ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Brilliant Light Power , free energy , Randell Mills

Old 22nd March 2019, 06:46 AM   #281
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Location: Not in Hell, but I can see it from here on a clear day...
Originally Posted by Red Baron Farms View Post
Right. In layman's terms. Not in scientific terms. In science the results Mills got where completely meaningless. You should now see why scientists scoff at Mill's. That and of course the fact that Hydrinos don't exist.
Yeah, that was what I was trying to provide an analogy to. Using a device outside the range it's calibrated for gives you results that are meaningless.

ETA: Even if the device could be calibrated to the appropriate range (and I don't know if that's the case here)
Old 22nd March 2019, 07:07 AM   #282
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by PeterWol62 View Post
The comments about invalid spectral analyser results might or might not be valid. If the manufacturer has published data showing that the device has zero sensitivity in a particular range, that is one thing. But if the manufacturer merely states that he has only calibrated or validated the device for a specific range, then that statement would not mean the same.

See, "zero sensitivity" isn't really the problem here. If the detector simply returned zero, you wouldn't have anything to even look at.

The problem is, the sensitivity is literally undefined. We have no idea what the relationship between the reading and reality is. It could be higher, it could be lower, and it could be either of those by almost any multiplication factor, 1% off, 10%, 10000% whatever. We don't know. And there's no reason to suppose that the error is constant over time or under all conditions. And without knowing any of that, there's no way we can translate one set of readings into another in hopes of producing more accurate results.

Now, sure, maybe just by coincidence Mills bought the one meter in which the response is neither higher nor lower, it's just bang-on exactly the same as what a proper measurement would be. But how unlikely is that?
Old 22nd March 2019, 09:03 AM   #283
MEequalsIxR
Muse

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
[snip] That and of course the fact that Hydrinos don't exist.
Now, now you don't know they don't exist.... it's just that we know Mills hasn't any!

Maybe that's backwards. Maybe hydrinos are real and Mills doesn't exist.

It's a sword they're not meant to safe.
MEequalsIxR is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2019, 03:35 AM   #284
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

New patent

This is for a "MAGNETOHYDRODYNAMIC ELECTRIC POWER GENERATOR"
Old 26th March 2019, 07:45 AM   #285
Hans
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
New patent

Oh gosh are we about to start the new scam cycle again?

Will we see notifications or impending production at x number of sites and contracts with obscure companies?

Last edited by Hans; 26th March 2019 at 07:47 AM.
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2019, 08:02 AM   #286
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

New patent

Again the same nonsense, using circular magnets on a faraday channel shows a fundamental lack of understanding of basic MHD dynamics. Highest field line concentration will tend to be at the center of the magnets radius. Which is, as pictured, at the midpoint of the channel where ions will simply tend to gyrate. The idea is to spread the field out linearly and uniformly over the length of the channel such that the curved paths of the ions, at various speeds, tend to meet the conductive stips. With a field distribution that is also and similarly curved, (not to mention potentially crossing field reversal boundaries, within the conductive length), just means reducing or eliminating ion impacts to the conductive plates or at worst having multiple countering impacts (at the boundary transitions).
Old 26th March 2019, 08:02 AM   #287
HappySkeptic99
Scholar

New patent

Wow, the claims don't even start until almost page 300. So, this is what BLP does instead of actually produce a working product.

The title is misleading. "Magnetohydrodynamic" is only superficially mentioned in the claims, along with "boiler" and other methods for generating power. This patent is simply a complete description of the SunCell.

Of course, we all know that a "boiler" is beyond the technical capability of BLP, or anyone else on the planet, apparently

At least the patent explains the reactants. They claim that it is a reaction between water and hydrogen, caused by their electrical arc between their molten electrodes. So, they have hydrogen (and metals) for fuel, and water for some nice hydrolysis reaction (you can watch similar things on YouTube).

I guess with the patent out, we should expect a product any day now? Oops, I forgot -- no-one can make a boiler.

Last edited by HappySkeptic99; 26th March 2019 at 08:23 AM.
HappySkeptic99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2019, 08:35 AM   #288
8enotto
Graduate Poster

Cue new Mills fan to amaze us with the marvel this will be.
8enotto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2019, 12:53 PM   #289
jonesdave116
Illuminator

It's March 2019. Wasn't something supposed to have happened by now? Didn't Markie have a million internetz bet with someone?

ďNever argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.Ē - George Carlin
jonesdave116 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2019, 05:29 PM   #290
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jonesdave116 View Post
It's March 2019. Wasn't something supposed to have happened by now? Didn't Markie have a million internetz bet with someone?
That was michaelsuede, and he welched on it.
Old 27th March 2019, 07:05 AM   #291
PeterWol62
New Blood

Originally Posted by MEequalsIxR View Post
Maybe that's backwards. Maybe hydrinos are real and Mills doesn't exist.
Offered as proof of existence, a set of gas chromatography measurements, should be easily found at the link:
(March 1st. )
The data confirming the existence of hydrino is available at this link of today:
I am not permitted to post links to this site. Will this work?
(https, remove between commas, ://) Brilliantlightpower , remove spaces, commas etc, put a dot here, com/news/

We can supply hydrino bound in compounds or as a gas. .........
(Private e-mail extract, from R.L.Mills)
PeterWol62 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2019, 07:09 AM   #292
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Offered as proof of existence, a set of gas chromatography measurements, should be easily found at the link:
(March 1st. )
The data confirming the existence of hydrino is available at this link of today:
(https, remove between commas, ://) Brilliantlightpower , remove spaces, commas etc, put a dot here, com/news/

It's an anti-bot measure; you need 15 posts before posting links.

https://Brilliantlightpower.com/news/

Is that the link you were trying to post? Normally just post it using, say, without the http and with commas instead of periods, someone will repost for you.
Old 27th March 2019, 07:40 AM   #293
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

(March 1st. )

But Brilliant Light Power and Mills post lots of lies at that site. And even if you don't agree he's deliberately lying he is still quite definitely wrong all the time in his claims. He's claimed to have things he doesn't actually have multiple times. And, no, in case you are going to try to use the same excuse markie tries to use, I don't know mean that he misses deadlines. I mean he actually has claimed to actually have things in the here and now and then turns out not to actually have them.

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th March 2019, 11:02 AM   #294
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

New video

https://youtu.be/FMl2aMfRYRw

Great new way of measuring the energy output, you put it in a water bath, then shine a torch and say "look at the (paraphrasing) striations that's the water changing density as it warms up."

If only there was some objective way to measure the temperature of something, perhaps a meter of some sort that could register changes in thermal energy? We could call such a device a meterthermo.

I know too far fetched, just a silly science fiction idea !
Old 27th March 2019, 12:30 PM   #295
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Location: A pocket paradise between the sewage treatment plant and the railroad
Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
Isn't it time for a new video where something buzzes, something gets hot, and no measurements are taken?

Thanks!
Old 27th March 2019, 03:19 PM   #296
WhatRoughBeast
Graduate Poster

We could call such a device a meterthermo.
And we could call two of them a couplethermo.
WhatRoughBeast is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2019, 03:23 AM   #297
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Thanks!
I'm sorry Myriad but you are being very dishonest here as in the video they clearly show how they are measuring the energy output.

This is always the problem for Mills, folk like you who are ignorant of the True(tm)* science simply don't have the knowledge to understand the complex way in which they measure heat output. Sure it just looks like someone shining a torch into a water bath and saying you can see distortions in the water, but if you had an understanding of the True(tm)* science you'd know there is no better way of showing the amount of excess heat, this totally validates the generator.

*Previously known as Scam(tm).

Last edited by Darat; 28th March 2019 at 03:30 AM. Reason: A brief,
Darat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2019, 07:44 AM   #298
HappySkeptic99
Scholar

I'm sorry Myriad but you are being very dishonest here as in the video they clearly show how they are measuring the energy output.

This is always the problem for Mills, folk like you who are ignorant of the True(tm)* science simply don't have the knowledge to understand the complex way in which they measure heat output. Sure it just looks like someone shining a torch into a water bath and saying you can see distortions in the water, but if you had an understanding of the True(tm)* science you'd know there is no better way of showing the amount of excess heat, this totally validates the generator.

I'm sure they had a thermometer, but no, it does not validate the generator (though I suspect you were being sarcastic). This is pure theater. BLP has to be 'seen' as making progress, or the investors will revolt (I'm sure many of them know their money is wasted, but don't want to say so, on the hope that another fool will buy their shares).

A real system is always right around the corner, except they can't figure out how to turn heat into electricity.

Last edited by HappySkeptic99; 28th March 2019 at 09:44 AM.
HappySkeptic99 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2019, 08:24 AM   #299
8enotto
Graduate Poster

As an added safety feature the water tank is genius.

When the device burns up after about a minute the water going into the wrecked device puts out the fire and blows the main circuit breaker.

Thus saving BLP scientists from being killed instantly by hydrino meltdown.

Sheer genius. He should patent that.
8enotto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2019, 08:32 AM   #300
Red Baron Farms
Illuminator

It is blowing hydrino bubbles!

Oh wait. Hydrinos are dark matter and cant form bubbles. Never mind
"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system." Bill Mollison
Biome Carbon Cycle Management
Red Baron Farms is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2019, 09:18 AM   #301
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

Somewhat like Rossi and the "Look it makes steam!"
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2019, 09:33 AM   #302
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

Originally Posted by Dancing David View Post
Somewhat like Rossi and the "Look it makes steam!"
IF only we could find some way to harness that steam for energy...we'll need another 10 years!
Old 28th March 2019, 10:01 AM   #303
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Sure they can. They interact with all kinds of matter, except when they don't.

The bigger question is why they're not forming a hydrino compound with the water.
Old 28th March 2019, 10:43 AM   #304
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Oh gosh are we about to start the new scam cycle again?

Will we see notifications or impending production at x number of sites and contracts with obscure companies?
Seems familiar in a Charlie Brown and football sort of way...

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2019, 03:06 PM   #305
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Well, he might be measuring the temperature, but I specifically said "no measurements taken." As in, recorded. He's failing to keep any durable record of his lumithermohydrohydrino readings over time. To do that scientifically, he'd have to be holding a smart phone next to his flashlight, to record video of the striations in the water density revealed by the beam.

Please read my posts more carefully before accusing me of being dishonest!

Last edited by Myriad; 28th March 2019 at 03:07 PM.
Myriad is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th March 2019, 03:24 PM   #306
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Well, he might be measuring the temperature, but I specifically said "no measurements taken." As in, recorded. He's failing to keep any durable record of his lumithermohydrohydrino readings over time. To do that scientifically, he'd have to be holding a smart phone next to his flashlight, to record video of the striations in the water density revealed by the beam.

Please read my posts more carefully before accusing me of being dishonest!
I was joking....
Old 28th March 2019, 03:43 PM   #307
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Bubbles in a regular calorimetry experiment: "Something's leaking! Shut it the **** down!"

Bubbles in a BLP calorimetry experiment: "If you shine a flashlight near where the bubbles are coming out you can see how the water's changing density."
Old 28th March 2019, 03:44 PM   #308
Myriad
Hyperthetical

I was joking....

Me too!
Old 30th March 2019, 05:03 AM   #309
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Caliometry Validation Report

There's equations and numbers. I can only assume that this is purporting to be the data from the latest YouTube video.
Old 30th March 2019, 05:16 AM   #310
Red Baron Farms
Illuminator

There's equations and numbers. I can only assume that this is purporting to be the data from the latest YouTube video.
Quote:
"The excess energy is defined as the thermal energy released into the water bath in excess of the electrical energy input. "[1]
Once again the same flaw as was in previous attempt, failure to include all energy inputs and/or mundane well understood reactions like the burning of metals.

Just another smoke and mirrors report that has no real significance at all. And that's even assuming the test was what Mills claims it is.
"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system." Bill Mollison
Biome Carbon Cycle Management
Red Baron Farms is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2019, 11:20 AM   #311
WhatRoughBeast
Graduate Poster

Nope.

First, the report deals with a 1 kg. reactor, and that assembly is much bigger than that.

Second, the report deals with millisecond current bursts, while the power seems to have been applied continuously in the video. They announce that they're turning the power off towards the end.

All of this assumes that "the latest YouTube video" is the one provided by Darat and linked to just prior to your answer.

Last edited by WhatRoughBeast; 30th March 2019 at 11:21 AM.
WhatRoughBeast is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th March 2019, 01:20 PM   #312
jsfisher
ETcorngods survivor

Quote:
A record of the raw voltage and current vs. time data for the duration of the electrical power input burst was obtained from BLP as a single Excel worksheet file for each test.
The report is another pretend independent report. No observed data, just data that BLP claims it had observed.

"He's the greatest mod that never was!" -- Monketey Ghost
jsfisher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2019, 10:23 AM   #313
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

Wonder what's up with their quarterly report? Been almost 4 months since their last quarterly report and last year's first quarter report was out in February.

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2019, 02:51 PM   #314
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
Wonder what's up with their quarterly report? Been almost 4 months since their last quarterly report and last year's first quarter report was out in February.
Then their quarterly report is a month overdue... Or are they using a metric calendar?
Old 31st March 2019, 09:02 PM   #315
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by RecoveringYuppy View Post
Well it's hard to make up a quarterly report out of whole cloth when nothing reportable has happened.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2019, 09:36 PM   #316
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Well it's hard to make up a quarterly report out of whole cloth when nothing reportable has happened.
You'd say Mills has 30+ years of experience with that situation though, so surely he has learned how to do at least that by now?
Lukraak_Sisser is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st March 2019, 09:57 PM   #317
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Lukraak_Sisser View Post
You'd say Mills has 30+ years of experience with that situation though, so surely he has learned how to do at least that by now?
But even Mills knows that one can only stretch proof by youtube so far. The indications are that he is tooling up for another fringe reset. That takes a lot of prep due to the historical trail of fail.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st April 2019, 03:17 AM   #318
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
Then their quarterly report is a month overdue... Or are they using a metric calendar?
A month overdue, in terms of his usually delivery dates that would count as needing time travel.
Old 1st April 2019, 05:34 AM   #319
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
But even Mills knows that one can only stretch proof by youtube so far. The indications are that he is tooling up for another fringe reset. That takes a lot of prep due to the historical trail of fail.
I do wonder whether this is the biggest obstacle Mills currently faces. Whereas in the past it's been possible to hide and obscure his past, we're now in the age where the internet is deeply embedded into almost everybody's lives. As the saying goes "the internet is forever". So when he announced he had finally got a market ready product in 2008 it was relatively easy to ignore that he had announced a market ready product in 1999. In 2019 it's harder to ignore than he announced a market ready product in 2008. It'll certainly be harder to ignore an announcement from 2016.
Old 1st April 2019, 08:57 AM   #320
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

New claim of continuous generation of 1MW, with 10MW peaks

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology