ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Brilliant Light Power , free energy , Randell Mills

Reply
Old 22nd February 2019, 07:22 AM   #1
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,481
Brilliant Light Power Going To Market - Free Energy Generator Part 4

Mod Info The [url=http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327782]previous thread was creaking along slower than a snail on stilts, so have a shiny bright new, and hopefully faster, thread. Please don't go down the Andrew Wakefield rabbit hole in this thread, though; it's verging away from the topic.
Posted By:Agatha


Anyways, it is nearly the end of February 2019, what is your next 'this time for real' deadline Markie?
2029 in the hope everyone has forgotten the previous 'almost done now, please send more money' promises made for the past 30 ish years?

Last edited by Agatha; 23rd February 2019 at 12:20 PM.
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2019, 10:49 AM   #2
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!
 
Mike!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Posts: 32,726
Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
Ah, then you concede you have no evidence to back up your claims, just bluster and urban legends. I’m not going on a wild goose chase to hunt up evidence of YOUR lies about an Autism / Vaccine connection. I know it’s a wild goose chase because I DID that research when my first child was born, back before that scumbag Wakefield had been exposed as a fraud who faked his “study.” Hell, I even had my firstborn on the Sears alternative vaccine schedule for a couple of years.

You’re the one repeating a debunked chestnut about a vaccine / autism connection. Either admit you’ve got zip to support it or present your evidence.
Please, "scumbag" is too kind. In the future, I ask you that you use his proper title, The Bastard Wakefield.
__________________
"Never judge a man until you’ve walked a mile in his shoes...
Because then it won't really matter, you’ll be a mile away and have his shoes."
Mike! is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2019, 11:28 AM   #3
halleyscomet
Philosopher
 
halleyscomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 9,896
Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
Please, "scumbag" is too kind. In the future, I ask you that you use his proper title, The Bastard Wakefield.


That’s not the best term for him but most the words I’d need to describe him accurately aren’t allowed on this forum.
__________________
Look what I found! There's this whole web site full of skeptics that spun off from the James Randy Education Foundation!
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2019, 01:24 PM   #4
MEequalsIxR
Muse
 
MEequalsIxR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 534
markie what is your connection to Mills and BLP? Are you an investor?
__________________
Never trust anyone in a better mood than you are.

It's a sword they're not meant to safe.
MEequalsIxR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2019, 01:52 PM   #5
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing
 
LTC8K6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Directly under a deadly chemtrail
Posts: 21,417
Originally Posted by MEequalsIxR View Post
markie what is your connection to Mills and BLP? Are you an investor?
The NDA probably does not allow that discussion.
__________________
What a fool believes, no wise man has the power to reason away. What seems to be, is always better than nothing.

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2019, 02:21 PM   #6
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!
 
Mike!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Posts: 32,726
Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
That’s not the best term for him but most the words I’d need to describe him accurately aren’t allowed on this forum.
That's why I settled on The Bastard Wakefield. It drives the point home more effectively than The ************* ******* Wakefield that most forum software would display.
__________________
"Never judge a man until you’ve walked a mile in his shoes...
Because then it won't really matter, you’ll be a mile away and have his shoes."
Mike! is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2019, 02:46 PM   #7
HappySkeptic99
Scholar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 82
Originally Posted by Hellbound View Post
I've stated this before, but perhaps it's time again. I've always compared scientific method to vehicle crash testing. The goal isn't to ram your car (theory) into soft piles of pillows and strands of rubber bands to make sure it doesn't get hurt. The idea is to slam it head-on into the brick wall of existing knowledge at high speed, and see what breaks. If your theory is correct, what breaks will be the wall.

All the excuses, the made-up explanations, the just-so stories, the bad and incomplete data, the equations that don't give correct answers, the refusal to get truly independent testing or to release the data that would allow such; these are all piles of pillows. It can only lead one to question why he claims a 5-star crash rating when his theory has never hit anything more rigid than warm jello.
Nice post!

Truth produces its own conviction, because the more you test something that is true, the more evidence you produce for its veracity.

A real scientist at BLP would take the claims of hydrino analysis, and energy production, and come up with an iron-clad experiment that could be reproduced by the world to prove the claims. Scientists are laser-focused on getting this type of recognition and evidence. Hydrinos would result in a Nobel Prize. Do you really think a scientist wouldn't exhaust every way to test the claims false, or find evidence to prove them true?

This tells me that there are no real scientists at BLP. Those with scientific training likely either suspect fraud and don't care, are incompetent (that covers true-believers), or are in on the scheme.

This is not how either science, or product development it done.
HappySkeptic99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2019, 02:52 PM   #8
MEequalsIxR
Muse
 
MEequalsIxR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 534
Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
The NDA probably does not allow that discussion.
Shame too.

Still, since he's here defending Mills so vigorously some disclosure would seem to be appropriate.

I figured he'd ignore the the post since transparency/honesty and Mills seems to be mutually exclusive.
__________________
Never trust anyone in a better mood than you are.

It's a sword they're not meant to safe.
MEequalsIxR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd February 2019, 10:57 PM   #9
Hans
Philosopher
 
Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,953
Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
Nice. So we can now lump Mills in with The Bastard Wakefield. I'm okay with that.
I humbly suggest the cognomen of The Mumpsimus Mills or Mills the Mumpsimus.

... "someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed and the person humiliated; also, any error, bad habit, or prejudice clung to in this fashion".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumpsimus
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2019, 01:02 PM   #10
JeanTate
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,012
Originally Posted by Lukraak_Sisser View Post
Mod Info The [url=http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327782]previous thread was creaking along slower than a snail on stilts, so have a shiny bright new, and hopefully faster, thread. Please don't go down the Andrew Wakefield rabbit hole in this thread, though; it's verging away from the topic.
Posted By:Agatha


Anyways, it is nearly the end of February 2019, what is your next 'this time for real' deadline Markie?
2029 in the hope everyone has forgotten the previous 'almost done now, please send more money' promises made for the past 30 ish years?
As far as I know, markie’s 26 February, 2019 is the furthest into the future, of any specific claim. And he’s walked away from that anyway.

So soon we’ll be in uncharted territory.
JeanTate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2019, 01:15 PM   #11
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,319
Originally Posted by JeanTate View Post
As far as I know, markie’s 26 February, 2019 is the furthest into the future, of any specific claim. And he’s walked away from that anyway.

So soon we’ll be in uncharted territory.
But we have something even more revealing that that. And Markie and all the other Mills fans seem totally incapable of addressing it. For a year now BLP has been claiming to have 'Product Hydrino® “in a bottle” identified by multiple analytical methods'. Why is no one talking about it this product? He also promised that last year would be the year he show the world the hydrino compounds he's been claiming to have for a decade or more. Didn't happen.
__________________
REJ (Robert E Jones) posting anonymously under my real name for 30 years.

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2019, 02:20 PM   #12
jrhowell
Muse
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 636
Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
For a year now BLP has been claiming to have 'Product Hydrino® “in a bottle” identified by multiple analytical methods'. Why is no one talking about it this product?
Mills would probably say, “Oh you thought I meant product as in something for sale. No, it is the product of a chemical reaction and we must keep it to ourselves so that the secret of hydrino creation cannot be reverse engineered by our competitors.”
jrhowell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2019, 02:38 PM   #13
jonesdave116
Illuminator
 
jonesdave116's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 3,819
You can't blame Mills for not revealing his working product. Within months the Chinese would be copying it and flogging it for half the price. Perhaps it will always remain a secret?
__________________
“There is in every village a torch - the teacher; and an extinguisher - the priest.” - Victor Hugo

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
jonesdave116 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2019, 03:56 PM   #14
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,481
Hmmm, a thought occured to me.

I, and with me most ohters here, believe Mills is a conman stealing money from scientifically illiterate marks because his physics is wrong at virtually every level.

But what if he is right? Because his method, if actually true, were to be an extremely cheap, clean and simple way to provide near unlimited energy to the world. If it were released it would end several wars, save millions, if not billions from starvation, solve global warming and give us the energy we'd need to start both recycling our limited resources more efficiently and start expanding out into space.
And yet, knowing that, Mills has been sitting on his invention, shielding it from independent verification, hiding it from the world, all so he can make the most money out of it.
That is a level of selfish monstrosity en par with Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao and Hitler.

So, markie and opiniongeek, both of you claim to believe his claims, so why are you not agitating that the most important invention of the century should be brought out in the open and shared with humanity, rather than be kept in the clutches of a man who is willing to let 30 years of hunger victims die just to get a bit richer in the end?
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2019, 05:18 PM   #15
jrhowell
Muse
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 636
Originally Posted by Lukraak_Sisser View Post
So, markie and opiniongeek, both of you claim to believe his claims, so why are you not agitating that the most important invention of the century should be brought out in the open and shared with humanity, rather than be kept in the clutches of a man who is willing to let 30 years of hunger victims die just to get a bit richer in the end?
You didn’t ask me, but I will answer anyway. It is because Mills isn’t some socialist bleading heart liberal. He is a true capitalist working hard to make America great again!
jrhowell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2019, 06:24 PM   #16
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,319
Originally Posted by Lukraak_Sisser View Post

So, markie and opiniongeek, both of you claim to believe his claims, so why are you not agitating that the most important invention of the century should be brought out in the open and shared with humanity, rather than be kept in the clutches of a man who is willing to let 30 years of hunger victims die just to get a bit richer in the end?
And remember, that by delaying this invention he is also delaying his cure for cancer and heart disease which he plans to finance from this operation.

Seriously, how can anybody take this guy seriously?
__________________
REJ (Robert E Jones) posting anonymously under my real name for 30 years.

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2019, 09:32 PM   #17
markie
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,643
Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
Please, "scumbag" is too kind. In the future, I ask you that you use his proper title, The Bastard Wakefield.
I've noticed a trend with 'skeptics' here, a behaviour that exhibits low inhibition in ascribing the foulest of motives to those who challenge the status quo. Venom is directed towards the individuals, the mavericks, who buck the system. It's like skeptics don't want to believe the story from the maverick point of view ; they prefer the safety of the incumbent, institutional view, despite evidence. Yes, despite evidence. The evidence is simply not believed, is dismissed and mindlessly swatted at as one would a persistent fly at a picnic.

It's a choice, really, to besmirch people that you don't even know, based on second or third hand information from parties often having a vested interest against such people and their ideas.

The true skeptic will not mindlessly swat at the fly; he will carefully note what the fly is after. And when he realizes that the fly is attracted to a collection of rotten meat that the picnic attendees have been putting into their sandwiches, it's time to declare the company picnic over and admit there is a problem.

There is a problem in physics today, and certain individuals like Randell Mills are trying to fix it. There is a problem in our environment today that is causing autism, and certain individuals like Andrew Wakefield are trying to fix it. I try to understand such individuals and in understanding them I have come to admire them.

I know most 'skeptics' here won't bother, but on the chance there is a real skeptic here, who is as skeptical of the corporate funded mainstream media view as he is of the maverick, here's a recent video of Andrew Wakefield being interviewed and explaining himself. And that is all I will be saying on this matter, thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh8yjUqzhNs
markie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2019, 09:45 PM   #18
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,319
Originally Posted by markie View Post
Yes, despite evidence. The evidence is simply not believed, is dismissed and mindlessly swatted at as one would a persistent fly at a picnic.
You have no evidence and you are just an annoying fly.

Please address why BLP was unable to prove that their lies weren't lies as they promised to do last year. This is very simple markie. BLP has been claiming for a decade to have hydrino compounds. A year ago they said they were going to show them to the world in 2018. 2018 has come and gone and they did not show them to the world. They claim to have the evidence. They claim they wanted to show it to the word. Yet they didn't. It was put up or shut up time according to their own statements. Yet they didn't put up and you haven't shut up.
__________________
REJ (Robert E Jones) posting anonymously under my real name for 30 years.

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2019, 09:56 PM   #19
markie
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,643
Originally Posted by Lukraak_Sisser View Post
Hmmm, a thought occured to me.

I, and with me most ohters here, believe Mills is a conman stealing money from scientifically illiterate marks because his physics is wrong at virtually every level.

But what if he is right? Because his method, if actually true, were to be an extremely cheap, clean and simple way to provide near unlimited energy to the world. If it were released it would end several wars, save millions, if not billions from starvation, solve global warming and give us the energy we'd need to start both recycling our limited resources more efficiently and start expanding out into space.
And yet, knowing that, Mills has been sitting on his invention, shielding it from independent verification, hiding it from the world, all so he can make the most money out of it.
That is a level of selfish monstrosity en par with Stalin, Pol Pot, Mao and Hitler.

So, markie and opiniongeek, both of you claim to believe his claims, so why are you not agitating that the most important invention of the century should be brought out in the open and shared with humanity, rather than be kept in the clutches of a man who is willing to let 30 years of hunger victims die just to get a bit richer in the end?
"hiding it from the world"? Um, he's been showing it - the SunCell type of reaction - to the world for the last five years. During that time the advancements have been very apparent. Yes there have been setbacks and delays. That is almost inevitable in pioneering research. To say Mills has been 'sitting' on his invention is strange indeed.
For your contemplation: The invention of the SunCell will not solve world hunger nor end wars any more than did the discovery and utilization of oil. Comparing Mills to the likes of Stalin and Hitler just about sums up the mentality here.
markie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2019, 10:01 PM   #20
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,319
Originally Posted by markie View Post
"Um, he's been showing it - the SunCell type of reaction - to the world for the last five years. During that time the advancements have been very apparent.
No he has not. He shows youtube videos that are easily faked and he fails to provide the convincing evidence that he claims to have.

BTW how are "the advancements have been very apparent" when in 2016 he was claiming to be delivering prototypes ready for commercialization to a third party and now that has fallen through and he has no projections on when he's going to actually do that?

How in the world do you expect anyone to buying in to the monumental stupidity you are pedding?
__________________
REJ (Robert E Jones) posting anonymously under my real name for 30 years.

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2019, 10:02 PM   #21
markie
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,643
Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
You have no evidence and you are just an annoying fly.

Please address why BLP was unable to prove that their lies weren't lies as they promised to do last year. This is very simple markie. BLP has been claiming for a decade to have hydrino compounds. A year ago they said they were going to show them to the world in 2018. 2018 has come and gone and they did not show them to the world. They claim to have the evidence. They claim they wanted to show it to the word. Yet they didn't. It was put up or shut up time according to their own statements. Yet they didn't put up and you haven't shut up.
Consider that large, transparent cuboid - in which a wire was exploded and a weblike substance formed - to be the "bottle". There it is : hydrino in a bottle. If you care to look, the substance is characterized in the early 2019 version of his GUTCP.
markie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd February 2019, 10:10 PM   #22
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,319
Originally Posted by markie View Post
Consider that large, transparent cuboid - in which a wire was exploded and a weblike substance formed - to be the "bottle". There it is : hydrino in a bottle. If you care to look, the substance is characterized in the early 2019 version of his GUTCP.
I do not care to look at more lies. He's been claiming to have such stuff for ten years or more and was going to show it to the world last year. HE DIDN"T.

It's a freaking fakable video for crying out loud.

Are you a freaking moron? It's the most obviously fakable stuff on the planet and no where even close to what anyone with half an ounce of brain should consider evidence let alone proof.

Yet the guy claims to have convincing proof and a desire to show it to the world. Yet he doesn't. He persists with completely fakable videos.
__________________
REJ (Robert E Jones) posting anonymously under my real name for 30 years.

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Last edited by RecoveringYuppy; 23rd February 2019 at 10:13 PM.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2019, 03:36 AM   #23
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 25,878
Originally Posted by markie View Post
I've noticed a trend with 'skeptics' here, a behaviour that exhibits low inhibition in ascribing the foulest of motives to those who challenge the status quo. Venom is directed towards the individuals, the mavericks, who buck the system. It's like skeptics don't want to believe the story from the maverick point of view ; they prefer the safety of the incumbent, institutional view, despite evidence. Yes, despite evidence. The evidence is simply not believed, is dismissed and mindlessly swatted at as one would a persistent fly at a picnic.

It's a choice, really, to besmirch people that you don't even know, based on second or third hand information from parties often having a vested interest against such people and their ideas.

The true skeptic will not mindlessly swat at the fly; he will carefully note what the fly is after. And when he realizes that the fly is attracted to a collection of rotten meat that the picnic attendees have been putting into their sandwiches, it's time to declare the company picnic over and admit there is a problem.

There is a problem in physics today, and certain individuals like Randell Mills are trying to fix it. There is a problem in our environment today that is causing autism, and certain individuals like Andrew Wakefield are trying to fix it. I try to understand such individuals and in understanding them I have come to admire them.

I know most 'skeptics' here won't bother, but on the chance there is a real skeptic here, who is as skeptical of the corporate funded mainstream media view as he is of the maverick, here's a recent video of Andrew Wakefield being interviewed and explaining himself. And that is all I will be saying on this matter, thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh8yjUqzhNs
I know we've been told not to go down the Wakefield rabbit hole, so I'm not going to go into this in any depth. I will just say, however, that Wakefield filed a patent for a new kind of MMR vaccine the year before publishing the research he claimed showed a link between the MMR vaccine and autism. Furthermore, 2 years before he published that research he was paid nearly half a million pounds to make a case against the MMR vaccine.

The anti-vaxx movement Wakefield created for his own financial gain has a body count of more than 10,000 - maybe as high as double that. Most of those deaths are children.

Now, ask yourself, do you really want to associate Mills with this man? Do you really want to imply that they are the same?

This is going to be my only post on this subject. I just believe you ought to put some serious thought into whether associating Mills with Wakefield does Mills good or whether it does him harm.
__________________
I don't trust atoms. They make up everything.
Squeegee Beckenheim is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2019, 07:37 AM   #24
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster
 
The Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Posts: 14,146
Originally Posted by markie View Post
I've noticed a trend with 'skeptics' here, a behaviour that exhibits low inhibition in ascribing the foulest of motives to those who challenge the status quo. Venom is directed towards the individuals, the mavericks, who buck the system. It's like skeptics don't want to believe the story from the maverick point of view ; they prefer the safety of the incumbent, institutional view, despite evidence. Yes, despite evidence. The evidence is simply not believed, is dismissed and mindlessly swatted at as one would a persistent fly at a picnic.

It's a choice, really, to besmirch people that you don't even know, based on second or third hand information from parties often having a vested interest against such people and their ideas.

The true skeptic will not mindlessly swat at the fly; he will carefully note what the fly is after. And when he realizes that the fly is attracted to a collection of rotten meat that the picnic attendees have been putting into their sandwiches, it's time to declare the company picnic over and admit there is a problem.

There is a problem in physics today, and certain individuals like Randell Mills are trying to fix it. There is a problem in our environment today that is causing autism, and certain individuals like Andrew Wakefield are trying to fix it. I try to understand such individuals and in understanding them I have come to admire them.

I know most 'skeptics' here won't bother, but on the chance there is a real skeptic here, who is as skeptical of the corporate funded mainstream media view as he is of the maverick, here's a recent video of Andrew Wakefield being interviewed and explaining himself. And that is all I will be saying on this matter, thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh8yjUqzhNs
We already know what "the fly" is after, money. Mills exemplifies this in statements and actions intended to keep corporate secrets and as a result money is all he can get. Even in this though, as others have noted, he is doing it wrong, if real, as, if I recall, the patent protections obtained don't actually provide the intended protections. Either you have made no actual attempt to "try to understand such individuals" or you are simply lying. Which would of course make your admiration of such liars understandable.

Where's Mills study on the relation of Hydrino production to autism, or just any medical condition?

Lying and faking data doesn't make people "mavericks" it just makes them part of the problem.
__________________
BRAINZZZZZZZZ

Last edited by The Man; 24th February 2019 at 07:39 AM.
The Man is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2019, 08:02 AM   #25
gabeygoat
Graduate Poster
 
gabeygoat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 1,216
Originally Posted by markie View Post
Consider that large, transparent cuboid - in which a wire was exploded and a weblike substance formed - to be the "bottle". There it is : hydrino in a bottle. If you care to look, the substance is characterized in the early 2019 version of his GUTCP.
Holy hell, seriously? This is getting sad
__________________
"May I interest you in some coconut milk?" ~Akhenaten Wallabe Esq
gabeygoat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2019, 08:36 AM   #26
Darat
Lackey
Administrator
 
Darat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: South East, UK
Posts: 88,045
Originally Posted by gabeygoat View Post
Holy hell, seriously? This is getting sad
But there's a video on YouTube! What more could anyone need!?
__________________
I wish I knew how to quit you
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2019, 08:43 AM   #27
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,481
Originally Posted by markie View Post
"hiding it from the world"? Um, he's been showing it - the SunCell type of reaction - to the world for the last five years. During that time the advancements have been very apparent. Yes there have been setbacks and delays. That is almost inevitable in pioneering research. To say Mills has been 'sitting' on his invention is strange indeed.
For your contemplation: The invention of the SunCell will not solve world hunger nor end wars any more than did the discovery and utilization of oil. Comparing Mills to the likes of Stalin and Hitler just about sums up the mentality here.
By that measurement Marvel have shown the advancement of both aliens and superhumans, and the advances have been very apparent too.
Youtube video's are not evidence of anything but the ability to make a video.

Sending 200 prototypes and schematics to labs around the world is proving something, provided they can replicate the results without being payed shills.
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2019, 08:51 AM   #28
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,319
Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Even in this though, as others have noted, he is doing it wrong, if real, as, if I recall, the patent protections obtained don't actually provide the intended protections.
Originally Posted by Lukraak_Sisser View Post
Sending 200 prototypes and schematics to labs around the world is proving something, provided they can replicate the results without being payed shills.
The fact is that if what Mill's has been claiming for 30 years is correct someone else would have made him rich by now. He has published over a thousand pages of his so-called theory and he has multiple public patents. And I would point out that the rejected ones are still public even though rejected. Further, BLP could get the rejected ones re-instated if someone else proved they were valid by implementing them.

Yet markie persists in the extreme delusion that the whole planet is so jaded against change that not one person, university, company, or country wants to take over a large part of the 8 trillion energy market.
__________________
REJ (Robert E Jones) posting anonymously under my real name for 30 years.

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2019, 09:35 AM   #29
Hans
Philosopher
 
Hans's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,953
Smile

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
The fact is that if what Mill's has been claiming for 30 years is correct someone else would have made him rich by now. He has published over a thousand pages of his so-called theory and he has multiple public patents. And I would point out that the rejected ones are still public even though rejected. Further, BLP could get the rejected ones re-instated if someone else proved they were valid by implementing them.

Yet markie persists in the extreme delusion that the whole planet is so jaded against change that not one person, university, company, or country wants to take over a large part of the 8 trillion energy market.
Hmmmm, yes the very funny 'they are against change' is easily disproved by examining what the world was like in 1819 vs 200 years later. I don't know (I know a lot about 1819 and that era) but the world seems remarkably changed - and better in many ways - how did that happen if mavericks were not followed?

It is a silly argument. We all noted how the computer nerds were all slapped down and the internet still born....oh wait....lol..

Mills the Mumpsimus isn't a maverick he's a con man - big difference.

Last edited by Hans; 24th February 2019 at 09:37 AM.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2019, 09:45 AM   #30
MEequalsIxR
Muse
 
MEequalsIxR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 534
Originally Posted by markie View Post
I've noticed a trend with 'skeptics' here, a behaviour that exhibits low inhibition in ascribing the foulest of motives to those who challenge the status quo. Venom is directed towards the individuals, the mavericks, who buck the system. It's like skeptics don't want to believe the story from the maverick point of view ;[snip]
Of course skeptics are skeptical. That is the whole point. Self serving words and cheesy youtube videos are not proof. Anyone can claim anything but proving it is a different story. Some might be gullible enough to sink a life savings into a scheme like BLP on the basis of some youtube videos and a book full of nothing but eventually the time comes to realize they have been had.

I would bet most here would be delighted to see a real maverick turn science on it's head. I for one would love to see that happen. But youtube videos are not the way it happen serious papers in serious publications and results verified by independent sources with no connection to the claimant is the way it is done and Mills has done nothing even close. The reason of course is because he is a fraud and a scammer and his work can not and will not hold up to any scrutiny.

I'm sure your financial loss in this will hurt but it's time to wake and realize you have been scammed.

Originally Posted by markie View Post
[snip] they prefer the safety of the incumbent, institutional view, despite evidence. Yes, despite evidence. The evidence is simply not believed, is dismissed and mindlessly swatted at as one would a persistent fly at a picnic. [snip]
There is zero evidence. Just silly youtube videos. No proof at all. Bill Nye the Science Guy demonstrating grade school concepts to children makes more scientific videos than Mills. For that matter Beakmans World was better science than Mills. Pictures of something glowing with the assurance output is higher than input is not science and it's not convincing to anyone. Except maybe someone who made a bad investment and is desperately clinging to hope somehow the junk science is real.

Originally Posted by markie View Post
[snip]
It's a choice, really, to besmirch people that you don't even know, based on second or third hand information from parties often having a vested interest against such people and their ideas.
Mills opens himself up to exactly what he gets. He makes promises he doesn't keep. Although he finally got smart and no longer makes promises that way he can't be called on it later. Soon is open to interpretation so if I say to you markie I'll send you 100 dollars soon in five years you can't complain you haven't gotten it yet because it will still be sent out to you soon.

The sad fact is you post something for skeptics to see they will be treat it as not true until it can be proven to be true. There is no reason to be any other way. The proof is on the person making the claim and the world would be a much better place if more people were unwilling to believe anything on the evening news spewed by a politician or a discredited doctor or a charlatan with a scam and a bag full of magic.
__________________
Never trust anyone in a better mood than you are.

It's a sword they're not meant to safe.
MEequalsIxR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2019, 10:50 AM   #31
Darat
Lackey
Administrator
 
Darat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: South East, UK
Posts: 88,045
Originally Posted by MEequalsIxR View Post
Of course skeptics are skeptical. That is the whole point. Self serving words and cheesy youtube videos are not proof. Anyone can claim anything but proving it is a different story. Some might be gullible enough to sink a life savings into a scheme like BLP on the basis of some youtube videos and a book full of nothing but eventually the time comes to realize they have been had.



I would bet most here would be delighted to see a real maverick turn science on it's head. I for one would love to see that happen... Snip...


From the stories that people have posted elsewhere in the forum I know many of us often came into skepticism because we wanted fantasy to be true but found out it ain't. I think what often happens is that the supporters of such people like Mills really have little understanding of what it would mean if it was true, skeptics often show a much greater understanding of how the world actually works and the significance of something like hydrinos being true, what a world changing breakthrough it would be.

And why wouldn't everyone in the world (bar some oligarchs) want it all to be true?
__________________
I wish I knew how to quit you
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2019, 11:03 AM   #32
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 19,177
Originally Posted by markie View Post
Consider that large, transparent cuboid - in which a wire was exploded and a weblike substance formed - to be the "bottle". There it is : hydrino in a bottle. If you care to look, the substance is characterized in the early 2019 version of his GUTCP.
Wow. Just wow. This is bizarre.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2019, 11:28 AM   #33
JeanTate
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,012
Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
But we have something even more revealing that that. And Markie and all the other Mills fans seem totally incapable of addressing it. For a year now BLP has been claiming to have 'Product Hydrino® “in a bottle” identified by multiple analytical methods'. Why is no one talking about it this product? He also promised that last year would be the year he show the world the hydrino compounds he's been claiming to have for a decade or more. Didn't happen.
All true.

However, all predicted/expected/announced dates/deadlines have passed ... except markie’s 26 February, 2019.

I find it very telling that explicit dates are no longer claimed, by either Mills/BLP, or fans such as markie or Brett H. A sea change after 3+ decades.

It’s almost as if there is a collective understanding that such explicitness is counterproductive, creating more adverse blowback than new investment.
JeanTate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2019, 12:04 PM   #34
Red Baron Farms
Illuminator
 
Red Baron Farms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 4,848
Originally Posted by Darat View Post
But there's a video on YouTube! What more could anyone need!?
There are lots of informative videos on YouTube nowadays. This is of course not one of them, but I have a whole library of lectures etc that I found there.
__________________
Scott
"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system." Bill Mollison
Biome Carbon Cycle Management
Red Baron Farms is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2019, 12:55 PM   #35
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 25,825
Originally Posted by markie View Post
"hiding it from the world"? Um, he's been showing it - the SunCell type of reaction - to the world for the last five years. ....
That is a delusion, markie. Mills has been spewing company propaganda videos which only show an ability to essentially blow up apparatus/ That is not evidence of any of Mills' delusions. It is evidence of yet another scam like his other ones either on purpose or because Mills is deluded. Mills is trying to sell his scam, not give credible evidence that he is not deluded.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2019, 01:02 PM   #36
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 25,825
Thumbs down A deluded fantasy that a wire in a "cuboid" is hydrinos

Originally Posted by markie View Post
Consider that large, transparent cuboid ....
A deluded fantasy that an exploding wire in a "cuboid" is hydrinos when exploding wires are well known technology. Even wires in light bulbs can explode !

The idiocy of a citing a "early 2019" of Mills book which we already know to be ignorant, deluded and lying. There is little doubt that this new edition will just add more ignorance, lies and delusions.
2 years of analysis of Mills book listing the ignorance, lies and delusions in it
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2019, 02:13 PM   #37
markie
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 1,643
Originally Posted by MEequalsIxR View Post
Of course skeptics are skeptical. That is the whole point. Self serving words and cheesy youtube videos are not proof. Anyone can claim anything but proving it is a different story. Some might be gullible enough to sink a life savings into a scheme like BLP on the basis of some youtube videos and a book full of nothing but eventually the time comes to realize they have been had.

I would bet most here would be delighted to see a real maverick turn science on it's head. I for one would love to see that happen. But youtube videos are not the way it happen serious papers in serious publications and results verified by independent sources with no connection to the claimant is the way it is done and Mills has done nothing even close. The reason of course is because he is a fraud and a scammer and his work can not and will not hold up to any scrutiny.
Mills' work has held up to the scrutiny of third parties quite well. Unlike armchair skeptics here, the validators are qualified people who have actually visited BLP and checked out the various experiments for themselves. They are confident enough in their evaluations to put their names down as validators.

Quote:
I'm sure your financial loss in this will hurt but it's time to wake and realize you have been scammed.
You repeat that I have a financial investment in BLP, when I have stated at least twice in this thread that I have none.

Quote:
There is zero evidence. Just silly youtube videos. No proof at all.
There you go, mindlessly swatting away two decades of validated work and dozens of papers published.
markie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2019, 02:46 PM   #38
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 9,319
Originally Posted by markie View Post
Mills' work has held up to the scrutiny of third parties quite well.
There has been no third party validation.



Originally Posted by markie View Post
Unlike armchair skeptics here, the validators are qualified people who have actually visited BLP and checked out the various experiments for themselves.

Stop this lying. You should know damn well that visiting BLP is not independent third party validation.
__________________
REJ (Robert E Jones) posting anonymously under my real name for 30 years.

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2019, 04:01 PM   #39
Darat
Lackey
Administrator
 
Darat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: South East, UK
Posts: 88,045
Originally Posted by markie View Post
Mills' work has held up to the scrutiny of third parties quite well. Unlike armchair skeptics here, the validators are qualified people who have actually visited BLP and checked out the various experiments for themselves. They are confident enough in their evaluations to put their names down as validators.





You repeat that I have a financial investment in BLP, when I have stated at least twice in this thread that I have none.





There you go, mindlessly swatting away two decades of validated work and dozens of papers published.
Where is the working generator?
__________________
I wish I knew how to quit you
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th February 2019, 04:06 PM   #40
MEequalsIxR
Muse
 
MEequalsIxR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 534
Mills work has held up to nothing. It is quite unbelievable you refuse to see it. Being payed by Mills is not independent.

The work of Newton, Einstein, Maxwell, Dirac, Pauli, Currie and thousands of others work is published, out there and available for testing and it all has been tested over and over again by different people and organizations. 100 years later Einstein is still being tested. What independent testing has been done to verify Mills work - that is by a third party working at an independent facility with no connections to Mills with people with no connection?

If Mills science was real all he'd have to do would be to ask for help to resolve the supposed issues he claims he has to resolve and there would be a cadre. Graduate students, PHD candidates looking for a dissertation, lots of people looking to build a career would be lined up around the block.
__________________
Never trust anyone in a better mood than you are.

It's a sword they're not meant to safe.
MEequalsIxR is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:34 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.