ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 9/11 , debate , Don Fox , jim fetzer , Joe Olson , Steve De'ak

Old 19th February 2018, 04:20 PM   #1
yankee451
Master Poster

9/11 – World Trade Center: dismantled and hollow vs “micro nukes”

Don Fox, Joe Olson and Jim Fetzer are big nuke advocates, and they square off against yours truly in this long (2-hour) discussion that eventually gets a little heated.

https://youtu.be/12drkO0du-E
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2018, 04:27 PM   #2
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post
Don Fox, Joe Olson and Jim Fetzer are big nuke advocates, and they square off against yours truly in this long (2-hour) discussion that eventually gets a little heated.

Did anyone make a rational point?

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2018, 04:44 PM   #3
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Four goofs for the price of one?

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2018, 04:45 PM   #4
fagin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
If I did smilies I'd give you a trillion laughing dogs.
Old 19th February 2018, 04:45 PM   #5
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

On the top of a head, maybe.

BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2018, 05:01 PM   #6
Loss Leader
I would save the receptionist.

It's like kindergarteners arguing about what Santa does if a house doesn't have a chimney.

L. Leader
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2018, 05:03 PM   #7
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

I wonder if anyone will actually sit through the whole two hours. I made it five minutes.........

It has huge support.......21 people have clicked on it so far.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2018, 05:15 PM   #8
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Loss Leader View Post
It's like kindergarteners arguing about what Santa does if a house doesn't have a chimney.
Wins thread.

Old 19th February 2018, 05:33 PM   #9
MileHighMadness
Muse

LOL...

Prof. Fetzer has truly crossed the event horizon, and living in his own reality. God help him!
Old 19th February 2018, 06:16 PM   #10
carlitos
"más divertido"

Big Nuke advocates sound horrible. Worse than Big Tobacco, no doubt.
carlitos is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2018, 06:19 PM   #11
Elagabalus
Illuminator

Here you go, Steve. This will take care of Fox, Olson and Fetzer arguments.

Operation Hardtack-2 - Rushmore 60528

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

This is a fizzle - very low yield (0.188 KT). See any of that kind of explosion on 9/11? Didn't think so ...
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th February 2018, 06:41 PM   #12
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Well, let's see, dismantled and hollow requires hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, of New York residents and visitors to fail to notice a major engineering project in the middle of a major business district, along with tens of thousands of people faking being employed at the site, over a period measured in decades. Meanwhile, micro nukes requires a similar number of people to have missed the massive "Bang", electromagnetic pulse effects, and lingering illnesses due to radioactive contamination (again, almost measured over decades now).

Nope, sorry, I can't decide which is stupider. You'll have to up your game.
Old 20th February 2018, 01:21 AM   #13
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
Here you go, Steve. This will take care of Fox, Olson and Fetzer arguments.

Operation Hardtack-2 - Rushmore 60528

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

This is a fizzle - very low yield (0.188 KT). See any of that kind of explosion on 9/11? Didn't think so ...
.188KT = 188 Kg of explosives. No nuke required. It would be so small that it would not demolish the building.

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post

Well, let's see, dismantled and hollow requires hundreds of thousands, maybe millions, of New York residents and visitors to fail to notice a major engineering project in the middle of a major business district, along with tens of thousands of people faking being employed at the site, over a period measured in decades. Meanwhile, micro nukes requires a similar number of people to have missed the massive "Bang", electromagnetic pulse effects, and lingering illnesses due to radioactive contamination (again, almost measured over decades now).

Nope, sorry, I can't decide which is stupider. You'll have to up your game.
You forgot the mushroom cloud. This would appear with any large explosion.
Old 20th February 2018, 01:51 AM   #14
smartcooky
Philosopher

You own me a new keyboard, and you can damned well come around here and mop up the mess you've made of my computer desk!!
As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
- Henry Louis Mencken - Baltimore Evening Sun, July 26, 1920
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2018, 02:33 AM   #15
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by rjh01 View Post
.188KT = 188 Kg of explosives. No nuke required. It would be so small that it would not demolish the building.
Ahem.

.188 KT - that's Kilo Tons
=188 Tons =< 188,000 kg
Old 20th February 2018, 04:08 AM   #16
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

I wonder if anyone will actually sit through the whole two hours.
I did.

It wasn't so bad. It was an elimination-style debate which opens with the panelists seated except for Fetzer, who refused to come to the table until he was coaxed over by the promise of an extra raspberry jello if he behaves himself.

Once began, a debate question is given to the panel, the answer to which apparently involves either screaming like a monkey, sobbing hysterically or flinging their jello at one another. Olson had to be consoled and given his picture book of kittens after taking a particularly nasty jello wad to his forehead, which brought on a 36 minute round of uncontrolled babbling and howling laughter by the other panelists.

I was rather disappointed as there doesn't seem to have been a declared winner. To be eliminated apparently involved two large orderlies rushing into the debate and tackling the slowest panelist. The remaining panelists would mimic playing kazoos while the captured panelist is straightjacketed and dragged from the room. This scene is repeated until one man is left at the table, playing with a booger. I won't spoil the ending by saying who that was.

Lastly, if the mods would, the video needs an NSFW tag - their gowns don't close in the back and there's several minutes of some rather gruesome footage you won't be able to un-see anytime soon.

Thanks.

Last edited by AJM8125; 20th February 2018 at 04:17 AM. Reason: God damned pronouns
AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2018, 04:35 AM   #17
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

You'd think they'd learn. This happens every time they serve raspberry jello.

Old 20th February 2018, 02:42 PM   #18
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Ahem.

.188 KT - that's Kilo Tons
=188 Tons =< 188,000 kg
Yes you are right. So anyone seen a mushroom cloud over the world trade centre on 9/11? If not then no blast.
Old 20th February 2018, 03:59 PM   #19
Axxman300
Illuminator

This needs to be said:

A nuclear bomb detonation is obvious from the second it goes off up to decades later. I don'r care how small they think it is.
Old 20th February 2018, 04:11 PM   #20
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
This needs to be said:

A nuclear bomb detonation is obvious from the second it goes off up to decades later. I don'r care how small they think it is.
This only applies if you subscribe to reality. There is no evidence any of the participants do.

Old 20th February 2018, 04:47 PM   #21
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

A debate of the Mad versus the Crazy?

Why would I waste two hours on it?
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2018, 06:58 PM   #22
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post

Why would I waste two hours on it?
I doubt anyone has.

Old 20th February 2018, 07:04 PM   #23
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
This needs to be said:

First there was the Hush-a-Bomb. Then the mad scientists of THEM designed and built the diabolically clever Hush-a-Nuke.

Old 20th February 2018, 07:47 PM   #24
MicahJava
Master Poster

http://www.sharpprintinginc.com/911/ has identified several core columns seen sticking up after the collapse to the ones shown in the blueprints. There is no room for any hollow concrete core or whatever.
MicahJava is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th February 2018, 07:49 PM   #25
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Location: A pocket paradise between the sewage treatment plant and the railroad

Once, many years ago, at a theme restaurant called Medieval Manor, I witnessed two men under the influence of alcohol "jousting" one another using loaves of French bread held between their thighs.

Had one of the loaves been labeled "Hollow Towers" and the other one "Mini Nukes," it would have been a veritable prophecy.

Dilly dilly!
Old 20th February 2018, 07:57 PM   #26
Axxman300
Illuminator

This only applies if you subscribe to reality. There is no evidence any of the participants do.
I know, but it also goes back to the failed logic of a 9-11 conspiracy.

If micro-nukes actually existed, and terrorists had them I'm pretty sure this fact would be terrifying enough to institute whatever constitutional revisions needed to search everyone, everywhere, and at any time. Hell, most people would hold the door open for the NWO cops.

But no, they were secret nukes that nobody, including Los Alamos, has ever seen.
Old 20th February 2018, 08:44 PM   #27
EventHorizon
Atheist Tergiversator

Nominated. This is so perfect.

I wonder if anyone will actually sit through the whole two hours. I made it five minutes.........
Same with me but I just wanted to see what crazy people look and sound like.

Last edited by EventHorizon; 20th February 2018 at 08:49 PM.
EventHorizon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2018, 01:49 AM   #28
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Links to a video showing people going in and out of the building to prove there was no-one in the building.
Priceless!
Old 21st February 2018, 02:00 AM   #29
cjnewson88
Graduate Poster

I'm more surprised Steve is still active...
cjnewson88 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2018, 02:20 AM   #30
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
http://www.sharpprintinginc.com/911/ has identified several core columns seen sticking up after the collapse to the ones shown in the blueprints. There is no room for any hollow concrete core or whatever.

What does that mean?
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2018, 02:39 AM   #31
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
What does that mean?
That an idea that seems utterly stupid at first glance is, in fact, on further investigation, still utterly stupid.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2018, 08:18 AM   #32
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Originally Posted by MicahJava View Post
What hollow concrete core? There were spare columns, undocumented ones? wtf is going on?
Old 21st February 2018, 09:17 AM   #33
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
What hollow concrete core? There were spare columns, undocumented ones? wtf is going on?
Apparently, the search for a realistice explanation for free fall of the towers is still going on.

Dave
Me: So what you're saying is that, if the load carrying ability of the lower structure is reduced to the point where it can no longer support the load above it, it will collapse without a jolt, right?

Tony Szamboti: That is right
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2018, 10:11 AM   #34
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Apparently, the search for a realistice explanation for free fall of the towers is still going on.

Dave

Oh, god, he's gone full Christophera! We're doomed! DOOOOMED!!!!
Old 21st February 2018, 10:23 AM   #35
CORed
Philosopher

It's sort of like debating whether the sky is yellow with green stripes, or purple with pink polka dots.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2018, 10:26 AM   #36
NoahFence
Banned

Crack is whack.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2018, 10:30 AM   #37
NoahFence
Banned

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
It's sort of like debating whether the sky is yellow with green stripes, or purple with pink polka dots.
Fact is, the only people who can see either version are already Fruit Loops™
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2018, 10:35 AM   #38
Dr.Sid
Graduate Poster

Well these guy never really knew what critical thinking is. If they got to nukes today, imagine what they will think in another 10, 20 years. I means what's next ?
I mean sure, aliens. But that's kinda old. Also wasn't it mentioned with 9/11 already ?
Superman ? Gandalf the Grey ? God Himself conspiring with Bush administration ?
Dr.Sid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2018, 10:36 AM   #39
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

Four broke clocks, with no hands. Heated BS, move the discussion into a dark barn, grow some mushrooms.
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st February 2018, 01:34 PM   #40
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
Four broke clocks, with no hands. Heated BS, move the discussion into a dark barn, grow some mushrooms.
Wise words. Mushrooms are good in so many ways.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories