ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags telepathy

Old 2nd February 2017, 07:49 AM   #41
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by Gilbert Syndrome View Post
Am I the only one who didn't take him seriously?
Note: see all previous posts for examples. No, we are not taking him seriously - he is either lying or deluded and we really do not worry about which.

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2017, 07:57 AM   #42
Yeggster
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Nova Land View Post
Yes. Here's something which I think could work if you're willing to try it.

First, find someone you trust and ask for them if they will help you conduct an experiment.

Here's the experiment.

(1.) ....
Im sure this is a troll based on the other forums they posted.

BUT if it's not .. they would just say none of these kinds of tests will work as the "power" is UNCONTROLLABLE ... it won't work if you test it

ALSO: I miss the Million Dollar Challenge posts!
Yeggster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd February 2017, 07:57 AM   #43
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by fuelair View Post
Note: see all previous posts for examples. No, we are not taking him seriously - he is either lying or deluded and we really do not worry about which.
Maybe it was all of the replies telling him to seek help that made me assume everyone took him seriously. Some may call me an optimist, one man even referred to me as "Optimist Prime," because I'm so optimistic, but I tend to think he's having a bit of a Giraffe and seeing how many people respond.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2017, 09:24 AM   #44
Delvo
الشيطان الأبيض

Posting just once everywhere doesn't mean that was the plan all along. It could be that this person reads the responses for a while at first, sees that (s)he is not believed, and decides not to bother continuing to interact with people who don't believe him/her, then moves on to another place to keep trying to find someone who does. If (s)he finds a forum where people do believe it, then (s)he might stay and interact there.
Delvo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2017, 09:36 AM   #45
marplots
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Delvo View Post
Posting just once everywhere doesn't mean that was the plan all along. It could be that this person reads the responses for a while at first, sees that (s)he is not believed, and decides not to bother continuing to interact with people who don't believe him/her, then moves on to another place to keep trying to find someone who does. If (s)he finds a forum where people do believe it, then (s)he might stay and interact there.
In this case, it could also mean the conversations are continuing in the telepathic realm instead of getting posted. You occasionally see it mentioned. A member will write something like, "I'll PM (Private-Mental) you."
marplots is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2017, 11:04 AM   #46
Scorpion
Muse

Originally Posted by corta View Post
I've been suffering from real thought-broadcasting for a long time.
My thougts and all five senses are transmitted to other people for real, like uncontrollable telepathy.
It is not thought-broadcasting in schizophrenia. Do you have any idea how to cure it?
I'd really appreciate it if you could help me. Thanks.
I am diagnosed a paranoid Schizophrenic, and I have had a lot of experience of the condition called broadcasting. There are questions to ask you. '
How do you know people can receive your thoughts?
Have they told you?
Do you just hear them talking about what you are thinking without them confirming it to you?

The obvious thing to do is ask people if they can hear your thoughts.
They will almost certainly say no. You could find someone sympathetic to your case and experiment to see if they can receive your thoughts or not.

I went through my entire paranoid episode and tried to apply logic to the experiences I had, trying to decide if I was hallucinating or not.
To this day I still think some people could hear my thoughts, but they were told not to tell me anything by a psychologist who was trying to break me down. My mind did not break but I could get no evidence of my belief from anyone so I had to let go of it.
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th February 2017, 11:43 AM   #47
Scorpion
Muse

I see someone said corta is a hit and run poster who does not follow up his claims. I find that slightly annoying as I was hoping for some interesting dialogue with a genuine believer in telepathy. I said I applied logic to my own experiences and the conclusion I came to was. 96% of the time there was no logical way to know if I was hallucinating or not, but 2% of the time there was enough evidence to realize I did hallucinate. The other 2% of logical deduction told me that some people could read my thoughts.
In particular a girl in the office where I worked seemed to be a telepathic medium.
On three separate occasions she seemed to be talking about the work I was doing, and she told me facts about the equipment I was working on and I found out the voice was right each time. On one occasion she said "he thinks he can fix that machine easily but he can't because the inlet pipe is broken and we are out of stock" I tipped the machine up to look at the back and sure enough the inlet pipe was broken. I realized she had told me a fact I did not know and not only that she told me the part was out of stock, so I went to the stores and found out the part was out of stock.

That is two facts I was told about that I did not know and I concluded therefore that it was genuine telepathy. There were two other occasions where she also told me facts I did not know about the equipment I was working on.

The end of the story is I walked out of the job after 18 months and went sick because I was nervously exhausted by the process. I subsequently wrote letters to the managing director demanding evidence that I had been psychologically abused. But naturally they would not answer me. I continued until they complained to the police that I was making nuisance calls and then I had to give up because I could have got six months in jail.

So the end of the story is that I have no evidence except my own logic and there is nothing more I can do.
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2017, 09:55 AM   #48
P.J. Denyer
Master Poster

Maybe it was all of the replies telling him to seek help that made me assume everyone took him seriously. Some may call me an optimist, one man even referred to me as "Optimist Prime," because I'm so optimistic, but I tend to think he's having a bit of a Giraffe and seeing how many people respond.
When someone implies they have a serious mental health issue I think it's better not to assume they are trolling. As per the Michel H tests anything that can be twisted (however far beyond any sensible interpretation) to support the delusion will be.
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th February 2017, 04:09 PM   #49
MinnesotaBrant
Illuminator

What makes you think you are broadcasting your thoughts? I think the fantastic beasts movie might be a good one for you to watch. Its about magic and telepathy, as well as being a fine movie. Might be a start. I have some advice for you. Try to watch some more positive programming. There is a reason its called programming that has nothing to do with the schedule. PM me if interested

Last edited by MinnesotaBrant; 5th February 2017 at 04:11 PM.
MinnesotaBrant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th February 2017, 06:23 AM   #50
fagin
Illuminator

Hit and run post and hasn't been back for a week.

I doubt he's going be that interested.
Old 7th February 2017, 12:46 PM   #51
Scorpion
Muse

Come on corta, where are you. This thread has died off and I am keen to discuss telepathy
Sri Ramakrishna
Leo Tolstoy
Old 8th February 2017, 01:47 AM   #52
TofuFighter
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Come on corta, where are you. This thread has died off and I am keen to discuss telepathy
Honestly I am surprised there hasn't been a deluge of response to you already from other members. I can only guess this must have already happened elsewhere on the forum. I was a bit confused by some parts of your story.

- Your first post was about broadcasting thoughts, also mentioned in the second, but the second post was primarily about receiving someone else's broadcasts. Do you believe that you both send and receive thoughts?
- The girl in your office mentioned specifics about the equipment you were using. You concluded it was a telepathic transmission, which means, I assume, that you eliminated the possibility that she had said it out loud, either to you, herself, or someone else, which is the most obviously plausible explanation.
- You wrote letters to your employers requesting evidence that you'd been psychologically abused. I'm not sure what to make of this at all. Perhaps you could explain this a bit more clearly. (or direct me to a thread where this has already been covered)

Unfortunately it does not look like corta will be back.
Old 8th February 2017, 07:41 AM   #53
Scorpion
Muse

Originally Posted by TofuFighter View Post
Honestly I am surprised there hasn't been a deluge of response to you already from other members. I can only guess this must have already happened elsewhere on the forum. I was a bit confused by some parts of your story.

- Your first post was about broadcasting thoughts, also mentioned in the second, but the second post was primarily about receiving someone else's broadcasts. Do you believe that you both send and receive thoughts?
- The girl in your office mentioned specifics about the equipment you were using. You concluded it was a telepathic transmission, which means, I assume, that you eliminated the possibility that she had said it out loud, either to you, herself, or someone else, which is the most obviously plausible explanation.
- You wrote letters to your employers requesting evidence that you'd been psychologically abused. I'm not sure what to make of this at all. Perhaps you could explain this a bit more clearly. (or direct me to a thread where this has already been covered)

Unfortunately it does not look like corta will be back.
Thanks for the interest, I have never talked about my experience of telepathy elsewhere, but I have spoken of psychic experiences.

My experience of telepathy is complicated and there is a lot I have not said, but generally I experienced an apparently psychic girl working in the office talking to other people about what I was thinking. I do not seem to receive telepathy myself, I only seem to broadcast my thoughts.

The reason I think it was genuine telepathy and not just delusions and hallucinations was that the girl told me facts I did not know about several pieces of equipment I was working on. I gave one example and here are a couple more.

I was working on a gas analyzer and it had what I assumed was a pressure switch. I blew down a plastic tube attempting to operate the switch but it did not work. So I replaced the micro switch and blew again and it still did not work. At that point the girl in the office said the following.
"He thinks that's a pressure switch but its not, its a vacuum switch"
On hearing that I sucked on the tube instead of blowing and the switch worked. At that time I had not encountered a vacuum switch as all the previous analyzers I had worked on were pressure switches. So that's another fact I did not know that I was told by the girl in the office.

On another occasion I was working on a circuit board and I had only just begun to look at it when the girls voice from the office said. "It must be the regulator." I looked for a regulator and found one, so I replaced it but it sill did not work. At that point the girls voice said "then it must be the other regulator"
I looked at the board again and found there was a second regulator on the board. I replaced that and the board worked. It was unusual for there to be two regulators on the same board and until the girls voice told me there was one I did not even know there were any regulators on the board. So again I was told facts I did not know.

The background to all this is that I am sure I was investigated by the police and labeled a psychopath. This was months before I even got the job I am talking about. They called in a psychologist who set about trying to give me a breakdown. I assume this because nobody has ever spoken to me about it, and I have only my own reasoning and deduction to make a judgement
The psychologist told people to talk about me deliberately in order to try and give me a breakdown so I would get hospital treatment.
But the dumb bastard reckoned without my lifetime of practical occult experience. I did not break down I just fought everyone in a psychological war.
That was fine until I got my last job where things took a turn for the worse as there seemed to be a psychic girl working against me. I still do not know how or why she did that , and I never spoke to her. But it made things utterly impossible for me and in the end I was forced to go sick.

I wrote and telephoned my ex employers about all this years after I had left, and tried to get people to tell me the truth, but no one ever has. There is a lot more to this story but I maintain that reason and logic dictate I was persecuted by a psychic girl or how could her voice have told me all those facts about the equipment.
Sri Ramakrishna
Leo Tolstoy
Old 8th February 2017, 08:07 AM   #54
Thermal
Graduate Poster

Thanks for the interest, I have never talked about my experience of telepathy elsewhere, but I have spoken of psychic experiences.

My experience of telepathy is complicated and there is a lot I have not said, but generally I experienced an apparently psychic girl working in the office talking to other people about what I was thinking. I do not seem to receive telepathy myself, I only seem to broadcast my thoughts.

The reason I think it was genuine telepathy and not just delusions and hallucinations was that the girl told me facts I did not know about several pieces of equipment I was working on. I gave one example and here are a couple more.

I was working on a gas analyzer and it had what I assumed was a pressure switch. I blew down a plastic tube attempting to operate the switch but it did not work. So I replaced the micro switch and blew again and it still did not work. At that point the girl in the office said the following.
On hearing that I sucked on the tube instead of blowing and the switch worked. At that time I had not encountered a vacuum switch as all the previous analyzers I had worked on were pressure switches. So that's another fact I did not know that I was told by the girl in the office.

On another occasion I was working on a circuit board and I had only just begun to look at it when the girls voice from the office said. "It must be the regulator." I looked for a regulator and found one, so I replaced it but it sill did not work. At that point the girls voice said "then it must be the other regulator"
I looked at the board again and found there was a second regulator on the board. I replaced that and the board worked. It was unusual for there to be two regulators on the same board and until the girls voice told me there was one I did not even know there were any regulators on the board. So again I was told facts I did not know.... There is a lot more to this story but I maintain that reason and logic dictate I was persecuted by a psychic girl or how could her voice have told me all those facts about the equipment.
Scorpion, the story as you tell it actually sounds like the girl (I assume you mean woman) was more familiar with the equipment than you give her credit for. For instance, she may have seen/heard you blowing on the switch and knew it was a vacuum switch and made her comment. How do you eliminate this simpler explanation?

Previously known as MostlyDead. Felling better now.
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2017, 08:19 AM   #55
Scorpion
Muse

Originally Posted by MostlyDead View Post
Scorpion, the story as you tell it actually sounds like the girl (I assume you mean woman) was more familiar with the equipment than you give her credit for. For instance, she may have seen/heard you blowing on the switch and knew it was a vacuum switch and made her comment. How do you eliminate this simpler explanation?
I call her a girl but she was probably in her twenties. I quoted her as saying "he thinks that's a pressure switch" The operative words being "he thinks" She seemed to know what I was thinking, and talked about my thoughts. As I have said these incidents were only about 2% of my experiences, and most of it was without factual details so I could not claim it was not a hallucination. This all happened over twenty years ago and I cannot remember all he other times I heard her talking about me because they were not evidential.

The office was some feet away from my workbench and I heard her voice coming through the open door. She could not see me and I could not see into the office.

An incident I do recall was that once I walked to the office door to listen more closely to what they were saying and I stood outside the office out of sight of anyone inside it. The girl calmly walked up and shut the door in my face.
I seemed to hear another girls say to her, "if you do that he will know"
Sri Ramakrishna
Leo Tolstoy
Old 8th February 2017, 08:45 AM   #56
Thermal
Graduate Poster

I call her a girl but she was probably in her twenties. I quoted her as saying "he thinks that's a pressure switch" The operative words being "he thinks" She seemed to know what I was thinking, and talked about my thoughts. As I have said these incidents were only about 2% of my experiences, and most of it was without factual details so I could not claim it was not a hallucination. This all happened over twenty years ago and I cannot remember all he other times I heard her talking about me because they were not evidential.

The office was some feet away from my workbench and I heard her voice coming through the open door. She could not see me and I could not see into the office.

An incident I do recall was that once I walked to the office door to listen more closely to what they were saying and I stood outside the office out of sight of anyone inside it. The girl calmly walked up and shut the door in my face.
I seemed to hear another girls say to her, "if you do that he will know"
Ok, this was decades ago? Memories do become stylized and inaccurate over time, it is the nature of how memories are stored and recalled. But that aside, saying 'he thinks (whatever)' is a common way of commenting on what a third party is doing. Anecdotally, I am primarily a building contractor, and I can sometimes tell by the sound what workers are doing on other entire floors of a jobsite. Also, by saying 'if you do that he will know', it sounds to a reader more like one woman saying that they were aware you were closing in on them and it made them uncomfortable, and closing the door would call attention to that. Just suggesting other interpretations of the behavior that are not psychic-reliant.

Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2017, 08:56 AM   #57
Spock Jenkins
Critical Thinker

If the young lady was an office equipment expert, why was she not working repairing office equipment? If it's simply something she didn't want to do, why would she know this information and yet keep it from you? Did she know she was telling you via thought? Based on the sentence construct, it would appear she knew the problem and had every intention of keeping the solution from you.

Or maybe you just think in the second person and came up with some ideas to check, then attributed the thoughts to the person who happened to be closest to where you were working.

*He thinks thinking in the second person could become very confusing.* - to self
Spock Jenkins is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2017, 09:06 AM   #58
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Originally Posted by P.J. Denyer View Post
When someone implies they have a serious mental health issue I think it's better not to assume they are trolling. As per the Michel H tests anything that can be twisted (however far beyond any sensible interpretation) to support the delusion will be.
True, but you'd be surprised how many people do similar things online for attention. I'm not saying that this is what's happening here, but I'm always going into this type of thread with a pinch of salt in my hand.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2017, 11:38 AM   #59
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

I looked at the board again and found there was a second regulator on the board. I replaced that and the board worked. It was unusual for there to be two regulators on the same board and until the girls voice told me there was one I did not even know there were any regulators on the board. So again I was told facts I did not know.

The background to all this is that I am sure I was investigated by the police and labeled a psychopath. This was months before I even got the job I am talking about. They called in a psychologist who set about trying to give me a breakdown. I assume this because nobody has ever spoken to me about it, and I have only my own reasoning and deduction to make a judgement
The psychologist told people to talk about me deliberately in order to try and give me a breakdown so I would get hospital treatment.
But the dumb bastard reckoned without my lifetime of practical occult experience. I did not break down I just fought everyone in a psychological war.
That was fine until I got my last job where things took a turn for the worse as there seemed to be a psychic girl working against me. I still do not know how or why she did that , and I never spoke to her. But it made things utterly impossible for me and in the end I was forced to go sick.

I wrote and telephoned my ex employers about all this years after I had left, and tried to get people to tell me the truth, but no one ever has. There is a lot more to this story but I maintain that reason and logic dictate I was persecuted by a psychic girl or how could her voice have told me all those facts about the equipment.
UFOs, telepathy, communication with the dead, chakras is there nothing you haven't experienced? With all that going on I would have thought that you'd at least have one piece of evidence for the magic you believe you experience?
Old 8th February 2017, 11:41 AM   #60
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

That's unfortunately a very simple question to answer and the answer is usually the same no matter the person making the claims of magic and that is if there is a mundane answer the person making the magical claims wouldn't be special
Old 8th February 2017, 11:58 AM   #61
Scorpion
Muse

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
UFOs, telepathy, communication with the dead, chakras is there nothing you haven't experienced? With all that going on I would have thought that you'd at least have one piece of evidence for the magic you believe you experience?
I blitz bombed my ex employer with emails, faxes, telephone messages and letters, for at least two years.I told them I would sign any document they liked saying I would never seek damages against them, as long as they told me the truth about what happened. But the only reply I received was a call from the police. The police warned me I must stop or face prosecution.
That's why I have no evidence.

I have no evidence because the people that know, don't give out such information, they keep the power in their own hands, and the police use
psychology and psychic knowledge as a weapon of control and manipulation.
Sri Ramakrishna
Leo Tolstoy
Old 8th February 2017, 12:09 PM   #62
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

I blitz bombed my ex employer with emails, faxes, telephone messages and letters, for at least two years.I told them I would sign any document they liked saying I would never seek damages against them, as long as they told me the truth about what happened. But the only reply I received was a call from the police. The police warned me I must stop or face prosecution.

I have no evidence because the people that know, don't give out such information, they keep the power in their own hands, and the police use
And how do you know this? And where do they learn about it?
Old 8th February 2017, 12:14 PM   #63
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

I blitz bombed my ex employer with emails, faxes, telephone messages and letters, for at least two years.I told them I would sign any document they liked saying I would never seek damages against them, as long as they told me the truth about what happened. But the only reply I received was a call from the police.
Maybe what happened was that your former employer had a mentally unstable employee who imagined all sorts of crazy stuff about psychic colleagues and similar impossibilities, who they were at a loss to know how to deal with right up to the day they left, whereupon they heaved a sigh of relief. Their response to later being bombarded by emails, faxes, telephone messages and letters from that same former employee for two years would certainly be to call the police, so that fits.
Old 8th February 2017, 12:27 PM   #64
Scorpion
Muse

There has been much coverage of mediums helping the police. But in my case they probably found out about it from me when I fought a psychological war against them. I know they investigated me and the conclusion was I was a psychopath. I know that for sure because one night I got drunk and kicked the metal shutters of a shop. A police car pulled up and one officer got out and came up to talk to me. Another office got out and shouted a warning to the officer that was talking to me. he said "he's a psychopath trained in the martial arts". There was no mistaking this as he shouted it quite clearly.

I subsequently studied the use of psychology by the police reading several books about personality profiling. Professor David Canter said. "The police are lumping everyone together under the one label of psychopath"
In my case it was a complete miss diagnosis, but it did not save me because they set about trying to destroy me. I resisted in every way I could and since their aim was obviously to try and drive me to a breakdown I won the war because I did not break. But they did me a lot of damage and I am a harder person that I was before they started on me.

They could not break me with psychology but they then coerced this psychic girl at the factory I worked at to try and break me down. She made me so ill I had to give up the job but I still did not break down. Instead I tried to get evidence against the police, but nobody has ever helped me.

My sanity hung in the balance for a while but reason prevailed and the things I can be sure of saved me from loosing control.

The only thing I have not tried is to complain to the independent police complaints authority, but up to now I have not bothered, precisely because I have no evidence. Nobody that does not know this is all true will believe me, and those that know will not tell me anything.
Sri Ramakrishna
Leo Tolstoy
Old 8th February 2017, 12:30 PM   #65
Scorpion
Muse

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
Maybe what happened was that your former employer had a mentally unstable employee who imagined all sorts of crazy stuff about psychic colleagues and similar impossibilities, who they were at a loss to know how to deal with right up to the day they left, whereupon they heaved a sigh of relief. Their response to later being bombarded by emails, faxes, telephone messages and letters from that same former employee for two years would certainly be to call the police, so that fits.
Thanks for your input on my thread. Oh ! but it's not my thread it is, I have hi jacked it. Well I am willing to move over if corta ever turns up.
Sri Ramakrishna
Leo Tolstoy
Old 8th February 2017, 03:20 PM   #66
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

There has been much coverage of mediums helping the police. But in my case they probably found out about it from me when I fought a psychological war against them. I know they investigated me and the conclusion was I was a psychopath. I know that for sure because one night I got drunk and kicked the metal shutters of a shop. A police car pulled up and one officer got out and came up to talk to me. Another office got out and shouted a warning to the officer that was talking to me. he said "he's a psychopath trained in the martial arts". There was no mistaking this as he shouted it quite clearly.

I subsequently studied the use of psychology by the police reading several books about personality profiling. Professor David Canter said. "The police are lumping everyone together under the one label of psychopath"
In my case it was a complete miss diagnosis, but it did not save me because they set about trying to destroy me. I resisted in every way I could and since their aim was obviously to try and drive me to a breakdown I won the war because I did not break. But they did me a lot of damage and I am a harder person that I was before they started on me.

They could not break me with psychology but they then coerced this psychic girl at the factory I worked at to try and break me down. She made me so ill I had to give up the job but I still did not break down. Instead I tried to get evidence against the police, but nobody has ever helped me.

My sanity hung in the balance for a while but reason prevailed and the things I can be sure of saved me from loosing control.

The only thing I have not tried is to complain to the independent police complaints authority, but up to now I have not bothered, precisely because I have no evidence. Nobody that does not know this is all true will believe me, and those that know will not tell me anything.
That's all well and good and now you've got that off your chest any chance you might answer the question I asked?
Old 8th February 2017, 03:27 PM   #67
Scorpion
Muse

I have seen lots of TV documentaries about the police working with spiritualist mediums. I can't quote the details as I just watched them in passing , but there have been many programs about it over the years. Not to mention that some police are masons.
Sri Ramakrishna
Leo Tolstoy

Last edited by Scorpion; 8th February 2017 at 03:29 PM.
Old 8th February 2017, 04:26 PM   #68
fagin
Illuminator

There's been lots of all sorts of crap on TV over the years.

It's a good thing you don't watch it seriously.
Old 8th February 2017, 04:28 PM   #69
P.J. Denyer
Master Poster

True, but you'd be surprised how many people do similar things online for attention. I'm not saying that this is what's happening here, but I'm always going into this type of thread with a pinch of salt in my hand.
Another good reason for not playing their games.
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2017, 04:51 PM   #70
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

There has been much coverage of mediums helping the police. But in my case they probably found out about it from me when I fought a psychological war against them.
Frankly, this sounds crazy. The more you investigate mediums helping police, the less evidence you find.

I also think you are conflating the terms "psychopath" and "psychotic".

Good luck with your mental health.

Last edited by John Jones; 8th February 2017 at 04:54 PM.
John Jones is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2017, 05:54 PM   #71
trustbutverify
Philosopher

You're *********** with me, right?

Wollen owns the stage
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th February 2017, 06:03 PM   #72
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

In all due fairness, I also have experienced every one of those. However, in every case it turned out to be either a mistake or complete utter bollocks.

Colour me cynical if ya like, but in over thirty years of poking this particular bear in the woods with a pointy stick, never once has any of it stood up to serious scrutiny.
Old 8th February 2017, 06:28 PM   #73
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

I blitz bombed my ex employer with emails, faxes, telephone messages and letters, for at least two years.
Technically, that is called "stalking".

I told them I would sign any document they liked saying I would never seek damages against them, as long as they told me the truth about what happened.
Nope. What you actually did was threaten to sue unless the pandered to whatever belief du jour you saw fit to wheel out.

Be under no illusion. I and others here have been around the corporate houses. While one does ones best when a colleague slips right off the deep end, one must at some point draw a line.

But the only reply I received was a call from the police. The police warned me I must stop or face prosecution.
Think carefully about that. If the cops turned up at my door to state any such thing, I would be reconsidering my life choices.

You got a warning. Want to know why? Because your employer wanted to warn you off but was considerate enough not to mess up your life. Had they so wished, you would be in the clink.

You have no evidence because there is none.

Baloney. I frequently audit companies which are not my own, I dip into their most detailed records, I find out every detail of every employee, I find out the financial histories of the principals, etc. I don't care much about any of it. The point is that it is required to be transparent. This is why things like unions exist.

I once had an acquaintance who had a similar persecution complex some years ago. Despite some years of effort, I ultimately had to break off contact. My parting shot was "Did it ever occur to you that the entire world might be right and it is you that is wrong?". Never did get an answer to that one.
Old 8th February 2017, 06:32 PM   #74
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Thanks for your input on my thread. Oh ! but it's not my thread it is, I have hi jacked it. Well I am willing to move over if corta ever turns up.
It seems unlikely. Feel free to proceed, corta appears to be a seagull.
Old 9th February 2017, 06:22 AM   #75
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Be under no illusion. I and others here have been around the corporate houses. While one does ones best when a colleague slips right off the deep end, one must at some point draw a line.
It is of course possible that Scorpion's employer and/or colleagues deliberately encouraged his, um, imaginings to the point that he would leave of his own accord, so they wouldn't have to fire him. That would explain much of the behaviour he has described.
Old 9th February 2017, 07:16 AM   #76
Scorpion
Muse

Originally Posted by John Jones View Post

Good luck with your mental health.
Thanks.
Sri Ramakrishna
Leo Tolstoy
Old 9th February 2017, 07:24 AM   #77
Scorpion
Muse

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
It is of course possible that Scorpion's employer and/or colleagues deliberately encouraged his, um, imaginings to the point that he would leave of his own accord, so they wouldn't have to fire him. That would explain much of the behaviour he has described.
Nah! I believe I was expected to have a breakdown and go to hospital and get medicated. But I would not crack and fought for my sanity. The people at the job were not bad people they were just dumb enough to think that driving me to a breakdown was for my benefit.

The one thing I have never understood was why and how the psychic girl participated in it. But if you read my reasons for believing she used telepathy you will see in the course of talking about what I was doing she told me at least five facts about the equipment I did not know. Upon those facts my sanity depended. I was able to be sure she was doing it because of them.
Sri Ramakrishna
Leo Tolstoy
Old 9th February 2017, 07:42 AM   #78
Scorpion
Muse

Technically, that is called "stalking".
No ! the first thing I got was a letter from my ex employers lawyers threatening me with harassment, I wrote back telling them to go ahead and charge me because under harassment law you are not liable if you are trying to get evidence of a criminal act. It was only after about another year that they tried to get me charged with nuisance calls , and there is no defense against that so I had to stop.

You got a warning. Want to know why? Because your employer wanted to warn you off but was considerate enough not to mess up your life. Had they so wished, you would be in the clink.
No they tried to charge me with nuisance calls which carries a six month sentence but the police let me off with a caution.
One of the managers lied to the police telling them I had telephoned his wife several times. But I was able to show my itemised telephone bill to show I had only called his house once.

That same manager had been telling people to talk about me, when I was working for him ,and on one occasion a group of people came out of his office and walked past my bench. as one drew level with me he said
" is that the one everyone is talking about "
the manager who was walking behind him said "Oh I didn't mean you to do it that close to him" I have no doubt this happened as it was in my face.

You have no evidence because there is none.
I know I did not imagine all this as reason prevails and my conclusions are based on logic.
Sri Ramakrishna
Leo Tolstoy
Old 9th February 2017, 08:42 AM   #79
Thermal
Graduate Poster

No ! the first thing I got was a letter from my ex employers lawyers threatening me with harassment, I wrote back telling them to go ahead and charge me because under harassment law you are not liable if you are trying to get evidence of a criminal act. It was only after about another year that they tried to get me charged with nuisance calls , and there is no defense against that so I had to stop.
Hold up- what was the criminal act? Conspiring to harbor psychic agitators? I am not sure that charge would have merit. And when conducting a pro se investigation, there are rules about how your evidence is gathered. Formal notification so they may have counsel present and all. Solely as you describe it, it sounds solidly like harassment on your part.

Quote:
No they tried to charge me with nuisance calls which carries a six month sentence but the police let me off with a caution.
One of the managers lied to the police telling them I had telephoned his wife several times. But I was able to show my itemised telephone bill to show I had only called his house once.
You called his house? Had he asked you to stop calling by then?

Quote:
That same manager had been telling people to talk about me, when I was working for him ,and on one occasion a group of people came out of his office and walked past my bench. as one drew level with me he said
" is that the one everyone is talking about "
the manager who was walking behind him said "Oh I didn't mean you to do it that close to him" I have no doubt this happened as it was in my face.

I know I did not imagine all this as reason prevails and my conclusions are based on logic.
Is it possible that you were behaving more strangely than you recall, and this was drawing attention? You mentioned earlier getting close to a door with two female employees on the other side to eavesdrop on them; you do understand that that is odd and possibly stalking behavior, right? Is it possible that non-psychic workers noticed you doing things like that and were talking about it?

Old 9th February 2017, 08:51 AM   #80
Scorpion
Muse

Hold up- what was the criminal act? Conspiring to harbor psychic agitators? I am not sure that charge would have merit. And when conducting a pro se investigation, there are rules about how your evidence is gathered. Formal notification so they may have counsel present and all. Solely as you describe it, it sounds solidly like harassment on your part.
I believe I said in the letter that my employers were guilty of abusing a mentally ill person, conspiracy and negligence. Employers have a duty of care.

You called his house? Had he asked you to stop calling by then?
He never spoke to me, the first thing I knew about it was a call from the police requesting I attend the police station.
Is it possible that you were behaving more strangely than you recall, and this was drawing attention? You mentioned earlier getting close to a door with two female employees on the other side to eavesdrop on them; you do understand that that is odd and possibly stalking behavior, right? Is it possible that non-psychic workers noticed you doing things like that and were talking about it?
As far as I am concerned all this began at the interview for the job, when I heard the girls in the office talking about me. One of the workers said to the manager. "He seems alright" and the manager said. "he probably would at the interview" Then I started work and everyone seemed to be talking about me deliberately from day one.
Sri Ramakrishna
Leo Tolstoy

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal