ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , politics humor

View Poll Results: Where will Trump be on Jan. 20, 2021?
At Biden's inauguration, of course 4 4.30%
At Mar-A-Lago, of course 51 54.84%
Chained to the Resolute desk, of course 5 5.38%
Golfing at the Moscow Country Club 7 7.53%
Golfing with his BFF, Kim Jong Un 0 0%
In his Trump Tower penthouse, licking his wounds 9 9.68%
Camping out on the front steps of the Supreme Court building 0 0%
In the arms of Ivanka, crying into her soft, warm... shoulders 2 2.15%
In the Metropolitan Correctional Center, carving his name next to J. Epstein 2 2.15%
Who? 12 12.90%
On Planet X, where everyone's a winner! 1 1.08%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7th November 2020, 03:39 PM   #1
AnonyMoose
Muse

Where will Trump be on Jan. 20, 2021?

And now for the most important question of the day:

Where in the world is Donald Trump (on Jan 20)?
Old 7th November 2020, 03:43 PM   #2
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by AnonyMoose View Post
And now for the most important question of the day:

Where in the world is Donald Trump (on Jan 20)?
On a plane to Moscow.
Old 7th November 2020, 04:12 PM   #3
Matthew Best
Philosopher

People are saying "Trump 2024", but, come on, he's an old man - 5-10 seems like a long enough sentence to me.
Matthew Best is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2020, 04:14 PM   #4
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Mar-a Lago is the clear winner. No way he'll show up at the inauguration.
Old 7th November 2020, 05:32 PM   #5
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Think he'll stay put until noon? That's when the actual turnover is.
Old 7th November 2020, 05:45 PM   #6
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Given that Deutche Bank has apparently foreclosed on Mar-a-Lago to cover Donny's $650m loans, he may not actually be living there starting Jan 21 when he loses presidential privilege. There may be a For Sale sign on the gate!

Trump will not be at the inauguration. They can't make him go, and frankly, why would anyone want him there? He has been specifically excluded from many momentous events, e.g. the funerals of Senator McCain and President Bush. So his successor's inauguration would be no different. Why ruin a nice day!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2020, 05:53 PM   #7
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

If there's a god, on 1/20/21 Trump will be frying in Hell.
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2020, 05:54 PM   #8
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Given that Deutche Bank has apparently foreclosed on Mar-a-Lago to cover Donny's $650m loans, he may not actually be living there starting Jan 21 when he loses presidential privilege. There may be a For Sale sign on the gate!

Trump will not be at the inauguration. They can't make him go, and frankly, why would anyone want him there? He has been specifically excluded from many momentous events, e.g. the funerals of Senator McCain and President Bush. So his successor's inauguration would be no different. Why ruin a nice day!

They haven't actually foreclosed on Mar a Lago have they?
Old 7th November 2020, 05:54 PM   #9
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

I don't see how, after all the shade he's throwing now on the legitimacy of Biden's election (ntm his fuming bitterness during the campaign), he can consistently attend the inauguration, as if none of that really mattered- it's just not Trump. And if he really wants to keep the brand strong, so he or someone of his anointing can get the votes of the faithful in '24, it's almost an imperative that he not be there- that would be seen by his frantic followers as endorsing a result that they will be invested in, for the next four years, as labeling a fraud.

I think he'll pull an Adams- both father and son left town before their successors (Jefferson and Jackson) were inaugurated; or possibly a Johnson (Andrew), who stayed at the White House pretending to do business while Grant was sworn in in 1869.

So...classless to the end.

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King

Last edited by turingtest; 7th November 2020 at 05:58 PM. Reason: clarify
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2020, 05:55 PM   #10
shemp

I haven't heard that. I hope it's true. Do you have a source for that?
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2020, 06:18 PM   #11
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

The FPDJT will check it out on TV, only to comment/Tweet about the sparseness of the crowd. Never mind that social distancing will undoubtedly be enforced. Then again, that might spread the crowed out to three times what would be its normal area! And actual attendance may be higher anyway.
Old 7th November 2020, 06:26 PM   #12
Athyrio
Hipster Doofus

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
If there's a god, on 1/20/21 Trump will be frying in Hell.

Since there ain’t no god then there ain’t no hell but I do like the frying part.
Old 7th November 2020, 06:48 PM   #13
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

I still believe, firmly and passionately, that Trump will go into the ocean. He will bob and cavort and frolic and sink into the depths of the ocean. There he will find peace and joy in the crushing pressures and eternal darkness of the abyss. It'll be nice!
Old 7th November 2020, 06:53 PM   #14
Cain
Straussian

The Kim Jong Un thing is an interesting point. Former presidents have enriched themselves by talking to corporations. Will Trump take speaking fees from undemocratic governments? The problem for #45 is that N. Korea won't be able to pay enough.
Old 7th November 2020, 06:54 PM   #15
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

I'm hoping for "Who?". That his cult will drop him and go look for a new Führer when they realise he's lost.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2020, 06:58 PM   #16
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

He'll be standing on the balcony overlooking the South Lawn shouting "Come and get me, coppers!"
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2020, 07:06 PM   #17
shemp

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
I still believe, firmly and passionately, that Trump will go into the ocean. He will bob and cavort and frolic and sink into the depths of the ocean. There he will find peace and joy in the crushing pressures and eternal darkness of the abyss. It'll be nice!
And the only fitting way to do this is to put him in a submersible, transport him alone to the bottom of the Mariana Trench, and open the door.
Old 7th November 2020, 07:10 PM   #18
shemp

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
He'll be standing on the balcony overlooking the South Lawn shouting "Come and get me, coppers!"
"Mother of mercy, is this the end of Donald?"

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 7th November 2020, 07:48 PM   #19
wasapi
Penultimate Amazing

"Mother of mercy, is this the end of Donald?"

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
HA!
Old 7th November 2020, 08:15 PM   #20
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by turingtest View Post
...his frantic followers as endorsing a result that they will be invested in, for the next four years, as labeling a fraud...
This will be the problem over the next four years. trump's followers relentlessly labeling the Biden administration 'illegitimate.' Insisting that the election was stolen from trump and the hypocritical libtards don't even care. I expect to be reading that here, too.
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2020, 08:28 PM   #21
sackett
Philosopher

Hating him is as futile as pitying.

What region of the earth is not filled with our calamities? -- Virgil
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2020, 08:37 PM   #22
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

And the only fitting way to do this is to put him in a submersible, transport him alone to the bottom of the Mariana Trench, and open the door.
No, just cut the cable. Leave him time to understand what's happening.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2020, 08:45 PM   #23
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
"I made it Ma. Top of the world"
Old 8th November 2020, 12:44 AM   #24
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Mar a Lago
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 02:11 AM   #25
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

not on Twitter anymore.
Old 8th November 2020, 02:45 AM   #26
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

I haven't heard that. I hope it's true. Do you have a source for that?
At this stage, it all appears to be swirling rumours to do with Trump's tax statements and the state of his loans from Deutsche Bank. Which is why I said "apparently".

As far as I can find out, Trump used some of his Florida properties (he's got lots there) as collateral for loans on more properties including the Washington Post Office building (now a hotel). As far as can be determined, that includes Mar-a-Lago and a bunch of expensive properties adjacent to that compound. DB are now trying to rid themselves of all association with Trump's nefarious schemes. That means calling in due loans. And if he can't pay, they foreclose. usual practice.

Worth noting that in the past, Trump actually borrowed from Deutsche Bank to pay back a different Deutsche Bank loan. Don't know how that works...
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 02:56 AM   #27
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
At this stage, it all appears to be swirling rumours to do with Trump's tax statements and the state of his loans from Deutsche Bank. Which is why I said "apparently".

As far as I can find out, Trump used some of his Florida properties (he's got lots there) as collateral for loans on more properties including the Washington Post Office building (now a hotel). As far as can be determined, that includes Mar-a-Lago and a bunch of expensive properties adjacent to that compound. DB are now trying to rid themselves of all association with Trump's nefarious schemes. That means calling in due loans. And if he can't pay, they foreclose. usual practice.
Nah. Depends on the terms. They could also be trying to unload them to a third party, probably at a steep discount.

As for the question in the thread title, Saudi Arabia has some experience in housing fat imbecile s who used to be president.
Old 8th November 2020, 02:58 AM   #28
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by timhau View Post
Nah. Depends on the terms. They could also be trying to unload them to a third party, probably at a steep discount.

As for the question in the thread title, Saudi Arabia has some experience in housing fat imbecile s who used to be president.
Bloomberg should buy them and immediately foreclose on Trump.
Old 8th November 2020, 03:13 AM   #29
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

ISTR a rumour that Putin had bought at least some of Trump's debts from Deutsche Bank.
Old 8th November 2020, 05:12 AM   #30
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

I wonder whether Trump will actually want to have Secret Service Protection, or if he just wants a full detachment in his Hotel's Honeymoon Suit 24/7, 365 days a year.
Old 8th November 2020, 05:18 AM   #31
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Administrator

Ah, the Bob Maxwell way out; seems appropriate, they had so much else in common, bouncing cheques, for example.
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 05:43 AM   #32
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by timhau View Post
Please, please let that happen. I’d love to hear the Trump brand referred to as “junk bonds.”

As for the OP, because I don’t think it is impossible, I suspect his January 20 location will be touching down in Scotland in AirForce 1. In his mind that would be a beautiful **** you.

Of course, the more frightening question is what is he going to do each day in January. His attention addiction will make him do crazier and crazier things in order to be the lead story in every news cycle.

Last edited by Ladewig; 8th November 2020 at 05:45 AM.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 06:33 AM   #33
Dr.Sid
Illuminator

I'm voting Ivanka. That's what I would do.
Dr.Sid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 07:29 AM   #34
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Administrator

Originally Posted by Dr.Sid View Post
I'm voting Ivanka. That's what I would do.
Not without a pre-nup.
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 03:22 PM   #35
AnonyMoose
Muse

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
Please, please let that happen. I’d love to hear the Trump brand referred to as “junk bonds.”

As for the OP, because I don’t think it is impossible, I suspect his January 20 location will be touching down in Scotland in AirForce 1. In his mind that would be a beautiful **** you.

Of course, the more frightening question is what is he going to do each day in January. His attention addiction will make him do crazier and crazier things in order to be the lead story in every news cycle.

I was actually going to add his Scotland golf course to the choices, but then I decided not to because he wouldn't exactly be welcomed there with open arms. The Scots hate his guts just as much as the rest of us.

If he's going to duck out of the inauguration, I figure it will most likely be somewhere that the public/media can't get to him and harass him?

I chose golfing in Moscow just for poops and giggles. All these so-called BFF's he acquired during his presidency (Putin, Kim, Stalin, Hitler, Capone, Gambino)... surely one of them would put him up for a night or two, right? Bwahahaha.
Old 8th November 2020, 03:42 PM   #36
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Just for the record:
From Forbes:
Quote:
No aspect of Donald Trump’s business has been the subject of more speculation than his debt load. Lots of people believe the president owes $400 million, especially after Trump seemed to agree with that figure on national television Thursday night. [October 15th] In reality, however, he owes more than $1 billion. This is from a lengthy report that goes into great detail about the money trump owes on various properties. Many financial documents are reproduced.
Deutsche Bank is unhappy with trump, but for reasons other than fearing trump is going to stiff them.
Quote:
Deutsche Bank AG is looking for ways to end its relationship with President Donald Trump after the U.S. elections, as it tires of the negative publicity stemming from the ties, according to three senior bank officials with direct knowledge of the matter...The probes and the bad press, seen by one senior executive as “serious collateral damage” from the relationship, are an unwelcome distraction for the bank, the three officials said. It comes at a time when Chief Executive Christian Sewing is trying to turn Deutsche Bank around after its decades-long run at becoming a major Wall Street bank left it nursing huge losses. Reuters report
Financial reporters also say, however, trump has more than enough assets he could cash out to pay off Deutsche Bank. Forbes has estimated the value of trump's holdings are in the $2.5 billion range. Much less than trump has claimed, but enough to cover his obligations over the next few years. From an AP report published September 29th:
Quote:
“He’s going to be able to roll these loans over. They have collateral backing them up. They’re not that risky to the lenders,” said Phillip Braun, a finance professor at Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Business. AP report

Last edited by newyorkguy; 8th November 2020 at 03:45 PM.
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 03:44 PM   #37
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

In sweatpants and stained white singlet, smoking crack in a backroads dive motel with an arcing neon vacancy sign.
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 03:47 PM   #38
d4m10n
Philosopher

I still believe, firmly and passionately, that Trump will go into the ocean. He will bob and cavort and frolic and sink into the depths of the ocean. There he will find peace and joy in the crushing pressures and eternal darkness of the abyss.
Ah, the classic reverse Cthulhu.

Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
In sweatpants and stained white singlet, smoking crack in a backroads dive motel with an arcing neon vacancy sign.
Yes but which dive motel?

Last edited by d4m10n; 8th November 2020 at 03:49 PM.
d4m10n is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 03:54 PM   #39
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Perhaps he will undergo a transformative religious experience, and being touched by the light of the divine he will become an prophet of peace, love, and sensible dietary habits. He will wander around in a bedsheet, his malignant narcissism replaced by beauteous Jerusalem Syndrome, spreading compassion and wisdom until he trips into a sewer works and every bit of flesh and fat is burned off his rotting bones by blasting acidic fumes. His corroded skull will be preserved in acrylic glass, wired with colorchanging LEDs, and mounted on a resplendent obelisk on a golf course to serve as a perpetual reminder that life is short and full of strange events.
Old 8th November 2020, 05:05 PM   #40
AnonyMoose
Muse

Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post

From your lips to Odin's ears.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics