ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 27th November 2019, 11:07 AM   #1
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Maryland teens planned mass murder - injured one

Girl, 14, faces attempted murder charges after 'she and her 13-year-old boyfriend attacked his family member with a hammer and knife' - after the couple drew up a 'kill list' and planned to commit suicide together

Originally Posted by Daily Mail
A 14-year-old girl is accused of plotting with her boyfriend to kill one of his relatives as part of a 'kill list' before killing themselves, police say.

Alaina Jade Blake, 14, faces charges of attempted first and second-degree murder, first and second-degree assault, an addition to reckless endangerment, the Carroll County Times reports. The 13-year-old's name was withheld because he is charged as a juvenile. The boy was charged but police did not elaborate on what the charges are.

Court documents show Blake and her boyfriend attacked his 56-year-old relative with a hammer and knife. Carroll County Senior Assistant State's Attorney Jennifer Brady says the victim is in stable condition.

Brady says the teens also planned to kill Blake's grandparents and 'possibly others.'

The attorney said the teens had a 'murder-suicide plot' in which Blake would ask her boyfriend to kill her once their list was complete. Blake and her boyfriend launched the attack on his 56-year-old relative on Monday after another family member left the house for work.

The victim was taken to University of Maryland Shock Trauma Center for treatment, and will need reconstructive jaw surgery but is in a stable condition. The victim managed to call the police and they arrived straight away.

Cops were called to the house in Manchester at 5.20 am on Monday and discovered the two teenagers standing on the roof, with blood-stained clothes. They had knives in their hands, according to Carroll County Times.

Cops ordered them to put their weapons down and they were subsequently arrested...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...kill-list.html
Attached Images
File Type: jpg j520.jpg (60.5 KB, 2 views)
Old 27th November 2019, 11:35 AM   #2
Thermal
Philosopher

#Living While Mass Murdering

Its a thing now
Old 27th November 2019, 03:22 PM   #3
Hungry81
Master Poster

But they didnt murder anyone, so how do you know they intended to? Sure they stabbed and hit someone with a hammer, but that ain't murder, and it could have been self defense. They also allegedly had a "kill" list, but that could just have been youthful artistic expression in a story they were playing and/or harmlessly acting out. Accidents happen you know. Why destroy two young lives over meer over baked allegations? Psychic policing in a nanny state much?
Hungry81 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2019, 04:43 PM   #4
wasapi
Philosopher

I would have to look at statistics, but it seems there is a rise in cases of violent teenagers. Teenagers who murder/attempt to murder others. Each case is tragic.

In this case, there is a great lack of information in the article, and I would be interested in learning about the history, priors, mental health of the teens before.

The attack was serious. Allegedly the plan was to murder, and that seems clear.
It was interesting that the teens original plan was to commit suicide after the murders, at least the girl, but then decided to escape to Canada.
Old 27th November 2019, 07:57 PM   #5
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Hungry81 View Post
But they didnt murder anyone, so how do you know they intended to? Sure they stabbed and hit someone with a hammer, but that ain't murder, and it could have been self defense. They also allegedly had a "kill" list, but that could just have been youthful artistic expression in a story they were playing and/or harmlessly acting out. Accidents happen you know. Why destroy two young lives over meer over baked allegations? Psychic policing in a nanny state much?

I guess "...the couple drew up a 'kill list'" sort of implies that, doesn't it?
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th November 2019, 09:00 PM   #6
mgidm86
Philosopher

Well that changes everything!!! This one case means all the other ones were justified!!! Right?

Last edited by mgidm86; 27th November 2019 at 09:02 PM.
mgidm86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events