ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2020 elections , donald trump , joe biden

Old 8th November 2020, 06:58 PM   #81
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Donald Trump Jr. tweeted
@DonaldJTrumpJr

America Wonít Trust Elections Until The Voter Fraud Is Investigated
Actually, about 75 million of us are totally okay with how the election went.
Old 8th November 2020, 06:59 PM   #82
wareyin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by SezMe View Post
A butt dial, but it was a post instead of dial. I didn't think "butt post"* would sound mature.

* tee hee
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 07:00 PM   #83
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Put the election under audit with Trump's taxes.
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 07:04 PM   #84
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Eric Trump tweeted
@EricTrump

Software from hell! There needs to be a manual recount of every ballot in this country right now!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 07:04 PM   #85
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

And at least half of the others trust that the outcome is real. It's sad that there are so many people who don't, but when the President is actively working to subvert that trust, what do you expect? It's very, very, bad.

And, I don't think anyone would object to fraud investigations. In fact, I think it should absolutely be done, as long as it's not too expensive. If you throw in voter suppression along with voter fraud, I would welcome an investigation.
Old 8th November 2020, 07:04 PM   #86
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Donald Trump Jr. tweeted
@DonaldJTrumpJr

America Won’t Trust Elections Until The Voter Fraud Is Investigated
Jr is a chip off the block. He has ZERO evidence of Voter Fraud and yet he insists that it be investigated.

Man am I sick of Trump family members pulling a turd out of their ass and demanding that we examine it.

Last edited by acbytesla; 8th November 2020 at 07:11 PM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 07:08 PM   #87
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

Donald Trump Jr. tweeted
@DonaldJTrumpJr

America Wonít Trust Elections Until The Voter Fraud Is Investigated
The sheer dishonesty on display here is just sickening. You can't know if it's fraud until it's investigated; and "not trusting elections" is exactly the outcome you and your dad have been aiming for from the beginning of the campaign and want to maintain now, for no other reason than that narrative's usefulness to you.

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 07:12 PM   #88
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Meadmaker View Post
And at least half of the others trust that the outcome is real. It's sad that there are so many people who don't, but when the President is actively working to subvert that trust, what do you expect? It's very, very, bad.

And, I don't think anyone would object to fraud investigations. In fact, I think it should absolutely be done, as long as it's not too expensive. If you throw in voter suppression along with voter fraud, I would welcome an investigation.
Absent Trump or the campaign coming up with the five Ws on a specific instance of fraud, I don't see why we would need an investigation. 145ish million ballots is kind of a big place to start.
Old 8th November 2020, 07:13 PM   #89
eerok
Quixoticist

Eric Trump tweeted
@EricTrump

Software from hell! There needs to be a manual recount of every ballot in this country right now!
Every ballot in the country? What a buffoon.
Old 8th November 2020, 07:16 PM   #90
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Eric Trump tweeted
@EricTrump

Get those traders back in here! Turn those machines back on!

Wollen owns the stage
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 07:20 PM   #91
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...

Originally Posted by eerok View Post
Well, Trump's got one son who speaks for the dishonest among his supporters, so he needs the other one to speak for the abysmally stupid.

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 07:25 PM   #92
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Meanwhile:

Arkansas police chief resigns after calling for violence against Democrats

Quote:
(CNN)An Arkansas police chief who posted calls for violence against Democrats on social media resigned from his job on Saturday.

Lang Holland, who was police chief of the roughly 1,300-person city of Marshall, Arkansas, drew outrage from both local residents and people around the country after making ominous comments online in recent days. In addition to repeatedly saying Democrats should be killed, he shared memes from conspiracy theory QAnon and claimed that the election was being stolen.

"Death to all Marxist Democrats," Holland posted on Parler, a new social media site popular with conservatives and used as an alternative to Twitter. "Take no prisoners leave no survivors!!"

One image he shared depicted a group of Democrats, including Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama, wearing prison jumpsuits. Under the image he wrote: "I pray all those in that picture hang on the gallows and are drawn and quartered!!!! Anything less is not acceptable."

CNN could not reach Holland for comment. His Parler account was made private on Saturday.
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 07:27 PM   #93
Dr.Sid
Illuminator

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
Is this covered by freedom of speech in US ? It's not here. This would 2 years in prison, possibly parole, depending on context.
Dr.Sid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 07:32 PM   #94
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by turingtest View Post
Well, Trump's got one son who speaks for the dishonest among his supporters, so he needs the other one to speak for the abysmally stupid.
One (darkly) funny thing is that I believe Trump could pay for recounts in some states, but it's not cheap, his campaign is broke, and he'd never spend his own money.

And of course he'd take the risk of losing more bigly.
Old 8th November 2020, 07:33 PM   #95
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by trustbutverify View Post
Mortimer, your brother is not well. We'd better call an ambulance.
Old 8th November 2020, 07:37 PM   #96
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

Absent Trump or the campaign coming up with the five Ws on a specific instance of fraud, I don't see why we would need an investigation. 145ish million ballots is kind of a big place to start.
I think there's a certain amount of what you might call "maintenance" type investigations that are useful in assuring the public that there's nothing to the allegations. Not that it will ever be 100% effective, either. As the old saying goes, you can't reason someone out of something that he didn't reason himself into.

The people shouting the loudest about election fraud are, of course, not thinking at all. They're just saying that if their guy lost, it much be fraud. Those people cannot be reached at all. Beyond that, though, there's another group who hears the allegations, and can't come up with any explanation for the sketchy evidence, and sees the allegations dismissed, and begins to think maybe there's something to it.

People who come here are more likely to have investigated some sort of conspiracy theories before, and see all of the tell-tale signs of a CT in the "evidence" of election fraud today. However, most people have never done that. A little bit of official word demonstrating why the apparently suspicious activity has a perfectly innocent explanation, or that the effect is so tiny the suspicious ballots could not have changed anything, would go a long way toward convincing the ones on the fence about whether they think there might be election fraud.

For example, I just saw a video of a group of yahoos in our state capital of Lansing, Michigan, chanting "Dead People Voted!" So, they are sure that lots of dead people voted and they probably think Michigan was stolen, or at least that the evil Democrats did the same thing in Georgia and stole that one. Maybe they saw the video, posted on this forum from a tweet, showing what appeared to be evidence that a vote was received from a 120 year old woman in Jackson County. Well, I saw that video, and I cannot come up with a convincing explanation of how that came to pass. I'm sure lots of other people saw that video, too, and some, failing to come up with a non-fraudulent explanation, are sure that means it proves vote fraud.

So, I would like someone to look into what happened there. I don't mean a million dollar investigation. I just mean that I think it would be worth the effort if someone in the Jackson County Clerk's office checked out whether the video is really legitimate, whether the woman in question really represents a woman, long since passed away, but who is still on the voter rolls, but who nevertheless recorded a vote. I'm guessing not, but I don't know the explanation of how that might have come to pass any other way.

It just helps to reassure people. If you can show them that one or two of the "proof of voter fraud" videos that they have seen on youtube are not legitimate, they might think that there's probably good explanations for the others, too. If you ignore all of them, and just say, "There's no evidence.", the people might think that you are just ignoring the evidence.

ETA: Newt Gingrich is running around talking about vote fraud, and citing an example from the Franken-Coleman recount about an envelope full of ballots that magically appeared to put the Democrat, Franken, over the top. Well, I know exactly the envelope he's talking about, and why the overwhelming evidence is that it was a perfectly legitimate envelope full of real votes, that should have been, and was, counted. However, I follow this sort of thing a lot more closely than most. If you can find the most widespread allegations you can find, and put together a report detailing the reasons why this is almost certainly not voter fraud, it could make a difference in the mind of some of the protestors. Not all, of course. Some are hopeless, but some are reachable.

Last edited by Meadmaker; 8th November 2020 at 07:44 PM.
Meadmaker is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 07:39 PM   #97
shemp

Originally Posted by Dr.Sid View Post
Is this covered by freedom of speech in US ? It's not here. This would 2 years in prison, possibly parole, depending on context.
Unlike your country, we're not a communist country.

Seriously, it's not illegal here, although the Secret Service might want to have a chat with him to determine if he's made a credible threat. But the First Amendment only protects your right to free speech; it does not protect him from the decisions of his employer, who has a legal right to "request" his resignation.
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 07:41 PM   #98
Regnad Kcin
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Distracted1 View Post
Will Trump yield, and this avoid? Or guilty in defense be thus destroyed?
Burma Shave
Old 8th November 2020, 07:45 PM   #99
Tero
Master Poster

some satire on that topic:

http://karireport.blogspot.com/2020/...0-863-097.html
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 07:48 PM   #100
Elagabalus
Philosopher

I think there's a certain amount of what you might call "maintenance" type investigations that are useful in assuring the public that there's nothing to the allegations. Not that it will ever be 100% effective, either. As the old saying goes, you can't reason someone out of something that he didn't reason himself into.

The people shouting the loudest about election fraud are, of course, not thinking at all. They're just saying that if their guy lost, it much be fraud. Those people cannot be reached at all. Beyond that, though, there's another group who hears the allegations, and can't come up with any explanation for the sketchy evidence, and sees the allegations dismissed, and begins to think maybe there's something to it.

People who come here are more likely to have investigated some sort of conspiracy theories before, and see all of the tell-tale signs of a CT in the "evidence" of election fraud today. However, most people have never done that. A little bit of official word demonstrating why the apparently suspicious activity has a perfectly innocent explanation, or that the effect is so tiny the suspicious ballots could not have changed anything, would go a long way toward convincing the ones on the fence about whether they think there might be election fraud.

For example, I just saw a video of a group of yahoos in our state capital of Lansing, Michigan, chanting "Dead People Voted!" So, they are sure that lots of dead people voted and they probably think Michigan was stolen, or at least that the evil Democrats did the same thing in Georgia and stole that one. Maybe they saw the video, posted on this forum from a tweet, showing what appeared to be evidence that a vote was received from a 120 year old woman in Jackson County. Well, I saw that video, and I cannot come up with a convincing explanation of how that came to pass. I'm sure lots of other people saw that video, too, and some, failing to come up with a non-fraudulent explanation, are sure that means it proves vote fraud.

So, I would like someone to look into what happened there. I don't mean a million dollar investigation. I just mean that I think it would be worth the effort if someone in the Jackson County Clerk's office checked out whether the video is really legitimate, whether the woman in question really represents a woman, long since passed away, but who is still on the voter rolls, but who nevertheless recorded a vote. I'm guessing not, but I don't know the explanation of how that might have come to pass any other way.

It just helps to reassure people. If you can show them that one or two of the "proof of voter fraud" videos that they have seen on youtube are not legitimate, they might think that there's probably good explanations for the others, too. If you ignore all of them, and just say, "There's no evidence.", the people might think that you are just ignoring the evidence.

I agree about the maintenance thing. But it's basically for us just see there's no there there. I don't think you'll convince this gal from Az.

CBC YT @ 0:20

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

put the comments on "most recent". Very funny!

ETA: Just for more laughs. Here's Giuliani's presser form the Four Seasons Total Landscaping from Skynews.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Last edited by Elagabalus; 8th November 2020 at 07:51 PM.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 07:51 PM   #101
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Tero View Post
This is what Trump wants, though, except he wants the recount to take four years, then his term can start, and then he gets a do-over for the Russia Hoax, which makes him president until 2032.
Old 8th November 2020, 07:54 PM   #102
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

ETA: Newt Gingrich is running around talking about vote fraud, and citing an example from the Franken-Coleman recount about an envelope full of ballots that magically appeared to put the Democrat, Franken, over the top. Well, I know exactly the envelope he's talking about, and why the overwhelming evidence is that it was a perfectly legitimate envelope full of real votes, that should have been, and was, counted. However, I follow this sort of thing a lot more closely than most. If you can find the most widespread allegations you can find, and put together a report detailing the reasons why this is almost certainly not voter fraud, it could make a difference in the mind of some of the protestors. Not all, of course. Some are hopeless, but some are reachable.
It's funny. I watched a report today about Alabama ballots being delivered to a residence in Texas. An immediate thought is that something nefarious going on. Maybe with the USPS perhaps? But a cursory examination with an open mind suggest that while something strange did happen, two ballots being misdelivered is not persuasive evidence of anything corrupt.
Old 8th November 2020, 08:02 PM   #103
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

You can say pretty much what you want, as long as you don't act on it or incite others to act. But a public official who says stuff like that can't keep his job.

Another link (that I can't find again) said this guy is the "chief" of a two-person department. One thing that's weird about the U.S. is that there are as many as 18,000 (nobody seems to know exactly how many) individual police and sheriff's departments, with their own standards for hiring, training and supervision. Most countries have national or regional police forces; our departments range from the NYPD and the LAPD to Officer Oppie and his big dog.

Last edited by Bob001; 8th November 2020 at 08:04 PM.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 08:05 PM   #104
shemp

This is what Trump wants, though, except he wants the recount to take four years, then his term can start, and then he gets a do-over for the Russia Hoax, which makes him president until 2032.
I have a better idea. Chuck him into a dungeon, and forget about him.
Old 8th November 2020, 08:09 PM   #105
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
You can say pretty much what you want, as long as you don't act on it or incite others to act. But a public official who says stuff like that can't keep his job.
You could justifiably argue he was inciting others to act. This police officer posted "Death to Democrats" and "don't leave any survivors".
Old 8th November 2020, 08:09 PM   #106
eerok
Quixoticist

Oh, there's lots of better ideas, and a dungeon is a start.
Old 8th November 2020, 08:20 PM   #107
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Edgar Allan Poe had the right idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cask_of_Amontillado
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 08:23 PM   #108
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Edgar Allan Poe had the right idea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cask_of_Amontillado
Conveniently, Trump is always eager for more whine.
Old 8th November 2020, 08:27 PM   #109
Meadmaker
Penultimate Amazing

No it isn't. The issue is getting a conviction.

What he said consisted of cliches and stock language. "Take no prisoners. Leave no survivors" sounds like some sort of role playing, hyperbolic type speech, not meant to be taken seriously.

In order to get a conviction, you have to convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt that his words represented a credible and deliberate incitement to violence. Realistically, they probably did not. I doubt that guy actually wanted anyone to pick up a gun and shoot someone.

On the other hand, to get him fired, all you have to do is decide that no good can come of it, that it showed very poor judgement, and that some moron out there in dumbassland might actually take you seriously, and that by making a remark like that, you made the city look bad. (Or county, or state, or wherever the guy worked for.)
Old 8th November 2020, 08:30 PM   #110
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Conveniently, Trump is always eager for more whine.
Da boom TISH!
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 08:31 PM   #111
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Sorry Mr. Duke... margin call.

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 09:04 PM   #112
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Unlike your country, we're not a communist country.

Seriously, it's not illegal here, although the Secret Service might want to have a chat with him to determine if he's made a credible threat. But the First Amendment only protects your right to free speech; it does not protect him from the decisions of his employer, who has a legal right to "request" his resignation.
There has to be a point where incitement to harassment, violence and murder count for something in a rational society. This kind of filth can't be tolerated forever.

Wollen owns the stage
trustbutverify is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 09:09 PM   #113
eerok
Quixoticist

Here's some more schadenfreude for those with a stomach for it.

TRUMP SUPPORTERS COMPILATION [/r/PublicFreakout]
Old 8th November 2020, 09:11 PM   #114
trustbutverify
Philosopher

There have been fireworks going off all day in my neighborhood since it became official. Church bells have been ringing in several European cities.

Wollen owns the stage
Old 8th November 2020, 09:11 PM   #115
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

Here's some more schadenfreude for those with a stomach for it.

TRUMP SUPPORTERS COMPILATION [/r/PublicFreakout]
Wait, those red hats look familiar. Aren't these the same people who made fun of us for being shocked and horrified when Trump won? Because I swear these are the same red hat crowd that made fun of us for being shocked and horrified. I swear it's the same facist red hat crowd. Is there more than one facist red hat crowd?

eta It's not a straight up whataboutism, though. There's a difference. We were horrified that a corrupt, incompetent, racist, misogynist, divisive, authoritarian supporter of violent extremism won. They are horrified that their corrupt, incompetent, racist, misogynist, divisive, authoritarian supporter of violent extremism lost.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig

Last edited by Safe-Keeper; 8th November 2020 at 09:15 PM.
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 09:13 PM   #116
Skeptic Tank
Trigger Warning

I'm sure the consensus in this thread (haven't been keeping up with it) is that the claims of election tampering / fraud, etc. are overblown, stuff that always happens, not enough to change the outcome, outright lies, rumor, speculation, whatever.

That is what I'd expect folks here to think.

I personally have seen enough evidence going around to put us well beyond the point of justifying a careful, deliberate look and recount in specific states.

There are some serious abnormalities.

When it all gets hashed out, will it be enough to overturn the result as it stands now? Maybe, maybe not. I would say the odds are probably against Trump here.

So why did I make the renewed declaration and the avatar bet, then? Because I find doubling down / long shots / die hard mentality to be appealing and worthy of subscription.
Skeptic Tank is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 09:16 PM   #117
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

There have been fireworks going off all day in my neighborhood since it became official. Church bells have been ringing in several European cities.
To be fair, in England they were (mostly) for bonfire night.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2020, 09:24 PM   #118
trustbutverify
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
To be fair, in England they were (mostly) for bonfire night.
Wasn't that on Thursday?

Wollen owns the stage
Old 8th November 2020, 09:28 PM   #119
eerok
Quixoticist

Originally Posted by Skeptic Tank View Post
I'm sure the consensus in this thread (haven't been keeping up with it) is that the claims of election tampering / fraud, etc. are overblown, stuff that always happens, not enough to change the outcome, outright lies, rumor, speculation, whatever.

That is what I'd expect folks here to think.
Yup.

I personally have seen enough evidence going around to put us well beyond the point of justifying a careful, deliberate look and recount in specific states.
I don't believe this.

There are some serious abnormalities.
I don't believe this either.

When it all gets hashed out, will it be enough to overturn the result as it stands now? Maybe, maybe not. I would say the odds are probably against Trump here.
Trump has lost. There is no chance that he can lie his way out off a failed election, despite him having lied his way through his whole life.

So why did I make the renewed declaration and the avatar bet, then? Because I find doubling down / long shots / die hard mentality to be appealing and worthy of subscription.
All I know is that from what I've seen your choices are poor in general, and it really makes no difference.
Old 8th November 2020, 09:39 PM   #120
TahiniBinShawarma
Muse

Originally Posted by Roger Ramjets View Post
How is he doing that?

He gave us some information on 'how the U.S. State Dept explained Ukraine electoral fraud', which presumably is factual. As to what relevance this has to the current US election or what it might mean, he did not state an opinion.

Please don't accuse other posters of 'intentionally promoting spreading false facts and promoting a false narrative' when they just quote from a link and otherwise 'have no opinion on that'. Because it's a trap.
Thank you Roger. My only reason for posting this information is because it seems to be exactly what the Trump side is alleging. The merits of that are in question. I don't feel they are obligated(legally) to tip their hand before they file their suits, which I believe is happening tomorrow.
TahiniBinShawarma is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics