ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Brilliant Light Power , free energy , Randell Mills

Old 1st June 2019, 06:38 AM   #441
Pope130
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
I've been under the impression for a few months that it's winding down. Mills can bow out, blaming various outside factors for his failure, and others can carry on his work leaving true believers the excuse that only Mills was visionary enough to actually achieve something with the totally legitimate science, so of course everybody else has failed.
I think you are right. In a few years Mills followers will be like the Tesla fanatics, who believe that a great genius, working for the benefit of mankind, and his greatest invention was suppressed by the big energy companies/government/NAZIs/aliens. They'll be moaning about how much better the world would be if only we had hydrino power plants.

The difference being that Tesla actually was a genius, who did create inventions that benefitted mankind, and was fought by a big energy company. (And then lost his mind.) Where Mills is just a talented pitchman, who's running out of marks.
Pope130 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st June 2019, 06:57 PM   #442
Hans
Philosopher

I've been under the impression for a few months that it's winding down. Mills can bow out, blaming various outside factors for his failure, and others can carry on his work leaving true believers the excuse that only Mills was visionary enough to actually achieve something with the totally legitimate science, so of course everybody else has failed.
That sounds plausible - a rare word to use when dealing with Mills!
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2019, 07:53 AM   #443
HappySkeptic99
Scholar

Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
I think that's going to depend heavily on how well he can manage the current investors. The efforts to get BLP shares listed on a secondary market may just be a distraction to keep some of his more frustrated investors sated for the moment.

BLP has also announced it's working on reducing its cash burn rate. Mills may be trying to find an exit strategy for retiring.
Reducing the cash burn means they don't see the likelihood of another round of investment soon. As an investor, it would be a worrying sign. It means there are no more "greater fools" to buy shares, and, should the company not be a scam, less work is being done on producing a real product.

There is no chance BLP will get into the secondary market. That would cause too much exposure outside of the "true believer" shareholders they have now (who are getting skittery). They would be sued or investigated very quickly.

I think BLP is finished when their cash runs out. It would be smart for Mills to get out, and then blame failure on those who took over from him. However, I think Mills is in this for the adulation of those who think him a genius. He might be crazy enough to stick around for when the stuff hits the fan.

Last edited by HappySkeptic99; 5th June 2019 at 08:51 AM.
HappySkeptic99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2019, 05:30 PM   #444
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by HappySkeptic99 View Post
Reducing the cash burn means they don't see the likelihood of another round of investment soon. As an investor, it would be a worrying sign. It means there are no more "greater fools" to buy shares, and, should the company not be a scam, less work is being done on producing a real product.

There is no chance BLP will get into the secondary market. That would cause too much exposure outside of the "true believer" shareholders they have now (who are getting skittery). They would be sued or investigated very quickly.

I think BLP is finished when their cash runs out. It would be smart for Mills to get out, and then blame failure on those who took over from him. However, I think Mills is in this for the adulation of those who think him a genius. He might be crazy enough to stick around for when the stuff hits the fan.
Lets see what they do abandon ship or try one more scam cycle....
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2019, 02:53 AM   #445
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by HappySkeptic99 View Post
However, I think Mills is in this for the adulation of those who think him a genius. He might be crazy enough to stick around for when the stuff hits the fan.
If he is, then he'll still get that after he leaves. He'll be the tortured genius who fought bravely against the oppression of Big Oil, but just couldn't quite overcome it in the end. But if he was still working on it you could bet that he'd have had working generators out by now, for sure, unlike those clowns who took over from him.
Old 9th June 2019, 02:54 AM   #446
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Anyway, new announcement of purported results
Old 9th June 2019, 10:54 AM   #447
jrhowell
Muse

Yup, either this is the breakthrough that proves the existence of hydrinos or Mills canít figure out how to use a chromatograph correctly. I know which choice seems more likely to me.

If they truly believed that they have real proof of hydrinos then they would send samples out to independent researchers for verification. I await those announcements.
jrhowell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2019, 01:21 PM   #448
HappySkeptic99
Scholar

Originally Posted by jrhowell View Post
Yup, either this is the breakthrough that proves the existence of hydrinos or Mills can’t figure out how to use a chromatograph correctly. I know which choice seems more likely to me.

If they truly believed that they have real proof of hydrinos then they would send samples out to independent researchers for verification. I await those announcements.
I've never used a gas chromoatograph, but the graphs are bizarre. The H2 is a diffuse peak, but "hydrinos" show a sharp positive and negative peak?

This looks more like a detector changing it's gain during the H2 measurement.

But, I follow evidence, so I would be happy to be proven wrong by those independent investigators. I wonder why there aren't any?

Edit: It sounds like inversion peaks are extremely common with Hydrogen, creating a W or M shape (this one is an M). The conductivity is non-linear with concentration, and depends on carrier gas. Often, inversion peaks are caused by other problems in the experiment. It doesn't sound like BLP has a 'smoking gun' for hydrinos, even if I were to believe they knew what they are doing, or haven't created a fraudulent result.

Last edited by HappySkeptic99; 10th June 2019 at 02:21 PM.
HappySkeptic99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2019, 01:27 PM   #449
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Schrodinger's hydrino. Its both positive and negative. It's there when Mills needs investors, but not there when others look for it. It both is and isn't easy to form into compounds, depending on who's trying to form them. It's simultaneously at 8000 degrees Fahrenheit and 0 degrees Kelvin.
Old 10th June 2019, 02:58 PM   #450
Blue Mountain
Resident Skeptical Hobbit

Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
Schrodinger's hydrino. Its both positive and negative. It's there when Mills needs investors, but not there when others look for it. It both is and isn't easy to form into compounds, depending on who's trying to form them. It's simultaneously at 8000 degrees Fahrenheit and 0 degrees Kelvin.
It's also both dark matter and reactive.
The social illusion reigns to-day upon all the heaped-up ruins of the past, and to it belongs the future. The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Gustav Le Bon, The Crowd, 1895 (from the French)
Canadian or living in Canada? PM me if you want an entry on the list of Canadians on the forum.
Blue Mountain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2019, 03:32 PM   #451
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

I really have to wonder what the mood is at BLP. At the start of 2018 they announced a goal of proving to the world that hydrinos existed. They said doing so was essential to establishing the value of the company. Simultaneous with setting that goal they were also claiming to have product hydrino in a bottle confirmed by multiple techniques and they were showing photographs of what they claimed to be novel hydrino compounds. Yet they failed to meet that goal. One wonders how you can excuse that. If what they were claiming was true why did they even set it as a goal to be accomplished in 2018? Why didn't they just do it the day before they set the goal?

And that's not long after that the 2016 debacle where they announced they were shipping units to a third party for commercialization but then turned out they weren't.

The days where the excuse that Mills too optimistic about setting future goals was plausible are long gone now. These guys are now failing to do things they claim they've already done.

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th June 2019, 12:22 AM   #452
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
The days where the excuse that Mills too optimistic about setting future goals was plausible are long gone now.
If only. It's a cross between that, that he has had to exaggerate because he's operating in a competitive market (although he is no longer exaggerating, of course), and that he's been oppressed and suppressed by Big Oil shills.

Quote:
These guys are now failing to do things they claim they've already done.
'twas ever thus. He claimed to have working units ready for mass-production in the 90s. It's a cycle.
Old 15th June 2019, 05:16 PM   #453
Hans
Philosopher

Well just checking by to see what Mills might have stated today?

or is he in hiding?
Old 15th June 2019, 08:30 PM   #454
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

'twas ever thus. He claimed to have working units ready for mass-production in the 90s. It's a cycle.
Do you have a cite for that?

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2019, 08:49 PM   #455
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

https://web.archive.org/web/19981203....com/apps.html

Sheesh.

From the citation...
Quote:
An evolving series of laboratory scale devices demonstrating means of extracting the energy and identification of the anticipated minimal and benign byproducts have been operated at BLP and at independent laboratories since 1990.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2019, 08:50 PM   #456
Red Baron Farms
Illuminator

It's been cited on this thread.
"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system." Bill Mollison
Biome Carbon Cycle Management
Red Baron Farms is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2019, 08:53 PM   #457
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Could you reread and perhaps re-cite?

Old 15th June 2019, 08:55 PM   #458
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Red Baron Farms View Post
It's been cited on this thread.
Could be. Can you provide the cite? This thread and it's progenitors are a ton of posts now.

Old 15th June 2019, 08:58 PM   #459
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Could you reread and perhaps re-cite?
Why? What part of "generators working since 1990" is ambiguous to you?

abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2019, 09:10 PM   #460
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

Why? What part of "generators working since 1990" is ambiguous to you?
I don't know. I don't see that phrase used recently.

Can you just answer my question please?

Old 15th June 2019, 09:12 PM   #461
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

I don't know. I don't see that phrase used recently.

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...tons/quote.gif
Can you just answer my question please?
It's in the citation that you asked for and I provided for you. Did you not read it?

Old 15th June 2019, 09:16 PM   #462
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

It's in the citation that you asked for and I provided for you. Did you not read it?
I did read it, and searched it programmatically, I'm afraid I don't see it. Could you just quote it for me?

Old 15th June 2019, 09:22 PM   #463
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

I did read it, and searched it programmatically, I'm afraid I don't see it. Could you just quote it for me?
No. I am not going to indulge your unwillingness to read any further.

ETA: And FFS I did quote it already but you skimmed over that too apparently.

Last edited by abaddon; 15th June 2019 at 09:24 PM.
Old 15th June 2019, 09:24 PM   #464
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

No. I am not going to indulge your unwillingness to read any further.
I did read.

Old 15th June 2019, 09:29 PM   #465
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

ETA: And FFS I did quote it already but you skimmed over that too apparently.
Just saw your ETA. Your quote indicates you don't understand the conversation. I'm asking for a cite to Mills claiming commericial ready devices ready to ship in the 1990s.

Last edited by RecoveringYuppy; 15th June 2019 at 09:31 PM.
Old 15th June 2019, 09:31 PM   #466
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Just saw your ETA. Your quote indicates you don't understand the conversation. I'm asking for a cite to Mills claiming devices ready to ship in the 1990s.
Nobody made that claim. Even today Mills does not make that claim. Do you commonly just make stuff up?

Old 15th June 2019, 09:33 PM   #467
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

Nobody made that claim. Even today Mills does not make that claim. Do you commonly just make stuff up?
Mills made that claim in 2016.

And if you thought I was asking for proof of the wrong claim you should have said I was asking for proof of the wrong claim rather than saying you already provided proof of the wrong claim.

Last edited by RecoveringYuppy; 15th June 2019 at 09:36 PM.
Old 15th June 2019, 09:39 PM   #468
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

If, as Mills claims, he has working models in various labs working since 1990, how did those get to those labs? Were they teleported or did he SHIP them there?

Old 15th June 2019, 09:41 PM   #469
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

If, as Mills claims, he has working models in various labs working since 1990, how did those get to those labs? Were they teleported or did he SHIP them there?
You need to reread the thread while sober.

Old 15th June 2019, 09:49 PM   #470
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Mills made that claim in 2016.

And if you thought I was asking for proof of the wrong claim you should have said I was asking for proof of the wrong claim rather than saying you already provided proof of the wrong claim.
Mills does not claim to have a queue of production generators all assembled and packaged waiting to go out the door to willing customers. He can't. It would be too obvious.

And read your last sentence. It is entirely messed up. It is an incoherent pile of double negatives that I am unwilling to even attempt to parse.

If you are going to post, at least try for the goal of clarity.

Old 16th June 2019, 07:10 AM   #471
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

FFS
Mills does not claim to have a queue of production generators all assembled and packaged waiting to go out the door to willing customers. He can't. It would be too obvious.
He has been that obvious at least three times including two in progress right now. Squeegee may know of similar claims from 90s. Let me quote my claims:

I really have to wonder what the mood is at BLP. At the start of 2018 they announced a goal of proving to the world that hydrinos existed. They said doing so was essential to establishing the value of the company. Simultaneous with setting that goal they were also claiming to have product hydrino in a bottle confirmed by multiple techniques and they were showing photographs of what they claimed to be novel hydrino compounds. Yet they failed to meet that goal. One wonders how you can excuse that. If what they were claiming was true why did they even set it as a goal to be accomplished in 2018? Why didn't they just do it the day before they set the goal?

And that's not long after that the 2016 debacle where they announced they were shipping units to a third party for commercialization but then turned out they weren't.

The days where the excuse that Mills too optimistic about setting future goals was plausible are long gone now. These guys are now failing to do things they claim they've already done.
I am pointing out that Mills supporters can't use the excuse that Mills is simply bad about predicting future progress. There are at least 3 instances of him saying something is done now, going to be shown to the public, and then failing to be shown.

The two relevant points are 1) Claiming to want to do something publicly, 2) Simultaneously claiming to be able to do it right now, not in the future.

How he got them there is TOTALLY NOT THE ISSUE. Those examples would be relevant to my point only if they were going to be revealed to the public. Were they? I suspect not. I suspect those are probably instances where Mills supporters use the "they were under NDA" excuse.

Back to my point:
You're wrong. He is being this obvious right as we speak and ever since the first quarter report they issued in 2018. He claims to have "product hydrino in a bottle". No reports from buyers. No reports of income from sales. He also claims and includes photographs of "novel hydrino compounds". Actual existing stuff is his claim. He also claims that he wants, he actually says it's necessary to prove the value of BLP, to show this stuff to the world. Yet he hasn't.

And he did claim to have working units actually going out the door, not waiting to, going, to a partner in 2016.

He is being that obvious.

Last edited by RecoveringYuppy; 16th June 2019 at 08:17 AM.
Old 16th June 2019, 08:48 AM   #472
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

Here are some links if anyone wants to refresh themselves about the 2016 BLP outsourcing debacle I referred to in prior posts.

The middle of a conversation about it here on this forum in a prior thread:
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...postcount=1903
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...php?p=12436253 (This link might work better if you have standard page size)

One of the quotes that they repeated for nearly a year describing activities they claimed were ongoing at the time. Note from the conversation at the link above that there is no dispute from people like markie that Columbia Tech got something and couldn't make it work.

Quote:
"The SunCell commercialization engineering mature enough to be outsourced to Columbia Tech, Boston MA. Equipment is being fabricated, procured, shipped"
That quote can be found at the links below and other places.

https://www.brilliantlightpower.com/...y-2020-web.pdf

http://businessdocbox.com/Green_Solu...ght-power.html

Last edited by RecoveringYuppy; 16th June 2019 at 08:53 AM.
Old 16th June 2019, 09:55 AM   #473
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

FFS

He has been that obvious at least three times including two in progress right now. Squeegee may know of similar claims from 90s. Let me quote my claims:

I am pointing out that Mills supporters can't use the excuse that Mills is simply bad about predicting future progress. There are at least 3 instances of him saying something is done now, going to be shown to the public, and then failing to be shown.

The two relevant points are 1) Claiming to want to do something publicly, 2) Simultaneously claiming to be able to do it right now, not in the future.

How he got them there is TOTALLY NOT THE ISSUE. Those examples would be relevant to my point only if they were going to be revealed to the public. Were they? I suspect not. I suspect those are probably instances where Mills supporters use the "they were under NDA" excuse.

Back to my point:

You're wrong. He is being this obvious right as we speak and ever since the first quarter report they issued in 2018. He claims to have "product hydrino in a bottle". No reports from buyers. No reports of income from sales. He also claims and includes photographs of "novel hydrino compounds". Actual existing stuff is his claim. He also claims that he wants, he actually says it's necessary to prove the value of BLP, to show this stuff to the world. Yet he hasn't.

And he did claim to have working units actually going out the door, not waiting to, going, to a partner in 2016.

He is being that obvious.
Good grief. You asked for a citation to working devices from the 1990's. I gave you one. I even quoted from it.

We both agree that it is a scam so now you are, for reasons unfathomable, kibbitzing about the exact precise mechanism of the scam.

Feel free to indulge such outright speculation, but include me out. It's pointless.

Old 16th June 2019, 10:10 AM   #474
Beerina
Sarcastic Conqueror of Notions

Buhhhhhhhhhh.....huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh!

Sorry, I was holding my breath until the release but couldn't any more.

The government should nationalize it! Socialized, single-payer video game development and sales now! More, cheaper, better games, right? Right?
Beerina is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th June 2019, 10:11 AM   #475
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

We both agree that it is a scam so now you are, for reasons unfathomable, kibbitzing about the exact precise mechanism of the scam.

Feel free to indulge such outright speculation, but include me out. It's pointless.
For the benefit of others, especially the two people who might have examples of what I am looking for, I am looking for particularly blatant examples of Mills being wrong that, in particular, avoid two common excuses from his supporters.

1. Not a promise for something in the future, a claim to have already done something. No excuse that he just got the time required wrong.

2. An expressed desire to make it public. Undercuts the NDA or IP excuses.

There are currently three examples of him doing that, including the one you described as being too obvious for him to have done.

Good grief. You asked for a citation to working devices from the 1990's. I gave you one. I even quoted from it.
No I didn't ask for working devices from the 1990s. I asked for what Squeegee said he had. Not lab devices, claims of mass production ready devices. I'm interested in examples like that.

Last edited by RecoveringYuppy; 16th June 2019 at 10:31 AM.
Old 16th June 2019, 10:32 AM   #476
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

For the benefit of others, especially the two people who might have examples of what I am looking for, I am looking for particularly blatant examples of Mills being wrong that, in particular, avoid two common excuses from his supporters.

1. Not a promise for something in the future, a claim to have already done something. No excuse that he just got the time required wrong.

I gave you a link to the wayback machine which has most of the wild claims recorded on there. Now you are demanding that I read it to you? Really? Are you that lazy that you require that I have to click your mouse? Really?

There are currently three examples of him doing that, including the one you described as being too obvious for him to have done.
Sure. And? You somehow need more examples of fraud?

No I didn't ask for working devices from the 1990s. I asked for what Squeegee said he had. Not lab devices, mass production ready devices. I'm interested in examples like that.
Point and click. If you are unwilling to do so then that is your issue, not mine.

Old 16th June 2019, 11:03 AM   #477
Red Baron Farms
Illuminator

No I didn't ask for working devices from the 1990s. I asked for what Squeegee said he had. Not lab devices, claims of mass production ready devices. I'm interested in examples like that.
Markie gave us a link about how Mills had used cryogenic distillation to isolate dihydrino in cold liquid form. Even had a patent on the process too!

But of course that was a complete lie. It is a clear example of blatant fraud that can't be weasel worded out of like most the rest of his scam.

Ultimately Markie had to try and say Mills after making all that effort to produce and then distill dihydrino, just threw the samples away.
"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system." Bill Mollison
Biome Carbon Cycle Management
Red Baron Farms is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th June 2019, 11:19 AM   #478
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Red Baron Farms View Post
Markie gave us a link about how Mills had used cryogenic distillation to isolate dihydrino in cold liquid form. Even had a patent on the process too!

But of course that was a complete lie. It is a clear example of blatant fraud that can't be weasel worded out of like most the rest of his scam.

Ultimately Markie had to try and say Mills after making all that effort to produce and then distill dihydrino, just threw the samples away.
Yep. Thanks for that. I believe you mentioned that before. Here's a related link straight from BLP about that patent:

https://brilliantlightpower.com/wp-c...pplication.pdf

And that completely undercuts one of the excuses I've heard for why Mills hasn't delivered hydrino gas. Some claim it is difficult to contain as a gas so it can't be bottled for long. But if he can liquefy it, why can't he deliver it as a liquid?

Old 16th June 2019, 04:43 PM   #479
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

I do somewhere. Give me a couple of days and I'll see if I can dig it up again.

It's not the one that's recently been posted, but instead an article written by a reporter who had visited Mills' facility and interviewed him there.
Old 16th June 2019, 07:44 PM   #480
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

I do somewhere. Give me a couple of days and I'll see if I can dig it up again.

It's not the one that's recently been posted, but instead an article written by a reporter who had visited Mills' facility and interviewed him there.

Thanks, don't worry if you can't find it, but that sounds like it would be like what I'd be interested in. The official BLP website was actually very tightly worded at the time, but Mills himself made a lot of promises that were obviously wrong at the time he made them.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology