ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , politics humor

View Poll Results: Where will Trump be on Jan. 20, 2021?
At Biden's inauguration, of course 4 4.44%
At Mar-A-Lago, of course 49 54.44%
Chained to the Resolute desk, of course 5 5.56%
Golfing at the Moscow Country Club 7 7.78%
Golfing with his BFF, Kim Jong Un 0 0%
In his Trump Tower penthouse, licking his wounds 9 10.00%
Camping out on the front steps of the Supreme Court building 0 0%
In the arms of Ivanka, crying into her soft, warm... shoulders 2 2.22%
In the Metropolitan Correctional Center, carving his name next to J. Epstein 1 1.11%
Who? 12 13.33%
On Planet X, where everyone's a winner! 1 1.11%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8th November 2020, 05:28 PM   #41
Hercules Rockefeller
Woof!

Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
In sweatpants and stained white singlet, smoking crack in a backroads dive motel with an arcing neon vacancy sign.
So, Mar-a-Lago?

Old 9th November 2020, 05:21 PM   #42
slyjoe
Master Poster

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
Just for the record:
From Forbes:

Deutsche Bank is unhappy with trump, but for reasons other than fearing trump is going to stiff them.

Financial reporters also say, however, trump has more than enough assets he could cash out to pay off Deutsche Bank. Forbes has estimated the value of trump's holdings are in the $2.5 billion range. Much less than trump has claimed, but enough to cover his obligations over the next few years. From an AP report published September 29th:
I thought the 400 million plus was in unsecured, personal loans? Is that not true?
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2020, 04:23 AM   #43
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I expect he'll go to Mara Lago and tweet loudly that the presidency was stolen from him and announce his 2024 election bid.
Old 10th November 2020, 04:50 AM   #44
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I expect he'll go to Mara Lago and tweet loudly that the presidency was stolen from him and announce his 2024 election bid.
That would allow him to continue to enjoy his ego rallies for another 4 years.
Old 10th November 2020, 05:17 AM   #45
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Behind Barr's?
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2020, 07:41 AM   #46
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
That looks like ... something that was top class 35 years ago.
Old 10th November 2020, 08:16 AM   #47
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by timhau View Post
Yes, that's their famous omelet bar. Just a step up from your average Motel 6's "Free Hot Breakfast!"
Old 10th November 2020, 08:18 AM   #48
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
Yes, that's their famous omelet bar. Just a step up from your average Motel 6's "Free Hot Breakfast!"
How can you say that? There are two bottles of ketchup visible! TWO! That's luxury, that is.
Old 10th November 2020, 08:24 AM   #49
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
How can you say that? There are two bottles of ketchup visible! TWO! That's luxury, that is.
Exactly. The true connoisseur must always have two ketchup bottles available, one for ketchup and one for fart sounds.
Old 10th November 2020, 02:19 PM   #50
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

I still believe, firmly and passionately, that Trump will go into the ocean. He will bob and cavort and frolic and sink into the depths of the ocean. There he will find peace and joy in the crushing pressures and eternal darkness of the abyss. It'll be nice!
Whilst Robert Maxwell was bob-bob-bobbing, perhaps we'll see Donald duck-duck-ducking along.

Huey, Dewey and Louie, the world's oldest ducklings, grow up at last and become Demoquacks.

vilken tröst, vad än som kommer på!
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2020, 03:16 PM   #51
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

What's that on the wall, an ad for Trump U.?
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2020, 04:10 PM   #52
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

And an exotic brand from across the oceans.
Sideroxylon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2020, 04:18 PM   #53
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

I didn't think Mar a Lago was all that elegant before Trump bought it. Doesn't hold a candle to the Hearst Castle in San Simeon
Old 10th November 2020, 06:01 PM   #54
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

New plan:
Sedate Trump, move him to a movie set of the White House, an tell him he won.
Old 11th November 2020, 04:14 AM   #55
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
New plan:
Sedate Trump, move him to a movie set of the White House, an tell him he won.
And then, somewhat like The Truman Show, stream it live for four years.

See, that fake Melania will come handy after all.
Old 11th November 2020, 05:51 AM   #56
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
And then, somewhat like The Truman Show, stream it live for four years.

See, that fake Melania will come handy after all.
Yes! That could work. Take him out on a cavalcade every few months using film extras to line the road and maybe a film set Air Force One plane, where he thinks he's flying to Moscow, Paris or London but is actually looking at a screen through the window featuring fluffy clouds. Five hours later he comes out and the same film extras have changed into the local costume waving the relevant national flag. He makes his usually grab for stony-faced Melania's hand, which she has to whip away to keep up the facade of normality. Of course, she only needs to turn up on those occasions. Don won't even know she has gone off with some musclebound security guard a long time ago.

Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th November 2020, 06:26 AM   #57
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

This may be the wrong thread, but I’m not sure where else to ask.

Trump has not committed to a peaceful transition of power. What are the possible or likely alternatives? I mean, I’ve heard the Secret Service can evict him from office on January 20, but are there other scenarios? If Trump really were going to stage a coup, for example, what does that look like?
Old 11th November 2020, 06:50 AM   #58
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Trump would need to have the Military on his side, and the military would need to be willing to suppress opposition by force.
Old 12th November 2020, 05:46 PM   #59
AnonyMoose
Muse

It's starting to look more and more like Trump might chain himself to the resolute desk by the time Jan 20 rolls around afterall. Who'd a thunk a flippant joke could have the possibility of actually happening?

Kicking and screaming. We all laughed about the idea of it, but that might be exactly what we witness...

Wow.
Old 12th November 2020, 06:00 PM   #60
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

If Trump will not come to the ocean, the ocean must come to Trump. A narrow tsunami shall issue forth and sweep his orange butt into the sea. There he will be made one with the glorious waters, the sparkling waves, the midnight depths. There is no escape from the ocean, when it summons you will end up there. Sooner or later, in one piece or crushed to smithereens by mighty tidal forces, the ocean claims unto itself its prizes. Even the strongest orange is diluted to nothing by the thalassic vastness.
Old 13th November 2020, 12:53 PM   #61
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

If Trump will not come to the ocean, the ocean must come to Trump. A narrow tsunami shall issue forth and sweep his orange butt into the sea. There he will be made one with the glorious waters, the sparkling waves, the midnight depths. There is no escape from the ocean, when it summons you will end up there. Sooner or later, in one piece or crushed to smithereens by mighty tidal forces, the ocean claims unto itself its prizes. Even the strongest orange is diluted to nothing by the thalassic vastness.
Citation, please.

Old 13th November 2020, 03:01 PM   #62
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Citation, please.
I deputize you to undertake the mission of exploration, as you seem keen on it. I am content to leave this issue swathed in mystery forever.
Old 13th November 2020, 03:52 PM   #63
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

He'll be in the national cathedral in an ermine robe, placing a golden crown on his own head ala Napoleon Bonaparte.
Old 13th November 2020, 06:41 PM   #64
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

According to McEninny, he'll be attending his own inauguration.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2020, 07:02 PM   #65
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
According to McEninny, he'll be attending his own inauguration.
Stuff I don't get: She's pretty young. Does she not realize what this does to her future?

Oh, yeah: A lifetime of secure lucrative gigs on Breitbart, Fox, TheBlaze, OAN, The Federalist, etc.
Old 14th November 2020, 08:39 AM   #66
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
That would allow him to continue to enjoy his ego rallies for another 4 years.
It also allows him to funnel campaign money to himself by holding events on his properties.
Old 15th November 2020, 01:00 PM   #67
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Athyrio View Post
Since there ain’t no god then there ain’t no hell but I do like the frying part.
Is the electric chair still used for federal executions? If he tries to engineer an actual coup, after the Electoral college officially chooses Biden, he could conceivably be convicted of treason, which I believe still carries the death penalty. I will probably be take longer than until Jan. 20 to convict him though. More likely he will just refuse to leave the White House, which would probably get him charged with no worse than trespassing, after the Secret Service (or whoever) drags him out of thers.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2020, 01:14 PM   #68
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
Is the electric chair still used for federal executions? If he tries to engineer an actual coup, after the Electoral college officially chooses Biden, he could conceivably be convicted of treason, which I believe still carries the death penalty. I will probably be take longer than until Jan. 20 to convict him though. More likely he will just refuse to leave the White House, which would probably get him charged with no worse than trespassing, after the Secret Service (or whoever) drags him out of thers.
I think he's been trying to engineer an actual coup. Just failing miserably at the task. The courts have rejected him on every case. The states have rejected him.

And while he may be the Commander in Chief of US Armed Forces, the military doesn't take an oath to the President, they take an oath to the Constitution.

Plus, they despise him.

Last edited by acbytesla; 15th November 2020 at 01:59 PM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2020, 01:33 PM   #69
Cain
Straussian

Trump's fighting for us. He's going to pull the troops out of Afghanistan (endless wars are bad!) and post them at the White House. See, liberals -- THAT'S how you defend America.
Old 15th November 2020, 01:52 PM   #70
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I think he's been trying to engineer an actual coup. Just failing miserably at the task. The courts have rejected him on every case. The states have rejected him.

And while he may be the Commander in Chief of US Armed Forces, but the military doesn't take an oath to the President, they take an oath to the Constitution.

Plus, they despise him.
The POTUS gets mention in the oath as someone, in his role as commander in chief, whose orders you are obligied to obey AS LONG AS THEY ARE LAWFUL> But yes, the emphasis in the oath...and this is explained to you inbasic,,,is to the Constitution,which you have to "Preserve, Protect and Defend against all enemies, foreign and domestic". Trump is rapidly becoming one of those enemies.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2020, 10:04 PM   #71
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Trump's fighting for us. He's going to pull the troops out of Afghanistan (endless wars are bad!) and post them at the White House. See, liberals -- THAT'S how you defend America.

We should have known that stopping our wars abroad means starting a war at home.
Old 15th November 2020, 10:12 PM   #72
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
This may be the wrong thread, but I’m not sure where else to ask.
The Trump Coup d'Etat thread?

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=347882
Old 16th November 2020, 02:40 AM   #73
Woolgatherer
Graduate Poster

At Biden's inauguration, of course- with an early exit in anger.
Woolgatherer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 03:28 AM   #74
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Woolgatherer View Post
At Biden's inauguration, of course- with an early exit in anger.
my White House Sauces tell me that Trump is planning to snatch the Bible Biden will be sworn in at the last second, thus giving him another term!
Because that is how that works.
Old 16th November 2020, 03:36 AM   #75
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

I deputize you to undertake the mission of exploration, as you seem keen on it. I am content to leave this issue swathed in mystery forever.
As are we all.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 04:37 AM   #76
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
If only I had looked three hours into the future...
Old 16th November 2020, 04:53 AM   #77
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

my White House Sauces tell me that Trump is planning to snatch the Bible Biden will be sworn in at the last second, thus giving him another term!
Hey, maybe he can just wait till Biden's about to be sworn in, then shout "I, Donald, a human soul of the family Trump, refuse to contract with you for the service of becoming President of the United States of America." Then all he has to do is point out how the gold trim round the flag means that the inauguration is being held under Admiralty Law, and he'll magically get his second term.

Dave

- Myriad
Dave Rogers is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 05:07 AM   #78
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

I undertook said research, as directed, looking up the auspicious research tool Google Images and I regret to inform you that none are suitable for the delicate eyes of ISF readers. I myself need to detoxify having served the interests of humanity in this essential fact-finding project. I think chocolate Enkeli nougat might be the perfect antidote.

Old 16th November 2020, 09:23 AM   #79
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I could see something like that. It would be a useful image to his supporters, standing to be sworn in for a second term and being rebuffed by the chief justice, Biden, the Secret Service. To him it wouldn't be a humiliation. It would be validation of a conspiracy against him.
Old 16th November 2020, 09:47 AM   #80
Cavemonster
Philosopher

You forget that Trump can't stand the spotlight being off him. It's pathological. Remember his dueling town hall?

So the idea that he'd prefer to be quietly doing ANYTHING out of the public eye while Biden gets a lot of attention is massively out of character.

I'm not sure exactly how his cry for attention will manifest, but I've got a few guesses.

He might try to counterprogram with a rally or a press conference, teasing some bombshell announcement.

He might attempt to do something at the last minute using his presidential powers to create a news moment that overshadows the inauguration. Maybe declaring war or launching a nuke? announcing that a foreign power had tampered in the election rendering it moot?

Not sure what he will do, but the most out of character thing would be for him to be off camera anywhere that day.
The weakness of all Utopias is this, ... They first assume that no man will want more than his share, and then are very ingenious in explaining whether his share will be delivered by motorcar or balloon.
-G.K. CHESTERTON
Cavemonster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics