ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 2nd January 2020, 07:24 AM   #201
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by GlennB View Post
The JASSM has a wingspan of 2.7m, meaning that the body of the missile could pass through a window, leaving only the flimsy (compared to an airliner) alloy wings to damage the columns. So, each missile would need to strike a column exactly head-on and you'd need one missile per column. To cause the observed damage you'd need a swarm of them, but they'd have to strike at different times to avoid colliding with each other while in flight.

You haven't thought this through, have you? Do over!
You haven't read the article, have you?

Quote:
The best way to hit parallel columns would be from the side, otherwise if you targeted them perpendicularly, you’d at best hit one column and possibly pass between two columns, so any competent missile jockey would have targeted them from the side, and that’s what the damage indicates.

At a shallow oblique trajectory, it would be the wing of the missile that impacted first, which is why the cladding at the far left is only scored and pinched, but not severely damaged like the columns were further to the right.
https://911crashtest.org/9-11-truth-...e-shaped-hole/
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2020, 07:41 AM   #202
carlitos
"más divertido"

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2020, 07:49 AM   #203
Disbelief
Master Poster

Originally Posted by yankee451 View Post

That makes no sense with your earlier claim that armor piercing was required. Wouldn't your new claim defeat this purpose?

Quote me where I said conspiracists use evidence. - mchapman
Disbelief is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2020, 08:01 AM   #204
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Disbelief View Post
That makes no sense with your earlier claim that armor piercing was required. Wouldn't your new claim defeat this purpose?
Where did you see that? I say the missiles are designed for penetrating concrete bunkers, not armor.
yankee451 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2020, 08:49 AM   #205
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Where did you see that? I say the missiles are designed for penetrating concrete bunkers, not armor.
You better study up on Pyrophoric Metals Aluminum can be used in Amour pearcing projectiles, but Tungsten works better.
The Aluminum steel main Bulkhead of the aircraft should cut though the perimeter columns like a hot knife though butter.
Crazy Chainsaw is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2020, 08:54 AM   #206
Disbelief
Master Poster

Here:

Originally Posted by yankee451
For many reasons, not the least of which is mostly hollow aluminum jets cannot do what dense-metal penetrating missiles can do, and if they could do, then there would be no need for dense-metal penetrating missiles.
You also said it when you talked about JASSMs, since they have armor piercing warheads. Why would you use a concrete buster to hit structural steel anyway?

Disbelief is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2020, 09:16 AM   #207
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Are you seriously suggesting that a single missile, striking at a shallow angle, could have severed all the exterior columns that were observed to be severed?
Old 2nd January 2020, 09:23 AM   #208
yankee451
Master Poster

Here:

You also said it when you talked about JASSMs, since they have armor piercing warheads. Why would you use a concrete buster to hit structural steel anyway?
Dense metal penetrating warheads refer to bunker busters, which are typically kinetic warheads that detonate (or not) after they have penetrated through the concrete. Armor piercing warheads are typically fitted with a shaped charge for penetration, or with a steel rod in the case of a kinetic warhead, neither of which appear to have been used on the WTC.

As for "why" - I can only assume because JASSMS were not in inventory, providing plausible deniability, they were of the right size and had the capacity to cause the damage they desired, they are stealthy, precise and look like planes. This was surely a practiced maneuver. They knew exactly what to expect from their missiles.

Last edited by yankee451; 2nd January 2020 at 09:25 AM.
Old 2nd January 2020, 09:24 AM   #209
yankee451
Master Poster

Are you seriously suggesting that a single missile, striking at a shallow angle, could have severed all the exterior columns that were observed to be severed?
No.
Old 2nd January 2020, 09:36 AM   #210
GlennB

No.
Then you'll still need multiple missiles flying in tight formation to damage the columns as observed in the time frame observed.
Old 2nd January 2020, 09:37 AM   #211
Disbelief
Master Poster

Dense metal penetrating warheads refer to bunker busters, which are typically kinetic warheads that detonate (or not) after they have penetrated through the concrete. Armor piercing warheads are typically fitted with a shaped charge for penetration, or with a steel rod in the case of a kinetic warhead, neither of which appear to have been used on the WTC.

As for "why" - I can only assume because JASSMS were not in inventory, providing plausible deniability, they were of the right size and had the capacity to cause the damage they desired, they are stealthy, precise and look like planes. This was surely a practiced maneuver. They knew exactly what to expect from their missiles.
Dense metal penetrating warheads though, are not exclusive to bunker busters, hence the confusion in your post. No need for AP to have charges, just dense metal like DU. Case in point is your talking about JASSM, which are not bunker busters.

Old 2nd January 2020, 10:37 AM   #212
Dr.Sid
Master Poster

Loonies don't scare me. People taking them seriously do.
Dr.Sid is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2020, 11:14 AM   #213
yankee451
Master Poster

Then you'll still need multiple missiles flying in tight formation to damage the columns as observed in the time frame observed.
No tight formation needed. They didn't all need to impact simultaneously. Sequentially would suffice. It was all hidden behind the mask layer.
Old 2nd January 2020, 11:16 AM   #214
yankee451
Master Poster

Dense metal penetrating warheads though, are not exclusive to bunker busters, hence the confusion in your post. No need for AP to have charges, just dense metal like DU. Case in point is your talking about JASSM, which are not bunker busters.
Old 2nd January 2020, 11:32 AM   #215
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

No tight formation needed. They didn't all need to impact simultaneously. Sequentially would suffice. It was all hidden behind the mask layer.
From eyewitnesses?

Besides, JASSM did not enter service until 2009 and does not have the accuracy required by your fantasy.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2020, 11:34 AM   #216
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

This is priceless!

You can't be seriously suggesting that thousands of witnesses mistook AGM-158 missiles for Boeing 757/767 airliners?

This image is correctly scaled!

Last edited by smartcooky; 2nd January 2020 at 11:35 AM.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2020, 11:35 AM   #217
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
From eyewitnesses?

Besides, JASSM did not enter service until 2009 and does not have the accuracy required by your fantasy.
Quote:
AGM-86D missile warheads are about 14 inches wide and weigh 1200 lbs, they are big, powerful missiles that have been around for decades.

The smaller AGM-158 looks like a plane and in 2001 no one had ever seen one before, but if someone had seen one it could easily have been mistaken for a small, white plane. JASSMs were being produced for testing and for the Pilot Production models in 2001, but they were not in the military’s inventory at the time. Official production didn’t begin until December of 2001, giving the authorities plausible deniability, but JASSMs used off-the-shelf technology from other tried and true missile systems so there is no question the technology was there. They look like planes, they are stealthy, they can fly in formation, and with planted targeting beacons, their margin of error would be next to zero. If the hole wasn’t cut by cruise missiles such as the JASSM, it was something very similar.
Old 2nd January 2020, 12:02 PM   #218
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
This is priceless!

You can't be seriously suggesting that thousands of witnesses mistook AGM-158 missiles for Boeing 757/767 airliners?
Many people reported seeing and hearing missiles at both Shanksville and the WTC. Anyone who wasn't sure what they saw had a TV shoved in their face. But the TV, and your incredulity, don't change the impact evidence that indicates small projectiles that were at once more massive and dense in some places than they were in other places, struck from the side.
Old 2nd January 2020, 12:05 PM   #219
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

How could you hide it from the thousands of people who actually watched it with their own eyes in new York?
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2020, 12:38 PM   #220
yankee451
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
How could you hide it from the thousands of people who actually watched it with their own eyes in new York?
Quote:
Most people immediately discount missiles because they assume thousands of people would have seen them, and would have reported them to the authorities. This is a circular argument because if missiles were used, then they would have been launched by the authorities the witnesses would have reported them to. There may well have been thousands of witnesses but why would the authorities tell us about them, when they were selling us planes? Even so, early-on some witnesses did report seeing and hearing missiles, as well as no planes, small planes and big planes; but only one of these options can account for the damage.
Old 2nd January 2020, 01:01 PM   #221
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Many people reported seeing and hearing what they thought were missiles at both Shanksville and the WTC.
FTFY

And yet miraculously, not one of them managed to get any of them on video. Hmmm!

Anyone who wasn't sure what they saw had a TV shoved in their face. But the TV, and your incredulity, don't change the impact evidence that indicates small projectiles that were at once more massive and dense in some places than they were in other places, struck from the side.
At and not one of the thousands of people in NYC that day, within direct line-of-sight of the WTC, saw any such thing.

Hmmm, again!

The impact evidence shows no such thing.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2020, 01:16 PM   #222
yankee451
Master Poster

The impact evidence shows no such thing.
Hmm. Now's your chance to explain how that massive wingtip only managed to dent aluminum sheeting before it took a hard turn to the right, increased in size substantially, and struck and sharply bent steel columns in a completely different direction than the alleged wing was traveling. Then maybe you can "fix" Purdue's misinterpretation of this same evidence. According to their cartoon, the wingtip penetrated fully.
Old 2nd January 2020, 01:34 PM   #223
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Hmm. Now's your chance to explain how that massive wingtip only managed to dent aluminum sheeting before it took a hard turn to the right, increased in size substantially, and struck and sharply bent steel columns in a completely different direction than the alleged wing was traveling. Then maybe you can "fix" Purdue's misinterpretation of this same evidence. According to their cartoon, the wingtip penetrated fully.
This has already been explained to you... multiple times!

Here is one of them

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...9#post12939799

In short, the wingtips are NOT massive. Compared with the rest of the wing superstructure, they are relatively weak, as in, physically smaller, of lighter construction with less hard points.

What you have done is simply ignore or handwave away the explanations, possibly because you have zero idea about aircraft construction. Some of us here are, or have been Aeronautical Engineers (I am one of those who have 20 years experience and a degree in this field).

Go away and do a course in Aeronautical Engineering, you might learn something that will inform your harebrained opinions.

Last edited by smartcooky; 2nd January 2020 at 01:35 PM.
Old 2nd January 2020, 01:38 PM   #224
Axxman300
Illuminator

Yankee's threads are comedy gold, especially when he gets to the missiles.

Old 2nd January 2020, 02:22 PM   #225
GlennB

Go away and do a course in Aeronautical Engineering, you might learn something that will inform your harebrained opinions.
Basic physics might be a more realistice starting point.
Old 2nd January 2020, 04:52 PM   #226
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

Quote:
Quote:
Most people immediately discount missiles because they assume thousands of people would have seen them, and would have reported them to the authorities. This is a circular argument because if missiles were used, then they would have been launched by the authorities the witnesses would have reported them to. There may well have been thousands of witnesses but why would the authorities tell us about them, when they were selling us planes? Even so, early-on some witnesses did report seeing and hearing missiles, as well as no planes, small planes and big planes; but only one of these options can account for the damage.
There's no circle involved in saying that missiles would have been reported to the authorities until you complete the circle by saying the authorities to whom the missiles would have been reported are the same folks who launched them. IOW, the only one engaging in a circular argument here is you.

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2020, 04:53 PM   #227
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

So you are just making **** up then?
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2020, 04:57 PM   #228
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

One last question then I’m out.

Yankee, what evidence would you accept that would prove you wrong? Seriously, is there any level of evidence?

If nothing then go get some help.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2020, 06:40 PM   #229
Blue Mountain
Resident Skeptical Hobbit

Hay, yankee541, do you have an answer this question?

Originally Posted by Blue Mountain
A question for yankee541.

American Airlines Flight 11 departed Logan International Airport in Boston at 7:45 AM EST on September 11, 2001 with 81 passengers and 11 crew, bound for Los Angeles International Airport in Los Angeles. The aircraft, passengers, and crew never reached their intended destination.

United Airlines Flight 175 departed Logan International Airport in Boston at 8:14 AM EST on September 11, 2001 with 56 passengers and 9 crew, bound for Los Angeles International Airport in Los Angeles. The aircraft, passengers, and crew never reached their intended destination.

American Airlines Flight 77 departed Washington Dulles International Airport in Dulles, Virginia, at 8:20 AM EST on September 11, 2001 with 58 passengers and 8 crew, bound for Los Angeles International Airport in Los Angeles. The aircraft, passengers, and crew never reached their intended destination.

United Airlines Flight 93 departed Newark International Airport in New Jersey 8:42 AM EST on September 11, 2001 with 33 passengers and 7 crew, bound for San Francisco International Airport in San Francisco. The aircraft, passengers, and crew never reached their intended destination.

Pray tell, in an era where thousands of flights depart and arrive successfully every day, what happened to the 236 people and four aircraft involved with these flights?
The social illusion reigns to-day upon all the heaped-up ruins of the past, and to it belongs the future. The masses have never thirsted after truth. They turn aside from evidence that is not to their taste, preferring to deify error, if error seduce them. Gustav Le Bon, The Crowd, 1895 (from the French)
Canadian or living in Canada? PM me if you want an entry on the list of Canadians on the forum.
Blue Mountain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2020, 06:46 PM   #230
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Seriously? This is what you are going with?

So did CNN launch missiles? MSNBC? Fox News? NYPD? Wapo? NYT?

No-one reported seeing missiles to any news media for one, very simple reason. There weren't any missiles!
Old 2nd January 2020, 07:00 PM   #231
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

I think the conspiracy theorists' view of the world is posterized. Everything is in blocks. Authorities are all one shade, bad guys another, and so forth. The idea that some authorities are not other authorities is unfathomably complex.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2020, 08:10 PM   #232
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
I think the conspiracy theorists' view of the world is posterized. Everything is in blocks. Authorities are all one shade, bad guys another, and so forth. The idea that some authorities are not other authorities is unfathomably complex.
That's an apt profile for no-planers. Stealing it.

It amazes me, even when confronted irrefutable facts, they just argue those facts are in indeed refutable because of [insane theory], or simply ignore the people who bring them up. Like it or not, the existence of those four great ******* airliners and the thousands of people who saw them with their own eyes is irrefutable.

Right Steve?

The better you get, the harder you work.
AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd January 2020, 08:15 PM   #233
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
Its the same with structures such as building and aeroplanes.

Yankee thingks aeroplanes are of equal solidity all over, like a wooden cross - the wings are equally at strong all the way along their length and equally as strong as the fuselage. Anyone trying to convince him otherwise is dismissed as a sheeple or a shill (or both).

Last edited by smartcooky; 2nd January 2020 at 08:27 PM.
Old 3rd January 2020, 12:43 AM   #234
Roger Ramjets
Illuminator

What you have done is simply ignore or handwave away the explanations, possibly because you have zero idea about aircraft construction.
No, that's not it.

The real reason has nothing to do with aircraft construction or any other technical field.

Who believes in conspiracies? New research offers a theory
Quote:
"Our results clearly showed that the strongest predictor of conspiracy belief was a constellation of personality characteristics collectively referred to as 'schizotypy,' Hart said.

Hart's study also showed that conspiracists had distinct cognitive tendencies: they were more likely than nonbelievers to judge nonsensical statements as profound (a tendency known as "BS receptivity").

In turn, they were more likely to say that nonhuman objects -- triangle shapes moving around on a computer screen -- were acting intentionally.

"These people tend to be more suspicious, untrusting, eccentric, needing to feel special, with a tendency to regard the world as an inherently dangerous place," Hart said. "They are also more likely to detect meaningful patterns where they might not exist.
Old 3rd January 2020, 12:48 AM   #235
GlennB

Well, this thread has been useful for me. I've been looking for somewhere to practice my tennis shots and have now learned that soft rubber and felt can't smash much harder glass (which takes diamond to cut it!). So I'm off to the greenhouse to bounce a few groundstrokes off it. Might take a cricket ball along too. Leather's softer than glass, right?
Old 3rd January 2020, 05:02 AM   #236
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

What are cruise missiles wings made of? Something super-hard and hefty, I imagine, so that the wing can score a deep wound into the side of an aluminium clad steel framed building as it rakes across about 60 feet of the wall at a steep angle before the core impacts and makes a bigger hole (and then continues through, punching out on the East side and finally hitting the ground somewhere beyond the East river). I wonder where all the other missile penetrators ended up. How many do you suppose there were in total?

I wonder at what point the bad guys realised it would have been infinitely easier and cheaper to just use a plane. They must be kicking themselves.
Jack by the hedge is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2020, 05:52 AM   #237
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

When your theory violates the known Laws of physics you are the one that needs to explain why the universe took a U Turn into the crazy Zone.
Crazy Chainsaw is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd January 2020, 05:56 AM   #238
Garrison
Illuminator

I like jokes. That's why I'm here.
They aren't laughing with you, they're laughing at you.
Old 3rd January 2020, 06:11 AM   #239
JSanderO
Illuminator

Yankee... You are obviously an intelligent person. You had doubts about the official accounts of 9/11. Nothing wrong with that. My hunch is your "quest" went awry when you didn't seek out competent technical discussions of the destruction of the towers. It seems as if underlying your entire view is that officials ALWAYS lie and lie thoroughly and totally to conceal a nefarious agenda.

I can understand those who don't trust the media for accuracy... we are constantly spun to... we are barraged with advertising and PR. We're flooded with all sorts of material which purports to be accurate.

However, there are resources where people with strong technical backgrounds have drilled down into these building collapses. They have no political agenda... but who doesn't have a political world view? Don't trust NIST... there are many other sources/resources who have explained 9/11 without resorting to FX or bizarre conspiracies. Reality follows the laws of physics and science.

If you want good sound explanations for the details... they are on the www. Be a critical thinker. Show some humility and study so that you can follow the arguments.

Your theories are so outrageous that it is not worth the effort to debate or debunk them. They are self debunking and there is nothing to be learned from your materials. Sorry.
Old 3rd January 2020, 08:42 AM   #240
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
They must be kicking themselves.
That could do real damage. Leather shoes are harder than pants or ass fat; they might punch a hole into the facade.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories