IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags cryptids , loch ness monster

Old 6th May 2014, 11:00 AM   #1
Lensman
Graduate Poster

Loch Ness Monster Sighting: Has Sonar Technology Found Nessie?

I'm not a Nessie bleever, but I thought I'd post this anyway:-

Feel free to discuss.
If the early bird catches the worm - shouldn't the worm have stayed in bed?
Lensman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 12:03 PM   #2
Psi Baba
Homo Skepticalis

The article talks about images but doesn't publish the images. Without seeing them, there's not much to discuss. It's just some guy talking about images.

"...a distinctly-shaped outline . . . the unidentified shape . . . this image . . . it's impossible to tell what we've picked up here."

To make matters worse, he refers to the satellite image which has already been shown to be a boat wake.

There is a cult of ignorance . . . nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge. -- Isaac Asimov
Psi Baba is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 01:59 PM   #3
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Wasn't this recently debunked? Not sure if I can find the links, but I recall it having something to do with the Jacobite company.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 02:23 PM   #4
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Originally Posted by Lensman View Post
I'm not a Nessie bleever, but I thought I'd post this anyway:-

Feel free to discuss.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betteri...w_of_headlines

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 03:37 PM   #5
dlorde
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Yahoo News
The unidentified shape was picked up by sonar equipment aboard a Jacobite Cruises vessel and follows reports the fabled monster had been seen in satellite images of the area.
The satellite images turned out to be a boat (might have been the Jacobite Cruises vessel itself!). Tricky to identify the sonar images without seeing them...
Old 6th May 2014, 04:35 PM   #6
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

The image: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...tish-lake.html
jerrywayne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 05:00 PM   #7
Lensman
Graduate Poster

I should've read this before I posted it.
If the early bird catches the worm - shouldn't the worm have stayed in bed?
Lensman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal