IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags ae911truth , J. Leroy Hulsey , wtc 7

Old 8th December 2015, 12:51 AM   #601
ozeco41
Philosopher

Originally Posted by DGM View Post
gerrycan:

Simple question, was the rest of the building pristine in your opinion (or the NIST's)? A simple yes or no will do.

Thereby topples the T Sz/gerrycan/pepper/ae911/et al "House of Cards"

ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2015, 02:49 AM   #602
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator

Originally Posted by ozeco41 View Post
http://conleys.com.au/smilies/clap.gif http://conleys.com.au/smilies/clap.gif

Yes Ozeco, we know you subscribe to the "we can never know because the building wasn't pristine and anything could have happened" theory.

Sorry, but that kind of blow off doesn't work and can't be tolerated when discussing the catastrophic failure of an enormous building like WTC 7. Actual failure mechanisms can be discerned which cause the observables. The NIST WTC 7 report did not do that, so it is as non-explanatory as your "we can never know" theory.
Tony Szamboti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2015, 02:51 AM   #603
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator

http://conleys.com.au/smilies/clap.gif http://conleys.com.au/smilies/clap.gif

Yes Ozeco, we know you subscribe to the "we can never know because the building wasn't pristine and anything could have happened" theory and it seems some others have taken to it when they can't answer the problems with the NIST WTC 7 report. Your theory (or lack of one) seems to have become popular here among those who support the NIST explanation.

Sorry, but that kind of blow off doesn't work and can't be tolerated when discussing the catastrophic failure of an enormous building like WTC 7. Actual failure mechanisms can be discerned which cause the observables. The NIST WTC 7 report did not do that, so it is as non-explanatory as your "we can never know" theory.

Sitting there and claiming victory, like you are, while saying virtually nothing, is lowbrow behavior.

Last edited by Tony Szamboti; 8th December 2015 at 03:02 AM.
Tony Szamboti is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2015, 03:07 AM   #604
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti View Post
Yes Ozeco, we know you subscribe to the "we can never know because the building wasn't pristine and anything could have happened" theory and it seems some others have taken to it when they can't answer the problems with the NIST WTC 7 report. Your theory (or lack of one) seems to have become popular here among those who support the NIST explanation.

Sitting there and claiming victory, like you are, while saying virtually nothing, is lowbrow behavior.
Hi Tony,
interesting that you would bemoan the "no-claimer" stance when others utters it, but yourself pleaded ignorance while trying your best to avoid and dodge my questions:
Based on the behavior of the building during its collapse the only thing that can be ascertained (and the only thing I claim) is that it shows that 8 stories[1] of the core[2] were removed quickly[3] starting from the center to effect the demolition. Exactly how it was done I do not claim[4] to know and neither can you.
I had a few questions to that:

[1] Do you claim that the core columns were "removed" in at least one place, or at least two places, or on each of 8 floors?

[2] By "core" do you mean all 24 columns? Or could this imply "only 1 column" as a possible scenario? If neither "all 24" nor "perhaps just 1" applies, how many core columns do you claim must at least have been removed?

[3] What is "quickly"? Within a short time interval? How short - can you give an upper limit? (I am asking because obviously that interval has to be shorter than the shortest time you think is required for a natural collapse to progress laterally and still look the way the real collapse looked)

[4] So you do NOT claim that explosives were used?

I wonder of course why you wrote earlier
Quote:
First, the central core in WTC 7 contained 24 columns.

Second, there isn't a need for five charges per story section. Two would work just fine.

So 24 x 8 x 2 = 384 charges. That doesn't sound like much of an issue.
if you now pretend you can't give any such answers? Were you trying to bamboozle us by pretending you have a theory?
Old 8th December 2015, 04:26 AM   #605
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ

Originally Posted by gerrycan View Post
Stop humping other people's strawmen and find one of your own.
I would but the "NIST missing half an inch invalidation of fire induced collapse" angle is already taken.
Old 8th December 2015, 05:19 AM   #606
JSanderO
Illuminator

Before the moment frame and the attached curtain wall drops... we know the EPH at the roof drops (and seems to be atop a region of collapse right down through the entire building) and the there appears to be a PROGRESSIVE east to west collapse of the OTHER roof structures until the WPH disappears "into the building"... and THE the moment frame and curtain wall descend... developing a huge multi story high kink where the N-S girder at cols 73 and col 48... and rotating counter clockwise AND translating to the east. The movement was not AT free fall acceleration, was NOT symmetrical and STRONGLY suggests that the core failure was progressive east to west not a single event in time. The lateral movement and rotation accounts for the mis alignment of the moment frame with the columns supporting it below (floor 8) and explain why its motion shows no "axial resistance". Columns were not crushed... not CD over 8 floors in an instant... but BY PASSED or "missed" by the descending moment frame and attached curtain wall. Further the breaking of the windows strongly suggest that the NE quadrant was under tortional stress from the collapse or the floor areas behind those windows.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2015, 06:17 AM   #607
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Perhaps this is a good a time as any to remind ourselves - and particularly the believers of CD at WTC7 - that apparent symmetry and even corner-to-corner collapse DOES in fact happen occasionally from natural causes, without the need to attack several or all supports simultaneously:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwQS8xnaPe4

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Old 8th December 2015, 06:24 AM   #608
Dave Rogers
Bandaged ice that stampedes inexpensively through a scribbled morning waving necessary ankles

Originally Posted by Oystein View Post
Perhaps this is a good a time as any to remind ourselves - and particularly the believers of CD at WTC7 - that apparent symmetry and even corner-to-corner collapse DOES in fact happen occasionally from natural causes, without the need to attack several or all supports simultaneously:

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Wow, what's the story there?

Dave

- President Joseph R. Biden, January 20th, 2021
Dave Rogers is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2015, 06:30 AM   #609
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dave Rogers View Post
Wow, what's the story there?

Dave
The video info says:
"Karaganda. 10:55 a.m. Friday, 06.04.2012
The 5-storied building had 8 entrances, four of them collapsed. The total number of apartments in the building is 120. According to the preliminary information, 65 apartments collapsed. Residents had moved in into 38 of them, the 27 were still unoccupied.

17 apartments in the collapsed building were awarded as part of the state housing program. Where as many of the mortgages were issued by Eurasian Bank.

According to Karaganda Emergency Situations Department, 100-percent of people had been evacuated from the building. Property had been moved out from these 120 apartments before the collapse. The total of 111 people were evacuated.

Before the collapse the building was tilting to one side for several days. Starting with a small crack to inadmissible deviation of the building's corners reached 720 mm between April 1 and April 5. ."
Amazing - authorities predicted collapse before it happened!!
Old 8th December 2015, 07:25 AM   #610
Criteria
Critical Thinker

I AGREE
This sounds so not like WTC7.

http://en.tengrinews.kz/emergencies/...f-uneven-9948/
Karaganda apartment building collapsed because of uneven settlement of foundation

“According to the statements of the expert organizations, the main reasons of the building's collapse were:

1. Lack of measures to prevent swelling of soils from affecting the building’s steadiness,

2. Development of unacceptable uneven settlements of the foundation because of the soil swelling caused by lack of water retaining activities.

3. Insufficient hardness and load bearing capacity of the en bloc reinforced concrete framework of the building in the actual engineering-geological conditions,” the act states.

The experts also tagged several additional reasons that accelerated the collapse of the building in Bessoba complex:

- First of all, this is low concrete strength in 74 columns and 59 beams at the basement, 14 columns and 12 beams of upper floors.

- The second reason is lack of due transversely stiffness of the building, because the actual construction solution of the second block of building No.7 does not fully comply with the design.

- The third reason is in low-quality joints of the bearing structures of the basement: most of them were made in violation of the technological rules of concrete casting. In particular, longitudinal reinforcement joints have not been coated with concrete and the concrete mass contains different foreign agents like expanded foam, pieces of timber and rocks.

- The forth reason lays in the outside drainage pit along the G axis on the outside of the second block of building No.7. This pit facilitated the seasonal frosts in penetration of the soil and boosted the impact of flood and technogenic waters on the foundation’s bottom.

[url]http://en.tengrinews.kz/emergencies/Another-5-storey-Bessoba-building-collapsing-in-Karaganda-11705/[/urll]
Another 5-storey Bessoba building collapsing in Karaganda

“The building was tilting one one side from 12:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on Monday; the crack has reached 18 cm. It will collapse today or tomorrow,” the locals told Interfax-Kazakhstan. A resident of one of the neighboring buildings Sergey Abayev told that the crack had reached 10-12 cm during that day. The building started lurching in the evening and the crack has now reached 18 cm.

“Nobody lives in this building. It’s construction is not completed. This is one of the last buildings constructed in Bessoba,” he said."

Again.

Criteria is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2015, 07:41 AM   #611
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Criteria View Post
Hello Criteria, I thought you had put me on ignore because you ignore my qiuestions to you. Well good to see you are really dodging them and running away scared

Now as for the point I made when I posted the Karaganda video - can you rephrase, in your own words, what my argument was?
Then we shall analyse whether and how your reply addresses my argument.
Old 8th December 2015, 08:10 AM   #612
Criteria
Critical Thinker

Hello Criteria, I thought you had put me on ignore because you ignore my qiuestions to you. Well good to see you are really dodging them and running away scared

Now as for the point I made when I posted the Karaganda video - can you rephrase, in your own words, what my argument was?
Then we shall analyse whether and how your reply addresses my argument.
I do not put members on ignore.

...snip...
Edited by jsfisher:  Edited for compliance with Rule 12 of the Membership Agreement.

Regarding your post, any building that is so badly founded and constructed is likely to meet a calamitous ending.

WTC7 was not such a building.

Last edited by jsfisher; 8th December 2015 at 05:55 PM.
Criteria is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2015, 08:43 AM   #613
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Regarding your post, any building that is so badly founded and constructed is likely to meet a calamitous ending.

That still doesn't address my argument.
Try again - I'll help you - here's what I wrote regfarding the Karaganda collapse:
"apparent symmetry and even corner-to-corner collapse DOES in fact happen occasionally from natural causes, without the need to attack several or all supports simultaneously"
Can you parse this and express, in your own word, what my argument is? It's only one sentence, this can't be too hard
Old 8th December 2015, 09:44 AM   #614
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing

The CD delusion believers will be upset when Hulsey visuals for the mathematical collapse model don't look like a the real collapse caused by fire.

Why are CD cult followers unable to provide evidence? 14 years, and they are stuck with BS.
Old 8th December 2015, 10:10 AM   #615
Criteria
Critical Thinker

Try again - I'll help you - here's what I wrote regfarding the Karaganda collapse:
"apparent symmetry and even corner-to-corner collapse DOES in fact happen occasionally from natural causes, without the need to attack several or all supports simultaneously"
Can you parse this and express, in your own word, what my argument is? It's only one sentence, this can't be too hard
I addressed your post (read between the lines);
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...&postcount=612

For your point to have any relevance with respect to WTC7, other than being a further exercise for your own amusement, it needs to represent a valid comparison.

What your video shows is an implosive CD accomplished by terrible construction.

The two front corners appear to have fallen in sync. The rear of the building cannot be seen, though initial backward tilt suggests that it was likely leading the collapse, hence the alternate corner, unlike the SW corner of WTC7, was not also falling in sync.

Have fun using that example as your flagship case to prove the collapse of WTC7 could have been a natural event.
Old 8th December 2015, 12:40 PM   #616
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

I addressed your post
You did not address the actual argument spelled out clearly in my words.

(read between the lines);
Can you spell it out on the lines?
("Can" as in "are you able to")

For your point to have any relevance with respect to WTC7
What IS my point? Please say it in your own words, straight, courageous and honest, not cowardly and hidden "between the lines".
I really want to determine if you are at least able to read and correctly parse a single sentence in English language:

What your video shows is an implosive CD accomplished by terrible construction.
Holy crap, Criteria, did you not even understand your own words?!?!?
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...9#post11019459
Can you quote the bit that tells you this was "implosive CD"?
Do you not know what "CD" means?
Because the Karaganda collapse was not CD - particularly not according to the info that YOU posted.

The two front corners appear to have fallen in sync. The rear of the building cannot be seen, though initial backward tilt suggests that it was likely leading the collapse, hence the alternate corner, unlike the SW corner of WTC7, was not also falling in sync.
Oh the rear was surely leading the collapse - just as the core was leading the WTC7 collapse.
In both cases, progressive collape of the structure behind the facade led to the facade itself collapsing evenly and symmetrically.

I am glad that you saw this, even tough you play dumb.
Old 8th December 2015, 12:52 PM   #617
Grizzly Bear
このマスクによっ

..Regarding your post, any building that is so badly founded and constructed is likely to meet a calamitous ending.

WTC7 was not such a building...
There is no qualifier for it. The only reason CD's have a set of known traits is that each case is studied and engineered to cause failures in just the right places so that the building comes down in a "controlled" manner - usually to avoid damage to other buildings and cause minimal disturbance to the surrounding area. Outside of the engineered intent, the initiating failure locations decide where the fall is symmetrical, asymmetrical, a mix of the two, and which direction the collapse progresses.

And whilst Criteria will bring up the fact that building 7 complied with codes at the time it was constructed, it was not operating that way when the towers collapsed and reaped havoc on all of the infrastructure and the building itself. The sprinklers were crippled, and the damage done by falling debris very likely compromised the fire separations inside the building to a degree allowing them to spread more easily.

In all, a properly constructed building will ensure the proper evacuation and delay of collapse (of any degree) long enough to get people out. Most competent engineering will account for the expected things that can realistically happen in the life cycle of the building... Buildings code though don't have provisions that account for 110 story skyscrapers collapsing a few hundred feet away and the debris, and infrastructural damage that comes with.

If Criteria would like to argue otherwise to any of that it is his prerogative but nothing I've seen posted has indicated anything other than that he can only associate building collapse scenarios with CD or "very poorly designed buildings". Engineers understand that properly design buildings will do what they're supposed to do, but it is not out of the question that any properly designed building can succumb if subjected to the correct circumstances irrespective of "CD", Fire, or otherwise. But the ones participating on behalf of the TM are making claims contrary to what their experience should tell them and they limit themselves to one and only one item.

Last edited by Grizzly Bear; 8th December 2015 at 12:57 PM.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2015, 01:05 PM   #618
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

I was actually impressed with how far the building in the video leaned back before it failed. The main structure was not weak by any standards.

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2015, 01:48 PM   #619
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Arrgh
Wifi is down so I am on a slow data link with my phone and youtube just won't launch.

I understand that without explosive assistance a building with assymettric damage fell with corner to corner synchronicity.
Do I understand correctly?
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2015, 02:05 PM   #620
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Originally Posted by jaydeehess View Post
Arrgh
Wifi is down so I am on a slow data link with my phone and youtube just won't launch.

I understand that without explosive assistance a building with assymettric damage fell with corner to corner synchronicity.
Yeah, but not all the corners, just pairs of them. Therefore WTC7 was cd'd
GlennB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2015, 02:09 PM   #621
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Arrgh

A newly-built apartment complex in Karaganda, Russia: four of the eight 5-story buildings, all in a row with a continuous facade, were already leaning somewhat (not really obvious at the start of the video) due to problems and weaknesses described above.
Then, within less than 1 second, the entire roofline of the four buildings starts moving back and down. After 2-3 seconds, the supports low in the facade start breaking (again, within fractions of a second across the entire width), and within 5 seconds since first motion, the entire row of buildings is down.
Old 8th December 2015, 03:03 PM   #622
Criteria
Critical Thinker

Holy crap, Criteria, did you not even understand your own words?!?!?
Yes I got too casual with the language.

What I should have said, is that it was an implosive collapse caused by gross engineering incompetence.
Old 8th December 2015, 03:06 PM   #623
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Yes Ozeco, we know you subscribe to the "we can never know because the building wasn't pristine and anything could have happened" theory.

You liked this post so much you posted it twice?

As to your point,, your characterization of what is being said is not correct.

We can ascertain many things about the collapse. We cannot ascertain a lot of specifics though.

WRT fire spread/duration computer sims for instance, the condition of room doors affects the results.( Open, closed , partially open ) That information is not known or knowable. The sim NIST used, as input data points, that the doors were all open.

WRT your personal bugaboo, beam expansion and girder walk off, we can run calculations but it IS necessary to start with some assumptions such as that col 79 does not itself move. That no expansion of other nearby structure was taking place, that no cooling contraction of previously hot and deformed structure was taking place, that none of the more distant fires and impact damage was stressing structural components joining to either girder 44, or col 79 itself, how much did girder flange deform in the heat as the girder web approached the end of the seat.

Those assumptions are all wrong in a binary yes/no sense, but they are more minor players.

What can be determined is that beam expansion alone , with all other assumptions set to zero effect, could bring the girder close to total walk off.

But this all pertains to the collapse sequence detail that is the most hidden from view.
What did NIST do in getting down to that level? What forensic technique was employed?
They began with what could be observed.
1) - EPH falls into a hole in the roof.
--- They ran sims on building behaviour for several different column failures as to how the EPH would behave.
------Best fit to observables was col 79 failure

2)- Next observed are window and structural deformations that suggest col 79 failed low in the structure.

3)- Next observed was a extension of the rooftop crater and subsequent fall of more western rooftop structures.

4)- A vertical line of failure occurs described as a kink in the north face approximately in line with col 79.

5) - only after all floors along kink begin moving down, does the rest of the structure also move.

So, now we know the sequence that led up to global collapse. The first visible sign in this sequence was the EPH falling, and best forensic fit for that is a failure of col 79.
Other observation indicate a western progression from the location of column 79.
Forensically the next step is to determine what factors were observed which could affect the steel support. Large area fires were burning and had been burning for hours, with no active suppression. Fire is a well known danger to structural integrity of steel.
So, were any of the observed fires near col 79? Yes, the 12 the floor. This fits two items already forensically deduced, col 79 failure and its doing so relatively low in the building.

Investigation of how much the direct heating of col 79 would affect its ability to withstand the expected load at this location determines that it is insufficient to directly fail col 79.
Now did this heating have zero effect on the structural capability of col 79? No, just not enough to be a major issue, ie: "critical".

Columns are also known to require Lateral Support to check long column instability.
Forensically the next step is then to investigate the structure joining col 79.
Here it is noted that the beams intersecting the major girder are assymettrically placed. Beams on one side do not have in line counterparts on the other side. Beam expansion on those orthogonal to the girder would not be opposed by beams on the other side.
Investigation determines that a large amount of Lateral movement would bring the girder very close to full drop off from its seat on col 79.

Other stresses on col 79 would, it is found, moved/deform col 79 in the opposite direction.

Nowhere in this logical forensic sequence of investigation was any condition with no evidence utilised such as high explosives.

Last edited by jaydeehess; 8th December 2015 at 03:13 PM.
jaydeehess is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2015, 03:20 PM   #624
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist

What I should have said, is that it was an implosive collapse caused by gross engineering incompetence.
So, nothing strikes you as similar to the behaviour of the structures? Telling really............

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2015, 03:25 PM   #625
Reactor drone
Graduate Poster

I wasn't aware that there was any video showing the SW corner of 7 WTC during the collapse.
Reactor drone is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2015, 03:38 PM   #626
GlennB
Loggerheaded, earth-vexing fustilarian

Originally Posted by Reactor drone View Post
I wasn't aware that there was any video showing the SW corner of 7 WTC during the collapse.
Yeah, a few in fact, taken from the NW.
GlennB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2015, 03:55 PM   #627
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating

A newly-built apartment complex in Karaganda, Russia: four of the eight 5-story buildings, all in a row with a continuous facade, were already leaning somewhat (not really obvious at the start of the video) due to problems and weaknesses described above.
Then, within less than 1 second, the entire roofline of the four buildings starts moving back and down. After 2-3 seconds, the supports low in the facade start breaking (again, within fractions of a second across the entire width), and within 5 seconds since first motion, the entire row of buildings is down.

Yep, another clear case of PFPHEC.

That stands for Progressive Failure Propagating Horizontally Early in Collapse. I hope expect demand that everyone immediately adopts this acronym. PFPHEC is now the one and only correct term for the cause of the near-vertical (aka "symmetrical," "simultaneous," and "into its own footprint") falls observed in the video posted above, as well as of wtc7 and the towers.
Old 8th December 2015, 04:04 PM   #628
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

Ok, cool.
That does not address the point, the argument I made.

Try to rephrase my point, my argument, in your own words, so that we shall know you at least understand this one English sentence that clearly expressed my point!
Old 8th December 2015, 04:26 PM   #629
ozeco41
Philosopher

Tony Szamboti continues his practice of dishonest misrepresentation whenever he is faced by arguments he cannot rebut. Take this latest example - DGM asked gerrycan a simple question:
Originally Posted by DGM View Post
gerrycan:

Simple question, was the rest of the building pristine in your opinion (or the NIST's)? A simple yes or no will do.
...which - with DGM's usual accuracy in getting straight to the key point - targets the Szamboti unsupported assumption which leaves his WTC claims unproven. So I responded:

Tony is well aware of that false foundation - actually a missing foundation - with his "Girder Walk Off" "Arguments". I have advised him many times and he has not corrected his error.

Once again he cannot respond so he misrepresents with this load of nonsense. I'll only comment on the main points of explicit overt untruth:
Yes Ozeco, we know you subscribe to the "we can never know because the building wasn't pristine and anything could have happened" theory1 and it seems some others have taken to it when they can't answer the problems with the NIST WTC 7 report2. Your theory (or lack of one) seems to have become popular here among those who support the NIST explanation3.

Sorry, but that kind of blow off doesn't work and can't be tolerated when discussing the catastrophic failure of an enormous building like WTC 7. Actual failure mechanisms can be discerned which cause the observables.4 The NIST WTC 7 report did not do that, so it is as non-explanatory as your "we can never know" theory.5

Sitting there and claiming victory, like you are,6 while saying virtually nothing, is lowbrow behavior.7
1 Outright deliberate untruth. Reality is that I have identified and advised Tony of the main error which leaves Tony's claim unproven - till he fixes the error. He continues to deny or evade the error.
2 Presumption - Tony is assuming errors with the NIST report which he has failed to prove and which are subject of the ongoing discussion. My assertion of fact - which he refuses to address - demonstrates that he has not proved his claim.
3 Three separate untruths - parse them for yourself.
4 True actually - but the implication that he correctly "discerns" is not true - and it is the same presumption of the same "truth" which he continues to fail to support by reasoned argument. Typical SOP/MO for Tony - predetermine his conclusion THEN pretends that he has proved it when he hasn't even got close.
5 Another triumvirate of self serving bits of dishonesty - parse them for yourself.
6 No claim of victory - I'm not claiming anything OTHER THAN pointing out the error under Tony's unproven claim.
7 "saying virtually nothing" is yet another Tony speak euphemism for "Gee I stuffed up again and I cannot respond to your argument." And the snide put down is like unto the probability of aqueous penetration of duck feathers. He knows they don't influence me - and better trolls than he have tried.

For The Record - Status of ozeco v T Sz
- his three big claims:
1) Missing Jolt I have both rebutted his claim AND on many occasions explained what really happened;
2) On his claims about "axial impact" same status; WHILST
3) With WTC7 I've left the detailed debate to others - content myself to demonstrate that his primary assumption is unproven. That is the one he continues to tell fibs about.

Last edited by ozeco41; 8th December 2015 at 04:54 PM.
ozeco41 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th December 2015, 08:02 PM   #630
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Have fun using that example as your flagship case to prove the collapse of WTC7 could have been a natural event.
Hmm, did you notice that the lowest ten or so floors of the SW corner of WTC7were missing after WTC1 collapsed. Sooo, if the NW corner is done in how much support would there be in the west face?
Old 8th December 2015, 09:02 PM   #631
MileHighMadness
Muse

WTC 7 was a poorly designed building that lacked redundancy and ductility.
Old 8th December 2015, 10:41 PM   #632
pgimeno
Illuminator

So anyway. How much will a 53ft beam expand at 600C ?
Do you get extra points per each thread you hijack?
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2015, 12:41 AM   #633
ozeco41
Philosopher

You liked this post so much you posted it twice?

As to your point,, your characterization of what is being said is not correct....
He dare not address what I actually have said - because if he does his house of cards claims re WTC7 will collapse. Just as I said in the post he misrepresents AND did not address.

Your summary is spot on - concise and accurate:
WRT your personal bugaboo, beam expansion and girder walk off, we can run calculations but it IS necessary to start with some assumptions such as that col 79 does not itself move. That no expansion of other nearby structure was taking place, that no cooling contraction of previously hot and deformed structure was taking place, that none of the more distant fires and impact damage was stressing structural components joining to either girder 44, or col 79 itself, how much did girder flange deform in the heat as the girder web approached the end of the seat.

Those assumptions are all wrong in a binary yes/no sense ......
That is the fantasy scenario he adopts - SOP for Tony - adopt a fantasy starting point scenario which pre-sets the predetermined conclusion of "CD". Never respond with reasoned argument and misrepresent, insult or personally attack those members who post reasoning which destroys his claims. He did the same with "Missing Jolt" AND with his false assertions about "axial contact" and the need for a massive horizontal force to make column ends miss. All utter nonsense as I and others have shown him many times.

With WTC7 I decided long ago to not enter into the detailed debate because it is IMO an irrelevant waste of time when Tony cannot even support his claim with valid starting assumptions and scenarios.

I am aware that many members have repeatedly shown him wrong in detail - so no point me entering the discussion at that detailed level. At least not until Tony decides to get serious. And that event will be preceded by porcine aeronautics IMO - and heralded by fanfares of trumpets.
Old 9th December 2015, 01:56 AM   #634
Tony Szamboti
Illuminator

He dare not address what I actually have said - because if he does his house of cards claims re WTC7 will collapse. Just as I said in the post he misrepresents AND did not address.

Your summary is spot on - concise and accurate:
That is the fantasy scenario he adopts - SOP for Tony - adopt a fantasy starting point scenario which pre-sets the predetermined conclusion of "CD". Never respond with reasoned argument and misrepresent, insult or personally attack those members who post reasoning which destroys his claims. He did the same with "Missing Jolt" AND with his false assertions about "axial contact" and the need for a massive horizontal force to make column ends miss. All utter nonsense as I and others have shown him many times.

With WTC7 I decided long ago to not enter into the detailed debate because it is IMO an irrelevant waste of time when Tony cannot even support his claim with valid starting assumptions and scenarios.

I am aware that many members have repeatedly shown him wrong in detail - so no point me entering the discussion at that detailed level. At least not until Tony decides to get serious. And that event will be preceded by porcine aeronautics IMO - and heralded by fanfares of trumpets.
All I see you do is make unsubstantiated claims that you and others here have somehow refuted the points made showing the NIST WTC 7 report to be non-explanatory by saying we can't know what was happening in WTC 7.

There is actually nothing to address in what you have said and the "we will never know" mantra is generally the last bastion of a cover-up that is falling apart.

Last edited by Tony Szamboti; 9th December 2015 at 01:58 AM.
Old 9th December 2015, 02:25 AM   #635
ozeco41
Philosopher

All I see you do is make unsubstantiated claims that you and others here have somehow refuted the points made showing the NIST WTC 7 report to be non-explanatory by saying we can't know what was happening in WTC 7.

There is actually nothing to address in what you have said and the "we will never know" mantra is generally the last bastion of a cover-up that is falling apart.
Repeating your untruths will fool no-one Tony. I wont waste effort parsing and responding to the 7 untruths in that brief bit of evasive dishonesty. (Sure astute members may identify more than 7 - no problem. My point still stands.)

We all know that you dare not address the technical explanations which prove you wrong.

So I may as well repeat the process assertions which you also dare not address:
Tony Szamboti continues his practice of dishonest misrepresentation whenever he is faced by arguments he cannot rebut.
..prove me wrong on that one Tony - stop the process dishonesty of misrepresenting me and face up to the technical assertion that you have not proved that your base assumption for WTC7 is correct. And drop all the evasive BS - that ONE point is ALL I am holding you to at this stage. YOUR starting point is not proven. So cut the dodging and prove it.
He dare not address what I actually have said - because if he does his house of cards claims re WTC7 will collapse.
Your foundation premise for your WTC 7 nonsense claims is not proven Tony. When will you prove it?

I doubt you can - BUT if you do we can them move on to the other dishonest claims you base on that dubious foundation.

BUT - prove it first.

Last edited by ozeco41; 9th December 2015 at 02:31 AM.
Old 9th December 2015, 02:37 AM   #636
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing

...the "we will never know" mantra is generally the last bastion of a cover-up that is falling apart.
Interesting this, coming from the man who also wrote:
Based on the behavior of the building during its collapse the only thing that can be ascertained (and the only thing I claim) is that it shows that 8 stories[1] of the core[2] were removed quickly[3] starting from the center to effect the demolition. Exactly how it was done I do not claim[4] to know and neither can you.
Now, I think the highlighted bit is actually just another dishonesty - you have made quite specific claims already - and so I had devised a few questions for you, which everyone here can see you evading:

[1] Do you claim that the core columns were "removed" in at least one place, or at least two places, or on each of 8 floors?

[2] By "core" do you mean all 24 columns? Or could this imply "only 1 column" as a possible scenario? If neither "all 24" nor "perhaps just 1" applies, how many core columns do you claim must at least have been removed?

[3] What is "quickly"? Within a short time interval? How short - can you give an upper limit? (I am asking because obviously that interval has to be shorter than the shortest time you think is required for a natural collapse to progress laterally and still look the way the real collapse looked)

[4] So you do NOT claim that explosives were used?

I wonder of course why you wrote earlier
Originally Posted by Tony Szamboti
First, the central core in WTC 7 contained 24 columns.

Second, there isn't a need for five charges per story section. Two would work just fine.

So 24 x 8 x 2 = 384 charges. That doesn't sound like much of an issue.
if you now pretend you can't give any such answers? Were you trying to bamboozle us by pretending you have a theory?

Or don't you consider the "we cannot know" mantra to generally be the last bastion of a cover-up that is falling apart?
Old 9th December 2015, 07:44 AM   #637
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Geez Tony, I posted a summary of the sequence of the forensic investigation that builds on what was known, aided by 100 years of fire science and structural engineering.
POINT IS that the deeper one goes the less precise the results of the calculations. THEREFORE if one gets results that show, for eg. , that the girder was moved by beam expansion alone to within an inch of full walk off, then its a good call to say that the girder/seat connection failed.

As for not making claims: who was it again who states that col 79 was demo'd just a few floors below the rooftop in order to lower the CoG of the building?
Old 9th December 2015, 10:07 AM   #638
BasqueArch
Graduate Poster

So anyway. How much will a 53ft beam expand at 600C ?
Enough to buckle the col.79-44 beams and girder and have the beams push the girder off the seat by lateral-torsional buckling.

NIST Never Said The Beams Expanded 6.25 Inches
In Your Guts You Know They're Nuts. "There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true." -Kierkegaard . "The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. "- Marcus Aurelius
A Truther is a True Believer convinced by lies. You can't reason someone out of a thing they weren't reasoned into.There's a sucker born every minute-Barnum
BasqueArch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th December 2015, 10:59 AM   #639
Myriad
The Clarity Is Devastating

Originally Posted by MileHighMadness View Post
WTC 7 was a poorly designed building that lacked redundancy and ductility.

No, it was a perfectly good building that happened to experience PFPHEC.
Old 9th December 2015, 11:57 AM   #640
jaydeehess
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by BasqueArch View Post

This is interesting of course. Anyone wish to quote NIST on this? gerrycan, Ziggi, Tony Szamboti, JSO, Ozeco, anyone who happens to still have the NIST report saved. I needed the space on my tablet so it got gassed.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories