
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
The information being that you never visited the towers?

yeah, we get that...
Say that reminds me -

Hey Steve- o, remember your insinuation that FDNY member Jimmy Grillo was some kind of fake, actor or something? Did you ever visit Ladder 24 in Manhattan and have that word with him?
__________________
AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 06:45 PM   #68
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher
 
TheGoldcountry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,720
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
wait, you just accused dead people of lying?
I rarely agree with you, but this is something that makes me sick to my stomach.

When the film "United 93" came out, there were people screaming at family members (who talked with husbands, wives, etc) that they were liars. I wanted to jump into the screen and punch them.
__________________
I have no idea what you're trying to say, but I'm still pretty sure that you're wrong. -Akhenaten
I sometimes think the Bible was inspired by Satan to make God look bad. And then it backfired on Him when He underestimated the stupidity of religious ideologues. -MontagK505
TheGoldcountry is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 07:15 PM   #69
pgimeno
Illuminator
 
pgimeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 3,330
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Notice how the debunkers and the truthers circle the wagons and all avoid the same information? Why would that be?
http://www.jokeindex.com/joke.asp?Joke=1940
__________________
Ask questions. Demand answers. But be prepared to accept the answers, or don't ask questions in the first place.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 07:44 PM   #70
Elagabalus
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,867
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
The destruction of the World Trade Center on 9/11 was used to justify war without end and a burgeoning global Police State ...

... I am what you might call a 9/11 conspiracy theorist, but what I call a concerned grandfather...
Do your grandchildren know that you're "back online"?
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 08:51 PM   #71
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 3,167
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Not according the the neatly hanging truss straps seen hanging from the lobby walls, and not according to missing iBEams they were once bolted to. Now's your chance to explain how these clues and do not support my conclusion, and instead support yours.
This one's easy: You're wrong.

You're wrong because you are not qualified to assess structural engineering. I doubt they let you use escalators.

I know someone who worked on the 54th of 1 World Trade floor for ten years.

You would be happier if you got into the Loch Ness Monster.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 09:16 PM   #72
Loss Leader
I would save the receptionist.
Moderator
 
Loss Leader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 25,714
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Because the damage evidence doesn't change no matter how many people you assume said otherwise. Why don't you explain why there are no straps visible on every floor above the lobby?

I'm not assuming anything. I'm asking you how many people you have to talk to about working in the towers for you to believe it. You're the one who said they were generally empty by 9/11. That's the piece of evidence I'm talking about. I don't know a damn thing about engineering. But at least I know how people go about the process of working in an office.
__________________
I have the honor to be
Your Obdt. St

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 11:15 PM   #73
yankee451
Master Poster
 
yankee451's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,124
Truthers and skeptics all avoid the same Taboo Clues? Gasp! How long has this been going on?
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 11:19 PM   #74
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger
 
AJM8125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 20,163
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Truthers and skeptics all avoid the same Taboo Clues? Gasp! How long has this been going on?
We found common ground when we stepped over the bull ****.
__________________

Last edited by AJM8125; 24th January 2018 at 12:12 AM.
AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd January 2018, 11:36 PM   #75
trustbutverify
Philosopher
 
trustbutverify's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,178
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
The destruction of the World Trade Center on 9/11 was used to justify war without end and a burgeoning global Police State. I for one do not want to leave this world as my legacy without putting my name on the list of people who called ‘********;’ I owe it to future generations to help chronicle the events that brought us to a place where they can be sent to war believing impossible lies told before they were born. I am what you might call a 9/11 conspiracy theorist, but what I call a concerned grandfather. I believe the fastest way to end the wars is by exposing the lies that spawned them. So I joined the 9/11 truth movement, hoping for a dose of reality, but after bouncing around from one truther hypothesis to another, I realized most of them have been avoiding the most critical clue, which is quite simply that the World Trade Center was never the fully occupied city within the city it was advertised to be, that at the time of destruction it was gutted and empty of contents as all controlled demolitions are. I know this will be a shock to read for those of you who still believe what you see and hear on television, but to learn the truth about anything these days requires a commitment of attention that most people aren’t prepared for; even my intended audience, the 9/11 Truth Community, which is allegedly already familiar with the popular 9/11 hypotheses, rejects this information as too outrageous to be considered. The connotations are mind-numbing; if the towers were empty of contents and prepared for demolition then all those big “one-percenter” firms like Marsh and McLennan and Cantor Fitzgerald couldn’t have lost employees there, implicating their leadership and any others that received government money from the Victims’ Compensation Fund. It means the media stories about the towers being cities within the city can’t be true either, doing more than just implicating the leadership of the media; it exposes them as the propaganda arm of the military. It means that the FDNY leadership knew and that the NYPD leadership knew, and that the Port Authority police certainly knew that the complex was empty and gutted and it also means that the people we saw hanging out the windows couldn’t have been real office workers either. The implications roll in like a tsunami that leaves the observer drowning in a sea of apocalypse. Taken together it’s no wonder why 9/11 truthers would retreat from this information and instead embrace exotic weapons as the answer (or even kerosene) because at least then they can avoid the paradigm shift that inevitably comes with losing faith in the rule of law. And it’s also no wonder why when confronted with evidence that can’t be denied, the reaction has been silence. There can be only one right answer to 9/11 but there’s no guarantee we’ll like it.

The most-likely suspects behind the destruction of the World Trade Center, the attack on the Pentagon and that odd-shaped crater in Shanksville, are the leaders of most of the world’s nations, media, businesses, law enforcement, and what passes for academia. This is the only conclusion that can be reached once one examines all the evidence, so it is of utmost importance to the cover-up efforts that certain clues are avoided. For many years the leadership of the popular truth movement groups have been purposefully ignoring critical evidence while duping the rank and file into believing and repeating hypotheses that only make the truth movement look silly, and/or Anti-Semitic to the outside world; the very people we need to reach in order to stop the wars. The apparent goal of the misnamed movement is to provide a safe, discredited sandbox for truthers to play in while the war machine grinds on, and after 16 years the proof is in the pudding. If the easiest way to control the opposition is to lead it, then deliberately or not, the truth movement’s efforts have served to prevent an open dialogue of the facts, which only helps the perpetrators.

I have noticed that most truthers will avoid, or be angered by, these clues:



Evidence of dismantling (Hollow Towers)
Evidence of planted dust and missing windows
Evidence of missile damage

Full article here:
http://yankee451.com/?p=4008
Translation: Grandpa needs something to make an empty life feel important.
__________________
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Wollen owns the stage
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th January 2018, 12:11 AM   #76
Kid Eager
Philosopher
 
Kid Eager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 6,629
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Not according the the neatly hanging truss straps seen hanging from the lobby walls, and not according to missing iBEams they were once bolted to. Now's your chance to explain how these clues and do not support my conclusion, and instead support yours.
This is just wholesale regurgitation of your previous claims.

At this point you should return your attention to the old thread where you proclaimed your collection of assertions out and had them refuted.

I’m sure you’ll have no trouble finding that thread. You were, after all, there for quite a while.

Feel free to highlight which refutations you had trouble undrstanding.
__________________
What do Narwhals, Magnets and Apollo 13 have in common? Think about it....

Last edited by Kid Eager; 24th January 2018 at 12:13 AM.
Kid Eager is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th January 2018, 01:02 AM   #77
Ape of Good Hope
Graduate Poster
 
Ape of Good Hope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,484
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Taboo Clues?

Call the Hardly Boys!

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Ape of Good Hope is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th January 2018, 01:11 AM   #78
MikeG
Now. Do it now.
 
MikeG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 23,759
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Oh the horror. How about sticking to the evidence mentioned in the OP, you know, the evidence that makes it obvious to a barnyard animal the place wasn't what it was advertised to be. Taboo Truths Truthers won't touch with a ten foot pole. Snort.
There is none. None whatever.

Please come back to us if you ever find anything that rises to the level of evidence. At the moment, your sources seem to be extracted from pond slime.....
__________________
"The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place." The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th January 2018, 01:21 AM   #79
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 25,018
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Notice how the debunkers and the truthers circle the wagons and all avoid the same information? Why would that be?
Why not tell the people who talked to doomed people stuck in the towers, and tell them their loved ones were fake, not real, never existed. Have you tried to do more than make up sick lies and demented fantasy about 9/11? Have you done anything besides add to the moronic claims found on the Internet.

Have you asked the families of those who jumped, why they picked jumping instead of burning to death from across the room where fires raged. You have never been in a massive fire, or understand the overwhelming radiant heat involved, so you spread lies.

Have you talked to someone who has been, or have you been in a fire where you could feel your skin start to burn... What would you do? Talking to aircraft fire survivors, they became motivated to leave the plane, and fortunately they were on the ground after the crash, and survived. Do you try to learn, or are you set in spreading lies thinking it will stop the wars? I never liked the Taliban, or Sadam - you realize Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11? Iraq was a separate thing?

The delusional claims you make will not stop the wars. The false claims are so insane, people will ignore your anti-war message.

yankee451 - "Have You No Sense of Decency?"

BTW, you have no evidence to support your claims
__________________
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" - Albert Einstein
"... education as the means of developing our greatest abilities" - JFK
https://folding.stanford.edu/ fold with your computer - join team 13232
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th January 2018, 02:27 AM   #80
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles
 
Dave Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Cair Paravel, according to XKCD
Posts: 27,405
Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Actually the evidence listed better fits with my conclusions than with yours, don't you think?
No, of course I don't. The evidence listed doesn't fit your conclusions any better; plus, even if it did, that would be committing the fallacy of cherry-picking, because there is a mountain of evidence that fits the well understood sequence of events that actually happened, and only a tiny subset of it that doesn't actually refute your fantasy.

Dave
__________________
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:02 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.