ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags loose change , korey rowe , jason bermas , jack blood , gravy , dylan avery

Old 20th June 2006, 05:20 PM   #121
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by 60hzxtl View Post
I'm not even sure that that knife photo, listed in the evidence, was even found at the Pentagon. I've looked at it at the Moussaoui trial list of evidence and I can't see it listed as the type of evidence.
http://www.rcfp.org/moussaoui/jpg/FO08301-1.jpg
Actually, I was talking about a knife from flight 93, not a box cutter. Don't have a picture handy, but I thought I remember seeing one.

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th June 2006, 05:24 PM   #122
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by jon View Post
One other point about the knives - not only can small knives be used to kill, they were actually used to kill some people on the flights.

If there's going to be a media circus on 9/11, man would it be good if someone waved a 'small' box cutter at Avery and offered to take him on Admittedly a very bad idea cause of the whole getting arrested thing, and violence really is bad, but it would make me smile
Oh, Sentinel, you out there...

(He has routinely made veiled - and maybe not so veiled - threats against Avery's return to Ground Zero. Sentinel is the auxiliary fireman seen arguing with Avery and Bermas at Ground Zero, and making some good points, in the extra features of LC2E.)

Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th June 2006, 05:56 PM   #123
realitybites
Graduate Poster

Quote:
you guys can agree with whoever you want, i'm done dealing with people like mr. roberts and the effect they have on individuals such as yourself. make up your own minds.

zack, make your $9.11 documentary and make it better than mine, otherwise stop criticizing me and my work. when you start going on radio shows all day every day, we'll see how you stack up to the pressure.
If you listen carefully, you can almost hear Dylan stomp up the stairs as he says this followed by the slamming of his bedroom door.

Truly a sad story. Lifetime quality. If not, there's at least some ABC After School Special material in it.
realitybites is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th June 2006, 07:15 PM   #124
HidariMak
Student

Originally Posted by CurtC View Post
I strongly disagree with this. The folks on the planes didn't fight, because the entire history of hijackings taught us that we will likely be OK if we just liet them have their way for now. Hijackings had always been hostage situations, where the culprits made demands, such as letting their buddies out of Israeli prison.

They didn't give a flip about what it was the terrorists had to say, just that given the history, fighting was a bad idea.
On that note, I remember hearing a news report once stating what was heard over the radio of one of the jets used to hit one of the WTC buildings, right before it hit. It was one of the hijackers, announcing to the passengers that the plane was on its way to the airport, and would be landing in a few minutes. And the passengers cheered. The hijacker was probably smiling when he said that too, believing the rubbish about being sent to paradise to be forever serviced by virgins, when his own faith told him that he'd be going to hell for murdering those who weren't raising arms against him.

Regardless of the weapons which the hijackers had, the others likely would've acted much differently if they knew what was really going to happen. And to insult them for their lack of foresight into what was then an unimaginable event is foolish.
HidariMak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th June 2006, 09:24 PM   #125
MarkyX
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Class View Post
Dylan Avery's response to Gravy's compilation of quotes:

s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Change_Forum/index.php?showtopic=6602&st=60&#entry5475933

Edited to fix a spelling mistake.
Dylan "Million Dollar Baby" Avery

Sure it might not sound well on the tongue, but very accurate. The kid doesn't even have to work anymore and he complains about the fame he is getting while walking around with a sense of undeserved accomplishment.

Last edited by MarkyX; 20th June 2006 at 09:27 PM.
MarkyX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th June 2006, 09:28 PM   #126
SRW
Master Poster

When I was opening boxes with a box cutter, it slipped and took off half my thumb. That was 35 years ago and I still have the scar and no feeling in the area above the cut. I'm I big guy but I would not go after a bunch of guys with box cutters and, as I recall at lest on said he had a bomb. I cannot imagine anyone attaching a hijacker unless they knew the thugs were going to go bad...like on flight 93.
SRW is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th June 2006, 09:37 PM   #127
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

Originally Posted by Yahzi View Post
Fascists of all stripes cannot even begin to grasp this concept. They will always attribute mercy to weakness, tolerance to gullibility, and fairness to stupidity.

I know comparing 9/11 to Pearl Harbour is the forte of CTers... but...

According to individuals who were with Osama and friends at the time of 9/11... he anticipated the damaged floors of the towers collapsing, but not the collapse of the entire building. (Bear in mind his family have a very successful construction company).

I can't help but think he might have felt a bit like Yamamoto when he saw those towers come crashing to the ground.

I suspect he felt even more like Yamamoto when the entire world said "Yes" to invading Afghanistan and he had to go hide in a cave...

-Andrew
gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th June 2006, 09:49 PM   #128
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

Originally Posted by HidariMak View Post
The hijacker was probably smiling when he said that too, believing the rubbish about being sent to paradise to be forever serviced by virgins, when his own faith told him that he'd be going to hell for murdering those who weren't raising arms against him.
I remember at the time of 9/11 a lot of people immediately called the official story false because it was such a "complication" operation that required "extensive resources".

I found this patently absurd. All that was required was airline timetables and wrist watches.

Nonetheless, the single thing that bugged me was the number of hijackers. Even in 2001 suicide bombers were extremely rare. I found it highly unlikely they could have rounded up 19 hijackers all willing to die.

But then it became obvious to me. Only the hijacker actually piloting the plane had to know it was a suicide mission. The other hijackers could have genuinely believed it was a regular hijacking mission.

The flight recorder from U93 seems to suggest the hijackers struggled over the control column at the last moments. This seems to reinforce the notion that not all of them knew it was a suicide.

It's really of no surprise... having read Saburo Saki's autobiography "Samurai!" I'm well aware that the Japanese Kamakazi were not all as willing to die as history would have us believe.

Anyway... this, and accounts from workmates of my father working in the middle east with the UN seem to indicate the "willing to die" are as often as not gullible pawns. Something to consider.

-Andrew

(P.S. This is not a claim that any sympathy should be felt for such people at all. But it suggests greater hope of defeating this enemy.)
gumboot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st June 2006, 12:55 AM   #129
Flo
Illuminator

If I know Ray Kelly, police commissioner, (and I am acquainted with him) he's onto the losers, and they will be shuttled off to a safe corner.
How does he feel about the accusations of some of the loosers regarding a possible involvement of the NYPD and Giuliani in the "conspiracy" ? I really wish those scums were made to eat their words on that bit (and on what they said about the victims in general).
Flo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st June 2006, 04:30 AM   #130
MarkyX
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Flo View Post
How does he feel about the accusations of some of the loosers regarding a possible involvement of the NYPD and Giuliani in the "conspiracy" ? I really wish those scums were made to eat their words on that bit (and on what they said about the victims in general).
All they have to do is threaten a police officer or touch them and we got some nice "POLICE STATE OMG" going on.

I would so record that and sell it for 17.95. I can make around a million dollars.
Old 21st June 2006, 05:04 AM   #131
Flo
Illuminator

Originally Posted by MarkyX View Post
All they have to do is threaten a police officer or touch them and we got some nice "POLICE STATE OMG" going on.

I would so record that and sell it for 17.95. I can make around a million dollars.

I wasn't considering the police beating or threatening them, I was thinking about a nice lawsuit for slander or libel, or false accusations. Note that should one come, we'll hear all kinds of variations on the theme of "my rights", "police state", "freespeech", etc.

I've been trying to make some French and Canadian idiots aware of the fact that by relaying this nonsense, they were accessories to committing slander (accusations calomnieuses, in French), which is a serious offence that could send them to court. Of course, the "police state card" was immediately played ... Those kids want to be heroes in their own eyes, but are certainly not ready to shoulder the consequences.
Flo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st June 2006, 05:28 AM   #132
60hzxtl
Muse

He is the police commissioner. He deals with real bad guys, real psycho's real terrorists, real dangers, and real threats of danger, all the time.

Kidz Wit' Kameraz, printed t-shirts, badly spelled placards "Its teh conspirocy!" are just a gnat to the pros.

The PD would not bother with a libel law suit - you have to show damages, and as a public figure, or figures, they are subject to ridicule, etc.

False accusations, they deal with all the time. About the only time they pursue it is if it effects a criminal case. Other than that, it's just another day at the office.

As far as the whiners complaining about the police state, they love to play "civil disobedience." But true Civil disobedience requires that you go quietly and take the consequences of you disobedience, as Ghandi, of M.L. King jr. did. They don't get that part.

Last edited by 60hzxtl; 21st June 2006 at 05:33 AM.
60hzxtl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st June 2006, 05:40 AM   #133
chran
Muse

Originally Posted by SRW View Post
I cannot imagine anyone attaching a hijacker unless they knew the thugs were going to go bad...like on flight 93.
I would - I would rush one of those modderfukkers before they knew what hit them.
chran is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st June 2006, 06:46 AM   #134
Chaos
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Yahzi View Post
They didn't sit still for this one.

As soon as Flight 93 found out that the hijackers had violated the normal rules of hijacking, they got up and fought.

The only reason any of the hijackings worked is because people let them work. And the reason they let them work is because we are Americans.

In America, we believe everyone has a right to have their say. And if you feel so strongly about your issue that you need to hijack a plane and ruin everyone's day to get a bunch of media attention, well, ok. We'll listen. We'll put in you jail afterwards, but we'll listen.

And that's why the first three planes let the hijackers put on their little show. Because Americans really believe that everyone should have a chance to speak.

Fascists of all stripes cannot even begin to grasp this concept. They will always attribute mercy to weakness, tolerance to gullibility, and fairness to stupidity.
I beg to differ. The reason passengers did not - pre-9/11 - resist hijackers was because it was the best way to stay alive.

On an "ordinary" hijacking, if you resist, you will probably get killed, maybe even everyone on the plane will die. If you don´t resist, the history of hijackings show you have a very good chance of surviving the experience.

On a suicide hijacking - that is, 9/11 style - if you do not resist, you´re dead, and it is very likely that lots of other people are going to die, too. If you resist, you have chance to survive - probably a very small chance, but a chance nonetheless; and unless you scre up completely, nobody else outside the plane is going to die.

So, simple logic shows that not resisting an "ordinary" hijacking is the best choice, as is resisting a suicide hijacking.
Chaos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st June 2006, 07:59 AM   #135
Flo
Illuminator

He is the police commissioner. He deals with real bad guys, real psycho's real terrorists, real dangers, and real threats of danger, all the time.

Kidz Wit' Kameraz, printed t-shirts, badly spelled placards "Its teh conspirocy!" are just a gnat to the pros.

The PD would not bother with a libel law suit - you have to show damages, and as a public figure, or figures, they are subject to ridicule, etc..
I understand. However, should CT spread to a significant level, such as someone actually suing the PD or FD, or some other agency, wouldn't they have to counter ?

Quote:
As far as the whiners complaining about the police state, they love to play "civil disobedience." But true Civil disobedience requires that you go quietly and take the consequences of you disobedience, as Ghandi, of M.L. King jr. did. They don't get that part.
Agreed. Essentially irresponsible cowards.
Old 21st June 2006, 12:13 PM   #136
XXX
Thinker

Quote:
Dylan Avery's response to Gravy's compilation of quotes:

s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Change_Forum/index.php?showtopic=6602&st=60&#entry5475933
echypoo, MSM, whoever else...

if there was an entire group of people dedicated to recording and scrutinzing EVERY WORD you've spoken since 2004, i bet there'd be some pretty dumb stuff in there too.
He didn't go over EVERY WORD you've spoken, just what you have said in PUBLIC INTERVIEWS. You have to watch what you say in public.

Quote:
mr. roberts has dug up absolutely every single interview i've ever done, so of course he's going to find some questionable statements.
"Some" questionable statements being several pages worth! And it's not like you have to talk about 100 different topics like some politician or radio talk show guy, all you have to do is talk about one subject, 9/11, without making a fool out of yourself.

Quote:
you guys can agree with whoever you want, i'm done dealing with people like mr. roberts and the effect they have on individuals such as yourself. make up your own minds.
I love this part..."and the effect they have on individuals such as yourself". You weak minded fool! He's using an old Jedi mind trick!

Quote:
zack, make your $9.11 documentary and make it better than mine, otherwise stop criticizing me and my work. when you start going on radio shows all day every day, we'll see how you stack up to the pressure.
Edited to fix a spelling mistake.
I'm sorry, did Dylan actually make a 9/11 documentary? Documentarys do have facts, don't they?

"The truth has power for the simple reason that it is the truth. Wouldn't you prefer your truth like that?"
XXX is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st June 2006, 12:16 PM   #137
Montoya

Originally Posted by XXX View Post
I'm sorry, did Dylan actually make a 9/11 documentary? Documentarys do have facts, don't they?
He meant mockumentary.
Montoya is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st June 2006, 12:36 PM   #138
60hzxtl
Muse

Documentarys do have facts, don't they?

The ones I make do.

Otherwise it's as Henry Luce once said about the March of Time series,

"Creative fakery in alligence to the truth."

The term Documentary ain't what it used to be.
60hzxtl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st June 2006, 02:11 PM   #139
sackett
Philosopher

About hijacking

I recall reading about an incident that occurred not long after September 11. Some genius tried to hijack an Air India flight with a knife. That didn’t surprise me, hell there’s always some copycat piece of Rule 8 around, yearning for fame. The surprising thing is that the ~100 passengers who mugged him let him live until the plane landed. What amazing restraint!

Skyjacking will never be the same again.

Yeah, I’d jump one of them. There’s a pa kua move called Monkey Picking Fruit that works well in a confined space. I leave the details to your imagination.

What region of the earth is not filled with our calamities? -- Virgil
sackett is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st June 2006, 03:04 PM   #140
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by sackett View Post
Yeah, I’d jump one of them. There’s a pa kua move called Monkey Picking Fruit that works well in a confined space. I leave the details to your imagination.
Sounds similar to one I learned called "Dragon Claw".
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st June 2006, 04:21 PM   #141
hellaeon
Graduate Poster

I wasn't considering the police beating or threatening them, I was thinking about a nice lawsuit for slander or libel, or false accusations. Note that should one come, we'll hear all kinds of variations on the theme of "my rights", "police state", "freespeech", etc.

I've been trying to make some French and Canadian idiots aware of the fact that by relaying this nonsense, they were accessories to committing slander (accusations calomnieuses, in French), which is a serious offence that could send them to court. Of course, the "police state card" was immediately played ... Those kids want to be heroes in their own eyes, but are certainly not ready to shoulder the consequences.
...Yeah but heroes like John McClane in the Die Hard documentries get to walk away with the spoils without the need to shoulder anything or any circumstance. Come on man, educate yourself...
hellaeon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st June 2006, 04:42 PM   #142
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

I have to laugh at Dylan's "pressure" from lots of interviews. If his claims were genuine, he would be chomping at the bit to get on air and tell people about it. The interviewers wouldn't get a word in edgewise.

Instead he almost seems reluctant to speak. Half the time it's the hosts laying down the accusations, and he just agrees.

The only reason he feels so much pressure (pressure? Try a live performance in front of 40,000 people, buddy) in those interviews is because he knows his "evidence" is about as solid as an invisicrete core.

-Andrew

EDIT: Ack, laptop typo
Old 21st June 2006, 07:20 PM   #143
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

He didn't go over EVERY WORD you've spoken, just what you have said in PUBLIC INTERVIEWS. You have to watch what you say in public.

I think the thing that he is discovering is that this isn't a game. Words have consequences, especially when you put them out there for everyone to see. It's one thing to hide behind an anonomous internet group (like this ), but when you stick yourself out there, as they like to so famously trumpet, then you better be prepared.

A good thing about fame is that people listen to what you say. OTOH, a bad thing about fame is that people actually listen to what you say. You have to have your ducks in a row, it isn't a game.
Old 21st June 2006, 07:54 PM   #144
gumboot
lorcutus.tolere

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
A good thing about fame is that people listen to what you say. OTOH, a bad thing about fame is that people actually listen to what you say. You have to have your ducks in a row, it isn't a game.
And of course it's always more important when you're out there claiming to make a stand for something specific.

His quotes are not just "the odd slip up".

His video claims "Dedicated to the lives lost on 9/11" His words in public (and actions) demonstrate this to be entirely untrue.

-Andrew
Old 22nd June 2006, 05:17 AM   #145
HidariMak
Student

Originally Posted by gumboot View Post
I remember at the time of 9/11 a lot of people immediately called the official story false because it was such a "complication" operation that required "extensive resources".

I found this patently absurd. All that was required was airline timetables and wrist watches.

Nonetheless, the single thing that bugged me was the number of hijackers. Even in 2001 suicide bombers were extremely rare. I found it highly unlikely they could have rounded up 19 hijackers all willing to die.

But then it became obvious to me. Only the hijacker actually piloting the plane had to know it was a suicide mission. The other hijackers could have genuinely believed it was a regular hijacking mission.

The flight recorder from U93 seems to suggest the hijackers struggled over the control column at the last moments. This seems to reinforce the notion that not all of them knew it was a suicide.

It's really of no surprise... having read Saburo Saki's autobiography "Samurai!" I'm well aware that the Japanese Kamakazi were not all as willing to die as history would have us believe.

Anyway... this, and accounts from workmates of my father working in the middle east with the UN seem to indicate the "willing to die" are as often as not gullible pawns. Something to consider.

-Andrew

(P.S. This is not a claim that any sympathy should be felt for such people at all. But it suggests greater hope of defeating this enemy.)
I am by no stretch qualified to argue which is more likely, but I think having one story for the ringleaders and another story for everyone else would present its own challenges. Perhaps I'm just not giving those who follow the beliefs of Al-Queda enough credit for self-preservation and rationality though, since the corrupted version of their own faith is all the backing they seem to need for their intolerance.

Anyways, since those behind Loose Change seem to be offering more of the same on each round, I'm hopeful that their 15 minutes will be ending soon enough. If the public doesn't lose interest like they did with JZ Knight, the media might eventually say "enough already" and show Gravy's arguments.
HidariMak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 05:45 AM   #146
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by realitybites View Post
If you listen carefully, you can almost hear Dylan stomp up the stairs as he says this followed by the slamming of his bedroom door.

Truly a sad story. Lifetime quality. If not, there's at least some ABC After School Special material in it.

The ABC After School Movie Presents:

They Took My Conspiracy Away

Starring a cast of Loosers.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 07:00 AM   #147
NDBoston
Scholar

Hi everyone:

First of all it's my first post in here. I've been lurking for some time and after a long wait to get activated, here I am.

This is personal for me. I worked for SSB at 7WTC on 9-11. After seeing debris hit our building and taking 45 minutes to get down we had to go out the back of the building because of sooo much debris in front blocking the entrance.

I also lost many friends from Cantor who had just left my company to go over there. To deal with these CT's and their theories drives me insane. Little did I know that I missed the demolition people wiring my building for months and I didn't notice.

I would like to give a link to where Jason Bermas from Loose Change went on the Opie and Anthony show on XM. It's NSFW with the language and they rip the guy apart. Good stuff.

Edit:It looks like I can't post a link for 14 more posts. Just google "Opie and Anthony and Loose Change" to find it. It's worth a download, trust me

Korey Rowe is also scheduled to do talk on Paltalk on June 28th at 8PM EST. For those who don't know Paltalk, it's a chat software with webcam capability. The conspiracy freaks have been hanging out there for a few months.All you need to do is type in 911 in the search function after downloading the software.

Thanks for doing a great job debunking these guys.
NDBoston is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 07:06 AM   #148
dubfan
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by NDBoston View Post
Hi everyone:

First of all it's my first post in here. I've been lurking for some time and after a long wait to get activated, here I am.

This is personal for me. I worked for SSB at 7WTC on 9-11. After seeing debris hit our building and taking 45 minutes to get down we had to go out the back of the building because of sooo much debris in front blocking the entrance.

I also lost many friends from Cantor who had just left my company to go over there. To deal with these CT's and their theories drives me insane. Little did I know that I missed the demolition people wiring my building for months and I didn't notice.

I would like to give a link to where Jason Bermas from Loose Change went on the Opie and Anthony show on XM. It's NSFW with the language and they rip the guy apart. Good stuff.

Edit:It looks like I can't post a link for 14 more posts. Just google "Opie and Anthony and Loose Change" to find it. It's worth a download, trust me

Korey Rowe is also scheduled to do talk on Paltalk on June 28th at 8PM EST. For those who don't know Paltalk, it's a chat software with webcam capability. The conspiracy freaks have been hanging out there for a few months.All you need to do is type in 911 in the search function after downloading the software.

Welcome NDB, and thanks for the heads-up. You can go ahead and post the link if you like, just leave off the leading http: or something.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friends.

"It is useless to attempt to reason a man out of what he was never reasoned into." -- Jonathan Swift
dubfan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 07:07 AM   #149
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher

Hi everyone:

Welcome to the forum NDBoston. Just out of curiosity, how did you find us?

Thanks for the heads up on the inteview coming up on the 28th.

-AW

p.s. Make sure to check out some of our other subforums. Lot's of good discussion here besides 9/11
Arkan_Wolfshade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 07:17 AM   #150
NDBoston
Scholar

I found the board through Screw Loose Change I believe. I'm ready to sink my teeth into some other discussions besides 9/11 too.

The link for ONA and Loose Change minus the www:

.911podcasts.com/files/audio/OpieAnthony20060406_JasonBermas911Segment.mp3
NDBoston is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 07:32 AM   #151
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

I found the board through Screw Loose Change I believe. I'm ready to sink my teeth into some other discussions besides 9/11 too.

Welcome NDBoston. I recall that appearance on Opie and Anthony being posted before, but its good to have a repost of these things. You can tell that Bermas not used to having anything but conspiracy minded suck-ups interview him.

"Are you a member of the Republican Party?!"

Hey Gravy, did any quotes from the O&A hsow make it into the 'LC speaks'?

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 08:02 AM   #152
NDBoston
Scholar

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
Welcome NDBoston. I recall that appearance on Opie and Anthony being posted before, but its good to have a repost of these things. You can tell that Bermas not used to having anything but conspiracy minded suck-ups interview him.

"Are you a member of the Republican Party?!"

Hey Gravy, did any quotes from the O&A hsow make it into the 'LC speaks'?
That's why I posted the link. I didn't see any quotes from that appearance and it seems like there's some "gold" in that appearance.
Old 22nd June 2006, 08:05 AM   #153
Montoya

I loved the bit where the retired police officer calls in...
Montoya is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 08:17 AM   #154
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Welcome, NDBoston, and thanks for sharing some of your story.

kookbreaker, I had forgotten about the Opie and Anthony interview, so, no, it didn't make it in to my piece. Avery's claim that I dredged up every single interview he's done is false. Mostly I just went to the links that are promoted on the "Media" page of the LC forum site. The interview in which Avery says he would laugh in the hijackers' faces is promoted on the main LC site. They can't claim that I had to work to uncover this stuff. They proudly promote it.

Old 22nd June 2006, 09:24 AM   #155
Grundar
Scholar

The link for ONA and Loose Change
http://www.911podcasts.com/files/aud...911Segment.mp3
Link fixed.

Edit: Forgot to add welcome NDBoston

/Hans

Last edited by Grundar; 22nd June 2006 at 09:31 AM.
Grundar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 09:43 AM   #156
CurtC
Illuminator

Let me also add: welcome!

Can you clarify your comments for me? The debris that hit your building, was that when the second plane hit the South Tower? I know debris from that carried to the North in your direction, but I'm not aware of when your building was evacuated. I have always assumed that it was before either tower fell, but I'd like to get a better picture.
CurtC is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 09:54 AM   #157
Pardalis
Banned

Welcome NDBoston!

It's nice to have someone who has actually been there. My sympathies for your friends.

Thanks for the link. How come I missed that one? As Kookbreaker said, it's a good idea to repost some of these links from time to time for the absend-minded people like me who missed them.
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 10:10 AM   #158
RandFan
Mormon Atheist

Originally Posted by Pardalis View Post
Welcome NDBoston!

It's nice to have someone who has actually been there. My sympathies for your friends.

Thanks for the link. How come I missed that one? As Kookbreaker said, it's a good idea to repost some of these links from time to time for the absend-minded people like me who missed them.
It is gold. From a critical thinking standpoint the interview fails. I would otherwise not like it except that Avery is such an ass and he deserves this kind of treatment since he is clearly a wacko with zero evidence and the whole "I'm only asking questions" is so transparent and stupid. He deserves to be mocked. Many of his accusations really don't even merit a response. When he accuses a father who has lost his son of murdering that child and he has NO evidence and he then sets out to hound that father then he deserves all he gets.

The guy is a world class, grade A prick.

ETA: Welcome NDBoston.
Old 22nd June 2006, 10:27 AM   #159
Pardalis
Banned

Originally Posted by RandFan View Post
The guy is a world class, grade A prick.
He even looks like one.

Where I come from, we call them "face à fesser dedans".

Belz, translation please?
Pardalis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 10:38 AM   #160
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

The link for ONA and Loose Change:

www.911podcasts.com/files/audio/OpieAnthony20060406_JasonBermas911Segment.mp3
Welcome, NDB!

Thanks for that link. My feeling about it is similar to RandFan's. I usually hate this kind of overly confrontational, insulting interview, but this one was exceptionally satisfying--I may have to listen to it again. They missed a few opportunities to eviscerate Rowe's statements, resorting to ad hominem instead, but they nailed him to the wall enough that the idiocy of his position was transparent. The best parts were when they challenged him about how the wiring of WTC could have been pulled off and when the NYPD guy called in about WTC7.
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories