ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags telepathy

Old 29th January 2017, 09:11 AM   #1
corta
New Blood

My thougts are transmitted for real

I've been suffering from real thought-broadcasting for a long time.
My thougts and all five senses are transmitted to other people for real, like uncontrollable telepathy.
It is not thought-broadcasting in schizophrenia. Do you have any idea how to cure it?
I'd really appreciate it if you could help me. Thanks.
corta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2017, 09:26 AM   #2
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

No, you haven't. There is no such thing as thought broadcasting, or telepathy. There are lots of reasons for such delusions, and you should seek the help of mental health experts rather than trying to get answers from the internet.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2017, 10:09 AM   #3
Maksutov
Scholar

Please consult your physician.
Maksutov is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2017, 10:11 AM   #4
fagin
Illuminator

I'm not getting your thoughts, so you can't be very good at it.
Old 29th January 2017, 10:49 AM   #5
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

This disorder must be more common than I imagined.
Old 29th January 2017, 12:24 PM   #6
P.J. Denyer
Master Poster

Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
No, you haven't. There is no such thing as thought broadcasting, or telepathy. There are lots of reasons for such delusions, and you should seek the help of mental health experts rather than trying to get answers from the internet.
This completely. You aren't the single unique individual with special powers who breaks the laws of physics, you're unwell. Please consult a medical professional and get help.
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2017, 12:29 PM   #7
Nova Land
/
Tagger

Originally Posted by corta View Post
I've been suffering from real thought-broadcasting for a long time...

Do you have any idea how to cure it?

Yes. Here's something which I think could work if you're willing to try it.

First, find someone you trust and ask for them if they will help you conduct an experiment.

Here's the experiment.

(1.) Get a well-shuffled deck of cards. Sit across the table from your friend and select a card from the deck (making sure your friend doesn't see which card you have selected). Don't say anything to your friend (as this might inadvertently reveal which card you selected) but think about what card it is. Your friend's task is to receive your thoughts and write down what the card is. After your friend has written down what card your thought transmissions told them you selected, show them what the card is and record whether the card they picked up from your thoughts is the one you actually selected.

Repeat this test 5 times. Now look at your records. How many times did your friend accurately receive your thoughts?

(2) Same basic set-up: you and your friend sit across from each other. For this test, you write down a number from 1 to 100 on a pad of paper, being careful not to let your friend see what number you are writing while you are writing it or after you have written it. Again, don't say anything to your friend but think about what number it is. Your friend's task is to receive your thoughts and write down what number your thought transmissions tell them you chose. After they have written down what your thought transmissions told them, show them what number you wrote down and record whether the number they picked up from your thoughts is the one you actually selected.

Repeat this test 5 times. Now look at your records. How many times did your friend accurately receive your thoughts?

(3) If your friend accurately identified the card you picked most times you conducted the test, and accurately identified the number you chose most times you conducted the test, then contact a skeptics' group and request to perform this test in front of them. If your friend really was able to accurately identify the cards and the numbers you selected, with no cheating or fakery going on, then you appear to have a genuine paranormal ability and are in line to win $1,000,000 from the James Randi Educational Foundation.

(4) If your friend did not accurately identify the cards and numbers you picked most of the times you conducted the test, then it appears you do not have a genuine paranormal ability and your feeling that you are transmitting your thoughts to others is mistaken. You need to find out why you think you are transmitting your thoughts when evidently you are not. Talk with your friends and family and see if they can suggest someone who might be able to help you figure this out.
Nova Land is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2017, 12:50 PM   #8
Michel H
Graduate Poster

My thougts and all five senses are transmitted to other people for real, like uncontrollable telepathy.
It is not thought-broadcasting in schizophrenia. Do you have any idea how to cure it?
I have seen this before:
http://forum.schizophrenia.com/t/my-...for-real/69427
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...1163509AASeBaQ

Is this idea, that "you are suffering from real thought-broadcasting", just a personal idea of yours, or have some other people told you so, corta?

Did you try to do some telepathy tests with family members, friends, or even medical professionals (GP doctors, psychiatrists ...) or psychologists? What were the results? Do you feel people are being dishonest with you? And are you really sure about this idea that you are an "uncontrolled telepath"?
Michel H is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2017, 12:52 PM   #9
Startz
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Nova Land View Post
(3) If your friend accurately identified the card you picked most times you conducted the test, and accurately identified the number you chose most times you conducted the test, then contact a skeptics' group and request to perform this test in front of them. If your friend really was able to accurately identify the cards and the numbers you selected, with no cheating or fakery going on, then you appear to have a genuine paranormal ability and are in line to win $1,000,000 from the James Randi Educational Foundation.
While this is helpful and friendly advice, the $1,000,000 Challenge was terminated a year ago. However, there are other challenges around which offer cash.
Startz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2017, 02:10 PM   #10
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Originally Posted by Michel H View Post
I have seen this before:
http://forum.schizophrenia.com/t/my-...for-real/69427
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...1163509AASeBaQ

Is this idea, that "you are suffering from real thought-broadcasting", just a personal idea of yours, or have some other people told you so, corta?

Did you try to do some telepathy tests with family members, friends, or even medical professionals (GP doctors, psychiatrists ...) or psychologists? What were the results? Do you feel people are being dishonest with you? And are you really sure about this idea that you are an "uncontrolled telepath"?
Corta, If you are not a hit and run poster.

Under no circumstances should you take any advice whatsoever from Michel.

Also the irony here is just rich.
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2017, 02:17 PM   #11
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

First, find someone you trust and ask for them if they will help you conduct an experiment.

Here's the experiment.

(1.)[SNIP!]
That will never work! Nothing but medical treatment will work. Just look at Michel's posting history. Medical treatment is mandatory.

Last edited by John Jones; 29th January 2017 at 02:19 PM.
John Jones is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2017, 07:42 PM   #12
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

I am trying to transmit my thoughts right now.

It's why this post is written in English.
marplots is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2017, 08:00 PM   #13
fuelair
Suspended

To have that remotely considered, much less believed, you would need to go to some other forum, This is not the place for that.
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2017, 08:10 PM   #14
Hungry81
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by marplots View Post

Do'h. Ninjaed.

If U ever find myself transmitting thoughts I don't want transmitted I have learned that if I stop talking I have a almost 100% success rate of stopping the transmission.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Hungry81 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2017, 08:18 PM   #15
fuelair
Suspended

Also, as to your title: My thougts are transmitted for real .

Thoughts works better there!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2017, 08:38 PM   #16
deaman
Philosopher

Stop typing things on the internet?
deaman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2017, 09:36 PM   #17
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
To have that remotely considered, much less believed, you would need to go to some other forum, This is not the place for that.
I see what you did there!

"Shemp, you are the one fixed point in an ever-changing universe." - Beady
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th January 2017, 09:36 PM   #18
gerdbonk
Philosopher

Location: El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula
Originally Posted by Hungry81 View Post
Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
If only thought-broadcasting could be tagged like this.
Old 29th January 2017, 10:14 PM   #19
Matthew Ellard
Graduate Poster

You have copied and pasted this same question on numerous other forums.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com...out-telepathy/

https://www.mentalhealthforum.net/fo...ml#post1464998

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=109758

http://ehealthforum.com/health/user_...ts_773104.html

http://www.christianforums.com/threa...-real.7986171/

As this, the ISF, is a science based forum, I suggest you don't post again, here, until you have seen a general practitioner, and eliminated metal illness as an alternative hypothesis.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2017, 07:32 AM   #20
fuelair
Suspended

No you have not.
Old 30th January 2017, 07:41 AM   #21
Donn
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
Under no circumstances should you take any advice whatsoever from Michel.

Also the irony here is just rich.
You're not kidding! There's a strong waft of iron sock about it.
Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2017, 07:48 AM   #22
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

<snip sensible test protocol>
This approach only works if someone is genuinely trying to find out if they are telepathic. When someone is already convinced they are telepathic as a symptom of a mental illness it won't work, because they will always twist the protocol and the results in whatever way is necessary to support their delusion.
Old 30th January 2017, 08:09 AM   #23
Argumemnon
World Maker

Ok let me help you: you do not have this ability. That's your imagination and confirmation bias.

You're welcome.
Old 30th January 2017, 08:22 AM   #24
Spektator
Dog Who Laughs

Maybe a derail, but suggested by the idea of a card-reading test:

When I was a freshman in college, a guy in the dorm was convinced that ESP was real and kept trying to rope people into tests, with little success. One day I was sitting in the game room, reading, and he wandered around trying to get someone to do a card-guessing test with him. He came to me and I said sure, as long as you sit across from me.

He did, took out a deck of cards, and said we would go through ten cards at a time until we hit fifty. He would concentrate on each card, I'd guess, he'd write down the real card and the guess. He got very excited when I scored above 90%. I scored 100% at getting the colors right.

He wouldn't even believe me when I explained that the daylight coming through the window behind him illuminated his cards and that I could read them by looking at the reflections in his glasses. That was why I didn't score a hundred, by the way. Sometimes he was shaking so much I couldn't get the card value right, though I'd always say, "It's a diamond or a heart, can't get more than that. Definitely a red card, though."

He got very perturbed when I kept saying it was a trick, telling me I was afraid to face the truth. I refused to try again, and for some reason after our end-of-term break the guy didn't come back to school.
Old 30th January 2017, 09:04 AM   #25
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

If you are actually so good at broadcasting your thoughts, then I suggest that instead of finding a cure that you find a couple of good partners and you all become the best poker players in the world.
Old 30th January 2017, 10:07 AM   #26
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by marplots View Post

No comprendo.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2017, 10:08 AM   #27
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
No comprendo.
You were thinking of the six of spades.
marplots is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2017, 10:14 AM   #28
Bladesman87
Scholar

Originally Posted by Spektator View Post
Maybe a derail, but suggested by the idea of a card-reading test:

When I was a freshman in college, a guy in the dorm was convinced that ESP was real and kept trying to rope people into tests, with little success. One day I was sitting in the game room, reading, and he wandered around trying to get someone to do a card-guessing test with him. He came to me and I said sure, as long as you sit across from me.

He did, took out a deck of cards, and said we would go through ten cards at a time until we hit fifty. He would concentrate on each card, I'd guess, he'd write down the real card and the guess. He got very excited when I scored above 90%. I scored 100% at getting the colors right.

He wouldn't even believe me when I explained that the daylight coming through the window behind him illuminated his cards and that I could read them by looking at the reflections in his glasses. That was why I didn't score a hundred, by the way. Sometimes he was shaking so much I couldn't get the card value right, though I'd always say, "It's a diamond or a heart, can't get more than that. Definitely a red card, though."

He got very perturbed when I kept saying it was a trick, telling me I was afraid to face the truth. I refused to try again, and for some reason after our end-of-term break the guy didn't come back to school.
The lesson here is not to indulge these people in a way that strengthens their delusions.
Bladesman87 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2017, 11:20 AM   #29
LarianLeQuella
Elf Wino

Cool

Originally Posted by Maksutov View Post
Please consult your physician psychiatrist.
Fixed it for you.
LarianLeQuella is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2017, 11:27 AM   #30
gerdbonk
Philosopher

?

Psychiatrists are MDs.
Old 30th January 2017, 01:15 PM   #31
fuelair
Suspended

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
No comprendo.
Por favor!
Old 30th January 2017, 06:04 PM   #32
Matthew Ellard
Graduate Poster

I have read the thirteen or do forums that Corta copied his opening post to. Corta never responds and is probably a one off "drive by" poster.

Of general interest, is despite the variety of differing forums he posted on, most people suggested he seek psychiatric help, which is good news.

It does seem to me that as the ISF is a science and evidence based forum, that both Michel H and Corta, must seek psychiatric help first, to eliminate this as an alternative explanation, if they claim they are presenting a scientific hypothesis. It is up to them to prove to us they are sincere in their scientific methodology.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2017, 08:32 PM   #33
gerdbonk
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
It is up to them to prove to us they are sincere in their scientific methodology.
That is not what drives them. They are having a real experience -- even if objectively we know it is just between their ears. I have encountered several people suffering from delusions and they are absolutely flabbergasted that other people don't believe them. My neighbor has several mental issues, including paranoia, and has asked, with utmost sincerity, "If I'm just crazy, then why are they after me?" To him, it was not a joke.

These people are seeking validation. When they do not get that, they do not turn inward and question their "experiences", they turn outward and blame the closed minds that deny them.
Old 30th January 2017, 08:48 PM   #34
fromdownunder
Philosopher

Originally Posted by gerdbonk View Post
These people are seeking validation. When they do not get that, they do not turn inward and question their "experiences", they turn outward and blame the closed minds that deny them.
So how is a drive by poster "turning outwards" when he/she posts something and then does not even stay in the discussion or respond?

Is it just "look at me, I am special"? and I am just posting once to prove it, and then going away? Then I will post the same on 37 other Boards (without responding) to say the same thing.

Norm

fromdownunder is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2017, 08:49 PM   #35
trustbutverify
Philosopher

No, you can't "thought-broadcast". You think you can because others happen to have similar thoughts as you, and, instead of understanding this would be perfectly mundane, you interpret it as paranormal. The reason you do so is because super power claims make people feel important, even as they feign distress to counter the obvious ego benefits. If you actually are interested in reality, design a simple, well controlled test for this thought communication and follow through on it.

Wollen owns the stage
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2017, 08:51 PM   #36
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Crossbow View Post
If you are actually so good at broadcasting your thoughts, then I suggest that instead of finding a cure that you find a couple of good partners and you all become the best poker players in the world.
That suggests some interesting experiments.

Wollen owns the stage
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th January 2017, 09:19 PM   #37
gerdbonk
Philosopher

Originally Posted by fromdownunder View Post
So how is a drive by poster "turning outwards" when he/she posts something and then does not even stay in the discussion or respond?

Is it just "look at me, I am special"? and I am just posting once to prove it, and then going away? Then I will post the same on 37 other Boards (without responding) to say the same thing.

Norm
Possibilities:

1. Just a troll
2. Scared. Seeking validation (not yet progressed to the point of blame)
3. Not mentally stable and we shouldn't be expecting him to follow a logical path to assistance (or attention)
Old 31st January 2017, 06:17 AM   #38
LarianLeQuella
Elf Wino

Cool

?

Psychiatrists are MDs.
True, but seems English is not his main language, he could have started looking for a PhD or something! I wanted it to be crystal clear.
LarianLeQuella is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2017, 03:24 AM   #39
TofuFighter
Muse

Possibilities:

1. Just a troll
2. Scared. Seeking validation (not yet progressed to the point of blame)
3. Not mentally stable and we shouldn't be expecting him to follow a logical path to assistance (or attention)
Or maybe he never posted on any of these websites at all, and thus doesn't know about them.
Old 2nd February 2017, 07:28 AM   #40
Gilbert Syndrome
Illuminator

Am I the only one who didn't take him seriously?

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal