ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags protest incidents , protest issues , proud boys , Trump supporters

Old 14th November 2020, 07:30 PM   #81
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

it has turned violent, one person stabbed and in critical condition.
Everything is still confused, but the CNN rewporter indicated the Trumpers were the aggressos.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2020, 07:42 PM   #82
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
It reminds me of footage of Hitler at a rally in Nazi Germany.
But with far fewer in attendance.
Old 14th November 2020, 07:44 PM   #83
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Garrison View Post
So Trump is supposed to be in this desperate fight to unmask the fraud that is robbing him of the Presidency, but he's got time to spend the afternoon on the golf course?
Sort of like OJ after being acquitted.
Old 14th November 2020, 07:58 PM   #84
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Everything is still confused, but the CNN rewporter indicated the Trumpers were the aggressos.
I'm confused about these terms. Are they new types of insults, or just more typos? At least I'm familiar with "Trumpers".
Old 14th November 2020, 08:05 PM   #85
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Typos.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2020, 08:53 PM   #86
Mumbles
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Garrison View Post
So Trump is supposed to be in this desperate fight to unmask the fraud that is robbing him of the Presidency, but he's got time to spend the afternoon on the golf course?
Don't worry, he has that ace lawyer Rudy GuiliahAHAHAHAHA! They're done.

Anyway, it's the expected mess, MAGAts attacking people, ranting about the white race at the Washington monument, and so forth. Basically, what you expect when white supremacists decide to run into a mostly black city.
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2020, 09:04 PM   #87
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post
What they don't realize is Trump no longer has any use for them and probably partially blames them for not working hard enough to keep Biden from stealing the election. Their praise is worthless.
So it's like in Downfall, where Hitler reveals how little he cares about the German people, especially when they let him down and allow the Allies and Russians to win the war?

Really, they should've realised a long time ago, if nothing else when he got many hundreds of them killed with his super-spreader rallies.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2020, 09:30 PM   #88
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Did you see them when Trump's motorcade went by?...

Originally Posted by AJM8125 View Post
What they don't realize is Trump no longer has any use for them and probably partially blames them for not working hard enough to keep Biden from stealing the election...

A national embarrassment. Stick a fork in them. They're done!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trumpty do dah.jpg (105.0 KB, 35 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2020, 12:26 AM   #89
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Seems as though , according ot the Park Service; a littlle over 11'000 showed up,
I guess in Trumpworld 11000 is the new Million.
That math is how Trump gets to be a billionaire.
Old 15th November 2020, 01:03 AM   #90
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
No, they made the Million. Just socially distanced themselves across the Eastern Seaboard. Pretty responsible of them, tbh.
For a fleeting moment I thought, ow, that's fine, but noooooooooo

This being said, you people here make fun about that Million MAGA March because you are jealous of the cool guys, like this one with a rotating New World Order pyramid on his head:
mad1.jpg

Other pictures from the march are less funny, though
mad2.jpgmad3.jpg

All from this Tweeter thread: https://twitter.com/willsommer/statu...49870774231040
Old 15th November 2020, 03:56 AM   #91
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cavemonster View Post
You really want their behavior to be your baseline?
I prefer to think of it as a starting point.
Old 15th November 2020, 04:04 AM   #92
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Apparently they destroyed the BLM memorial in front of the White House.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2020, 04:12 AM   #93
angrysoba
Philosophile

Originally Posted by Firestone View Post
Not my pedophile?

Who is her pedophile?
"The thief and the murderer follow nature just as much as the philanthropist. Cosmic evolution may teach us how the good and the evil tendencies of man may have come about; but, in itself, it is incompetent to furnish any better reason why what we call good is preferable to what we call evil than we had before."

"Evolution and Ethics" T.H. Huxley (1893)
angrysoba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2020, 04:20 AM   #94
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
Not my pedophile?

Who is her pedophile?
Trump.

Obviously, Trump is her pedophile.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2020, 04:27 AM   #95
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump has given up on the million

Trump Tweets

The Fake News Media hardly even discussed the tens of thousands of people that came to D.C. Formed organically, and in many parts of the Country!

Radical Left ANTIFA SCUM was easily rebuffed today by the big D.C. MAGA Rally crowd, only to return at night, after 99% of the crowd had left, to assault elderly people and families. Police got there, but late. Mayor is not doing her job!

ANTIFA SCUM ran for the hills today when they tried attacking the people at the Trump Rally, because those people aggressively fought back. Antifa waited until tonight, when 99% were gone, to attack innocent #MAGA People. DC Police, get going — do your job and don’t hold back!!!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2020, 04:30 AM   #96
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump commented on a video of this but the video has been taken down

Trump Tweeted

Human Radical Left garbage did this. Being arrested now! https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status...65440001503232
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2020, 05:16 AM   #97
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by angrysoba View Post
Not my pedophile?

Who is her pedophile?
Someone should tell her that most people don't have pedophiles.
Old 15th November 2020, 05:33 AM   #98
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump has given up on the million

Trump Tweets

The Fake News Media hardly even discussed the tens of thousands of people that came to D.C. Formed organically...

Rather like a compost heap.

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2020, 05:38 AM   #99
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
A million MAGA march of 259 people. I think we found out why they think Trump won: numbers are hard.
One suspects they go: "One, Two, Lots"
Old 15th November 2020, 05:39 AM   #100
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Lafayeete park across from the White House is pretty much inhabited by protestors 24/7. It's sort of the American answer to Speaker's corner in Hyde park in London.
Apart from when the President wants to walk across it?
Old 15th November 2020, 06:06 AM   #101
Safe-Keeper
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by uke2se View Post
Just watched a video on YouTube. A sad sight (both the protesters and their actions)..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tdWvDtD60qA

I guess they're still sore the Führer's election was stolen, and jealous of the other side's crowd sizes.
"He's like a drunk being given a sobriety test by the police after being pulled over. Just as a drunk can't walk a straight line, Trump can't think in a straight line. He's all over the place."--Stacyhs
"If you are still hung up on that whole words-have-meaning thing, then 2020 is going to be a long year for you." --Ladewig
Safe-Keeper is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2020, 06:21 AM   #102
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by uke2se View Post
Just what you'd expect from their kind.
Old 15th November 2020, 06:47 AM   #103
Mumbles
Philosopher

Just what you'd expect from their kind.
And while cops sat there, notably not firing tear gas and rubber bullets wildly.

It'll be rebuilt, of course - it's actually a temporary memorial attached to the fence Orange Badman had placed around the White House to protect him from the horrible dark horde outside once he moved in (and which I hope leaves with him, although it's a low priority item).
Mumbles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2020, 07:01 AM   #104
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Glad no one thought it worth live and limb to protect the memorial - unlike car dealerships, of course, which need to be defended with lethal force.
Old 15th November 2020, 08:42 AM   #105
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

Some of Trump’s “very fine people” were in attendance:
Quote:
Fox anchor Eric Shawn broke from his conversation with a Republican strategist to say, “We’ve just seen a very disturbing sign. It said, ‘Coming for Blacks and Indians first welcome to the New World Order.’
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2020, 10:27 PM   #106
Hlafordlaes
Disorder of Kilopi

That parade of American luminaries and future Nobel winners sure 'nuf was convincing!

The world can now confirm that China is the future.

I hear knee pads are the next hot investment opportunity.
Old 15th November 2020, 11:43 PM   #107
Mumbles
Philosopher

In any case, while I see medium as questionable given anyone can post to it as far as I know, here's a link to video of Trumpists attacking a trans person, tearing down BLM signs, bragging about stabbing people, and generally acting a fool.
Old 15th November 2020, 11:50 PM   #108
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

I do not believe any of the attendees could accurately say WHY they were there, or explain HOW Trump's election was apparently stolen. In short, they were there to strut and shout and get on TV (oh dear, which is the MSM they loathe and detest ).
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 03:10 AM   #109
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
Just watched a video on YouTube. A sad sight (both the protesters and their actions)..

I guess they're still sore the Führer's election was stolen, and jealous of the other side's crowd sizes.
President Trump cut a pathetic figure excitedly, and expectantly, looking out of the window of his limousine at the hundreds of supporters.

A real strong man would have sped past, taking the crowd's adulation for granted, he wouldn't have his nose pressed against the window like a child peering into a sweet shop.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 03:44 AM   #110
erlando
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post

Nothing says "peaceful protester" like helmets and bullet vests
Old 16th November 2020, 05:31 AM   #111
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Andy Ngo briefly in the mainstream news after Trump retweets one of his propaganda videos.

The video shows a MAGA marcher getting beaten unconscious by a mob of local counterprotestors. As has become the MO for Ngo, the longer clip is strategically edited to remove the portion of the video that shows the soon-to-be unconscious MAGA CHUD being the aggressor.

The video shows the man taking part in a unprovoked assault on a protestor with a megaphone, ironically attempting to stomp on his head after being pushed to the ground. He would shortly be knocked to the ground and booted unconscious as a direct response to his aggression.

https://twitter.com/chadloder/status...97689304510465

Andy has since deleted his tweet, but the propaganda damage is already done.

The other CHUD who started the assault by attacking the megaphone man from behind is nowhere to be seen in the resulting fray in which his accomplice is beaten unconscious. So much for solidarity.

Edit: correction on my part, video does not show him being kicked unconscious.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 16th November 2020 at 06:12 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 05:43 AM   #112
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Despite committing numerous acts of vandalism, blocking streets, and committing assaults in plain view of the police, at no point was the assembly declared unlawful. The cops that spent the summer coating the streets in tear gas and letting the rubber bullets fly seem a bit more reticent when it's the right wing in their sights.

I wonder why.
Old 16th November 2020, 05:55 AM   #113
newyorkguy
Penultimate Amazing

The video linked doesn't show 'the man' getting "knocked to the ground and booted unconscious." It shows this middle-aged man acting out-of-control aggressively, before finally being sucker-punched and falling face forward to the ground. Then the video ends.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Aggressor screen cap Youtube from 11142020 DC March.jpg (65.3 KB, 25 views)
newyorkguy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 06:02 AM   #114
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
[...] the longer clip is strategically edited to remove the portion of the video that shows the soon-to-be unconscious MAGA CHUD being the aggressor[...]
Look, I know feelings are running high, and people need some kind of catharsis, but calling these marchers CHUDs is divisive, demeaning and unnecessarily insulting. As I recall, the Moorlocks were underground-dwelling humanoids who practiced cannibalism, and they were quite intelligent with a well-developed form of society.

Dave

- Myriad
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 06:07 AM   #115
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

Originally Posted by newyorkguy View Post
The video linked doesn't show 'the man' getting "knocked to the ground and booted unconscious." It shows this middle-aged man acting out-of-control aggressively, before finally being sucker-punched and falling face forward to the ground. Then the video ends.
Apologies, that was from recollection. There is another video I had seen that runs a bit longer, from a different angle that shows the guy getting kicked after going down.

He gets kicked a couple times, but none to the head, and seems a pretty restrained response by the crowd to his aggression.

It ends with what looks like a couple of counter protestor types hauling him off the street to recover.

https://twitter.com/FromKalen/status...54319437946882
Old 16th November 2020, 07:21 AM   #116
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Despite committing numerous acts of vandalism, blocking streets, and committing assaults in plain view of the police, at no point was the assembly declared unlawful. The cops that spent the summer coating the streets in tear gas and letting the rubber bullets fly seem a bit more reticent when it's the right wing in their sights.

I wonder why.
DC Metro cops rarely do any of that. They didn't declare any Black Lives Matter protests illegal though they did impose a curfew. DC cops did make about 20 arrests on Saturday and Sunday including (according our local news) four for gun possession charges.

The federal cops around the White House and the Mall are a completely different story. The goon squad that cleared out Lafayette Square were NPS Police, Secret Service Uniform and Bureau of Prisons riot control teams.
Old 16th November 2020, 07:37 AM   #117
Foggy of the Fogbow
Thinker

It's too bad there wasn't anyone in charge of running the government before the election, or they might have been able to prevent all this massive cheating and fraud and stuff. I'm so old, I remember when we used to have a "president" who was supposed to keep really bad things from happening in this great land of ours.

Sigh.
Old 16th November 2020, 07:58 AM   #118
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by Foggy of the Fogbow View Post
It's too bad there wasn't anyone in charge of running the government before the election, or they might have been able to prevent all this massive cheating and fraud and stuff. I'm so old, I remember when we used to have a "president" who was supposed to keep really bad things from happening in this great land of ours.

Sigh.
Yeah totally Biden's fault!
Old 16th November 2020, 08:04 AM   #119
SuburbanTurkey
Philosopher

DC Metro cops rarely do any of that. They didn't declare any Black Lives Matter protests illegal though they did impose a curfew. DC cops did make about 20 arrests on Saturday and Sunday including (according our local news) four for gun possession charges.

The federal cops around the White House and the Mall are a completely different story. The goon squad that cleared out Lafayette Square were NPS Police, Secret Service Uniform and Bureau of Prisons riot control teams.
Sure, DC isn't Portland.

It's still hard to imagine anyone but right wingers getting away with this kind of activity in plain view of the police.

https://twitter.com/ChriswithaCame1/...02821920518144

Fascists beating a fleeing woman in the streets and violently resisting a cop that tries to intervene. After the cop finally wrestles the first attacker off, the mob resumes beating the victim.

There is no way a similarly violent left wing mob would get the same treatment from the DC police.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 16th November 2020 at 08:06 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2020, 08:36 AM   #120
Tolls
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
Yeah totally Biden's fault!
I can't believe he got re-elected.
Tolls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics