ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Ilhan Omar , immigration issues , racism incidents , racism issues , Trump controversies

Old 18th July 2019, 12:53 AM   #1
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

"SEND HER BACK!" Will they defend this?

Surely you have heard about it. I find it so disturbing I don't even want to link to youtube videos of it. Trump decided to go after Congresswoman Ilhan Omar and his crowd, ever lowering themselves to new levels of deplorable, started chanting "Send her back! SEND HER BACK!..."

And here we now are. They want to deport legal immigrants. Because it was never about immigrants being legal or illegal. It was about them being immigrants that are not white.

How is the Republican party going to spin this? Or do they even try? Maybe they just double down on this, clearly that is where the party is headed, and just burn some crosses at the next rally.

Travis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 12:57 AM   #2
lionking
In the Peanut Gallery

Sickening, truely sickening.

Sir Winston Churchill
lionking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 01:00 AM   #3
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by Travis View Post
"Send her back! SEND HER BACK!..."
How many months before the three-word chant is "Kill them all!"?
Old 18th July 2019, 01:03 AM   #4
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

The only way you are not an America-hater is to be are a Trump-supporter.
Old 18th July 2019, 01:03 AM   #5
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

How about this one: THROW HIM OUT! THROW HIM OUT!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 01:11 AM   #6
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Surely you have heard about it. I find it so disturbing I don't even want to link to youtube videos of it. Trump decided to go after Congresswoman Ilhan Omar and his crowd, ever lowering themselves to new levels of deplorable, started chanting "Send her back! SEND HER BACK!..."
Same old, same old.

And here we now are. They want to deport legal immigrants. Because it was never about immigrants being legal or illegal. It was about them being immigrants that are not white.
Yes, it's not just racism, I reckon there's a fair slice of misogyny in there as well. Is this surprising in any way ?

How is the Republican party going to spin this? Or do they even try? Maybe they just double down on this, clearly that is where the party is headed, and just burn some crosses at the next rally.
They will spin it as patriotic Americans taking a stand against a Muslim communist who is a clear threat to the security of the United States. Her lack of respect for the President, her support for Al Queda, even the fact that she married her own brother are all unacceptable.

These are patriotic Americans who have seen that President Trump has Made America Great Again and who cannot stand to see that legacy destroyed and the country dragged down by Muslim communist agitators.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 02:02 AM   #7
Iamafalser
Scholar

I'm all for it. She's an antisemitic follower of a religion that worships a savage pedophile. Throw in her immigration and tax fraud and she's an excellent candidate for deportation.
Iamafalser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 02:06 AM   #8
Travis
Misanthrope of the Mountains

Originally Posted by Iamafalser View Post
I'm all for it. She's an antisemitic follower of a religion that worships a savage pedophile. Throw in her immigration and tax fraud and she's an excellent candidate for deportation.

Okay, apparently we're just going to believe lies are truth and proceed from there?

Travis is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 02:07 AM   #9
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
They will spin it as patriotic Americans taking a stand against a Muslim communist who is a clear threat to the security of the United States. Her lack of respect for the President, her support for Al Queda, even the fact that she married her own brother are all unacceptable.

These are patriotic Americans who have seen that President Trump has Made America Great Again and who cannot stand to see that legacy destroyed and the country dragged down by Muslim communist agitators.
Something like this in fact....

The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 02:08 AM   #10
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Okay, apparently we're just going to believe lies are truth and proceed from there?
Well it appears to be GOP policy these days

You build your own narrative, independent of any facts, and proceed from there.
Old 18th July 2019, 03:00 AM   #11
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

But remember this can't be called deplorable.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 03:02 AM   #12
3point14
Pi

Welcome to the 21st century where we've built a society in which it is not the cream that rises to the top, but something else.

Anyone that wraps themselves in the Union Flag and also lives in tax exile is a [redacted]
3point14 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 03:53 AM   #13
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by 3point14 View Post
Welcome to the 21st century where we've built a society in which it is not the cream that rises to the top, but something else.
Well yes. At the moment, the GOP is like a septic tank... all the biggest lumps of excrement float to the top.
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 04:05 AM   #14
Belz...
Fiend God

Saw that this morning. Absolutely despicable, especially since they are American citizens. Seems like being naturalised, or even being born in the US, doesn't count if you're not the right sort.

Quote:
Did you ever doubt?

Quote:
"SEND HER BACK!" Will they defend this?
Yep.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 04:08 AM   #15
Belz...
Fiend God

Can't deport American citizens.

And speaking out against Israel is not being antisemitic.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 04:10 AM   #16
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Trump gets ever more senile by the day. America is a land of immigrants. His own dad was a German and his mother Scottish.

The Native Americans got there first so maybe the Europeans should be 'sent back'.
Old 18th July 2019, 04:14 AM   #17
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Trump gets ever more senile by the day. America is a land of immigrants. His own dad was a German and his mother Scottish.
....as have been two of the women he has married.

I don't think he has a problem with immigrants as long as they aren't dark or swarthy skinned.
Old 18th July 2019, 04:15 AM   #18
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Can't deport American citizens.

And speaking out against Israel is not being antisemitic.
It is now in the US (and some might argue in the UK Labour Party) at least de-facto antisemitism.
Old 18th July 2019, 04:16 AM   #19
applecorped
Suspended

Obama you built this
applecorped is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 04:16 AM   #20
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
It isn't deplorable in any way, it's patriotic Americans taking a stand against Muslim communists who are trying to destroy the country
Old 18th July 2019, 04:21 AM   #21
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

I don't think he has a problem with immigrants as long as they aren't dark or swarthy skinned.
So why does he slap orange make-up on?
Old 18th July 2019, 04:22 AM   #22
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
Obama you built this
Send him back! Send him back!
Old 18th July 2019, 04:30 AM   #23
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
Or Racist either

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 04:31 AM   #24
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Obama you built this
Yeah, damn uppity Black man, getting into the Whitehouse and upsetting all the racists.

I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 04:32 AM   #25
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
Maybe they should just do away with the office of President altogether.

Old 18th July 2019, 04:35 AM   #26
Tolls
Illuminator

Obama you built this
He built Trump and the current Republican party?
Crikey...
Tolls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 04:40 AM   #27
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Obama you built this
I don’t really expect an answer, but how’d you work that out?
Old 18th July 2019, 04:54 AM   #28
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
Simple.

Obama got himself elected. This stirred up the hatred of the racists and deplorables, who voted in Trump. Thus Trump and all he does is Obama's fault.

If Obama had just been the good boy he should have been and kept to his place, instead of beating his white betters in the two Presidential Elections, then the deplorables would never have had to vote in Trump.

Old 18th July 2019, 05:06 AM   #29
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

But those swarthy germans should be right out, just ask Ben Franklin.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 05:08 AM   #30
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

Despite the fact that a Republican president made overtly racist remarks that increased his popularity with Republicans, I think it’s important to remember that Democrats are the real racists.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 05:24 AM   #31
Parsman
Muse

Simple.

Obama got himself elected. This stirred up the hatred of the racists and deplorables, who voted in Trump. Thus Trump and all he does is Obama's fault.

If Obama had just been the good boy he should have been and kept to his place, instead of beating his white betters in the two Presidential Elections, then the deplorables would never have had to vote in Trump.
We've got a similar thing here in the UK. The problems with Brexit are all the fault of Remainers. If we would just shut up and let the Brexiteers have their cake and eat it, plus a couple of unicorns grazing on the sunny uplands, everything would be hunky dory! The disconnect between extreme populists and reality is growing in this world and that is a real danger.

When you're dead you don't know that you're dead, all the pain is felt by others....................the same thing happens when you're stupid.
Parsman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 05:30 AM   #32
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

White trash be trashin'.
Old 18th July 2019, 05:35 AM   #33
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

You realize that even if she were guilty of treason, the US cannot deport citizens? I suppose chants of "Revoke her citizenship then send her back" are a little less catchy.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 05:36 AM   #34
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
You may as well ask a moth why it's drawn to a light bulb.
Old 18th July 2019, 05:37 AM   #35
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
Despite the fact that a Republican president made overtly racist remarks that increased his popularity with Republicans, I think it’s important to remember that Democrats are the real racists.
It's simple really. If the Democrats didn't just keep on insist on electing people who aren't old money white cis-male WASPs the Republicans wouldn't have anyone to be bigoted to.
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 05:39 AM   #36
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
Not really an apt comparison. Moths are far more interesting.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 05:40 AM   #37
Armitage72
Illuminator

Simple.

Also, if President Obama hadn't made jokes at Trump's expense at the 2011 White House Correspondents Dinner, Trumplethinskin's delicate little feelings wouldn't have been hurt, and he wouldn't be as driven to destroy everything President Obama has ever touched.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 05:42 AM   #38
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
However, I'm am still wondering why the moths aren't hovering around the light in the other thread after like 4 days now.
JoeMorgue is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 05:43 AM   #39
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Obama you built this
Let's suppose that Obama's presidency is the reason Trump was elected. My wife thinks so. She thinks that Obama did not do enough for the working class, thereby setting the stage for a populist. If she and you are right, then Obama shares responsibility for Trump's rise due to incompetence.

It in no way follows that Obama is the primary villain. Trump, his followers and especially the grownup GOP in the Capitol are responsible for what is actually happening now. Obama does not encourage vile bigotry, Trump does and so do his Republican enablers.

If Chamberlain's appeasement led to the Holocaust, he is still not the evil behind the genocide. If Obama's presidency paved the way for Trump, he may share some blame, but we all know where the real evil is.

(To be fair to my wife, while she's critical of Obama, she does not confuse where the real blame for the current situation lies.)

Last edited by phiwum; 18th July 2019 at 05:44 AM.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2019, 05:43 AM   #40
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
White trash be trashin'.
The trouble is that the "white trash" in question is almost the entirety of one of the two major political parties and one which currently has control of the Senate and SCOTUS and who has the Presidency.

IMO it's more likely that they will regain control of the House than it is that they will lose the Senate or Presidency next time around - especially if they're allowed to continue to gerrymander, purge voter rolls and implement voter ID laws.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics