ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags dark matter , quantum , quantum mechanics

Old 4th December 2019, 10:12 AM   #2161
pittsburghjoe
Muse

yeah, look at quantum weirdness.
pittsburghjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2019, 10:13 AM   #2162
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Originally Posted by pittsburghjoe View Post
You don't get duality without a Virtual Dimension. Dark Matter remains in this dimension.
I don't care if I end up being wrong on how Dark Matter is created. What matters is that I just discovered a new dimension ..it's kind of a big deal.
So you decided to let the few dozen regular members of a dying web forum know about it... why because?
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2019, 12:56 PM   #2163
Belz...
Fiend God

yeah, look at quantum weirdness.
We already have that. You stated that you had something new. What is it? Show me.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2019, 01:06 PM   #2164
pittsburghjoe
Muse

You must have skipped over some of my comments. It's QFT without Spacetime, that's all you need.
pittsburghjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2019, 01:07 PM   #2165
Belz...
Fiend God

You must have skipped over some of my comments. It's QFT without Spacetime, that's all you need.
No, you're going to have to put more effort into it.

Spacetime is a core component of GR, and QM doesn't quite encompass everything. At this point we require both theories, so if you want to do away with spacetime, and thus relativity, you have to propose improvements to QM.

So what are they?

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2019, 01:12 PM   #2166
pittsburghjoe
Muse

Quantum weirdness events are not real, therefore do not need spacetime. QFT with Spacetime is a model for when the wave is in duality mode.
Old 4th December 2019, 01:20 PM   #2167
Belz...
Fiend God

Quantum weirdness events are not real, therefore do not need spacetime. QFT with Spacetime is a model for when the wave is in duality mode.
Oh, ok. I see you have zero understanding of either theory. Makes one wonder why in the world you think you can overturn them.

Old 4th December 2019, 01:21 PM   #2168
pittsburghjoe
Muse

fine, no unified theory for you either.
Old 4th December 2019, 01:23 PM   #2169
Belz...
Fiend God

fine, no unified theory for you either.
You weren't going to present it one way or another, so this is an empty threat.

Old 4th December 2019, 02:07 PM   #2170
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Exclamation 3 items of ignorance, fantasy, delusion and lies by pittsburghjoe 4 December 2019

4 December 2019 pittsburghjoe: Absolute stupidity of wanting to call a dimension a field when they are different !
4 December 2019 pittsburghjoe: Utter stupidity that "QTF " has to have a unified theory and that he does !
4 December 2019 pittsburghjoe: More ignorant "quantum weirdness events" gibberish.
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th December 2019, 02:28 PM   #2171
Reality Check
Penultimate Amazing

Exclamation A deluded "Quantum weirdness events are not real/physical" lie

5 December 2019 pittsburghjoe: A deluded "Quantum weirdness events are not real/physical" lie when we measure real and physical quantum events.

Next post: 5 December 2019 pittsburghjoe: An insanely ignorant "You only get probabilities when working with something that isn't real." when dice, etc. are real !

Next post: 5 December 2019 pittsburghjoe: Total "entangled waves are seen as a single entity to the virtual field" gibberish and lie (he has a delusion of a "virtual dimension").

Next post: 5 December 2019 pittsburghjoe: Total "Uncertainty is only when the Virtual Field has influence." gibberish and lie (he has a delusion of a "virtual dimension").

Next post: 5 December 2019 pittsburghjoe: A deluded "yeah, look at quantum weirdness" lie when that is QM and not weird to anyone with an education.
There are real and physical phenomena in the quantum world that we observe but do not happen in the macroscopic world. For example, there are electronic devices that only work because electrons tunnel through barriers that classically they cannot travel through. QM explains this and most importantly matches what is measured to happen. That is science.

This is not support for his ignorant gibberish that cannot match what is measured to happen.

Next post: 5 December 2019 pittsburghjoe: The "QFT without Spacetime" insanity yet again.

Next post: 5 December 2019 pittsburghjoe: Usual lying gibberish about QFT, spacetime, etc.
Quantum events are real when when they are "weird". The "do not need spacetime" insanity which is insane even for "not real" events. Some "wave is in duality mode" gibberish.

Next post: 5 December 2019 pittsburghjoe: A "fine, no unified theory for you either." truth for once!
He just has ignorant gibberish so of course there is no unified theory for anyone from pittsburghjoe .
Reality Check is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:49 AM   #2172
pittsburghjoe
Muse

Question Are Quantum weirdness events a wave only activity?

I don't think waves are in a duality when superposition, entanglement, and tunneling occur.
Old Yesterday, 08:52 AM   #2173
Wolrab
Illuminator

You couldn't do your silly, unscientific speculation proclamations in the other thread?
"Such reports are usually based on the sighting of something the sighters cannot explain and that they (or someone else on their behalf) explain as representing an interstellar spaceship-often by saying "But what else can it be?" as though thier own ignorance is a decisive factor." Isaac Asimov
Wolrab is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:58 AM   #2174
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Betteridge's Law of Headlines
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 09:32 AM   #2175
pittsburghjoe
Muse

Dark Matter is a wave only activity.
Old Yesterday, 10:05 AM   #2176
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Dark Matter is a wave only activity.
Gravity waves?
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:30 AM   #2177
pittsburghjoe
Muse

They are involved, yes.
Old Yesterday, 10:39 AM   #2178
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

They are involved, yes.
What about radio waves?
Old Yesterday, 10:45 AM   #2179
pittsburghjoe
Muse

Dark Matter is Virtual Mass. I think radio waves would wave right through them.
Old Yesterday, 11:09 AM   #2180
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Dark Matter is Virtual Mass. I think radio waves would wave right through them.
Bummer. I was hoping your theory would help solve my radio reception problem.

Does your theory make any interesting testable predictions?
Old Yesterday, 01:09 PM   #2181
pittsburghjoe
Muse

I predict cosmic voids don't have spacetime because there isn't enough mass to enact it. This is why they expand and spacetime zones don't.
Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM   #2182
pittsburghjoe
Muse

Time dilation would be insane there if time exists there at all.
Old Yesterday, 02:15 PM   #2183
JeanTate
Illuminator

I predict cosmic voids don't have spacetime because there isn't enough mass to enact it. This is why they expand and spacetime zones don't.
I predict that none of the ideas you have posted in this thread will end up in physics textbooks.
JeanTate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Science, Mathematics, Medicine, and Technology