ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old Today, 01:42 PM   #2881
Michel H
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by TheL8Elvis View Post
You are conflating fencing and a steel barrier.
Trump asked:
Quote:
are you going to approve Border Security which includes a Wall or Steel Barrier?
He did not ask:
Quote:
are you going to approve Border Security which includes a Wall or Steel Slats?
And a normal fence is a kind of steel barrier.

Last edited by Michel H; Today at 01:56 PM.
Michel H is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:49 PM   #2882
Delphic Oracle
Master Poster

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Something to look forward to:

On March 2, the Debt ceiling that Trump suspended in order to hide the cost of the Tax Cuts will be re-instated. It is expected to be ~$1.5 trillion higher than last year same time, and will need to be raised again by Summer to allow the government to function.

I'm curious to see how Trump and Republicans are going to spin this.
Simple: cut social security and medicare.

Nevermind that is a whole other budgeting area that won't change anything.

But that's what they'll propose.
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:52 PM   #2883
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle View Post
Simple: cut social security and medicare.

Nevermind that is a whole other budgeting area that won't change anything.

But that's what they'll propose.
That's what they would have done, and that's one big reason winning back the House was so important. Ain't gonna happen now.
Old Today, 01:53 PM   #2884
Delphic Oracle
Master Poster

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
That's what they would have done, and that's one big reason winning back the House was so important. Ain't gonna happen now.
Why not?

The Senate is where the stalls are happening.
Delphic Oracle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:58 PM   #2885
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle View Post
Why not?

The Senate is where the stalls are happening.
This House will not pass cuts to Social Security or Medicare, and it doesn't look like this House Speaker is gonna tolerate extortion from Trump or the Senate.
Old Today, 02:04 PM   #2886
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Venezuela has broken off diplomatic relations with the USA.

All consular . staff have 72 hours to leave the country

https://www.cnn.com/americas/live-ne...e40474915cbd9f
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:16 PM   #2887
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

trump says

Quote:
SOTU has been cancelled by Pelosi b/c she doesn't want to hear the truth. She doesn't want the public to hear what's going on, & she's afraid of the truth. The radical Dems, what's going on in that party is shocking. I know many people that were Dems & they're switching.
Quote:
It's radical Democrats. They're a radicalized party. I actually think they're a very dangerous party for this country, if you listen to what they're saying, what they're doing. I think they're a very dangerous, very, very dangerous party for this country.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:16 PM   #2888
Steve
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump tweets

The citizens of Venezuela have suffered for too long at the hands of the illegitimate Maduro regime. Today, I have officially recognized the President of the Venezuelan National Assembly, Juan Guaido, as the Interim President of Venezuela.
Venezuela has broken off diplomatic relations with the USA.

All consular . staff have 72 hours to leave the country

https://www.cnn.com/americas/live-ne...e40474915cbd9f
Well that worked out well. Is Trump looking for the distraction of a war? At least Venezuela is easier to get troops to than the middle east. Can't wait to see his new CIC uniform (with all the medals).
Old Today, 02:18 PM   #2889
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Isn't Venezuela the third biggest source of oil imports in to the USA?
Old Today, 02:19 PM   #2890
Stacko
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Well that worked out well. Is Trump looking for the distraction of a war? At least Venezuela is easier to get troops to than the middle east. Can't wait to see his new CIC uniform (with all the medals).
Remember when MAGAdooks told us that Trump wasn't going to be another neo-con?
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:26 PM   #2891
Steve
Illuminator

Isn't Venezuela the third biggest source of oil imports in to the USA?
Pffft! Just stop all those increased oil exports that Trump is so proud of and
there will be lots to go around.

OT: I cannot comprehend the logic of a country both exporting and importing an identical product.
Old Today, 02:30 PM   #2892
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Says

Quote:
So Nancy Pelosi, knowing these facts and knowing that she can’t win, that she just went out and said ‘let’s cancel for the first time in the history of our country, let’s cancel the State of the Union address,'
It’s a disgrace. She used it on the basis of the shutdown. When she asked me to make the address formally in writing, most of you have a copy of the letter, when she asked me to make the address, she did it during the shutdown, well into the shutdown.
Quote:
I think that Chuck Schumer sadly is dominated by the radical left and he’s dominated by Nancy Pelosi. Very strongly dominated. He can’t move. He’s a puppet. A puppet for Nancy Pelosi, if you can believe that.
Old Today, 02:37 PM   #2893
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Pffft! Just stop all those increased oil exports that Trump is so proud of and
there will be lots to go around.

OT: I cannot comprehend the logic of a country both exporting and importing an identical product.
Not all petroleum is the same.... For example, an oil deposit may have a high sulfur content or thicker consistency which requires special refining. Or geography may play a part.

For example, Canada exports huge amounts of oil from Alberta to the united states, but we also import oil from Saudi Arabia for processing in refineries on the east cost. It might make sense for Canada to just keep the oil within Canada and ship it directly from Alberta to the refineries on the east coast, but there are 2 issues:
- The refineries on the east coast don't always have a pipeline supply (and building new pipelines is politically unpopular)
- The oil that we export from Alberta is thicker, and can't be processed in the east coast refineries (which are geared towards handling thinner crude oil)

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:38 PM   #2894
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF

trump says
Well. Seems Trump is now a one party state supporter. A fascist.

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:48 PM   #2895
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Trump Says
"Nancy is kicking me in the mushroom."

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics