ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 17th October 2020, 02:46 PM   #81
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
They don't even say there is an investigation. FBI policy is to neither confirm nor deny that there is an investigation.
A policy that's only violated if it will screw over Hillary Clinton.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 03:22 PM   #82
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Delphic Oracle View Post
Still doesn't shield him from the states.

He could spend 10 years wearing an ankle bracelet and constantly shuttling from home to a deposition, back home, change, off to a discovery hearing, stop for dinner, attend trial part 29, and finally back home.

Every day. Voice conference calls about boring legal strategy, a meeting about the implications of these 14 agencies who just filed amicus briefs.

Fun.

Also insanely expensive.

I realize that. And I hope they go after him with everything they've got. He likes to call it the Biden Crime Family? Pure projection. The Trump family is as corrupt as they come.

Originally Posted by Babbylonian View Post
A policy that's only violated if it will screw over Hillary Clinton.
He totally violated that policy. Shame on him.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 03:23 PM   #83
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

"Hopefully you will be sending her packing soon," Trump on Gretchen Whitmer to chants of "lock her up!" from the crowd.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 03:29 PM   #84
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

"There's something about that, when you watched everybody getting pushed around, there's some very beautiful about it. I don't care what anyone says. Not politically correct." Trump describes the National Guard getting physical with protesters.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 03:36 PM   #85
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

"We'll be here for four years, and then if we decide to go for an extra four, or eight, or something," Trump says the crowd chant "12 more years!"

"January 1, I better damn well be president, I'll tell you. Well, I will be. I will be, for 20 days. Don't do this to me. You can't do that." he pleads.
Old 17th October 2020, 03:40 PM   #86
chrispy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
"We'll be here for four years, and then if we decide to go for an extra four, or eight, or something," Trump says the crowd chant "12 more years!"

"January 1, I better damn well be president, I'll tell you. Well, I will be. I will be, for 20 days. Don't do this to me. You can't do that." he pleads.
Was he really that pleading? Awww, poor baby.
Old 17th October 2020, 03:45 PM   #87
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Donald Trump Jr tweeted

@DonaldJTrumpJr
Hunter Biden should start a clothing line that says: I “consulted”in Moscow and all I got was 3.5 million dollars and this lousy t-shirt.
Old 17th October 2020, 03:47 PM   #88
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

"There's something about that, when you watched everybody getting pushed around, there's some very beautiful about it. I don't care what anyone says. Not politically correct." Trump describes the National Guard getting physical with protesters.
If it's so beautiful why not let him experience it? Film him getting pushed around by the protesters and let him watch it on the news.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 03:49 PM   #89
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

Not to overlook another aspect of Trumpism:

"News is “faked”; elections are “rigged”; a “deep state” plots a “coup”; Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia died suspiciously in bed with a pillow over his face; aides of ex-president Barack Obama conspire to undermine foreign policy from a “war room”; Obama himself was a Muslim mole; the National Park Service lied about the size of the crowd at the president’s inauguration; conspiracies are afoot in nearly every department and agency of the executive branch, including the State Department, the CIA, the Justice Department, the Food and Drug Administration, the Department of Homeland Security, and the FBI (“What are they hiding?”). Thus saith, and maybe even believeth, the president of the United States."

"Members of the administration’s inner circle keep the heat on. Michael Flynn, whose career as national security adviser lasted but a nanosecond, tweets “New York Police Department blows whistle on new Hillary emails: Money Laundering, Sex Crimes with Children, etc... MUST Read.” Michael Caputo, now on leave from his post at the Department of Health and Human Services, uncovered a supposed “resistance unit” at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention committed to undermining the president, even if it meant raising the Covid-19 death toll."

http://www.tomdispatch.com/post/1767...nspiracy/#more
jerrywayne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 03:51 PM   #90
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Governor Gretchen Whitmer tweeted

@GovWhitmer
This is exactly the rhetoric that has put me, my family, and other government officials’ lives in danger while we try to save the lives of our fellow Americans. It needs to stop.
Quote Tweet

Acyn Torabi
@Acyn
The President mentions the Governor of Michigan, the crowd chants lock her up, and the President says lock them all up
Old 17th October 2020, 03:56 PM   #91
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I'm curious who would take him. A former president Trump is no longer useful. The kinds of people he got close to probably don't think they need the aggravation of hosting Trump when there's no upside for them.
Depends on how many details from intelligence reviews he can remember.

Ok, you're correct.
Old 17th October 2020, 03:59 PM   #92
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Donald Trump Jr tweeted

@DonaldJTrumpJr
Hunter Biden should start a clothing line that says: I “consulted”in Moscow and all I got was 3.5 million dollars and this lousy t-shirt.
@HunterBiden
Ivanka should have a clothing line that got 34 China trademarks in two months granted to companies linked to her and Daddy Trump in 2018. Oh wait...she did!
Old 17th October 2020, 04:02 PM   #93
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Governor Gretchen Whitmer tweeted

@GovWhitmer
This is exactly the rhetoric that has put me, my family, and other government officials’ lives in danger while we try to save the lives of our fellow Americans. It needs to stop.
Quote Tweet

Acyn Torabi
@Acyn
The President mentions the Governor of Michigan, the crowd chants lock her up, and the President says lock them all up
At what point is Trump going to become a domestic terrorist himself?
Old 17th October 2020, 04:05 PM   #94
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Pitiful, but I find it heartening in a way. Sounds like he's beginning to accept the reality of the situation.
Old 17th October 2020, 04:17 PM   #95
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

They don't even say there is an investigation. FBI policy is to neither confirm nor deny that there is an investigation.
And yet it's being reported that the FBI has the laptop and is not investigating Biden, they are investigating Russian meddling in the election.

I'll have to look around for the source of the information.
Old 17th October 2020, 04:26 PM   #96
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
And yet it's being reported that the FBI has the laptop and is not investigating Biden, they are investigating Russian meddling in the election.

I'll have to look around for the source of the information.
You'll find that it's not the FBI itself confirming they have anything. It's the guy from the MAC shop, the NY Post, various news media, etc.
Old 17th October 2020, 04:32 PM   #97
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Joe Biden-Linked Firm Made Major Investments in Chinese Corporations https://breitbart.com/politics/2020/...-corporations/ via @BreitbartNews
Old 17th October 2020, 04:56 PM   #98
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump begins his speech in Janesville, Wisconsin, by urging the governor to "open your state up," even though coronavirus cases in the state have been spiking

"I've saved your way of life. I've saved the American dream"

"I have doctors, they want to touch every single part of my body"

Last edited by Captain_Swoop; 17th October 2020 at 05:13 PM.
Old 17th October 2020, 05:28 PM   #99
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

You'll find that it's not the FBI itself confirming they have anything. It's the guy from the MAC shop, the NY Post, various news media, etc.
That's not what I read. I'll have to go find it.
Old 17th October 2020, 05:29 PM   #100
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

... "I have doctors, they want to touch every single part of my body"

eeeeww!
Old 17th October 2020, 05:34 PM   #101
chrispy
Graduate Poster

Trump begins his speech in Janesville, Wisconsin, by urging the governor to "open your state up," even though coronavirus cases in the state have been spiking

"I've saved your way of life. I've saved the American dream"

"I have doctors, they want to touch every single part of my body"
*shudder* . Thanks for the nightmares, Cap!
Old 17th October 2020, 05:44 PM   #102
Armitage72
Illuminator

Originally Posted by chrispy View Post
*shudder* . Thanks for the nightmares, Cap!

Medical Examiners are doctors.
Armitage72 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 05:50 PM   #103
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

NBC News first reported the existence of the investigation, followed by the Associated Press and CNN, which cite administration and congressional sources.
Old 17th October 2020, 05:54 PM   #104
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I think you'll find it's always someone else claiming the FBI is investigating.

Quote:
Quote:
An FBI spokeswoman declined to comment Friday, citing the bureau’s practice of neither confirming nor denying investigations.
Old 17th October 2020, 05:56 PM   #105
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

If you read the article, it says the FBI is 'reportedly' investigating. The FBI itself does not say it is.
Old 17th October 2020, 06:09 PM   #106
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

I've been saying for a while that Barr is planning to pull some kind of Comey manoeuvre. About a week before the election, he'll say he's "opening an investigation" into the "credible allegations," no matter how stupid and manufactured the scandal is even on the face of it, and that's literally all anyone will talk about until Election Day.
Beelzebuddy is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 06:23 PM   #107
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Beelzebuddy View Post
I've been saying for a while that Barr is planning to pull some kind of Comey manoeuvre. About a week before the election, he'll say he's "opening an investigation" into the "credible allegations," no matter how stupid and manufactured the scandal is even on the face of it, and that's literally all anyone will talk about until Election Day.
I think they already tried this with the phoney Hunter Biden emails. We are talking 3 weeks to go right now. In the meantime 20 million people have already voted. This isn't like the Hillary Clinton story that wouldn't die. The GOP has been trying to tag Biden with scandal now for a year and nothing is sicking and dominating the press. COVID is the story that won't shake.
Old 17th October 2020, 06:27 PM   #108
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

If you read the article, it says the FBI is 'reportedly' investigating. The FBI itself does not say it is.
Well obviously it is 'reportedly'. That is standard news lingo. These are reputable news agencies citing sources that should have access to the information and should be reliable.
Old 17th October 2020, 06:27 PM   #109
Tero
Master Poster

Donald Trump Jr tweeted

@DonaldJTrumpJr
Yeah and what? This was not covered here yet?

https://www.snopes.com/news/2020/09/...senate-report/

Quote:
“The Senate report falsely alleges that Hunter Biden had a financial relationship with Russian businesswoman Yelena Baturina and that he received $3.5 million from Baturina. Hunter Biden was not a co-founder of Rosemont Seneca Thornton LLC (“RST”) nor did he have an equity interest in RST, so the claim that he was paid $3.5 million is false.”

None of the news reports referenced above contained any evidence that their authors had sought comment from Hunter Biden on the Baturina allegation. We asked Grassley and Johnson for a response to Mesires’ statement, but we didn’t receive a response of any kind.
Tero is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 06:49 PM   #110
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Well obviously it is 'reportedly'. That is standard news lingo. These are reputable news agencies citing sources that should have access to the information and should be reliable.
Oh, come on, SG. You are better than this. I have never said that the FBI doesn't have a computer/hard drive/ or that they aren't investigating this. My point is that they have a policy of not denying or confirming an investigation. Your point was that that wasn't what you had read, i.e. it was confirmed. I think we can both agree now that 1) the FBI is investigating this and 2) they have not confirmed or denied they are. Correct?
Old 17th October 2020, 06:54 PM   #111
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

At what point is Trump going to become a domestic terrorist himself?

That will never happen. For all his "tough guy" BSing, he's fundamentally a coward. He's the guy who will say, "Why don't you and him fight?", but when someone decides to take a swing at him, he'll run and hide behind the biggest friend paid security guard he can find.

Did you not watch that "Walk the church" stunt he pulled? That's him in a nutshell. Acting tough after other people laid the beatdown on the people he wanted hurt.
Old 17th October 2020, 07:01 PM   #112
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
That will never happen. For all his "tough guy" BSing, he's fundamentally a coward. He's the guy who will say, "Why don't you and him fight?", but when someone decides to take a swing at him, he'll run and hide behind the biggest friend paid security guard he can find.

Did you not watch that "Walk the church" stunt he pulled? That's him in a nutshell. Acting tough after other people laid the beatdown on the people he wanted hurt.
Oh, he'll never doing anything himself. I meant a domestic terrorist as far as being an instigator. When does he finally cross that line when he can't even claim plausible deniability anymore? He's coming damn close to it now.
Old 17th October 2020, 07:02 PM   #113
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
Im glad we are voting at the beginning of November and not the beginning of December. Because at the rate Trump is going we are about four weeks away from him claiming “Obama/Biden took all your guns away, but I gave them all back to you.”
Thanks Obama/Biden.
Old 17th October 2020, 07:35 PM   #114
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Oh, he'll never doing anything himself. I meant a domestic terrorist as far as being an instigator. When does he finally cross that line when he can't even claim plausible deniability anymore? He's coming damn close to it now.

Okay, so using that standard, he's already there. His stupid rhetoric is pretty much directly responsible for a plot to kidnap a governor of a US state. And he hasn't toned it down since that plot was revealed. He's still attacking that governor in particular.

Plus, the whole church stunt. Had anyone else sent in armed thugs to clear out a peaceful protest like that, we'd have no problem calling it terrorism.
Old 17th October 2020, 07:47 PM   #115
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Joe Biden is the living embodiment of the corrupt political class that enriched itself while draining the economic life and soul from our Country. For the last 47 years, Joe Biden shipped away your jobs, shut down your factories, threw open your borders, and ravaged our cities...

...while sacrificing American blood and treasure in endless foreign wars. Joe Biden is a corrupt politician — and the Biden family is a criminal enterprise. This makes Crooked Hillary Clinton look like amateur hour!
Old 17th October 2020, 09:14 PM   #116
SezMe
post-pre-born

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
Will Trump flee to exile in Russia for protection? Maybe.
I just checked. We do NOT have an extradition treaty with Russia so hiding from USA law there is possible. But does Putin want that albatross hanging over him 24/7? I would guess not.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 09:16 PM   #117
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
I just checked. We do NOT have an extradition treaty with Russia so hiding from USA law there is possible. But does Putin want that albatross hanging over him 24/7? I would guess not.
Putin would gladly welcome his buddy Trump to Russia! Why, he'd send him a nice big box of novichocolates.
Old 17th October 2020, 09:20 PM   #118
SezMe
post-pre-born

Why is Trump attacking his own Senators?
Because, after the criticism, they are no longer his. Simple as that.
SezMe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 09:53 PM   #119
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Putin would gladly welcome his buddy Trump to Russia! Why, he'd send him a nice big box of novichocolates.
He'd absolutely welcome Trump...and then Putin and his buddies would proceed to strip Trump clean of every asset. It would be hilarious!
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2020, 10:10 PM   #120
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Oh, come on, SG. You are better than this. I have never said that the FBI doesn't have a computer/hard drive/ or that they aren't investigating this. My point is that they have a policy of not denying or confirming an investigation. Your point was that that wasn't what you had read, i.e. it was confirmed. I think we can both agree now that 1) the FBI is investigating this and 2) they have not confirmed or denied they are. Correct?
So your issue is pedantry and you're annoyed I read something else into your comment?

You could just say that without the disdain.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics