ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 19th October 2020, 09:16 AM   #241
Dr.Sid
Illuminator

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
Do you see DA BABEY JEEZUS in that picture? Do you?

Then it's not Christmas. It's some hippie "Happy Holiday" multicultural Kwanzaa Hanukkah Winter Solstice celebration.
With Soviet gold stars !
Dr.Sid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2020, 09:19 AM   #242
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Then it's not Christmas. It's some hippie "Happy Holiday" multicultural Kwanzaa Hanukkah Winter Solstice celebration.
Maybe the nativity scene is obscured by all the military family members the Biden's hosted during the Christmas party.
Old 19th October 2020, 09:24 AM   #243
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
He's probably got his hands full with trying to placate the president while dealing with a corps of US Attorneys in open rebellion.
Thom Hartmann believe he's in hiding and keeping quiet because his attempt to paint the Biden's as criminal came way too close to showing Trump/Barr's criminal activity in Ukraine.
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2020, 09:25 AM   #244
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Am I the only one planning to just go in person to vote?
Nope, my voting place is less than a mile down the road. So if there's a line and it gets long enough I can just step off my driveway to get on line. Moebob and I will be polling it as usual. Heck, 2016 was the first time she ever voted and that was just because of Trump being such a douche.
Old 19th October 2020, 09:33 AM   #245
chrispy
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Maggie Haberman
@maggieNYT

"People are tired of covid," the president said. "People are tired of hearing Fauci and all these idiots... Fauci's a nice guy, he's been here for 500 years...wonderful sage telling us..."

"If there's a reporter on, you can have it just the way I said it, I couldn't care less," Trump says.

"My people are doing a great job," says Trump, who also said if asked two weeks ago he might not have said he was going to win (he said two weeks ago he was going to win).

"Don't feel sorry for me, don't say, 'How the hell does he do it?'" Trump says of his schedule.

Trump says every time Fauci goes on TV it's a "bomb," but it's a "bigger bomb if you fire him."

The sheer and utter disregard for science will one day come back and bite the Republicans on their collective ass. Intelligent design and all that bullcrap is silly, sure, but the climate denial **** mixed with killing hundreds of thousands of Americans due to the doubt-casting on scientific minds that are trying to save lives will never age well. Trump is an evil, evil man.
Old 19th October 2020, 09:50 AM   #246
slyjoe
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Maybe the nativity scene is obscured by all the military family members the Biden's hosted during the Christmas party.
Speaking of Christmas decorations:

""I'm working ... my a** off on the Christmas stuff, that you know, who givs a ******* about the Christmas stuff and decorations? But I need to do it, right?" - Melania Trump
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2020, 09:52 AM   #247
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by chrispy View Post
The sheer and utter disregard for science will one day come back and bite the Republicans on their collective ass. Intelligent design and all that bullcrap is silly, sure, but the climate denial **** mixed with killing hundreds of thousands of Americans due to the doubt-casting on scientific minds that are trying to save lives will never age well. Trump is an evil, evil man.
Yeah the problem it's the entire country (and to a lesser degree all of civilizations) ass that is going to get bitten, the Republican's aren't just playing with their own ass.... well that metaphor went somewhere horrid.

But my point is they are not playing with consequences that only they will have to deal with.
Old 19th October 2020, 09:52 AM   #248
The Man
Unbanned zombie poster

Originally Posted by Aridas View Post
To poke at some other things...

QAnon is a Nazi Cult, Rebranded

Quote:
A secret cabal is taking over the world. They kidnap children, slaughter, and eat them to gain power from their blood. They control high positions in government, banks, international finance, the news media, and the church. They want to disarm the police. They promote homosexuality and pedophilia. They plan to mongrelize the white race so it will lose its essential power.

Does this conspiracy theory sound familiar? It is. The same narrative has been repackaged by QAnon.

Well, it is missing a reference to a loss of essence and ones' precious bodily fluids.

https://youtu.be/N1KvgtEnABY?t=69
Old 19th October 2020, 09:54 AM   #249
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

It's like there was just 4 or 5 core idiotic conspiracy theories made at the dawn of the industrial age and the loons of the world have just been rebranding them over and over.
Old 19th October 2020, 09:54 AM   #250
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Alayna Treene
@alaynatreene
POTUS: “We're going to win. I wouldn't have told you that maybe two or three weeks ago”
Quote Tweet

Josh Wingrove
@josh_wingrove
President Trump, from his hotel in Las Vegas, has called into a press call being held by his campaign manager, Bill Stepien.

"We're going to win," Trump says on the call, per @MarioDParker. "I wouldn't have told you that maybe two or three weeks ago."
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2020, 10:09 AM   #251
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

It's like there was just 4 or 5 core idiotic conspiracy theories made at the dawn of the industrial age and the loons of the world have just been rebranding them over and over.
Hey Q-Annon and the basic antisemitic blood libel and that seriously predated the industrial age.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2020, 10:12 AM   #252
chrispy
Graduate Poster

Yeah the problem it's the entire country (and to a lesser degree all of civilizations) ass that is going to get bitten, the Republican's aren't just playing with their own ass.... well that metaphor went somewhere horrid.

But my point is they are not playing with consequences that only they will have to deal with.
True enough.
Old 19th October 2020, 10:18 AM   #253
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Originally Posted by RolandRat View Post
“If you vote for Biden, he will surrender your jobs to China. He will surrender your future to the virus. He’s going to lock down, he’s going to want us to lock down,” Trump said.

“He’ll listen to the scientists,” Trump continued. “If I listened totally to the scientists, we would right now have a country that would be in a massive depression, instead of, we’re like a rocket ship. Take a look at the numbers.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknew...?ocid=msedgntp

Would that be a soopa doopa rocket ship?
Well now, how very enlightening ...

It has taken the death of over 200,000 Americans, but Trump has finally got around to actually admitting the obvious fact that he does not listen to scientists when he makes decisions that need to be based on science.
A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2020, 10:36 AM   #254
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

There has never been a time in either of my two Campaigns when I felt we had a stronger chance of winning than we do right now. Early voting reports look far stronger than originally anticipated. Every RALLY is BOFFO.
@MarkMeadows & team are doing a fantastic job....

....There has never been more enthusiasm or spirit, by everyone. Great fun, and so good for our Country. Already winning many states, but not reported. Biden put the LID on again - raising money with promises. They finally caught him, COLD, and he knows it. Laptop is devastating!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2020, 10:51 AM   #255
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Last night he said "I don't know why we wouldn't win California. We're playing it a little bit."
Maybe that's why there are Trump commercials on the airwaves here in WA State. Maybe he thinks the right wingers east of the Cascades have enough votes to change the election outcome.
Old 19th October 2020, 10:55 AM   #256
Dread Pirate Roberts
Thinker

I just voted. Nevada early voting started Saturday. I checked the line then and it was pretty insane. So I went this morning at 8:50 - opens at 9 - and 2 hours later I'm out. Long line, but the holdup is where you sign up to get the smart card you insert into the voting machine. There were plenty of empty booths around me.

We have all mail in voting this year, but I wanted to vote in person.

Last edited by Dread Pirate Roberts; 19th October 2020 at 10:56 AM.
Dread Pirate Roberts is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2020, 11:14 AM   #257
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

GREAT news! New government of Sudan, which is making great progress, agreed to pay $335 MILLION to U.S. terror victims and families. Once deposited, I will lift Sudan from the State Sponsors of Terrorism list. At long last, JUSTICE for the American people and BIG step for Sudan!
Old 19th October 2020, 11:49 AM   #258
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Trump Tweets

GREAT news! New government of Sudan, which is making great progress, agreed to pay $335 MILLION to U.S. terror victims and families. Once deposited, I will lift Sudan from the State Sponsors of Terrorism list transfer the funds to my personal bank account. At long last, JUSTICE for the American people and BIG step for Sudan!
FTFY
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2020, 11:54 AM   #259
shemp

Trump trashes Fauci and makes baseless coronavirus claims in campaign call

Quote:
(CNN)A frustrated and at times foul-mouthed President Donald Trump claimed on a campaign call that people are tired of hearing about the deadly pandemic which has killed more than 215,000 Americans and trashed Dr. Anthony Fauci as a "disaster" who has been around for "500 years."

Referring to Fauci and other health officials as "idiots," Trump declared the country ready to move on from the health disaster, even as cases are again spiking and medical experts warn the worst may be yet to come.

Baselessly claiming that if Fauci was in charge more than half a million people would be dead in the United States, Trump portrayed the recommendations offered by his own administration to mitigate spread of the disease as a burdensome annoyance.

"People are tired of Covid. I have these huge rallies," Trump said, phoning into a call with campaign staff from his namesake hotel in Las Vegas, where he spent two nights amid a western campaign swing. "People are saying whatever. Just leave us alone. They're tired of it. People are tired of hearing Fauci and all these idiots."
Here's the video:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2020, 11:59 AM   #260
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

It's strange that he's attacking Joe Biden for listening to science and being nice, like Mister Rogers....
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2020, 12:06 PM   #261
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

...including pagan trees!
Old 19th October 2020, 12:15 PM   #262
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

There has never been a time in either of my two Campaigns when I felt we had a stronger chance of winning than we do right now. Early voting reports look far stronger than originally anticipated. Every RALLY is BOFFO.
@MarkMeadows & team are doing a fantastic job....

....There has never been more enthusiasm or spirit, by everyone. Great fun, and so good for our Country. Already winning many states, but not reported. Biden put the LID on again - raising money with promises. They finally caught him, COLD, and he knows it. Laptop is devastating!
Is he back on drugs?
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2020, 12:43 PM   #263
shemp

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Is he back on drugs?
When wasn't he?
Old 19th October 2020, 12:50 PM   #264
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Is he back on drugs?
Remember that Trump has always lived in a little bubble filled with just him and all the pandering arse-licking Yes Men his illegal money can buy. So in that tiny little corrupt world, he's winning.

The problem is the MAGA-nuts who think they are also in there with him. They're not. It's far too small a bubble for them to be included. Trump cares nothing about them, which is why they can all die from COVID and he won't give a big rat's scruffy ass. Just that they don't realise that yet. Hopefully in the next two weeks though...
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2020, 12:56 PM   #265
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Remember that Trump has always lived in a little bubble filled with just him and all the pandering arse-licking Yes Men his illegal money can buy. So in that tiny little corrupt world, he's winning.

The problem is the MAGA-nuts who think they are also in there with him. They're not. It's far too small a bubble for them to be included. Trump cares nothing about them, which is why they can all die from COVID and he won't give a big rat's scruffy ass. Just that they don't realise that yet. Hopefully in the next two weeks though...
That's the really sad part. His supporters think he really cares about them when, in reality, he couldn't give two ***** about them. He despises people like them. As a sociopathic narcissist he thinks he's far superior to them and their only role is to be of use to him. And they're just too stupid to understand that.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2020, 01:11 PM   #266
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
When wasn't he?
I was going to say, several years ago when he was partying around with Epstein doing multiple porn stars while his wife was in the hospital.

But on second thought, I expect that Trump was quite cranked "up" on drugs during such events.
A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2020, 01:20 PM   #267
Galaxie
Muse

Originally Posted by Monza View Post
I am. I live in Pennsylvania so I want to do my part to prop up the in-person voting numbers.
Originally Posted by shemp View Post
No. I have the day off and I will stand in line however long it takes to vote. I want there to be at least one Democrat in my heavily Republican town who shows up in person. I also want to see if any Trump goons try to cause trouble.
Originally Posted by bonzombiekitty View Post
I live in Philly, I'm voting in person because I don't really trust the state to handle such a large number of absentee ballots on their first year of issuing them for any reason. At least not without stressing me out. I don't want to keep checking to see if my absentee request was received, ballot sent, and ballot received. I'll take the 5 or 10 minutes to walk around the corner to my polling location and vote there. There's never a line and I work from home, so I can go whenever.
Originally Posted by kookbreaker View Post
I'm in a satellite town of Philly and I am also wary of the state's ability to handle this many votes by mail with so little preperation (thanks to the GOP!). They've already gotten courts to reject 100,000 mail-in ballots and other mailings have been delayed.

So since my town is small, the polling place not terribly far away, and being self-employed I can give myself whatever time I need to get to the polling place and vote. Not everyone has this luxury.
Frankly, I don't trust my state's GOP-led legislature to make sure all the absentee ballots are counted, so I will vote in person. Fortunately, I live in a rural area so there has never been a line to vote.
Galaxie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2020, 01:55 PM   #268
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Galaxie View Post
Frankly, I don't trust my state's GOP-led legislature to make sure all the absentee ballots are counted, so I will vote in person. Fortunately, I live in a rural area so there has never been a line to vote.
I believe if that were the case for me I would have voted in person rather than by mail. Nevertheless, I still had some qualms about doing a mail-in ballot. If I don't see it sliding into that vote-counter, it doesn't seem like it's really done.
Old 19th October 2020, 02:35 PM   #269
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

It's an incredibly high bar, but the things Trump is saying about Whitmer might be the most disturbing things to come out the mouth of this demented lunatic.
Old 19th October 2020, 02:38 PM   #270
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump says
"I call the head of Exxon. I'll use a company. 'How, how are you doing, how's energy coming? When are you doing the exploration? Oh, you need a couple of permits, huh?' But I call the head of Exxon, I say, 'you know, I'd love you to send me $25m for the campaign'"
Old 19th October 2020, 02:39 PM   #271
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
He's going to rake the forest floors.
How about, after he loses the election and gets convicted of whatever, we give him a rake, send him to California and tell him to get with it? He can be released after he finishes raking every square mile of forest floor in California.

Last edited by CORed; 19th October 2020 at 02:42 PM.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2020, 02:39 PM   #272
Dr.Sid
Illuminator

Trump says
"I call the head of Exxon. I'll use a company. 'How, how are you doing, how's energy coming? When are you doing the exploration? Oh, you need a couple of permits, huh?' But I call the head of Exxon, I say, 'you know, I'd love you to send me $25m for the campaign'"
See how smart he is ? I really don't see why you would vote for sleepy Biden.
Dr.Sid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2020, 02:41 PM   #273
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
Yes. They’ve always planned to terminate Christmas, but this year it is going to be terminated with extreme prejudice.
So Biden is going to cancel Christmas for this year, when he's not even President yet? That bastard.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2020, 02:58 PM   #274
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump again repeatedly brags about the military's "hydrosonic" missiles. He means "hypersonic." "Hydrosonic" is a brand of tooth brush.

if we were here earlier instead of Obama, she would have been with us today." -- Trump blames Obama for the death of Kayla Mueller
Old 19th October 2020, 03:35 PM   #275
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump in his second tarmac gaggle today “I’m not running scared. I think I’m running angry. I’m running happy and I’m running content because we’ve done a great job.”
Old 19th October 2020, 04:06 PM   #276
dirtywick
Master Poster

It’s faster than the speed of water. And he’ll write that in sharpie if you still don’t get it.
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2020, 04:28 PM   #277
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Trump says every time Fauci goes on TV it's a "bomb," but it's a "bigger bomb if you fire him."
Yeah, why should we listen to Fauci when he can’t draw a television audience.

I kind of want to see the future to see if historians label these years “The WTF Age of Politics.”
Old 19th October 2020, 04:33 PM   #278
Aridas
Crazy Little Green Dragon

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
The claim that Al Gore invented the internet has more basis in fact.
Just as a matter of course when this comes up, I think that it's worth directly pointing out that Al Gore didn't claim that.

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
It's strange that he's attacking Joe Biden for listening to science and being nice, like Mister Rogers....
Reminds me of a comparison. Our choice is pretty much Thanos vs Mr. Rogers.

When I was teaching, I used to give my students a 'test'. The very first instruction read:

1) Do not begin the test until you have read all the instructions.

The last instruction said "Do not answer any of the questions."

Almost none of the students followed the instructions and instead answered the questions!

ETA: Looks like I've been jninja'd
With that said, I was a student who "failed" one of those. I think that it was a good learning experience, either way, and it made me more likely to try to read for comprehension.

Originally Posted by The Man View Post
Well, it is missing a reference to a loss of essence and ones' precious bodily fluids.

https://youtu.be/N1KvgtEnABY?t=69
...In that summation. I'm not gonna even try to delve into QAnon far enough to see if it's there or not yet, though. I suspect that it is or has been, though, albeit not front and center. QAnon is a friggin mess, after all.
Old 19th October 2020, 04:38 PM   #279
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

[quote=alfaniner;13262280][quote=shemp;13262269]I think a lot of people of all political persuasions are idiots who are incapable of following simple instructions./QUOTE]

I know what you mean./QUOTE]

Well played.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th October 2020, 04:44 PM   #280
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by RolandRat View Post
"Donald Trump has suggested that his administration’s actions on dishwasher pressure meant women supported him.

Without providing details on policy, the US president told supporters on Sunday that “the women come up to me, the women they say dont like me, they actually do like me a lot”.

And that, said the Republican candidate, was because he “freed up” dishwashers to dispense more water.

“So, you go into a hotel or you buy a house, and they have what's called a restrictor,” he told supporters in Nevada. “[The] same thing with your dishwasher, I freed that up too.”

Mr Trump complained last November that women told him about so-called broken dishwashers, and that he would move to amend regulations in a pitch to American voters."

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...?ocid=msedgdhp

Well.
Is ANYONE besides Trump complaining about this?
And are the mfgs yelling... "no f'in way Donnie, we know how much EnergyStar ratings help our sales" ?

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics