ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old Today, 10:57 AM   #1281
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator

Originally Posted by philippeb8 View Post
Either this journal does not publish novel theories or they will understand it very quickly.
I like how this precludes the option that you are just plain wrong.
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 11:00 AM   #1282
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

I predict they will understand very quickly that it's worthless rubbish.
Old Today, 11:21 AM   #1283
philippeb8
Muse

Originally Posted by Lukraak_Sisser View Post
I like how this precludes the option that you are just plain wrong.

See by yourself if you can...
philippeb8 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 12:46 PM   #1284
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

Either this journal does not publish novel theories or they will understand it very quickly.
Making up some stuff, misapplying other stuff and just packing it all with fudge, ain't a novel theory. Often about 2 or 3 active threads here, where someone is doing exactly that, at any given time.
Old Today, 01:41 PM   #1285
philippeb8
Muse

Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Making up some stuff, misapplying other stuff and just packing it all with fudge, ain't a novel theory. Often about 2 or 3 active threads here, where someone is doing exactly that, at any given time.

Those who rather go back to General Relativity and spend the rest of their lives wondering about wormholes are welcome to. The Earth won’t stop rotating!
philippeb8 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:53 PM   #1286
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

Those who rather go back to General Relativity and spend the rest of their lives wondering about wormholes are welcome to. The Earth won’t stop rotating!
No one need "go back" to something still in use. While you are free to fudge up anything you want you shouldn't welcome it. The issue's not wormholes, the Earth stopping rotation, general relativity or people spending "the rest of their lives wondering". It is your apparent inability to just think critically about your own notions as well your own perceptions of other notions. It is incumbent on you primarily to be the most critical and thus least welcoming of your own notions and perceptions.
Old Today, 04:28 PM   #1287
philippeb8
Muse

No one need "go back" to something still in use. While you are free to fudge up anything you want you shouldn't welcome it. The issue's not wormholes, the Earth stopping rotation, general relativity or people spending "the rest of their lives wondering". It is your apparent inability to just think critically about your own notions as well your own perceptions of other notions. It is incumbent on you primarily to be the most critical and thus least welcoming of your own notions and perceptions.

I hear a lot about how things should be done. In computer science it’s not about how you do things it’s about getting something that works, period.

I’ve done all the hard work which appears to be easy but nobody else has done it yet nonetheless. If you cannot digest the fudge factor and admit GR is the biggest hoax humankind ever experienced then my advice is to change your mind and fast if you want to survive in this jungle.
Old Today, 04:40 PM   #1288
Steve
Philosopher

I hear a lot about how things should be done. In computer science it’s not about how you do things it’s about getting something that works, period.

I’ve done all the hard work which appears to be easy but nobody else has done it yet nonetheless. If you cannot digest the fudge factor and admit GR is the biggest hoax humankind ever experienced then my advice is to change your mind and fast if you want to survive in this jungle.
There is a very mundane reason why nobody has done the “work” that you have done. It has been explained to you numerous times.
Old Today, 05:04 PM   #1289
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

Then actually "getting something that works" is "how you do things". The latter only reinforces the need to "hear a lot about how things should be done" ("getting something that works") in that context. How do you know it's "something that works" unless you test it and try diligently to find its flaws?

Again that's the wrong "hard work", you need to be the stanchest opponent of your own notions first. Otherwise you're just going easy on yourself. You need to do the due diligence. It is incumbent on no one to digest your fudge for you.
Old Today, 05:07 PM   #1290
philippeb8
Muse

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
There is a very mundane reason why nobody has done the “work” that you have done. It has been explained to you numerous times.

Deadlocked conversation here.
Old Today, 05:19 PM   #1291
philippeb8
Muse

Then actually "getting something that works" is "how you do things". The latter only reinforces the need to "hear a lot about how things should be done" ("getting something that works") in that context. How do you know it's "something that works" unless you test it and try diligently to find its flaws?
I did find a flaw in the gravitational redshift and I corrected everything else, remember?

Quote:
Again that's the wrong "hard work", you need to be the stanchest opponent of your own notions first. Otherwise you're just going easy on yourself. You need to do the due diligence. It is incumbent on no one to digest your fudge for you.

There are things that remain unsolved like the quantification of the lateral acceleration but we’re entering quantum physics. And a 21 pages manuscript is good enough for a start.
Old Today, 05:42 PM   #1292
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

I did find a flaw in the gravitational redshift and I corrected everything else, remember?
You used a relation for gravitational potential outside of a body or collection of bodies for what you call a 'gravitational potential' inside the universe (your fudged factor), "remember". You can't even agree with your own assertions and applications, in just fudging.

There are things that remain unsolved like the quantification of the lateral acceleration but we’re entering quantum physics. And a 21 pages manuscript is good enough for a start.
The balderdash of your fudge factor has already been resolved, as a result you've simply entered the realm of quantified bull crap.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology