ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , NFL incidents , protest incidents , sports controversies , sports incidents , Trump controversies

Old 18th October 2017, 01:04 PM   #841
bytewizard
Graduate Poster

CNN contributor and former NFL receiver Donte Stallworth said Saturday the NFL kneeling protests are also about the "gender pay gap" and "housing discrimination" in addition to police brutality toward minorities and racism.

What better place to find possibly the largest "gender pay gap" and easily correct it? Well in the NFL of course. An NFL player earns on average $27,000 per regular season game. How much do the NFL cheerleaders make per game? $75-$100. Of course the players should make more than the cheerleaders?, but .003 cents for every $1.00? Where is the outrage? At least pay the cheerleaders a nickel for every dollar the players earn. That would equal $1350 per game- the NFL teams can surely afford at least that. If the owners had a true sense of equality and fair play, they would pay the cheerleaders $27,000 per game and set the world on fire with their display of anti-gender gap pay.
bytewizard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2017, 04:19 PM   #842
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by bytewizard View Post
CNN contributor and former NFL receiver Donte Stallworth said Saturday the NFL kneeling protests are also about the "gender pay gap" and "housing discrimination" in addition to police brutality toward minorities and racism.

What better place to find possibly the largest "gender pay gap" and easily correct it? Well in the NFL of course. An NFL player earns on average $27,000 per regular season game. How much do the NFL cheerleaders make per game? $75-$100. Of course the players should make more than the cheerleaders?, but .003 cents for every $1.00? Where is the outrage? At least pay the cheerleaders a nickel for every dollar the players earn. That would equal $1350 per game- the NFL teams can surely afford at least that. If the owners had a true sense of equality and fair play, they would pay the cheerleaders $27,000 per game and set the world on fire with their display of anti-gender gap pay.

If you meant this to be an entry submission for the False Equivalency Championship of the Universe™ you have my vote.
Old 18th October 2017, 05:31 PM   #843
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

NFL commissioner Gooden said today he thinks that NFL players should stand for the anthem, but there will not be a rule punishing them if they don't.
I suspect the Players Union warned him that such a rule would result in a long and brusing court room battle on First Amendment grounds, and Gooden decided the wrath of Trump was better then that.

I suspect the protest will burn themselves out, anyway.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2017, 05:33 PM   #844
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Darth Rotor View Post
The NFL and Trump have a bit of a history. Mid 1980's. I well remember that court case. The odds that the NFL is going to play nice with Mr Trump are sort of small.
Oh, I 100% believe that payback is a major reason Trump keeps flogging this issue,

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2017, 07:08 PM   #845
C_Felix
Master Poster

I guess this should go here:

http://www.latimes.com/business/hilt...018-story.html

Trump, according to the text of Kaepernick’s grievance complaint, “has been an organizing force” in the joint decision by the league’s 32 owners to deny the quarterback even a tryout.
Old 18th October 2017, 08:05 PM   #846
BobTheCoward
Philosopher

Originally Posted by C_Felix View Post
I guess this should go here:

http://www.latimes.com/business/hilt...018-story.html

Trump, according to the text of Kaepernick’s grievance complaint, “has been an organizing force” in the joint decision by the league’s 32 owners to deny the quarterback even a tryout.
Read it. That's it? That is what he has got? He lost. He has nothing that hints at collusion.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2017, 08:47 PM   #847
Darth Rotor
Suspended

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Oh, I 100% believe that payback is a major reason Trump keeps flogging this issue,
All he has to do to pay them back is to give them 3 dollars. (read up on the details of the court case if necessary ..)
NFL commissioner Gooden said today he thinks that NFL players should stand for the anthem, but there will not be a rule punishing them if they don't.
Gooden pitched for the Mets (and he pitched very well), while Goodell is the NFL Comish.
Darth Rotor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2017, 08:35 AM   #848
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

I suspect the Players Union warned him that such a rule would result in a long and brusing court room battle on First Amendment grounds, and Gooden decided the wrath of Trump was better then that..
Maybe, but I think a more important factor was that Jerry Jones wasn't there.

Jones has been the one spouting off the loudest. He is, of course, a vocal Trump supporter.

I think you are seeing that most of the owners aren't feeling the same way. Without Jones around, it's not an issue.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics