ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags cancer

Old 4th November 2017, 01:16 AM   #241
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
Ok in english.

How force, energy and matter were PRIMARILY created? Later, such creation or destruction is not anticipated but It should had been created at prime level. Tks.
We dont know. We dont even know if they were created.
Hans
Old 4th November 2017, 01:21 AM   #242
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Hans
If we do not know prime of everything it will mean, we know nothing.
Old 4th November 2017, 01:49 AM   #243
fagin
Illuminator

Yeah right.
Old 4th November 2017, 01:59 AM   #244
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

We know lots of things, Kumar. Many of them with a high enough degree of certainty to take them as fact. We just don't know everything.
Old 4th November 2017, 02:04 AM   #245
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Hans
If we do not know, should we base it:
Quote:
Cannot Naturally Be Created or Destroyed
Evidence for Creation › Evidence from Science › Evidence from the Physical Sciences › The Universe Is Stable» Next

One of most basic laws of science is the Law of the Conservation of Energy. Energy cannot be created or destroyed; it can only be changed from one form to another.

Energy is not currently being created. The universe could not have created itself using natural processes because nature did not exist before the universe came into existence. Something beyond nature must have created all the energy and matter that is observed today. Present measures of energy are immeasurably enormous, indicating a power source so great that "infinite" is the best word we have to describe it.

The logical conclusion is that our supernatural Creator with infinite power created the universe. There is no energy source capable to originate what we observe today.
http://www.icr.org/law-conservation/
Old 4th November 2017, 02:05 AM   #246
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
We know lots of things, Kumar. Many of them with a high enough degree of certainty to take them as fact. We just don't know everything.
But at least, "abc" you should know.
Old 4th November 2017, 02:10 AM   #247
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

No, we shouldn't base it on such manifest drivel.

This looks much more plausible:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-energy_universe

Quote:
The zero-energy universe hypothesis proposes that the total amount of energy in the universe is exactly zero: its amount of positive energy in the form of matter is exactly canceled out by its negative energy in the form of gravity.[1][2]
Old 4th November 2017, 02:15 AM   #248
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

No, we shouldn't base it on such manifest drivel.

This looks much more plausible:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-energy_universe
It does not tell how energy, force & matters are primarily created.
Old 4th November 2017, 02:22 AM   #249
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

That's because we don't know, Kumar.

The article does explain why the claim in your quote that an infinite power source is required is wrong.
Old 4th November 2017, 04:54 AM   #250
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

That's because we don't know, Kumar.

The article does explain why the claim in your quote that an infinite power source is required is wrong.
When we do not know even prime ones, we lose all right to comment on anything.
Old 4th November 2017, 05:08 AM   #251
Mojo
Mostly harmless

But at least, "abc" you should know.

We do. You claim that we don't, but you are wrong.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky

Last edited by Mojo; 4th November 2017 at 05:11 AM.
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2017, 05:13 AM   #252
Mojo
Mostly harmless

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2017, 05:20 AM   #253
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Kumar that is nonsense, and you know it.

Hans
Old 4th November 2017, 05:23 AM   #254
halleyscomet
Philosopher

The queen of the fey received a cosmic egg from a time traveling magician. He traded it for his freedom when he’d accidentally accepted a gift from her in her realm, obligating him to her.

She hatched the cosmic egg, creating our current universe. Ironically, the time traveling magician came from the universe that hatched from the egg.

Nobody knows for sure where the cosmic egg came from in the first place. The magician got it from a goblin who was being tight-lipped about where HE got it.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2017, 05:26 AM   #255
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Really, Kumar. OK, then. I shall ask you if you know the prime of every subject you bring up, and if you dont know the prime, I shall conclude you have no right to comnent.

.....Are you sure you want to go there?

Hans
Old 4th November 2017, 05:26 AM   #256
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Then step away from the computer. By your own logic since you do not understand how computers are manufactured and where all the component elements come from, you are not permitted to use one.

Every post you make from here on out reveals you as an ever greater hypocrite.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2017, 05:27 AM   #257
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Really, Kumar. OK, then. I shall ask you if you know the prime of every subject you bring up, and if you dont know the prime, I shall conclude you have no right to comnent.

Hans

He already has. By his own logic his lack of knowledge about the origin of the universe means he can say nothing about any topic. Stating his favorite color has just become a hypocritical act.
Old 4th November 2017, 06:01 AM   #258
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Hans
I try to achieve that level, so discuss. If I shall achieve that, there may not be any need of dicussions on that. Now I shall try to find its science logically, otherwise we may have accept supernatural's existance.
Old 4th November 2017, 06:04 AM   #259
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
We do. You claim that we don't, but you are wrong.
If so, give awnser my question about force, energy and matter's prime creation
Old 4th November 2017, 06:37 AM   #260
fagin
Illuminator

I try to achieve that level, so discuss. If I shall achieve that, there may not be any need of dicussions on that. Now I shall try to find its science logically, otherwise we may have accept supernatural's existance.
One thing does not equal the other.
Old 4th November 2017, 09:32 AM   #261
halleyscomet
Philosopher

I already did. I gave you an explanation as good as or better than any you are likely to come up with.

As you have, through your arguments, conceded the high ground and authority to me, I declare unambiguously that homeopathy is crap. It doesn’t work and anyone saying otherwise is deliberately lying, a mislead and gullible fool, or just plain ignorant.
Old 4th November 2017, 01:26 PM   #262
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

If YOU don't find it's science, WE must accept it is supernatural? Are you crazy?

WE know the science. If YOU son't understand it, ... it's your problem.

Hans
Old 4th November 2017, 04:24 PM   #263
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Ghosts and related are exactly as real as effective homeopathy - which is to say neither is real. Both are made up stuff. It is easy to make up stuff but it is much better to science it. This has been well and fully explained to you yet you seem unable to recognize reality!!!!

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2017, 06:21 PM   #264
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

If YOU don't find it's science, WE must accept it is supernatural? Are you crazy?

WE know the science. If YOU son't understand it, ... it's your problem.

Hans
How we shall define that which is yet beyond scientific understandings eg creation of Force, Energy & Matter, a b c of understandings.
Old 4th November 2017, 06:22 PM   #265
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
One thing does not equal the other.
At prime level, all things may be same.
Old 4th November 2017, 07:12 PM   #266
Peregrinus
Muse

How we shall define that which is yet beyond scientific understandings eg creation of Force, Energy & Matter, a b c of understandings.
There seems no possible way of showing you the circularity of your own not knowing.
Peregrinus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2017, 09:08 PM   #267
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

At prime level, all things may be same.
Prove it!!!- Note you have never proven a single item you have claimed here. This is simply another one you cannot prove in any way.

Wash this space!

fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2017, 01:33 AM   #268
Mojo
Mostly harmless

It was sneezed out of the nose of the Great Green Arkleseizure.

Old 5th November 2017, 06:15 AM   #269
halleyscomet
Philosopher

None of those things are beyond the understanding of science. You just can’t be arsed to learn the science because it conflicts with your magical beliefs.

You are arrogantly and narcissistically confusing your own lack of understanding with science. YOUR limitations are not EVERYONE’S limitations.
Old 5th November 2017, 12:44 PM   #270
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

We can define the extent of ignorance about science in that post as quite enormous and irrelevant. We know what creates force, energy and matter .
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2017, 12:55 PM   #271
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Ok in english. ...
The answer is the question is "PRIMARILY" nonsense, and irrelevant !
Energy is a property of a system. It always exists.
Forces are an interaction between objects. They always exist.
Matter is a arrangement of atoms, etc. It always exist.

However in the totally irrelevant field of cosmology, we do not know the origin of matter.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2017, 01:06 PM   #272
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

It is very easy, if you know the science.

Hans.
Old 5th November 2017, 07:53 PM   #273
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Since you are suggesting it, should I take it as scientific and also such other understandings?
Old 5th November 2017, 07:56 PM   #274
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

It is very easy, if you know the science.

Hans.
This one?
Anyway, whether transformation of energy into different forms could yet be fully understood in science?

Whether atoms are just aggregation of energy or elementary particles?
Old 5th November 2017, 08:05 PM   #275
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

MPOVs.
Moron posting obnoxious vagaries?

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2017, 08:23 PM   #276
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
Moron posting obnoxious vagaries?
Mendacity preferred over veracity.

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2017, 08:28 PM   #277
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Anyway, ...
The usual ignorant and irrelevant questions.
Conservation (transformations) of energy are understood in science.
Atoms are "aggregation of elementary particles" (electrons, quarks, etc.) as most school children know !

Last edited by Reality Check; 5th November 2017 at 08:29 PM.
Old 5th November 2017, 08:42 PM   #278
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
Mendacity preferred over veracity.
I like yours better! Salud!

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2017, 09:24 PM   #279
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

I am pretty sure it was actually farted out (of the usual place involved) of the Great and Powerful Rakumba Beast as a perfect cure for what ales you!!!!!

Wash this space!

Old 6th November 2017, 01:40 AM   #280
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
I am pretty sure it was actually farted out (of the usual place involved) of the Great and Powerful Rakumba Beast as a perfect cure for what ales you!!!!!

Since you are suggesting it, should I take it as scientific and also such other understandings?

How would you choose between the two suggestions quoted here?

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology