ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags part 3 , loose change , 911 conspiracy theory

Closed Thread
Old 22nd June 2006, 06:41 AM   #321
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by Sentinel View Post
Why do you keep posting their crap, giving them constant commercial air time ?

This is clearly a dis-imfo op and you're giving them Commercial Air time.

Its all very clear now.

Sentinel
You need to upgrade to JREF 2006.3. It's commercial-free!

What's the Harm?........Stop Sylvia Browne........My 9/11 links
Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 06:47 AM   #322
Bronze Dog
Copper Alloy Canid

One thing I find funny is that CTers always seem to think that governments are monolithic entities. We have two major political parties full of internal conflicts, politicians complaining about other politicians receiving $20 gifts, multiple organizations all fighting for funding, etcetera, and yet, somehow they all come together and agree that killing nearly 3,000 people and covering it up with a Goldbergian conspiracy is an effective way to... what was it they were supposed to be up to, again?

Warning: Beware of contaminated water supplies! Suspected source of contamination: Sarah-I

A non-Rockstar Rambler and dissector of Doggerel
Bronze Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 06:47 AM   #323
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
You need to upgrade to JREF 2006.3. It's commercial-free!
I've also had good luck with JREF Satellite radio.
Arkan_Wolfshade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 06:52 AM   #324
MarkyX
Master Poster

[quote=Gravy;1719535]
Originally Posted by Class View Post
Gravy, I have to be honest. DJLegacy utterly destroyed your Viewers Guide to Loose Change with his debunk. All of your "information" is debunked with hard-hitting facts that are not backed up by any sources (but I am sure he used some). He shows that you were completely wrong with rebuttals such as

Well, at least someone gave it the old college try. He just went to a bad college. I don't think that was DJLegacy, though, or did I miss something? Interesting that he doesn't think that the conclusions of experts who were involved in the 9/11 investigation should be given more weight than the opinions of non-experts who were not involved.

He doesn't seem to understand the context of several of my statements. The last quote above is a good example. I was referring to the insurance company, not to Larry Silverstein.

That reply was similar to the emails I get from CTs who aren't Loosers. "Yes, Loose Change is a piece of crap and bravo to you for proving it. But why do you neglect to say that flight 93 was shot down?"
Don't worry, I got your back on this idiot

Still need feedback, because I want to post it on the main site.
Old 22nd June 2006, 06:59 AM   #325
Apollyon
Muse

Originally Posted by BronzeDog View Post
One thing I find funny is that CTers always seem to think that governments are monolithic entities. We have two major political parties full of internal conflicts, politicians complaining about other politicians receiving $20 gifts, multiple organizations all fighting for funding, etcetera, and yet, somehow they all come together and agree that killing nearly 3,000 people and covering it up with a Goldbergian conspiracy is an effective way to... what was it they were supposed to be up to, again?
Bah. That two-party stuff is just there to throw everyone off the trail.

Rove, Cheney, Kerry, and Pelosi are probably in the vast underground complex of Bohemian Grove right now clinking together lead crystal glasses full of baby's blood and laughing uproariously at their duping of the sheeple.
Apollyon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 07:09 AM   #326
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by XXX View Post
Anybody read this yet? It's from an article called "Professors of Paranoia? Academics give a scholarly stamp to 9/11 conspiracy theories" By JOHN GRAVOIS -- Chicago -- Chronicle of Higher Education -- June 23, 2006
http://chronicle.com
Good article. Thanks for the link. I love the fact that Fetzer has never seen 911myths.com, but he thinks it must be disinfo.

Gravy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 07:26 AM   #327
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by MarkyX View Post
Debunking the Debunker.

Need feedback.

http://lol.chroniclesofgaras.com/deb...e_debunker.htm
Good job. He really makes some wild assumptions and doesn't present supporting evidence. I get a big kick out of this comment:
Quote:
Gravy: "What the various explosions reported would have to do with CD, I don’t know."

Debunker: "Controlled demolition usually involves bombs. I don't find the reports of bombs exploding at the time of jetliner impact to be convincing, either, but it is this section that you really work at being stupid."

Old 22nd June 2006, 07:35 AM   #328
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher

Good article. Thanks for the link. I love the fact that Fetzer has never seen 911myths.com, but he thinks it must be disinfo.
Yeah, no observational/confirmation bias going on there.
Arkan_Wolfshade is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 07:55 AM   #329
JamesB
Master Poster

LOL You gotta love the intro.

Quote:
LC2E is far too speculative. I greatly dislike the style in which it casts suspicion on the passangers of the flights, or at least on the fact that they ever made phone calls. I think that its heavy emphasis on the Pentagon strike is most unfortunate. (For the record, I believe that all four flights, AA11, UA175, UA93 and almost certainly AA77 as well, were involved in the attacks, including impacts.) I do not contest the grievous factual errors in the third of the film that deals with the Pentagon, especially the following:

"the impact hole was 16 feet wide"
"9ft of concrete had to be penetrated"
"an A3 SkyWarrior hit the Pentagon"
"no or very little wreckage was found"
"blue tarp covered evidence"
"markings on grass could have been attack guidance"
And even in the text he concedes other things wrong with the movie. OK, other than this really long list of things factually incorrect in the movie... there is nothing wrong with it.
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 08:04 AM   #330
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JamesB View Post
LOL You gotta love the intro.

And even in the text he concedes other things wrong with the movie. OK, other than this really long list of things factually incorrect in the movie... there is nothing wrong with it.
[hippy voice|Dennis Hopper]
You gotta understand, maan! We're just asking questions, maaaan. The movie is supposed to make you think, maaan. It doesn't need to be right, as long as it gets you to ask questions, maaan.
[/hippy voice|Dennis Hopper]
Old 22nd June 2006, 08:09 AM   #331
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Gravy: "What the various explosions reported would have to do with CD, I don’t know."

Debunker: "Controlled demolition usually involves bombs. I don't find the reports of bombs exploding at the time of jetliner impact to be convincing, either, but it is this section that you really work at being stupid."
Actually, the criticism here is not really that far-fetched, and I suspect it is an issue of brevity. If you don't know what explosions have to do with CD, then you are being stupid. Of course, that's not what you mean, here, but in the quote, it comes off that way.

Yeah, it's trivial to dismiss the explosions as having any meaning at all, but it is not done out of hand, and takes some explaining. It's a common problem in these types of things. It's easy to throw out a bunch of random comments that seem significant, but the refutation of each is a long process.

In this case, I think the better approach is to not question the relationship between explosions and CD, but to focus on establishing the relationship between explosions and non-CD. If you want to be blunt, something like "Are they suggesting that explosions would not occur during the falling of the building without CD? " and then go on to explain all the possibilities.
Old 22nd June 2006, 08:13 AM   #332
JamesB
Master Poster

Wow, the Loosers are cocky for people completely without substance.

Quote:
Dylan, this is exactly the type of response that could be avoided if you'd just face Roberts squarely. Those of us who are already familiar with what you're about know this hit-piece is a joke, but people who aren't look at this thing as though it brings up legitimate concerns, and then they look back to you to see how you respond, and when you respond with it's not worth your time, it makes the concerns seem all the more legitimate.

agree with broadlinger that you're not responsible for leading others to the truth, and whatever you do is your own choice and people can take it or leave it, but for your own sake and for your reputation within and outside of the Truth Movement I think you should sit down with Jason and Korey and pore over Roberts' documents and get intimately familiar with them and figure out how you're going to respond because you're going to hear it echoed more and more everywhere you go because these things are spreading far and wide and the skeptics are getting more and more vocal and visible.
http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...pic=6602&st=90
JamesB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 08:32 AM   #333
chipmunk stew
Philosopher

Speaking of lacking substance, check out this thread of irony about Steven Jones' surprising revelation that he has acquiring a physical sample from WTC that, according to his analysis, shows clear evidence of Thermate:
http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...showtopic=6763

A sampling:
Quote:
Good scientists are always cautious. Thats why they make bad politicians.
Quote:
I've listened to interviews with him and I got the impression that he considered it preliminary because he was waiting for peer review of his results.
Quote:
Highlights the difference between NIST "scientists" and a real scientist.
chipmunk stew is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 08:39 AM   #334
JamesB
Master Poster

Huh? Weren't they just complaining that the NIST reports are taking so long? All those trained experts in structural engineers and fire safety just don't know what they are doing I guess.
Old 22nd June 2006, 08:47 AM   #335
Gravy
Downsitting Citizen

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
In this case, I think the better approach is to not question the relationship between explosions and CD, but to focus on establishing the relationship between explosions and non-CD. If you want to be blunt, something like "Are they suggesting that explosions would not occur during the falling of the building without CD? " and then go on to explain all the possibilities.
Yes, I had done that, and the debunker didn't take that into account. In the quote above I was talking about the issue of random explosions being heard over a period of an hour: what could they have to do with CD?

What struck me about his reply is his assertion that bombs are used in CD work.

Old 22nd June 2006, 09:07 AM   #336
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by someone who tried to debunk gravy View Post
Unbeliavable. Hello, insurance fraud?
Ah, yes. I can see it from here.

Insurance company president: "HAHAHAHAHA!! once the twin towers is gone, we'll get all the money!!"
Employee: "Sir, won't WE have to pay for that ?"
Insurance company president: "Mouahahahahahah!!"

Or, simply put:

Step 1 : Destruction of the WTC
Step 2 : ?
Step 3 : Profit.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 09:08 AM   #337
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Apollyon View Post
Bah. That two-party stuff is just there to throw everyone off the trail.

Rove, Cheney, Kerry, and Pelosi are probably in the vast underground complex of Bohemian Grove right now clinking together lead crystal glasses full of baby's blood and laughing uproariously at their duping of the sheeple.
Nice try, but no. I'd know about that.

Belz... is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 09:10 AM   #338
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Arkan_Wolfshade View Post
[hippy voice|Dennis Hopper]
You gotta understand, maan! We're just asking questions, maaaan. The movie is supposed to make you think, maaan. It doesn't need to be right, as long as it gets you to ask questions, maaan.
[/hippy voice|Dennis Hopper]
Alternatively, replace Dennis Hopper with Dylan Avery and change the "maaan"'s by "I mean"s.

Old 22nd June 2006, 09:10 AM   #339
Bronze Dog
Copper Alloy Canid

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Or, simply put:

Warning: Beware of contaminated water supplies! Suspected source of contamination: Sarah-I

A non-Rockstar Rambler and dissector of Doggerel
Bronze Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 09:11 AM   #340
Belz...
Fiend God

"agree with broadlinger that you're not responsible for leading others to the truth"
Notice how they phrase things like religious nuts: "leading others to the truth".

Old 22nd June 2006, 09:12 AM   #341
JamesB
Master Poster

Wasn't that a Sprint commercial?

It is my own little way of sticking it to "the man".

But sir, you are "the man".

Maybe...
Old 22nd June 2006, 09:14 AM   #342
JamesB
Master Poster

They are religious nuts, they have their saints, their miracles, their statements of faith, even their schisms.
Old 22nd June 2006, 09:24 AM   #343
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by chipmunk stew View Post
Speaking of lacking substance, check out this thread of irony about Steven Jones' surprising revelation that he has acquiring a physical sample from WTC that, according to his analysis, shows clear evidence of Thermate:
http://s15.invisionfree.com/Loose_Ch...showtopic=6763

A sampling:

Yeah, I asked this elsewhere, but since when is chromium such a large compund of structural steel? I thought that was the compound that makes steel shiny and rustproof, a feature not required by structural steel. I was under the impression that the major compound in structrual steel is Manganese.

Am I wrong here?

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 11:52 AM   #344
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

They are religious nuts, they have their saints, their miracles, their statements of faith, even their schisms.
It's funny but I was thinking that maybe the way to make money off this is to form the Church of Conspiratology, with varying levels and seminars/books/films to advance oneself to the next level. Lower levels get bigfoot, UFOs and cattle mutilation, mid-levels get the Kennedy conspiracy, black box voting, and the moonwalk, while only the upper levels can discuss 9-11, OKC, and PNAC.

Along the way we always stress the mantra, "Everything you know is wrong", and when the suckers reach the highest level (CT-Clear) (and we can't wring any more seminar fees from them) we tell them "Everything we taught you is wrong".
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 12:00 PM   #345
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
Yeah, I asked this elsewhere, but since when is chromium such a large compund of structural steel? I thought that was the compound that makes steel shiny and rustproof, a feature not required by structural steel. I was under the impression that the major compound in structrual steel is Manganese.

Am I wrong here?
Maybe he's referring to the structural steel that is part of the exterior?
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 12:20 PM   #346
Pidge
Thinker

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Or, simply put:

Been reading too much Slashdot, have we?
Old 22nd June 2006, 12:21 PM   #347
Sentinel
Banned

Omg !!

5/23/2006 12:08PM

Dylan Avery said....

"No finnman, I am not an anti-semite. I am not a racist by any means. I happen to think white people are one of the most dangerous races out there, though."

I swear I've seen this episode (Crazy white People) on NG.

Sentinel
Sentinel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 12:22 PM   #348
JamesB
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
It's funny but I was thinking that maybe the way to make money off this is to form the Church of Conspiratology, with varying levels and seminars/books/films to advance oneself to the next level. D

I'll go in with you 50-50. I knew getting an MBA would pay off!

Hell, Dylan and Co. claim to have sold 50,000 copies. At $17.95 a pop, that definitely beats their previous jobs at Pizza Hut.
Old 22nd June 2006, 12:22 PM   #349
Sentinel
Banned

On a side note:

Anyone catch Frontline last night ?
"The Darkside of Cheney"

Sentinel
Sentinel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 12:23 PM   #350
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
Maybe he's referring to the structural steel that is part of the exterior?
Wasn't that Aluminum?

And how would he determine if his sample was from the exterior? As it is he cannot even establish that this piece is from the WTC!

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 12:25 PM   #351
Sentinel
Banned

Alluminum Alloy ?

Thats the reason why they shined when the towers were first built. The exterior wals were coated with it.

Sentinel
Old 22nd June 2006, 12:28 PM   #352
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher

On a side note:

Anyone catch Frontline last night ?
"The Darkside of Cheney"

Sentinel
'fraid not. Synopsis?
Old 22nd June 2006, 12:38 PM   #353
Sentinel
Banned

Frontline Darkside of Cheney

It was quite a dose.

They went through the 9-11 event stating there was a belief that there were 6 hijackings and that the government believed they shot down two flights including 93. the other flight was not IDd.

The fact that cheney was not evacuated till after the second tower was hit raises redflag,though. because he stated on "meet the press" that the SS was in communication with the FAA after the first tower was struck. Then during the Manetta testemony He was giving orders from the PEOC when 77 was inbound to the pentagon. there was manetta stating that a thied person came in with the inbound report and was asking if the "orders" still stood? At which time it was reported that Cheney turned to the person stating that the "order" still stood and "did person hear him say otherwise" in a nasty tone.

I made a copy of it (frontline) and will be selling through third party for $17.95

Take care

Sentinel
Old 22nd June 2006, 12:40 PM   #354
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher

It was quite a dose.

They went through the 9-11 event stating there was a belief that there were 6 hijackings and that the government believed they shot down two flights including 93. the other flight was not IDd.

The fact that cheney was not evacuated till after the second tower was hit raises redflag,though. because he stated on "meet the press" that the SS was in communication with the FAA after the first tower was struck. Then during the Manetta testemony He was giving orders from the PEOC when 77 was inbound to the pentagon. there was manetta stating that a thied person came in with the inbound report and was asking if the "orders" still stood? At which time it was reported that Cheney turned to the person stating that the "order" still stood and "did person hear him say otherwise" in a nasty tone.

I made a copy of it (frontline) and will be selling through third party for $17.95

Take care

Sentinel

Saving for posterity, since this appears to be a claim of plans to commit copyright infringment.
Old 22nd June 2006, 12:45 PM   #355
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
Wasn't that Aluminum?

And how would he determine if his sample was from the exterior? As it is he cannot even establish that this piece is from the WTC!
Not sure; the specs for the WTC structural steel mention "A-441 with CR and increased CU" (Chromium and Copper), and the only mention of Aluminum is in a company name, so unless the Aluminum was an exterior cladding over the steel columns...
Old 22nd June 2006, 12:49 PM   #356
60hzxtl
Muse

Originally Posted by Arkan_Wolfshade View Post
Saving for posterity, since this appears to be a claim of plans to commit copyright infringment.

And now that you know about it - it's a conspiracy.
60hzxtl is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 01:08 PM   #357
Sentinel
Banned

Lol
Old 22nd June 2006, 01:13 PM   #358
Sentinel
Banned

Yeah, I have this nice Madison ave gig and we're going to sell 50.000 copies with no IRS inquiery.

We're going to exploit the crap out of it till people become deconditioned to the whole event and don't give a crap about it anymore.

Thats the program that LC and other in the So-called movement run on. Its called the de-con operation. So much disimformation is being posted by these people that many of us that are actually investigating 9-11 are becoming disinchanted with it. Its like after Kennedy assassination when everyone wanted to get to the truth and there was cointel putting out the BS.

Here comes the new BS, same as the Old BS.

Be safe, stock provisions

Sentinel
Old 22nd June 2006, 01:16 PM   #359
Overman
Master Poster

I drop in every so often on these loose change forums....

FYI you CTer's.....I don't think anyone here believes something just because the government told them....Everyone here presents logical arguements, reasoning, and critical thinking that leads them to conclusions. You guys should try it!

I really can't believe all of you even respond to these crazies anymore...I think anyone that is 'brave' enough to come in here making claims is not the kind of person who is seeking facts, or willing to change their opinion.....I figure it for a waste of my time, and I figure them for a waste of space.

Nonetheless I once again compliement you all for your work here and patience....thank you for being our mental garbage men.

Matt
Overman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd June 2006, 01:47 PM   #360
Arkan_Wolfshade
Philosopher

Yeah, I have this nice Madison ave gig and we're going to sell 50.000 copies with no IRS inquiery.

We're going to exploit the crap out of it till people become deconditioned to the whole event and don't give a crap about it anymore.

Thats the program that LC and other in the So-called movement run on. Its called the de-con operation. So much disimformation is being posted by these people that many of us that are actually investigating 9-11 are becoming disinchanted with it. Its like after Kennedy assassination when everyone wanted to get to the truth and there was cointel putting out the BS.

Here comes the new BS, same as the Old BS.

Be safe, stock provisions

Sentinel

More archiving, nothing to see here.
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories