ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags loose change

Old 30th May 2006, 12:14 AM   #1
Ducky

Loose Change has it all wrong.

Squibs? Pssht. Whatever. Controlled demolition? I think not!!!

Everyone knows it was obviously an underground nuclear bomb. Not those "airplanes" they showed on TV!

How anyone takes this seriously is beyond me.
Ducky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2006, 12:20 AM   #2
CFLarsen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fowlsound View Post

Everyone knows it was obviously an underground nuclear bomb. Not those "airplanes" they showed on TV!

But that's why we are skeptics: We want to find out why.
CFLarsen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2006, 02:10 AM   #3
The_Fire
Unimpressed Female

"We? That better be you and that invisible aardwarck in your pocket you are talking about, because I KNOW you are not stupid enough to open a giant can of whoop ass by claiming you know what I think."
Stop Sylvia Browne
The_Fire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2006, 02:12 AM   #4
TobiasTheViking
Resident Viking Autist

there there
* TobiasTheViking pats The_Fire
Old 30th May 2006, 02:54 AM   #5
Anders W. Bonde
Critical Thinker

This is a joke, right...right? (If not I wonder what substitutes for brains in those guys).

Why isn't the fully documented intentional high speed crashing of two large, fuel ladden airliners filled with passengers into The Twin Towers enough for the CT cretins? Seeing the magnitude of the damage and fires I was impressed even on the day that they actually stood for as long as they did, considering they were steel structures.
Old 30th May 2006, 02:58 AM   #6
Ducky

Originally Posted by Anders W. Bonde View Post
This is a joke, right...right? (If not I wonder what substitutes for brains in those guys).

Why isn't the fully documented intentional high speed crashing of two large, fuel ladden airliners filled with passengers into The Twin Towers enough for the CT cretins? Seeing the magnitude of the damage and fires I was impressed even on the day that they actually stood for as long as they did, considering they were steel structures.

I would hope it is a joke. that site is waaaay out there. Nuclear explosions? How is that even needed when you fly two fuled airplanes at 500+ mph into two buildings?

Boggles the mind.

I would post this theory at Loose Change, but they banned me before I could even post. They must be psychc or something.
Ducky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2006, 03:00 AM   #7
TobiasTheViking
Resident Viking Autist

well, when it opens with quotes from the bible, you know it is good
Old 30th May 2006, 03:03 AM   #8
Ducky

hold yer horses folks:

We got another live one...
Old 30th May 2006, 03:10 AM   #9
brodski
Tea-Time toad

I would hope it is a joke. that site is waaaay out there. Nuclear explosions? How is that even needed when you fly two fuled airplanes at 500+ mph into two buildings?

Boggles the mind.

I would post this theory at Loose Change, but they banned me before I could even post. They must be psychc or something.
You don't need to go over to the LC forum for this stuff, our very own dear Geggy posted something a couple of weeks back about "nana nukes". The thing with CTers is that they rarely subscribe exclusively to one "theory" or another, so when you demolish one plank of their argument (in a controlled manner, at faster than free fall speeds ) they just jump to another, they are willing to contemplate any theory whatsoever, so long as it in some way supports their cherished conclusion.. Witness Geggy arguing for a nuke, thermite and C4 demolition, the facts that any one of these would probably make the other two unnecessary, and no combination of the three would produce the results we all saw on 9/11, are irrelevant. I donít think he ever went for the "no planes" theory, which is a pity; otherwise he would have had a full house.
brodski is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2006, 03:14 AM   #10
Ducky

Originally Posted by brodski View Post
You don't need to go over to the LC forum for this stuff, our very own dear Geggy posted something a couple of weeks back about "nana nukes". The thing with CTers is that they rarely subscribe exclusively to one "theory" or another, so when you demolish one plank of their argument (in a controlled manner, at faster than free fall speeds ) they just jump to another, they are willing to contemplate any theory whatsoever, so long as it in some way supports their cherished conclusion.. Witness Geggy arguing for a nuke, thermite and C4 demolition, the facts that any one of these would probably make the other two unnecessary, and no combination of the three would produce the results we all saw on 9/11, are irrelevant. I don’t think he ever went for the "no planes" theory, which is a pity; otherwise he would have had a full house.

Sigh.

Yeah I saw that thread way too late. You guys have all the fun with the neat amusing trolls. I always get stuck courting some asshat troll for sweaty gay sex. Sadly, I think he'll break my heart.

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.

C'est la vie.
Old 30th May 2006, 03:14 AM   #11
CFLarsen
Penultimate Amazing

hold yer horses folks:

The good Mr Tahil also believes that the moon landings were a hoax...
CFLarsen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2006, 03:20 AM   #12
cloudshipsrule
Graduate Poster

Clearly Pixar provided the 'faked' airliner-flown-into-the-buildings footage. Looked pretty convincing too.
cloudshipsrule is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2006, 03:22 AM   #13
brodski
Tea-Time toad

hold yer horses folks:

This is my favourite bit. </p>
Quote:
3. Pyroclastic flow of the building and its total pulverisation from top to bottom - classic of an underground nuclear explosion. Shock wave travelled up the building, reflected off the top and pulverised it back down
I can imagine a conversation like this
9/11 loon: the Twin towers where brought down by a nuke in the basement.
Skeptic: But I saw et collapse, it started from neat the top down!
9/11 loon: ah, but no, you see, it sent SHOCKWAVES up the building, which bounced off the roof, and made it collapse FROM THE TOP DOWN.
Skeptic: It didn't collapse form the top down, it collapsed from NEAR the top down, starting at the point where AN AEROPLANE HIT THE BUILDING
9/11 loon: Ah so the shockwaves bounced off the aeroplane, thanks for the tip.

Skeptic beats head against desk.
brodski is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2006, 03:22 AM   #14
Shrinker
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by cloudshipsrule View Post
Clearly Pixar provided the 'faked' airliner-flown-into-the-buildings footage. Looked pretty convincing too.
I think you'll find it was Military-Industrial Light & Magic. They're based in the Pentagon. On the other side of course.
Shrinker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2006, 03:22 AM   #15
Ducky

Originally Posted by cloudshipsrule View Post

That would explain the clearly visible face of Woody in the cockpit of Flight 11.
Old 30th May 2006, 03:24 AM   #16
Anacoluthon64
Defollyant Iconoclast

Can you say, "Where are the WTC seismograms?"

Can you say, "Where is the consensus of (USGS) seismologists who have examined the seismograms and who support the nuclear device detonation interpretation?"

Can you say, "Where are the seismic event location data?"

Can you say, "Where are the moment tensor inversion data?"

Can you say, "Does the event moment tensor indicate an explosive source mechanism of the proposed magnitude?"

Can you say, "As long as you can't say anything about any of these things, you're talking tripe."

'Luthon64
"The cynics were watchdogs terrifying malefactors. They tried to expose falseness and conceit. That's why their name is still spoken with a snarl." — Petr Skrabanek, In Defence of Destructive Criticism.
Anacoluthon64 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2006, 03:46 AM   #17
brodski
Tea-Time toad

Sigh.

Yeah I saw that thread way too late. You guys have all the fun with the neat amusing trolls. I always get stuck courting some asshat troll for sweaty gay sex. Sadly, I think he'll break my heart.

Always a bridesmaid, never a bride.

C'est la vie.
Maybe you should consider joining the official GLOBALISTS conspiracy? We can have your stalkers "taken care of", also we get to know most of the stupid things that the loosers and their fellow travellers will post before they post them. Of course occasionally they come up with something so earth shatteringly stupid that it slips through our advanced unintelligence network. Particularly when they post "evidence" which directly contradicts their claims. Like this great piece from "reopen 9/11" on the 7/7 London bombings. http://reopen911.org/#London here they contend that it would be impossible for anyone to get on a train at Luton after 7.22, but arrive in kings cross before 8.26. The timetable they posted (which included the actual times achieved by the trains on that day) show a train leaving at 7.25 and arriving at 8.23. I guess none told them that 7.25 was after 7.22 and that 8.23 is before 8.26. See even evidence against their pet theory is evidence for the theory.
Old 30th May 2006, 03:52 AM   #18
Ducky

Maybe you should consider joining the official GLOBALISTS conspiracy? We can have your stalkers "taken care of", also we get to know most of the stupid things that the loosers and their fellow travellers will post before they post them. Of course occasionally they come up with something so earth shatteringly stupid that it slips through our advanced unintelligence network. Particularly when they post "evidence" which directly contradicts their claims. Like this great piece from "reopen 9/11" on the 7/7 London bombings. http://reopen911.org/#London here they contend that it would be impossible for anyone to get on a train at Luton after 7.22, but arrive in kings cross before 8.26. The timetable they posted (which included the actual times achieved by the trains on that day) show a train leaving at 7.25 and arriving at 8.23. I guess none told them that 7.25 was after 7.22 and that 8.23 is before 8.26. See even evidence against their pet theory is evidence for the theory.

...all postulated by someone who's never ridden the tube I bet. Anyone check the reported source to make sure Chris Hudson actually works for Thameslink Rail?

By the way, on that site the thing right above it complains that the CIA won't be disciplined for its incompetence.

...If the CIA is so incompetant how the hell did it pull off 9/11?

Last edited by Ducky; 30th May 2006 at 03:54 AM.
Old 30th May 2006, 04:00 AM   #19
Ducky

Brodski:

Upon further diggin, this is the apparent source of that timetable.

It appears Chris was giving the standard schedule as printed for everyday, not specifically the schedule for 7/7.

All a moot point now, as that company is no longer in charge of the trains. Wonder if Chris Hudson is still available for contact via that email addy?
Old 30th May 2006, 04:54 AM   #20
brodski
Tea-Time toad

Brodski:

Upon further diggin, this is the apparent source of that timetable.

It appears Chris was giving the standard schedule as printed for everyday, not specifically the schedule for 7/7.

All a moot point now, as that company is no longer in charge of the trains. Wonder if Chris Hudson is still available for contact via that email addy?
The table in the e-mail is very badly formatted, but it does seem to show the real data for 7/7 (it has a column showing the "actual" time of departure/ arrival). The story linked from the original repopen9/11 page claims that even though there was a train a 07.25 arriving at 08.23, they timed how long it would take to walk from the concourse at Luton (where the CCTV is) to the platform, and it took over 3 minuets. They also claim that there would not be enough time to buy a ticket.
A few of thing wrong here,
1) Terrorists (and others) have been known to use an advanced travailing technique known as "running", this allows people to move at speeds faster than a walking pace.
2) CTers claim that there wasn't enough time to buy a ticket. Well guess what, these guys where hell bent on committing murder I don't think that they would be too averse to travelling without a ticket. (Remember that the Luton to Kings X journey is an over ground route, it's not on the Tube, there are no ticket barriers at either end of that particular journey, and rail companies very rarely check tickets during the morning rush hour)
3) And this is the biggie, rail "train operating companies" (TOCs) are fined (and may even lose their franchise) if their trains do not meet punctuality targets. This is why they have to report the actual departure and arrival times of trains, "Themslink" have a very poor record (which is why they no longer operate that route). TOCs use every dodge they can get away with to "massage" their punctuality figures, this means that a train reported to depart at 07.25 may have left as late as 07.25.59, (or even later if the TOC was less than honest in its reporting) which would give the bomber plenty of time to get on the train, even if he didn't run.
If this is the best "proof" which they have, then there is no need to worry.
Old 30th May 2006, 04:58 AM   #21
Ducky

The table in the e-mail is very badly formatted, but it does seem to show the real data for 7/7 (it has a column showing the "actual" time of departure/ arrival). The story linked from the original repopen9/11 page claims that even though there was a train a 07.25 arriving at 08.23, they timed how long it would take to walk from the concourse at Luton (where the CCTV is) to the platform, and it took over 3 minuets. They also claim that there would not be enough time to buy a ticket.
A few of thing wrong here,
1) Terrorists (and others) have been known to use an advanced travailing technique known as "running", this allows people to move at speeds faster than a walking pace.
2) CTers claim that there wasn't enough time to buy a ticket. Well guess what, these guys where hell bent on committing murder I don't think that they would be too averse to travelling without a ticket. (Remember that the Luton to Kings X journey is an over ground route, it's not on the Tube, there are no ticket barriers at either end of that particular journey, and rail companies very rarely check tickets during the morning rush hour)
3) And this is the biggie, rail "train operating companies" (TOCs) are fined (and may even lose their franchise) if their trains do not meet punctuality targets. This is why they have to report the actual departure and arrival times of trains, "Themslink" have a very poor record (which is why they no longer operate that route). TOCs use every dodge they can get away with to "massage" their punctuality figures, this means that a train reported to depart at 07.25 may have left as late as 07.25.59, (or even later if the TOC was less than honest in its reporting) which would give the bomber plenty of time to get on the train, even if he didn't run.
If this is the best "proof" which they have, then there is no need to worry.

All very good points. I wonder if anyone has brought that up to the CTers?

By the way, I have heard of this "running" you speak of, but am baffled as to why it would be employed when we have scooters, motorcycles and cars.
Old 30th May 2006, 05:06 AM   #22
brodski
Tea-Time toad

By the way, I have heard of this &quot;running&quot; you speak of, but am baffled as to why it would be employed when we have scooters, motorcycles and cars.
Ah, so you're the titanium superhero I saw in his car on the platform at Mornington Crescent station this morning! (That's against the rules you know, ever since that nasty incident during the 1947 world cup match).
Old 30th May 2006, 05:23 AM   #23
Ducky

Ah, so you're the titanium superhero I saw in his car on the platform at Mornington Crescent station this morning! (That's against the rules you know, ever since that nasty incident during the 1947 world cup match).

Sadly, My 99 Jeep wrangler has not left the garage beneath my building since about this time last year.

...which is why I stole that mini. In defense of hollywood, it is possible to drive a mini through train stations ala The Italian Job style.
Old 30th May 2006, 06:10 AM   #24
brodski
Tea-Time toad

Sadly...which is why I stole that mini. In defense of hollywood, it is possible to drive a mini through train stations ala The Italian Job style.
True. Michael Cain would not lie to us
On a separate note, I've got to point out the transatlantic divide between CTers, USAians get micro nukes, missles disguised as planes by mysterious "pods", mind control technology etc. The Brits get arguments about train timetables and punctuality. If only the CTers could come up with a reason than 7/7 was an inside job based on the weather, they'd be in heven.
Old 30th May 2006, 06:20 AM   #25
The_Fire
Unimpressed Female

A couple of words that I don't think he's heard about:
Shockwave
Secondary damage
Radioactivity
Radiation disease
Damaged buildings due to shockwave
Crater
Firestorm (all though it WAS underground)

No nuke is THAT localised!
"We? That better be you and that invisible aardwarck in your pocket you are talking about, because I KNOW you are not stupid enough to open a giant can of whoop ass by claiming you know what I think."
Stop Sylvia Browne
The_Fire is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2006, 06:51 AM   #26
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Delicious. I'm so jaded that the only conspiracy theories that I can really enjoy are the ones that weave together completely disparate events. This theory is not just nukes on 9/11, but Kennedy's assassination, a Catholic cabal, Bible prophecy, and the moon hoax. He not only includes old favorites like Kissinger but also throws in dark horses like Nelson Rockefeller and current machinationists like Donald Rumsfeld. So few conspiracists take the time to write new captions for old photos (e.g. LBJ being sworn in on the airplane is not placing his hand on the Holy Bible but instead is touching a Catholic Book of Mass). Adding Jacquie Kennedy to the list of Jesuit-trained assassins that helped kill JFK is creative genius.

Congratulations, sir. You are the type of first-class kook that amateur kooks can only dream about.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2006, 07:23 AM   #27
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

But everyone knows that the A-bombs were hoaxes! So how could that be?

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2006, 07:43 AM   #28
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Well, that is another funny thing about CTs: They carefully avoid each other. They haunt friendly forums and even come here to spam or troll, but you never see two of them with contradictory theories fighting it out.

Hans
Old 30th May 2006, 08:09 AM   #29
Overman
Master Poster

This is a runaway train.

It seems as though one can make a name for themselves in the CTer world by coming up with the farthest fetched scheme.

As far out as you could imagine....

Actually, I just got an Idea for a thread...
Overman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2006, 08:32 AM   #30
YouBelieveWHAT?
Muse

Hmmm,

MRC_Hans may be onto something here....

Perhaps there is only one CT? That would explain why you never see Clark Kent at the same time as Superman!

YBW

And thanks to SkepticJ:
We'd outgrown the fables, I knew. The sun isn't Apollo's chariot, of course, it's a star that began burning when a god said "Let there be light". Man was not created from clay by Zeus, he was created from clay by Yahweh. Hades didn't restore Euridice to life, please. That would be absurd. Jesus did, of course, restore Lazarus to life.... What morons we were before. How wise we are now. - Dale McGowan
YouBelieveWHAT? is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th May 2006, 08:37 AM   #31
Kiwiwriter
Graduate Poster

Smile The Bomb is Loose!

Well, if the bomb is responsible, then I have to point out that like those mutants in "Return to the Planet of the Apes," I worship the Atomic Bomb.

Our High Holy Days are a real blast!
Kiwiwriter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2006, 05:24 AM   #32
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Well, that is another funny thing about CTs: They carefully avoid each other. They haunt friendly forums and even come here to spam or troll, but you never see two of them with contradictory theories fighting it out.

Hans
I am going to put a spell on you. When you have finished reading this you will go over to Loose Change forum and tell them you have a crazy idea about why the buildings came down. You after all have the lack of evidence to prove your point. As a by-product you tell them they are all wrong, because it it a conspiracy to keep the TRUTH from the public. Slog it out with them. Give no clue that you are from this forum.
rjh01 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st May 2006, 07:14 AM   #33
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by rjh01 View Post
I am going to put a spell on you. When you have finished reading this you will go over to Loose Change forum and tell them you have a crazy idea about why the buildings came down. You after all have the lack of evidence to prove your point. As a by-product you tell them they are all wrong, because it it a conspiracy to keep the TRUTH from the public. Slog it out with them. Give no clue that you are from this forum.
I'll think about it. Although I have actually given up trolling....

Hans

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal