ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags cancer

Old 6th November 2017, 01:41 AM   #281
Mojo
Mostly harmless

And, Kumar, what has all this to do with the scientific foundations of homoeopathy?

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2017, 01:54 AM   #282
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mojo View Post
And, Kumar, what has all this to do with the scientific foundations of homoeopathy?
Except it, every other thing is relevant.
Old 6th November 2017, 02:04 AM   #283
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
This one?

Anyway, whether transformation of energy into different forms could yet be fully understood in science?

Whether atoms are just aggregation of energy or elementary particles?
Kumar, if you want a course in nuclear physics I suggest you enroll in some university.

Hans
Old 6th November 2017, 02:12 AM   #284
Filippo Lippi
Master Poster

All Kumar threads are but one thread
Filippo Lippi is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2017, 02:46 AM   #285
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MRC_Hans View Post
Kumar, if you want a course in nuclear physics I suggest you enroll in some university.

Hans
How then we shall be able to discuss?

Is there any difference in effect giving property by a single wave and long wave consisting of many waves? How we see multiple waves in an image?
Old 6th November 2017, 03:40 AM   #286
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Is there any difference in effect giving property by a single wave and long wave consisting of many waves? How we see multiple waves in an image?
Electromagnetics, now? And optics?

Kumar, you are the embodyment of the proverb "one fool can ask more questions than seven wise men can answer".

What is the purpose of these questions?

Why do you want to know about energy/matter conversion? - It has nothing to do with homeopathy.

Why do you want to know about primary particles? - It has nothing to do with homeopathy.

Waves? Nothing to do with homeopathy.

Optics? Do you want I explain how the eye detects an image? I can, but .... why?

How shall we be able to discuss? Discussion is an interchange between people who have knowledge of what they are discussing. It is not somebody asking questions they don't really understand themselves and making uninformed guesses based on the fraction of the words they understand in the answers.

Hans

Last edited by MRC_Hans; 6th November 2017 at 03:43 AM.
MRC_Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2017, 03:58 AM   #287
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

A meaningful discussion of any topic requires the participants to have some knowledge and understanding of the topic. Imparting that basic knowledge and understanding to someone who does not yet possess it is not discussion, it's teaching. This is a discussion board, not a teaching board. If you want to discuss any topic here it's your responsibility to first acquire sufficient knowledge and understanding of it to be able to participate in such a discussion.
Old 6th November 2017, 07:03 AM   #288
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Since you are suggesting it, should I take it as scientific and also such other understandings?
If you're just going to lazily phone in your replies, at least use and interesting phone.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

I'm starting to suspect Kumar has me blocked.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2017, 07:07 AM   #289
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Hans
Based upon Kumar's demonstrated physics comprehension level I think a university course is a bit ambitious. This book may be a better starting point.

Physics I For Dummies

Last edited by halleyscomet; 6th November 2017 at 07:08 AM.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2017, 07:57 AM   #290
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Ooooooooooooooooooor: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...cs+Paul+Hewitt

Conceptual Physics by Paul Hewitt

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2017, 08:17 AM   #291
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

I felt, at least some members do not do TTTTs. Anyway, discussions of H are already over sometimes back and shall not be prefered by me. So do not perceive it. I shall take other issues. Tks.
Old 6th November 2017, 08:21 AM   #292
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

I felt, at least some members do not do TTTTs. Anyway, discussions of H are already over sometimes back and shall not be prefered by me. So do not perceive it. I shall take other issues. Tks.
Feel free not to bother!!!!!

Wash this space!

fuelair is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2017, 08:36 AM   #293
halleyscomet
Philosopher

Dude, why are you bringing Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome into this?
Old 6th November 2017, 08:55 AM   #294
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Is that post meant to make some kind of sense? Try again in English.

I love this world, but not for its answers. (Mary Oliver)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2017, 09:26 AM   #295
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

If we do not know prime of everything it will mean, we know nothing.
Well, it seems the universe disagrees with you.
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2017, 09:28 AM   #296
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

It does not tell how energy, force & matters are primarily created.
The universe has inconveniently put that where we can't see it, on the 'other side' of the big bang event. It is a big "We don't know"
Never underestimate the power of the Random Number God. More of evolutionary history is His doing than people think. - Dinwar
Dancing David is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2017, 09:30 AM   #297
Dancing David
Penultimate Amazing

When we do not know even prime ones, we lose all right to comment on anything.
As the alleged historic buddha asked "If there is an arrow sticking in someone, is it necessary to know where the arrow came from before we address the issue of the arrow?"
Old 6th November 2017, 09:40 AM   #298
Peregrinus
Muse

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
My money is on "ain't gonna happen."
Peregrinus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2017, 12:53 PM   #299
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Posting more ignorant and irrelevant gibberish as questions is not a discussion. I suggest you read some of the school science textbooks that you have obviously forgotten..

Last edited by Reality Check; 6th November 2017 at 12:55 PM.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th November 2017, 03:28 PM   #300
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
Trust me, that will NEVER happen!!!!!!

Wash this space!

Old 6th November 2017, 08:52 PM   #301
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dancing David View Post
As the alleged historic buddha asked "If there is an arrow sticking in someone, is it necessary to know where the arrow came from before we address the issue of the arrow?"
Not before addressing the issue but definately yes after it so that such sticking is avoided next time.
Old 8th November 2017, 12:27 AM   #302
BillC
Bazooka Joe

Not before addressing the issue but definately yes after it so that such sticking is avoided next time.
Given the current topic, are you proposing that we plan to avoid the Big Bang next time around?
Old 8th November 2017, 01:32 AM   #303
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BillC View Post
Given the current topic, are you proposing that we plan to avoid the Big Bang next time around?
No you can not. It is not so bad experience.
Old 8th November 2017, 05:51 AM   #304
halleyscomet
Philosopher

No you can not. It is not so bad experience.
Well then, go out and figure out the big bang and the origin of life. Then, and only then, will your own ideology allow you to discuss your medical mythology.

Unless of course you're a hypocrite.
Old 8th November 2017, 06:27 AM   #305
Peregrinus
Muse

Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
Unless of course you're a hypocrite.
Hypocrisy requires a fairly crisp juncture between what is and what is claimed; Kumar's simply delusional. All over the place and making less sense than the Mad Hatter with every jump.
Peregrinus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2017, 03:08 AM   #306
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

A small question:

What is Optical distortion? Can an object's molecules be rearranged in such a manner, its emitted or reflected radiations do not come into spectrum form but just come in individual form? When taking its photo, photo is not true to that object?
Old 10th November 2017, 03:17 AM   #307
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

A small question:

What is Optical distortion? Can an object's molecules be rearranged in such a manner, its emitted or reflected radiations do not come into spectrum form but just come in individual form? When taking its photo, photo is not true to that object?
Optical distortion is what you see through a stained-glass window, or colored glass. It affects the geometry of the image, and it may remove or attenuate part of the spectrum. It doesn't add any information.

Hans
Old 10th November 2017, 03:51 AM   #308
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

After 84 pages, and 3343 posts on the subject, still not one iota of proof for homeopathy.
In fact, Kumar has said that he doesn't want to talk about it anymore.

Will you finally accept that you were wrong Kumar?
Or are you going to argue that your evidence has been homeopathically diluted beyond perception and is therefore extra potent?
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2017, 04:45 AM   #309
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
It is homeopathically relevant. Its relevance has been diluted so many times that there is almost no relevance left. It is thus more potently relevant than anything posted so far.
Old 10th November 2017, 04:50 AM   #310
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Optical distortion is what you see through a stained-glass window, or colored glass. It affects the geometry of the image, and it may remove or attenuate part of the spectrum. It doesn't add any information.

Hans
Thanks. Can we blunt or reform any object which emit or reflect wavé or EM radiątion simgly or individually not in spectrum form of many cólours like in sunlight?
Old 10th November 2017, 04:52 AM   #311
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
It is homeopathically relevant. Its relevance has been diluted so many times that there is almost no relevance left. It is thus more potently relevant than anything posted so far.
No, nothing and never be for it here.
Old 10th November 2017, 04:55 AM   #312
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

No, nothing and never be for it here.
Great summary of all the evidence you've provided so far. Thanks. That'll save people a bit of time.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2017, 04:55 AM   #313
MRC_Hans
Penultimate Amazing

Thanks. Can we blunt or reform any object which emit or reflect wavé or EM radiątion simgly or individually not in spectrum form of many cólours like in sunlight?
I cannot understand your question.

Hans
Old 10th November 2017, 05:42 AM   #314
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

I cannot understand your question.

Hans
I meant, can an atoms or molecules of a substance be so modifies that all radiations come from it in individual radiation form not in spectrum form?
I feel, it may be difficult to molecularized or atomized a substance, still in substance form of many type of stone/molecules.
Old 10th November 2017, 05:46 AM   #315
fagin
Illuminator

Or to rephrase.

Whut?

And good luck modifying atoms.
Old 10th November 2017, 05:49 AM   #316
fagin
Illuminator

ps. all substances emit different wavelengths, of various combinations. There are more wavelengths than rainbows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectrometer
Old 10th November 2017, 07:06 AM   #317
halleyscomet
Philosopher

I meant, can an atoms or molecules of a substance be so modifies that all radiations come from it in individual radiation form not in spectrum form?
I feel, it may be difficult to molecularized or atomized a substance, still in substance form of many type of stone/molecules.
No. It is not possible. You have things backwards. By definition, the energy coming off an object will be in the spectrum. The spectrum is defined by the forms in which energy can come off an object. It may be outside the range particular equipment is designed to measure, but that's as close as you're going to get to energy outside the spectrum.
Old 10th November 2017, 07:25 AM   #318
Peregrinus
Muse

I think - just a guess here - that Kumar wants his radiation (from any source or object) to be emitted / arrive one quanta at a time.
Old 10th November 2017, 07:38 AM   #319
Kumar
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by fagin View Post
ps. all substances emit different wavelengths, of various combinations. There are more wavelengths than rainbows.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spectrometer
Yes, I want to know, if these wavelengths can be emitted in seprątion from a substance?
Old 10th November 2017, 07:49 AM   #320
fagin
Illuminator

Yes, I want to know, if these wavelengths can be emitted in seprątion from a substance?
Your question is meaningless.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology