ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 7th June 2018, 07:50 PM   #1
therival58
Muse

Lightbulb Become an "Email Income Expert" and quit your 9-5?

Ok ok, I know I am reaching that fine line into promotions, but let me preface this by saying this is not for promotion. I am no way affiliated with Jason Capital or any of his programs.

I got wind of this through an email newsletter. The curious side in me got me to investigate. I signed up for the webinar and missed 95% of it because of other obligations. When I logged in, I saw videos of testimonials saying how their lives have been changed by the program, like how they are making 1000s a month and traveling the world, etc etc.

It seems being an "Email Income Expert" sounds like an express version of a professional copywriter. From the gist of it, the seller, Jason Capital, is saying that you can learn how to write email newsletters for businesses and those said businesses will pay you $5-10K per month because at the end of the day, you are saving them money. I've searched "Email Income expert" on Google, and even people on LinkedIn list it as their profession.

Ive posted an overview of the course and links to personal websites of individuals who proclaim themselves as freelance Email Income Experts. Naturally, it has the ring of "too good to be true." BUT, there are video testimonials of actual users, so it must be true, right?

http://emailincome.com/ch/program.html
http://emailincome.com/ready.html

Freelance websites:

https://parxplace.com/

https://www.jamelemailexpert.com/

https://www.genuineemailmastery.com/

Quote:
EO and Founder of Hidden G.E.M. (Genuine Email Mastery), an email marketing solution for business professionals. She's been personally trained and mentored by Jason Capital, who is recognized by President Barack Obama as a Top 100 White House Entrepreneur and considered by many to be the most dominant Email Income Expert in the world
http://aimanmarketingclosing.com/

Quote:
Trained under the Email King himself, Jason Capital, Andrew is not only a certified email expert, but is quickly becoming the most sought-after email marketer for fitness businesses in NY.
https://medium.com/@dimitar.a.cholak...s-53f1fca10ef2

If true, this is a big secret in the world of generating income!

Last edited by therival58; 7th June 2018 at 08:55 PM.
therival58 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th June 2018, 08:23 PM   #2
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

If anyone could do a certain job then the market would be flooded with people wanting to do that job reducing the cost of hiring these people. Actually writing professionally is a very hard job. Anyone who could do it could get many jobs such as journalist or author. But then you also need other skills in order to have material needed to write. For example sales people need to know the product and who they are selling to. Without that the emails would say nothing.

Looked at one of the links. Had scam all over it. It says that there are only 59 vacancies left. Wait a week or two and you may find the same number still there.
Old 8th June 2018, 08:55 PM   #3
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

Originally Posted by therival58 View Post
I saw videos of testimonials saying how their lives have been changed by the program, like how they are making 1000s a month and traveling the world, etc etc.
You could have stopped researching at this point.
Old 9th June 2018, 03:10 PM   #4
Mongrel
Begging for Scraps

Have a look at Botwatch , they gather information about MLMs and related scams. I couldn't find anything about that particular newsletter but it does read like many of the things on the site
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.” - Charles Darwin

...like so many contemporary philosophers he especially enjoyed giving helpful advice to people who were happier than he was. - Tom Lehrer
Mongrel is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2018, 04:22 PM   #5
therival58
Muse

Originally Posted by psionl0 View Post
You could have stopped researching at this point.
I usually am more critical of these things. When these kinds of programs post video "Testimonials" of 'students' from all over the world, can it be that they are actors?
therival58 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th June 2018, 08:10 PM   #6
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

When these kinds of programs post video "Testimonials" of 'students' from all over the world, can it be that they are actors genuine?
This the more relevant question.
Old 9th June 2018, 08:58 PM   #7
rdwight
Critical Thinker

I could get into how this program won't scratch the surface of what is required to run a large scale email marketing campaign for a large company, but really you only need to think of a couple things.

First, this is an in house position. It is too important to hire freelancers, even if you might use some in limited instances.

Last, you can't ******** experience in this field.
rdwight is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2018, 12:34 AM   #8
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

Originally Posted by rjh01 View Post
<snip>

Looked at one of the links. Had scam all over it. It says that there are only 59 vacancies left. Wait a week or two and you may find the same number still there.
Still 59 vacancies. Wonder why they are not going very fast?
Old 18th July 2018, 09:08 AM   #9
therival58
Muse

Dan Pena might offer insight into where Jason Capital (not his real name) gets his income. On the Joe Roegan show, Pena says that apparently Jason Capital has thousands of paying customers each paying him paying $80 - $3,000 a month. It wouldnt surprise me with these course prices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=WoqIRSZ818M

Last edited by therival58; 18th July 2018 at 09:11 AM.
Old 18th July 2018, 09:14 AM   #10
Loss Leader
I would save the receptionist.

I usually am more critical of these things. When these kinds of programs post video "Testimonials" of 'students' from all over the world, can it be that they are actors?

Not necessarily. It can be, however, that they are the very smallest percentage of "students" who actually go on to make money. There are some Herbalife consultants making hundreds of thousands a year. That doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of their "distributors" lose thousands and end up with garages full of unsellable, unreturnable products.

ETA: It seems work-from-home isn't the only get-rich-quick scheme that Jason has sold.

L. Leader

Last edited by Loss Leader; 18th July 2018 at 09:16 AM.
Loss Leader is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 10:15 AM   #11
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

It has scam written all over it. "If it sounds too good to be true, chances are that it is..."
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 11:22 AM   #12
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
It has scam written all over it. "If it sounds too good to be true, chances are that it is..."
Yeah. If there is an easy, non-risky, way to make good money working from home with little advance investment, enough people will eventually catch on to flood whatever market you're in. So, if you know of one, keep quiet and take advantage of it while the going is good.
Old 18th July 2018, 05:56 PM   #13
Roger Ramjets
Illuminator

Originally Posted by timhau View Post
Yeah. If there is an easy, non-risky, way to make good money working from home with little advance investment, enough people will eventually catch on to flood whatever market you're in. So, if you know of one, keep quiet and take advantage of it while the going is good.
Unless your scheme is selling work-from-home schemes.

Originally Posted by therival58
apparently Jason Capital has thousands of paying customers each paying him paying $80 - $3,000 a month.
Sounds like his scheme works!
Old 19th July 2018, 01:10 AM   #14
Greebo
Thinker

It smells of scam from the description - I wouldn't touch anything like this with a barge pole.

BTW - still only 59 places left
Greebo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2018, 12:07 PM   #15
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

It's so obvious a scam that I lose a little sympathy for those who fall for it because of the stupidity factor.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th July 2018, 02:26 PM   #16
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
It's so obvious a scam that I lose a little sympathy for those who fall for it because of the stupidity factor.
I made a comment like that once on Facebook. Got into trouble from relatives of people who did fall for it. LOL. Showed how stupid some people are.
Old 23rd August 2018, 06:40 AM   #17
nothanks
New Blood

Tutolage??

Andrew Jamel can not even use spell check.

From his website:

"Under the tutolage of Jason Capital, Andrew Jamel has been trained to write emails for some of the biggest names in fitness."

Should be "tutelage"

Will I get paid big bucks for my editing?
nothanks is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd August 2018, 06:49 AM   #18
The Greater Fool
Illuminator

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way
Originally Posted by nothanks View Post

From his website:

"Under the tutolage of Jason Capital, Andrew Jamel has been trained to write emails for some of the biggest names in fitness."

Should be "tutelage"

Send an invoice. I'm sure your spell cheeking will be appreciated.
Old 23rd August 2018, 02:04 PM   #19
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

Originally Posted by nothanks View Post

From his website:

Should be "tutelage"

You are right. It is full of spelling errors.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance