ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags hurricanes , natural disasters , Puerto Rico incidents

Old 27th October 2017, 12:18 PM   #321
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by Civet View Post
More reporting on the Whitefish contract. FEMA's saying they never reviewed the contract even though the contract language states that they did. White House is saying this was all PREPA. Gonna be interesting to see how this all plays out.
And no matter what happens, PR caught in the middle. Beautiful.

Argumemnon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2017, 12:20 PM   #322
JoeBentley
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
Trump's pretty good at it, no doubt about that, but he does have help from the currently extremely-charged and polarised political climate.
Trump is certainly... a result of a very specific set of political situations yes.

A "Trump" can't happen often.

"Hating a bad thing does not make you good." - David Wong
JoeBentley is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2017, 12:22 PM   #323
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by JoeBentley View Post
Trump is certainly... a result of a very specific set of political situations yes.

A "Trump" can't happen often.
The right "Trump" need only happen once. This one might not be it, but the next might do in US democracy.

Argumemnon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2017, 12:24 PM   #324
JoeBentley
Self Employed
Remittance Man

And no matter what happens, PR caught in the middle. Beautiful.
That's a point that gets missed to much.

As good as it feels this isn't the time for Schadenfreude and gleeful "I told you so"-ism. I have Liberal friends (and had Conservative friends that were the same way during Obama) that simply are not happy unless "the other side" is messing up.

I'm not. I want Trump to succeed (for very certain definitions of "succeed") because him succeeding is what's best for the country. I don't want to see things get worse and worse just because that proves "My side" right.

JoeBentley is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2017, 12:28 PM   #325
JoeBentley
Self Employed
Remittance Man

The right "Trump" need only happen once. This one might not be it, but the next might do in US democracy.
Maybe I'm being a Pollyanna but I don't think the system is that broken yet. Not to make light of the... problem we're in right now but it's still a system I want to save, not to bury.

Trump is a symptom, not a cause. I don't think we as a people are that far gone yet.

To use a loose metaphor Trump is the fever burning the last of the infection out.

And to be fair maybe I'm just burnt out on all the "OMG My Side Didn't Get It's Way 10000% of the Time Ergo We are All Doomed!" arguments that I wouldn't see the reality of that in time. I'm not discounting that possibility.

But every President in my lifetime was the worst President ever who's going to destroy democracy according to the other side.

Balancing a warning sign with "The Boy Who Cried Wolf" is not the easiest thing to do.

Old 27th October 2017, 12:32 PM   #326
Stacko
Philosopher

Que?

Quote:
Funeral directors and crematoriums are being permitted by the Puerto Rican government to burn the bodies of people who died as a result of Hurricane Maria — without those people being counted in the official death toll.

The funeral home and crematorium directors told BuzzFeed News that they had received dozens of bodies of people who died of hurricane-related causes — just the cases from these two municipalities would potentially more than double the death toll if they were included. The Forensic Institute permitted the bodies of at least 42 potential hurricane victims to be burned, according to one crematorium director.

Puerto Rico’s safety department says the funeral and crematorium directors should send any potential hurricane-related victims to the institute before they’re burned — but admit they haven’t actually officially communicated that to them.

John Mutter, a professor of earth sciences and public affairs at Columbia University who studied how the death count was handled after Hurricane Katrina, said Puerto Rico’s procedures seem to be “deliberately trying to keep the numbers low,” which he called “unconscionable.” Other experts called it a failure of bureaucracy.
This makes no sense.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2017, 12:48 PM   #327
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

White House is saying this was all PREPA.
It is said of the desk in the Oval Office, "The buck stops here."

I think Mr. Trump got confused due to the multiple possible meanings of the words in that phrase.
Meadmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2017, 01:45 PM   #328
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

New report from on-the-ground in Puerto Rico.

Still no power. Three miles north of San Juan. They have been told to expect power by February.

This is not the sticks. Commercial and residential. San Juan Metropolitan Area.

Stores and homes with power are using generators, if they have them and can keep them running.

I am beginning to question the reports of 20-25% power restored.
Old 27th October 2017, 02:20 PM   #329
JoeBentley
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
But the people there are still brown right?

(For the record, that was sarcasm)

Old 27th October 2017, 02:40 PM   #330
dann
Illuminator

Still no power. Three miles north of San Juan. They have been told to expect power by February.
In comparison to a neighborhood in Havana, September 14, 2017:
Quote:
After four days without electricity, hundreds of residents from the Santos Suarez neighborhood took to the street in protest on Thursday.
http://www.havanatimes.org/?p=127278
Read the comments to the article in Havana Times!
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx

Last edited by dann; 27th October 2017 at 02:42 PM.
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2017, 02:42 PM   #331
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by dann View Post
In comparison to a neighborhood in Havana, September 14, 2017:

Yes but they lack Cuban wealth, know-how and can-do attitude, to say nothing of the entrepreneurial approach that Cuba has fostered over the last 50 years.
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2017, 02:57 PM   #332
dann
Illuminator

Me dicen Cuba!
Quote:
Un cubano de verdad da la vida por su tierra
Vive de frente y derecho, preparado pa'l combate

A true Cuban gives his life for his land
Live front and right, prepared for combat
I look forward to going to a concert with this band tomorrow night!
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

PS Of course, the Cubans could do without the necessities that force them to adopt this extreme version of nationalism: 'gives his life for his land' ...
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx

Last edited by dann; 27th October 2017 at 03:04 PM.
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2017, 03:09 PM   #333
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by JoeBentley View Post
Maybe I'm being a Pollyanna but I don't think the system is that broken yet. Not to make light of the... problem we're in right now but it's still a system I want to save, not to bury.

Trump is a symptom, not a cause. I don't think we as a people are that far gone yet.
I don't usually go for cynicism but I don't think things are set to improve.

Old 27th October 2017, 06:03 PM   #334
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Stores and homes with power are using generators, if they have them and can keep them running.

I am beginning to question the reports of 20-25% power restored.
I read about the percentages being reported with water. If there is some source of potable water, it counts. The example given was a village where they have set up a large tank, and residents can come and fill containers. Every day, trucks go to a nearby town to fill some sort of very large container, the story wasn't clear. Then they drive that container to the village, and dump it in the tank. That village is listed as having drinkable water.
Meadmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2017, 09:31 AM   #335
Stacko
Philosopher

The Daily Beast got their hands on Whitefish's contract.
Whitefish contract states, "In no event shall [government bodies] have the right to audit or review the cost and profit elements." Wow.

Incredible: Whitefish contract states Puerto Rican govt "waives any claim against Contractor related to delayed completion of work."
That is an insanely sweethearted deal they got.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2017, 10:38 AM   #336
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stacko View Post

IIRC... the Gov said they won the job because they weren't requiring substantial up-front monies, something I'd expect would be common in these recovery/rebuild efforts, but whatever.

So my question is... where is tiny Whitefish getting their financing?
Until last month, they were a two year old, two man, shoestring outfit.

Jeez... this is like giving the entire NFL uniform production job to someone on Etsy.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.

Last edited by Jim_MDP; 28th October 2017 at 10:42 AM.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2017, 02:21 PM   #337
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

The White House line is that the contract was solely a deal by PREPA, with no administration involvement. That's fine, but if true it means they were laying down on the job. Was PREPA forced to go with a second rate firm, incapable of managing such a project, because they couldn't scare up 25 million dollars in front money, and only the second string player Whitefish was willing to do it? Someone in the White House should have known that was what was going on, and made sure PREPA knew that shouldn't be a consideration. The administration should have been there slicing through red tape to get the job done in the best way possible.

And again, I don't want to blame everything bad that happens on Trump, just because I don't like Trump, but this is a perfect illustration of why sometimes the only person who can get something done is the president. It needed to be done. He was the only one who could do it. He didn't do it. Sorry, Mr. President, but it really is your fault.
Old 28th October 2017, 03:05 PM   #338
Stacko
Philosopher

1400 containers of food are sitting in US ports, waiting to be shipped to Puerto Rico.

Quote:
Ricky Castro is a food and beverage wholesaler and president of Puerto Rico’s Chamber of Food Marketing, Industry and Distribution, known as MIDA, which boasts 200 members across the island. This month MIDA conducted an informal survey of 15 members and found there are roughly 1,400 containers of their provisions sitting in U.S. ports, waiting to be shipped to Puerto Rico.

Mr. Castro attributes the delay to the Jones Act, which mandates that U.S.-flagged, -built and -manned carriers conduct all shipping between U.S. ports. This means an oligopoly of three companies—Crowley Maritime Corp., TOTE Maritime and Trailer Bridge Inc.—conduct the vast majority of the protected trade between the mainland and the island, at inflated costs on aging ships. The ocean-going Jones Act fleet numbers a mere 99 vessels, compared to thousands available from foreign-flagged carriers.
Old 28th October 2017, 03:12 PM   #339
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
The White House line is that the contract was solely a deal by PREPA, with no administration involvement. That's fine, but if true it means they were laying down on the job. Was PREPA forced to go with a second rate firm, incapable of managing such a project, because they couldn't scare up 25 million dollars in front money, and only the second string player Whitefish was willing to do it? Someone in the White House should have known that was what was going on, and made sure PREPA knew that shouldn't be a consideration. The administration should have been there slicing through red tape to get the job done in the best way possible.

And again, I don't want to blame everything bad that happens on Trump, just because I don't like Trump, but this is a perfect illustration of why sometimes the only person who can get something done is the president. It needed to be done. He was the only one who could do it. He didn't do it. Sorry, Mr. President, but it really is your fault.

I'd feel a little bit more sanguine about the plausibility of these disconnects if this out-of-the-blue outfit wasn't personal buddies with Trump's Secretary of the Interior, who is known to have gotten a contract for them just last year, and whose son had worked for them.

Did these guys just happen to pick up the phone and make an offer to the Governor of Puerto Rico that he couldn't refuse? All on their own with no prompting? It doesn't seem like the sort of thing they have any past history of.

In fact, they don't seem to have a past history of very much at all.

One would think it needed more than an offer of credit to get sole consideration for a project of this magnitude.

Last edited by quadraginta; 28th October 2017 at 03:14 PM.
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2017, 03:20 PM   #340
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

1400 containers of food are sitting in US ports, waiting to be shipped to Puerto Rico.

Quote:
Ricky Castro is a food and beverage wholesaler and president of Puerto Rico’s Chamber of Food Marketing, Industry and Distribution, known as MIDA, which boasts 200 members across the island. This month MIDA conducted an informal survey of 15 members and found there are roughly 1,400 containers of their provisions sitting in U.S. ports, waiting to be shipped to Puerto Rico.

Mr. Castro attributes the delay to the Jones Act, which mandates that U.S.-flagged, -built and -manned carriers conduct all shipping between U.S. ports. This means an oligopoly of three companies—Crowley Maritime Corp., TOTE Maritime and Trailer Bridge Inc.—conduct the vast majority of the protected trade between the mainland and the island, at inflated costs on aging ships. The ocean-going Jones Act fleet numbers a mere 99 vessels, compared to thousands available from foreign-flagged carriers

Meanwhile, people are ordering and receiving shipments from friends, and from Amazon.
Old 28th October 2017, 04:02 PM   #341
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Wasn't there a bit of White House feel-good BS that Trump only delayed signing the waiver because it's short-lived and they didn't want it to run out before the ships could make port?

Sign it again you ass.

"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 28th October 2017, 04:28 PM   #342
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
Wasn't there a bit of White House feel-good BS that Trump only delayed signing the waiver because it's short-lived and they didn't want it to run out before the ships could make port?

Sign it again you ass.

There was never any intention that their short-lived suspension of the Jones Act was meant to actually do any good for Puerto Rico, only that they'd be able to say that they had done it.
Old 28th October 2017, 08:43 PM   #343
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

IIRC... the Gov said they won the job because they weren't requiring substantial up-front monies, something I'd expect would be common in these recovery/rebuild efforts, but whatever.

So my question is... where is tiny Whitefish getting their financing?
Until last month, they were a two year old, two man, shoestring outfit.

Jeez... this is like giving the entire NFL uniform production job to someone on Etsy.
Wouldn't surprise me to find the gov and/or some other officials lined up to get kickbacks. Not sure Trump has anything to do with this at all. More like it's just the circles he runs in. There are a lot of crooks in the crowd.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2017, 08:10 AM   #344
Mycroft
High Priest of Ed

There was never any intention that their short-lived suspension of the Jones Act was meant to actually do any good for Puerto Rico, only that they'd be able to say that they had done it.
That's most likely true.
Mycroft is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2017, 09:12 AM   #345
dann
Illuminator

Quote:

Mr. Castro attributes the delay to the Jones Act, which mandates that U.S.-flagged, -built and -manned carriers conduct all shipping between U.S. ports. This means an oligopoly of three companies—Crowley Maritime Corp., TOTE Maritime and Trailer Bridge Inc.—conduct the vast majority of the protected trade between the mainland and the island, at inflated costs on aging ships. The ocean-going Jones Act fleet numbers a mere 99 vessels, compared to thousands available from foreign-flagged carriers.
That sounds even worse than the embargo/el bloqueo against Cuba. Is somebody unable to tell the Castros apart?
Old 29th October 2017, 09:18 AM   #346
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

I'd feel a little bit more sanguine about the plausibility of these disconnects if this out-of-the-blue outfit wasn't personal buddies with Trump's Secretary of the Interior, who is known to have gotten a contract for them just last year, and whose son had worked for them.

Did these guys just happen to pick up the phone and make an offer to the Governor of Puerto Rico that he couldn't refuse? All on their own with no prompting? It doesn't seem like the sort of thing they have any past history of.

In fact, they don't seem to have a past history of very much at all.

One would think it needed more than an offer of credit to get sole consideration for a project of this magnitude.
One thing I was getting at is that even if this isn't corruption, it's incompetence.

It would be very surprising indeed if cronyism or corruption played absolutely no part in awarding a 300 million dollar contract to a very small firm that just happened to be from a cabinet secretary's home town, but let's pretend that it didn't. Let's pretend that the contract was awarded for exactly the reasons it was said it was awarded. If that is the case, then the Trump administration dropped the ball. There's a humanitarian crisis going on. Public utilities shouldn't be forced to make less than optimal arrangements to fix that humanitarian crisis just because an expensive and unqualified company is the only one willing to take the deal without up front cash. That "up front cash" part is something that was easily fixed by some guy in an Oval Office.
Old 29th October 2017, 10:57 AM   #347
Thermal
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
One thing I was getting at is that even if this isn't corruption, it's incompetence.

It would be very surprising indeed if cronyism or corruption played absolutely no part in awarding a 300 million dollar contract to a very small firm that just happened to be from a cabinet secretary's home town, but let's pretend that it didn't. Let's pretend that the contract was awarded for exactly the reasons it was said it was awarded. If that is the case, then the Trump administration dropped the ball. There's a humanitarian crisis going on. Public utilities shouldn't be forced to make less than optimal arrangements to fix that humanitarian crisis just because an expensive and unqualified company is the only one willing to take the deal without up front cash. That "up front cash" part is something that was easily fixed by some guy in an Oval Office.

^^^This^^^

Previously known as MostlyDead. Feeling better now.
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th October 2017, 07:59 PM   #348
Thermal
Master Poster

Adios, Whitefish.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/29/puer...-contract.html

Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd November 2017, 01:54 AM   #349
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

I suppose the departure of Whitefish is one solitary bright spot in an otherwise dismal tale.

It seems that the US has got bored of Puerto Rico and/or there is so much other juicy stuff going on that it's slipped out of public consciousness

I hope that the Trump Administration and the GOP in general is held to account when the final analysis of this mess is complete.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd November 2017, 08:05 AM   #350
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Latest report from on the ground.

Still no power in a residential/commercial district three miles north of San Juan.

The 30% power restored seems to be limited to government buildings, (some) hospitals, and ...wait for it ... shopping malls.

Mrs' qg's PT had some nice video her son had sent her of people crowding a shopping mall because it had power ... and the AC to go with that.
Old 9th November 2017, 04:26 PM   #351
Stacko
Philosopher

The repairs made by Whitefish failed.

Quote:
The failure took place in the same transmission line that had been repaired previously by Whitefish Energy, a Montana firm recently under scrutiny for a $300 million contract to restore power on the island. The deal was later canceled by the Puerto Rico government after being publicly criticized by officials.

The current outage is not tied to the previous work, said Whitefish spokesperson Chris Chiames. "None of the issues reported today with the outage have anything to do with the repairs Whitefish Energy performed."
Old 10th November 2017, 09:31 AM   #352
Hellbound
Merchant of Doom

So apparently, it instead involves the repairs Whitefish didn't do.

Not sure if that makes me feel better or not.
Hellbound is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2017, 10:31 AM   #353
Civet
Graduate Poster

Any word on who replaced Whitefish? PREPA always indicated that part of the reason they were chosen was difficulty finding and affording other contractors. I'm curious as to how they're resolving that problem.
Civet is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2017, 02:51 PM   #354
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Any word on who replaced Whitefish? PREPA always indicated that part of the reason they were chosen was difficulty finding and affording other contractors. I'm curious as to how they're resolving that problem.

The pet Governor had his nose so far up Trump's backside it was nauseating... but that doesn't mean he won't get thrown under the bus.

Or will Sarah inform us it's the ebil Dems fault for complaining, and getting Whitefish sacked?

Or will it be Obama's fault?

Old 11th November 2017, 10:54 AM   #355
Thermal
Master Poster

TJ Maxx is reported to be continuing to pay all it's employees in PR even though the stores remain closed. Candle in the dark.

Old 11th November 2017, 09:18 PM   #356
Thermal
Master Poster

Forgot to include link: TJX has 29 stores in PR, including TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Homegoods, and all employees getting paid despite closed stores.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/07/us/tjm...rricanes-trnd/

Old 11th November 2017, 09:25 PM   #357
phiwum
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Forgot to include link: TJX has 29 stores in PR, including TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Homegoods, and all employees getting paid despite closed stores.

Good for them.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2017, 10:45 PM   #358
Mycroft
High Priest of Ed

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
Good for them.
Agreed.
Mycroft is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2017, 10:56 PM   #359
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

The pet Governor had his nose so far up Trump's backside it was nauseating... but that doesn't mean he won't get thrown under the bus.

Or will Sarah inform us it's the ebil Dems fault for complaining, and getting Whitefish sacked?

Or will it be Obama's fault?
Hillary is behind the scenes, cold bloodedly making things go bad to try to make the Republicans look bad.

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post

Indeed, good for them.
Old 13th November 2017, 07:21 AM   #360
rwguinn
Penultimate Amazing

Why is Puerto Rico still in the news? I mean, hundreds of people i know have sent truckloads of prayers that way...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I pointed out that his argument was wrong in every particular, but he rightfully took me to task for attacking only the weak points." Myriad http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?postid=6853275#post6853275
rwguinn is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events